Election Year not good for Gun Control [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Election Year not good for Gun Control

Baba Louie
07-22-2012, 13:29
So says the esteemed Senator from CA
http://news.yahoo.com/feinstein-election-not-ideal-gun-debate-153421106.html

Gosh, makes this election kind of important for gun owners again does it not?

wjv
07-22-2012, 22:53
I'm sure another nut job will provide a repeat performance in another year or two.

What i find amazing is that this basically is an admission that a majority of the people in this country don't want more gun control, but they would really like to shove it down our throats anyway. . .

Baba Louie
07-23-2012, 05:22
I'm sure another nut job will provide a repeat performance in another year or two.I have no doubt you are correct. Ever since Whitman and the UT tower episode when I was a kid or Oswald, et al, one or two deranged individuals or extremist fanatics come along to wreak havoc on a small scale with politicians then "fixing" the problem; only to find, there is no fix, no, one size fits all solution to individual aberrant behavior. Try as they might, you cannot control each and every criminal nutjob without repressing some other law abiding citizens.

Hence, not only is the upcoming presidential election important to our nation (Budget management??? & SCOTUS appointments), so is the race for the senate and congressional seats at the federal level (Budget management???), but State elections as well (witness Wisconsin's Scott recall vote).

I do expect the media to continue to push very hard for some type of "gun control", any type of feel good measure, in wake of the Aurora tragedy.