GHB BOB Drug to Control Sleepiness and other Tactical Drugs [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : GHB BOB Drug to Control Sleepiness and other Tactical Drugs

dennis3dflyer
07-22-2012, 20:08
So if SHTF and you grab you GHB/BOB and will be forced to be awake for a long extended time or inconveinent time. Has anyone used or considered such stay awake drugs to help you with your mission???????

Do you keep some available?

What about pain drugs maybe left over to use for the long hump. Or some pain drugs that are also stimulating maybe Vicodin type meds?

What other GHB/BOB drugs do you recommend.

FYI I have seen some drugs mentioned in the news used by our pilots (approved and some forced to use ) during the gulf wars and other missions to stay awake and sharp.

Future Drug in development orexin-A http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=2513063

In use now Provigil and Nuvigil and Ritalin

http://www.medicinenet.com/modafinil/article.htm

Thanks, Dennis

John Rambo
07-22-2012, 20:19
The problems with those drugs is the crash afterwards. Adderral, for example, is perfect for that - you can stay up for DAYS on that stuff. But, once it wears off be ready for a crash that will almost totally incapacitate you for a very long time, could be an entire day or longer depending on how long you used for. Thats a problem in most cases unless you've got a base of some kind to get back to.

volsbear
07-22-2012, 20:33
A SHTF situation would place tremendous physical and emotional stress on your body. I'm not sure kicking your heart and brain when they're over-worked is a great idea. But maybe...

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

TactiCool
07-22-2012, 21:20
Try checking out nootropics. Vinpocetine is one of my favorites, and increases blood flow to certain parts of the brain. It comes from the Periwinkle plant and is not a pharmaceutical, which could have adverse side-effects.

It really helped me when taking standardized tests in high school. The only downside for me was that if I took it too frequently, I would get a throbbing headache (probably the increased blood flow). I don't take it anymore, because I don't need it. I can't even remember the last time I had a cup of coffee.

cowboy1964
07-22-2012, 21:41
Provigil works very well and doesn't lead to a "crash". Good luck getting a prescription though.

dennis3dflyer
07-22-2012, 22:17
Can you describe works very well. with Provigil

IE how long can stay awake ?

Downside ?

Why is it difficult to get Prescription?

Thanks, Dennis

Bolster
07-22-2012, 23:32
It comes from the Periwinkle plant and is not a pharmaceutical, which could have adverse side-effects.

Due to wording, not sure if you mean "natural = no side effects" or not, but if that is what you mean... "Natural" plants (like Ma Huang, for instance) can have horrible side effects--stopping your heart and killing you, for example. Just because someone sells you a plant in a pill doesn't mean it won't have adverse effects. The whole "natural plant" vs "pharma" is a false dichotomy. The wholistic healers love it though, and keep pushing the idea that
"natural plants" can do no harm. What a complete crock.

thesurefire
07-23-2012, 00:59
Check out kratom. As far as I'm aware its the only similarly binding plant to opioids, as far as brain chemicals go, available without a prescription.

Some people are allergic (not deadly that I'm aware of, but their stomach doesn't take it well and they may vomit) so try a very little bit at first. Also the taste is pretty horrible so you'd probably need to be in sever pain to use it, but I'm all about having options.

I ordered some from amazon the first time and the taste was so bad I tried a tiny bit and still have the rest. I then ordered from gokratom and the taste is substantially better. There are various different strains that have different tastes and effects. I haven't been able to find good comparisons. I tried the sample pack and used two different ones and they seemed identical.

I found my first experience to be very close to that of painkillers such as Vicodin. I felt relaxed and warm. I started with about 1 gram but found little if any effect till about 5 grams. 8 seemed to be a sweet spot. I'm 5 '11 and about 190.

edit: forgot to add, this stuff doesn't dissolve in water well.
Apparently it dissolves very well in vodka but I don't ever recommend mixing drugs. I mixed it with heated honey and it worked well.

I then tried another kind after a very hard day of work with a sore back and I'd rate it more effective than other OTC painkillers. It was sort of like the pain relief for a couple alieve along with a couple beer buzz of warmth and having everything seem sort of slower and less relevant.

Heres some info about some tests people ran, as well as how I first stumbled upon kratom:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1190545_This_is_a_great_legal_herb_to_have_in_your_SHTF_first_aid_kit_.html

nursetim
07-23-2012, 01:41
Can you describe works very well. with Provigil

IE how long can stay awake ?
As long as you need

Downside ?
Price, 30 100 mg tables run $900 w/o insurance , with insurance, depends, cappy, $450, not so crappy less than $450, substantially less.

Why is it difficult to get Prescription? $$$$$$$

Thanks, Dennis:wavey::rofl::embarassed:

TangoFoxtrot
07-23-2012, 03:36
Hmmm now I can understand. Some here need to be medicated.

FireForged
07-23-2012, 09:47
A SHTF situation would place tremendous physical and emotional stress on your body. I'm not sure kicking your heart and brain when they're over-worked is a great idea. But maybe...

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

plus +1

TactiCool
07-23-2012, 10:00
Due to wording, not sure if you mean "natural = no side effects" or not, but if that is what you mean... "Natural" plants (like Ma Huang, for instance) can have horrible side effects--stopping your heart and killing you, for example. Just because someone sells you a plant in a pill doesn't mean it won't have adverse effects. The whole "natural plant" vs "pharma" is a false dichotomy. The wholistic healers love it though, and keep pushing the idea that
"natural plants" can do no harm. What a complete crock.

To clarify, I was saying that pharmaceuticals could have adverse side-effects. Vinpocetine and other lab tested and verified nootropics will not have harmful or fatal side-effects.

pugman
07-24-2012, 04:49
Here is a crazy idea...instead of drugs get in shape

I've been training for a Tough Mudder since October; I'm in the best shape of my life today at 42.

My endurance is way better and my lower back problems are completely gone.

Does is prevent me from needing sleep--nope. However, my work, training and just everyday life cycle means I only get about 4-6 hours of sleep a night.

I've recently tested myself on a vacation; felt fine after 39 hours without sleep albeit I wasn't lugging a pack around but I did take a 10 mile walk

DoctaGlockta
07-24-2012, 07:47
GHB or Gamma hydroxybutyric acid is usually used to treat sleep disorders such as narcolepsy and excessive daytime sleepiness.

It is more commonly known as the 'date rape' drug.

Not sure you would want it in your kit but if you can get some it may prove helpful in certain situations.

Good luck.

kirgi08
07-24-2012, 08:25
Good luck pug,they are a witch.As ta jacking oneself up,when the body is already stressed is foolish.When a "shtf" type of scenario happens nutrients are what a body needs,not chems.'08.

eracer
07-24-2012, 08:37
GHB or Gamma hydroxybutyric acid is usually used to treat sleep disorders such as narcolepsy and excessive daytime sleepiness.

It is more commonly known as the 'date rape' drug.

Not sure you would want it in your kit but if you can get some it may prove helpful in certain situations.

Good luck.:rofl:

GHB = Get Home Bag

You're kind of right anyway. You would not take GHB to stay awake, although in the correct dose it can be a mild stimulant. Problem is, it only takes a slight increase in dosage to put the user into an unconscious state from which it is almost impossible to wake them.

And while plenty of innocent females have been violated by sickos who added GHB to their drink, waited until they passed out, then raped them, the 'Date Rape Drug' is more commonly a reference to Rohypnol - street name 'Roofies.' (Or, as Alan said in The Hangover, 'Rapies...or Floories...)

The 'advantage' (to be perverse) with Rohypnol is that the victims are awake and compliant, but remember nothing. More 'fun' for the sick rapist than banging an unconscious person.

DoctaGlockta
07-24-2012, 08:54
:rofl:

GHB = Get Home Bag

I couldn't help myself. A little play on acronyms was in order.

eracer
07-24-2012, 08:57
I couldn't help myself. A little play on acronyms was in order.Got me...:supergrin:

Bilbo Bagins
07-24-2012, 14:27
Wow...and I thought I was weird keeping 5 Hour Energy and freeze dried Coffee in my preps.

SHTF I will be fine in terms of not sleeping, I already get little sleep on an average day.

You don't want to junkie up to stay awake for long periods of time because you are going to have issue like hallunications, paranoia, catastrophic collapse, and death.

I can go 48 hours if I need to on my own with just a little caffine/vitamin B pick me up. Most of you can do the same. Trying to stay away beyond that is dangerous.

schild
07-24-2012, 20:46
I have some 5 Hour and several packs of caffeine gum in my GHB.

alexanderg23
07-24-2012, 21:01
I doubt I'd have trouble staying awake with zombies chasing me.

X2 on the exercise

auto-5
07-25-2012, 03:30
I wouldnt try to hike at night I would try to sleep.