Washington's Message to Americans: 'We Own You' [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Washington's Message to Americans: 'We Own You'

snerd
07-22-2012, 15:57
Agree or disagree?
The president's Roanoke speech, the full text of which may be found here (http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/07/13/remarks-president-campaign-event-roanoke-virginia), goes beyond mere insult to American entrepreneurs.

Certainly his words are offensive enough to business builders and owners; however, they go beyond mere insult. They go beyond the implication that the collective trumps the individual. They go beyond the trampling of the American dream. They even go beyond a direct attack on personal achievement and the fluid hierarchy that have characterized the American middle class.

His core message, combined with other red-light indicators (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoqI5PSRcXM) of a radically leftist political philosophy which includes wealth redistribution, is the message of the almighty and sovereign State:

"We own you."

Without the State, you are nothing. All your abilities, your intellect, your individuality, your work, your dreams, and the fruits of your labor would never happen without the federal government. Where would you be without us? We allowed you, along with the rest of the amorphous and indistinguishable masses constituting the collective, to thrive.

You owe everything to the State.

What you eat, where you sleep, and how you earn your daily bread are because of the State's munificence. Everything is a gift to you from the State, in which you live and move and have your being.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/07/washingtons_message_to_americans_we_own_you.html#ixzz (http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/07/washingtons_message_to_americans_we_own_you.html#ixzz21OIikmyH)21OIikmyH (http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/07/washingtons_message_to_americans_we_own_you.html#ixzz21OIikmyH)

barbedwiresmile
07-22-2012, 20:22
Without loyal agents, and the support they get from Americans , Washington would own nothing. Thanks 'conservatives'...

cowboy1964
07-22-2012, 21:45
Hard to believe he's trying to win re-election, spouting this nonsense, isn't it?

UtahIrishman
07-22-2012, 22:01
Nobody owns me...period.

That is about the strangest drivel I've ever heard. What is he thinking?

azatrox
07-22-2012, 22:05
Hard to believe he's trying to win re-election, spouting this nonsense, isn't it?

And even harder to believe that the poll numbers are as close as they are, even with him spouting that nonsense.

RickD
07-23-2012, 07:48
He sounded like a prickly Feudal Lord, confused as to why the peasants revolt. "See all I've done for you?"

Deployment Solu
07-23-2012, 08:46
Just wait and see what we do for him this November...like put him out of a job!!!!

aircarver
07-23-2012, 12:04
He sounded like a prickly Feudal Lord, confused as to why the peasants revolt. "See all I've done for you?"

"Master of the World" feeling his oats ... :upeyes:

brickboy240
07-23-2012, 12:21
Why is he saying these things?

Well...HELLO...think about it.

Right now, only about 53% of those that drag home a paycheck actually pay income taxes. Currently, about 48% off all US households receive some sort of govt. assistance. About 16% (when you add in the people that stopped looking) of the people are unemployed and dependent on govt.

With numbers like that...Obama can feel emboldened to say things like that and not only get away with it but ramp up support from an ever growing base.

More takers....less makers.

...all by design.

-brickboy240

SPIN2010
07-23-2012, 12:30
Nobody owns me...period.

That is about the strangest drivel I've ever heard. What is he thinking?

Lose your place of residence (with no means of support) one time with no place to go (or any family) and get back with me. Your views will have markedly changed.

UtahIrishman
07-23-2012, 18:19
Lose your place of residence (with no means of support) one time with no place to go (or any family) and get back with me. Your views will have markedly changed.

I've been down that road. My views haven't changed in the least. If anything I've become even a more firm believer in self-reliance.

Getting help and being owned are entirely two different concepts.

Bottom line is if you know you can walk away, even if you don't, you are not owned. If you don't understand that then you are owned.

This is important.
It's about freedom of choice. I hope I've made sense because this to me is one of the huge differences between those who are self-reliant and not 'owned' and those who are dependent on the government and others.

janice6
07-23-2012, 18:22
Nothing is about what "we think". It is all about what "he thinks".

That is why he can say this crap.

Lethaltxn
07-23-2012, 18:48
I've been down that road. My views haven't changed in the least. If anything I've become even a more firm believer in self-reliance.

Getting help and being owned are entirely two different concepts.

Bottom line is if you know you can walk away, even if you don't, you are not owned. If you don't understand that then you are owned.

This is important.
It's about freedom of choice. I hope I've made sense because this to me is one of the huge differences between those who are self-reliant and not 'owned' and those who are dependent on the government and others.

Not to a leftist.

rj1939
07-23-2012, 20:00
What is it, something like nine out of ten startup businesses fail...............shouldn't he take credit for them too?

Amazing how somebody who has never worked a "real" job is such an expert on the subject.

UtahIrishman
07-23-2012, 21:48
Not to a leftist.

It doesn't matter...left or right...no one can own you unless you let them.

He's talking spurious drivel, I'm stating a fact...it's about personal choice and personal freedom.

No one owns me and it will stay that way period. I don't know how I can be more emphatic about this.

Jerry
07-23-2012, 22:50
What is it, something like nine out of ten startup businesses fail...............shouldn't he take credit for them too?

That would be Bush's fault. :upeyes:

Amazing how somebody who has never worked a "real" job is such an expert on the subject.

Someone that has had everything handed to them believes anyone that has anything has to have gotten it the same way. Narcissism personified!

Lethaltxn
07-24-2012, 06:47
It doesn't matter...left or right...no one can own you unless you let them.

He's talking spurious drivel, I'm stating a fact...it's about personal choice and personal freedom.

No one owns me and it will stay that way period. I don't know how I can be more emphatic about this.

Left and right do come into play.
I don't think you'll hear many on the right stating that government is the reason you are where you are.
I get your point and I agree with it.
Mine was that, to a leftist, it's all the same. And we see that more and more as they reveal their true feelings.
And the media is right there to say, "Oh, Obama didn't really say that."

UtahIrishman
07-24-2012, 10:33
Left and right do come into play.
I don't think you'll hear many on the right stating that government is the reason you are where you are.
I get your point and I agree with it.
Mine was that, to a leftist, it's all the same. And we see that more and more as they reveal their true feelings.
And the media is right there to say, "Oh, Obama didn't really say that."

I agree with what you are saying. I misunderstood what you meant originally.

Lethaltxn
07-24-2012, 11:20
I agree with what you are saying. I misunderstood what you meant originally.

Not a problem. I think we're on the same page with this.

jeanderson
07-24-2012, 12:03

He can't run from the center again, so he's going hard left. He's trying to make the case that everyone should have equal outcomes. Regardless of how you behave, how hard you work, how smart you are and the risks you take, you deserve no more than the next person.

It's straight out of the Marxist play book. He is a Marxist. When he says he wants to "fundamentally transform America", I take him at his word.