Who has bought from Bud's gunshop or CDNN? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Who has bought from Bud's gunshop or CDNN?

wjv
07-23-2012, 16:02
How does it work?

lets say I see a gun for $300 with no shipping charges.

Does your local gun store add some % for markup/profit?

When you walk into a gun store and ask them to order a gun for you from Buds or CDNN do they give you grief about doing so?

:dunno:

I realize that they want/need to make a profit, so if they mark it up, what is a reasonable %?

Thanks

Angry Fist
07-23-2012, 16:08
I'm about to. Best deal I can find on a pink 10/22 for my daughter's upcoming 10th Bday.

elliotb33
07-23-2012, 16:08
Most likely just a FFL fee to transfer the gun to you, round here 15-25 bucks. I bought my Glock on gunbroker they sent it to my FFL and it cost 20 bucks to transfer it to me.

countrygun
07-23-2012, 16:14
My LGS indulges me on that and I have done it frequently. They will order for me and I usually check with them first to see if they have other orders going in but if I see a "must have now" item, I can call CDNN and put it on my card and my shop can then call them to confirm shipping to the shop.

I won't mention the minimal fee the shop used to charge me for using their services. Of course the State background fee still applies.

My shop figures it balances out when I go in and say "I want one of "XXX", here is my budget, can you make it happen?"

Also some of the wholesalers don't list their real "Dealer Price" so there may be a markup for the dealer in the deal anyway. (don't tell anyone i said that)

CBennett
07-23-2012, 16:17
How does it work?

When you walk into a gun store and ask them to order a gun for you from Buds or CDNN do they give you grief about doing so?

I realize that they want/need to make a profit, so if they mark it up, what is a reasonable %?

Thanks

nope as long as they dont mind doing the FFL you get the gun for $300+ what ever they charge for the FFL fee/paperwork and thats it.

I will say though some places just wont do the FFL stuff on a item they also carry just because you can get it less through Buds..so make sure that who ever you use will do it first.

My local shop would NOT do a deal from buds on one of those M&P .22 rimfire M4 looking guns because they carried the same thing but theirs was almost $50 more..

But they DID do a AK 74 as they dint have a single AK in the store they only charged $20 for the FFL/paperwork for that.

Angry Fist
07-23-2012, 16:22
I have cruised GunsAmerica, and found my Glock and S12 there. Instead of doing an internet order, I just called the seller's shop, and they ship it right out to my local pawn star. Perfect.

dnuggett
07-23-2012, 16:28
Bought from both before. No hassles at all just give them an FFL. I use a local guy, not a gun shop.

GRIMLET
07-23-2012, 16:29
I used CDNN. Good folks and I would use them again.

gocubs6
07-23-2012, 16:43
I bought a Sig 228 CPO from Buds a couple months ago. Great price. I simply ordered it online, paid w/ my credit card (I don't buy anything like that w/ anything else), entered my FFL dealer, and received it in 3 days. I paid the $25 at the FFL to transfer the firearm w/ BC and that was that.

I was happy with my service.

motorcyclist
07-23-2012, 17:16
Bought a CZ from Bud's. Easy as could be. A LGS with $20 transfers was already listed with them (FFL on record). I called Bud's and ordered, called the LGS to let them know and they called back 3 days later. $20 and out the door (free State, no waiting period).

GLOCK17DB9
07-23-2012, 17:21
I bought Trijicon night sights and had no problem but I would assume that you will need tp pay some sort of FFL handling fee at your LGS unless your tight with them and they wave the fee. Good Luck. One note on Bud's that I didn't like is that they quote you a price online then when you go to pay for it they hit you for an increased price for credit, you only get the quoted price for cash. Reminds me of the gas stations and I always avoid any gas station that has two different prices, one for cash and one for credit.:dunno:

07-23-2012, 17:22
How does it work?

Thanks

1. Find an FFL who'll do a transfer - for me I've had good dealings with pawn shops.

2. Pay for the weapon including shipping.

3. Have FFL send copy of license.

4. Wait for FFL to call with good news

5. Drive to FFL.

6. Inspect weapon before filling out any paperwork. If no issues found do paperwork and pay transfer fee.

7. Be happy!:cool:

You pay for weapon + shipping and transfer fees and thats it. No mark up.

It's been my experience that if an LGS does a special order, they mark it up - at least cost + 10%.

I've had a few gun shops go absolutely ape poop for simply asking about transfers. I had one tell me that he charges $50 for a transfer, $100 if it's a firearm he can get. Whatever. That's why I use pawnshops. I pay $16.02.

Edit: CDNN and Bud's are great!!!

glockin-45
07-23-2012, 17:25
Bought a CZ from Bud's. Easy as could be. A LGS with $20 transfers was already listed with them (FFL on record). I called Bud's and ordered, called the LGS to let them know and they called back 3 days later. $20 and out the door (free State, no waiting period).
+1 Buds was great, my shop was on their FFL list. I bought it from Buds, stopped by the shop and told them
it was coming, no problem. I expected to pay around 20 dollars, and was shocked when they said they were charging me 10 dollar transfer fee. NO tax, no shipping.:cool:

Gregoire G
07-23-2012, 17:25
I had a similar experience with Bud's that the other folks had. I bought an AR and used a local dealer that, in my case, was not listed with them as a preferred dealer but had no issues using them. I paid no shipping charge and only paid the $30 fee my dealer charges. I have a TX CHL so no NICS check.

NeverMore1701
07-23-2012, 17:26
I'm about to. Best deal I can find on a pink 10/22 for my upcoming Bday.

:thumbsup:

Cdoggsizzle
07-23-2012, 17:27
When you buy from Bud's, they show a list of preferred FFL dealers. You find one close to yourself and have it shipped there. It may be worth the time to call around to the LGSs you see on the list from Bud's, around me prices for transfer can be all over the board.

jr05
07-23-2012, 17:30
I have bought one gun from CDNN and had a great experience. The initial gun I got had some extractor issues, so I contacted them and they took the gun back and sent me a new one, no questions asked. The second gun has worked flawlessly.

I would not hesitate to buy from them again.

I have not bought anything from Bud's so I can't comment on them. I am sure plenty of others will.

stopatrain
07-23-2012, 17:33
Buds has been good for me.

vafish
07-23-2012, 18:30
Don't forget Summit Gun Broker too.

glock2740
07-23-2012, 18:38
I've bought several guns from Buds. Very good transactions.

1911austin
07-23-2012, 19:04
I have been happy with CDNN. No experiance with Buds.

Beanie-Bean
07-23-2012, 20:08
+1 for Bud's. FFL transfer was $15. Like the others stated, their prices reflect the cash price. It's 3% more for a credit card, which (for me) is still less than sales tax.

It is a great feeling to finally get the call "your ___ is ready for pickup now..."

Louisville Glocker
07-23-2012, 20:32
Others have already said how it works. I bought a gun from Buds recently. They're like 70 miles from me, so it is cheaper to pay my local FFL the twenty bucks than to buy the gas (well, not quite, but my time is worth something too).

You pay and order from buds directly. Your local FFL merely processes the paperwork and hands you the gun. They set their fee so it is worth their time. I think twenty bucks is reasonable (a good deal for them, because with a CCDW license they don't even have to make a phone call, so they're make a quick twenty).

Buds shipped mine out two days after I ordered.

paragon1
07-23-2012, 20:38
You can go to the FFL search in your area on the Bud's website. Click on the preferred FFL's and they will usually tell you how much the transfer fee is.

Sales tax is a State issue, so you may or may not get charged a sales tax.

What is your Zip code?

whoflungdo
07-23-2012, 20:46
How does it work?

Thanks

Most don't markup around here but they do charge a flat rate for the transfer like $ 25.00..

I have bought enough guns from mine that he didn't charge me for the two I bought on line...

atakawow
07-23-2012, 23:28
Your profile says you are from "PNW." Any chance that is WA state? If so, you will have to pay for more than what people are suggesting.

Example:

- You buy a gun from Bud's for $300.

- Bud's ships the gun to your preferred FFL.

- Your FFL charges, say, $30 for a transfer + tax.

- Your FFL WILL also charge you a state tax of the purchased price of the gun. It is around 10% if I remember correctly. So about an additional $30.

- Your final cost of a $300.00 gun purchased from Bud's would be around $360.00.

fnfalman
07-23-2012, 23:46
I bought a P225 from CDNN probably close to a decade ago. It was advertised as good to very good. It came as excellent. I paid for the whole shebang and the local gun shop received it, did the paperwork and collected 25-smackaroos for transfer fee.

March817
07-24-2012, 02:32
I've bought from both. Bud's seems easier as you can do it all online. I would just register with Bud's and use their FFL finder to locate a "preferred FFL" nearby. Their preferred FFL's automatically accept shipments from Bud's, but you can use the listed contact information to get in touch with the FFL before you order if you have any questions about fees and taxes etc. Bud's price includes shipping but not a 3% charge for credit cards or an optional 1%+- for no hassle shipping insurance.

Inspect your firearm before you complete the transfer. If something is wrong Bud's will take it back and refund your payment provided you did not complete the transfer (theoretically, but I've never had a problem with them).

carloglock19
07-24-2012, 06:52
I have 7 purchases from Buds with no problems at all. They make it really easy for you. The only thing I don't like is their cash discount versus credit card price. But I always pay with check.

MarcDW
07-24-2012, 07:46
I get almost every week a gun for my customers form Bud's or CDNN.
I charge a $25 fee which is sometimes more then you have on a gun.
Often I up sell then the customer magazines, ammo and/or even parts for the weapon.

Angry Fist
07-24-2012, 16:39
I get almost every week a gun for my customers form Bud's or CDNN.
I charge a $25 fee which is sometimes more then you have on a gun.
Often I up sell then the customer magazines, ammo and/or even parts for the weapon.
That beats the crap out of "Here ya go, don't shoot your eye out, get lost. NEXT!"

RYNOCG201
07-24-2012, 16:44
I have used buds in the past with no problems, shipping was fast and I just had to pay the FFL fee at my lgs (25$).

RYNOC

motorcyclist
07-24-2012, 17:04
Your profile says you are from "PNW." Any chance that is WA state? If so, you will have to pay for more than what people are suggesting.

- Your FFL WILL also charge you a state tax of the purchased price of the gun. It is around 10% if I remember correctly. So about an additional $30.

That sucks! S.C. has no sales tax on out of State purchases.

MarcDW
07-24-2012, 17:56
SALES TAX: That is how it works in Maine. Other states may be similar or completely different!

Again, in MAINE the sales tax has to be paid by the buyer when s/he files her/his income tax.
S/He has to collect all out of state receipts and add them up and pay the 5% sales tax we have in Maine with the income tax.
When a customer buys a firearm out of state, it is his/her property by the time it reaches me.
I have NO RIGHT TO COLLECT SALES TAX from this customer since I only deal with the requirements of a transfer of a firearm.
Again, I did not pay the gun, so how would I collect sales tax on it??
My $25 transfer fee is a fee the same as labor which is not subject to sales tax either.
It is also against ATF regulation to let anyone view my firearms records for any reason, other then of course the ATF.
The F4473 as well as my firearms sales records are property of the ATF and they require a federal court order to give up a copy of them to anyone else then of course the ATF itself.

The_Gun_Guru
07-24-2012, 18:33
Who has bought from Bud's gunshop or CDNN?

I have....from both!!!

So much so that I should probably own stock in each company!:rofl:

BOTH are top notch - easy to deal with and very friendly. NEVER an issue with either company. I like Bud's better because they offer the GE Capital financing option. I don't use it often but if I need to, it's there, like when they had the police trade-in Ruger Mini-14 GB models from the Nebraska State Patrol for $499:wow: GOTTA DO IT!!!!!!

OP.....they are both AWESOME! GO FOR IT!

TGG