Mag Capacity Restrictions on the Near Horizon? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Mag Capacity Restrictions on the Near Horizon?

DaBurna
07-23-2012, 22:11
In light of the recent gun tragedy mass shooting tragedies that have happened, do you see a resurgence of support for a new AWB?
Unfortunately my College Town, Tuscaloosa, Alabama has been affected as well!:crying::crying::faint:

DonD
07-23-2012, 22:17
The usual cast of buffoons and shills i.e., Diane Slimestain, Yucky Chuckie Shumer, Caroline McCarthy et all will again beat the drums for another round of useless sanctions/restrictions that affect only the law abiding. Criminals will continue to get plea bargains or dismissals because the courts are too crowded with other low lifes.

Gun control doesn't work. The liberals hide under screams of privacy so they don't catch the mentally disturbed like Loughner and what was his name, Choi at VA Tech. THEY should have been prevented from a legal buy but heavens knows, we the public have no right to know they're disturbed, right? :upeyes:

Don't think Congress has any stomach for more anti gun operations. Don

paulbow
07-23-2012, 22:18
I'd say the left will likely make a push for it after the coming election.

NEOH212
07-24-2012, 01:25

I agree. They won't touch gun control until after the election. It would be political suicide if they did otherwise.

However, be prepared!

pugman
07-24-2012, 05:39

Not to hijack but you are predicting an Obama win? I unfortunately am.

As for Mag Capacity restrictions they will make a push and it will have no effect on crime

Steff1
07-24-2012, 06:06
^ NO, not another 4 years !
Remember their mantra "never let a good crisis go to waste" The libs will push for a ban
an make it extremely difficult for the conservatives to vote no. They'll be pushed in to the proverbial corner and have to vote for a ban or look unsympathetic to the victims.

Just my prediction...

panzer1
07-24-2012, 06:39
I'd say the left will likely make a push for it after the coming election.They don't need to the UN will do that & more. Thanks Obama!

paulbow
07-24-2012, 06:41
Not to hijack but you are predicting an Obama win? I unfortunately am.

No. Neither side is ecstatic about their candidate so it will come down to whatever issue is hot at the time. Obama has alienated a lot of voters and I'm hoping he keeps it up.

As far as the gun issue goes, it doesn't really matter who wins.

panzer1
07-24-2012, 06:42
^ NO, not another 4 years !
Remember their mantra "never let a good crisis go to waste" The libs will push for a ban
an make it extremely difficult for the conservatives to vote no. They'll be pushed in to the proverbial corner and have to vote for a ban or look unsympathetic to the victims.

Just my prediction...I say a ban on Batman.:rofl:

ashecht
07-24-2012, 06:51
I never understood the whole mag capacity thing. It takes under a second to drop a mag and slam home a new one. Criminals will just carry more mags

dnuggett
07-24-2012, 07:28
In light of the recent gun tragedy mass shooting tragedies that have happened, do you see a resurgence of support for a new AWB?
Unfortunately my College Town, Tuscaloosa, Alabama has been affected as well!:crying::crying::faint:

Have you written and called your local and state government and told them your position? Congressmen? Senators? If not- Go. Now. :cool:

MarcDW
07-24-2012, 07:37
I think Mr. Obama will say not a word about gun control until the 2nd week of November.
I wish he would, because this would swing the last voters away form him, but he knows better.
No matter what the outcome of the election, he will slam one executive order after the next after the election.

wjv
07-24-2012, 10:13
And internet ammo sales. . . .

As far as the gun issue goes, it doesn't really matter who wins.

Bull****. . . .

paulbow
07-24-2012, 11:42
And internet ammo sales. . . .

Bull****. . . .

Mitt isn't exactly pro gun...

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

wjv
07-24-2012, 11:47
Mitt isn't exactly pro gun...

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

But he will have the entire republican organization influencing his decisions. . . pro gun groups will actually have access to him.

Obama has Sarah Brady and Pelosi. . .

failsafe
07-24-2012, 11:54
Hum, 100 rd drum mag = jam...Why ban them ?

cowboy1964
07-24-2012, 12:58
There is no appetite for new restrictions, at least on the national level. Which is absolutely amazing considering who is running things.

oldguynewglock
07-24-2012, 13:00
But he will have the entire republican organization influencing his decisions. . . pro gun groups will actually have access to him.

Obama has Sarah Brady and Pelosi. . .

Mitt signed the assault weapons ban in Mass. There are a lot of Dems and Indepentant voters that have guns. I would bet money in Vegas that no matter who wins not much will change gun control wise. Gun control right now is a losing issue.

concretefuzzynuts
07-24-2012, 13:17
If they impose a ban on mag capacity, I'll switch to belt feed.

NDCent
07-24-2012, 13:27
It will be slipped in with the ban on sweetened drinks above 16.oz.

eracer
07-24-2012, 13:30
I never understood the whole mag capacity thing. It takes under a second to drop a mag and slam home a new one. Criminals will just carry more magsBesides that, isn't a 20-round P-mag a lot more reliable than a 100-round drum mag?

cowboywannabe
07-24-2012, 14:09
once obama has his second term it will be hell for gun owners.

MajorD
07-24-2012, 18:54
some places (like here in NY) we already have a mag limit (10 rounds for current production magazines) If Obama does get re-elected (lets all pray he doesn't) he will be ramming gun control down the country's throat by every means possible.

SpectreRider
07-24-2012, 18:56
NO WAY WILL THEY PASS A NEW RESTRICTION ON MAGAZINE CAPACITY IN A SECOND TERM.... I say as I place another order for PMAGS.

MajorD
07-24-2012, 18:58
with a ton of experience with a revolver, I can keep a mean rate of fire up with one ( In the neighborhood of over 30 aimed rounds per minute) so banning semis or limiting mags may not provide the answer the antis are looking for until they ban everything.

MarcDW
07-24-2012, 18:59
I sold today 110 PMags!!!
My distributor is running low, this morning he had 268.000 in the different colors.
Now they are down to around 40k!

WoodenPlank
07-24-2012, 19:19
I think Mr. Obama will say not a word about gun control until the 2nd week of November.
I wish he would, because this would swing the last voters away form him, but he knows better.
No matter what the outcome of the election, he will slam one executive order after the next after the election.

How, exactly, is an executive order going to ban guns?

once obama has his second term it will be hell for gun owners.

Obama can't sign a gun ban that the House and Senate don't pass to begin with. Both know that any gun control legislation is anathema at this point in time, even after mass shootings.

MarcDW
07-24-2012, 19:28
How, exactly, is an executive order going to ban guns?...

He could sign a "transport safety direction".
No more transportation of "explosives (ammo) and weapons" though regular shippers.

Or an arsenal prohibition: No more then 100 rounds per house for fire fighter safety.
You can see in every better movie how a handful of rounds blow up a city block!

After all we are not talking about rational or reasonable!

WoodenPlank
07-24-2012, 19:31
No more transportation of "explosives (ammo) and weapons" though regular shippers.

Or an arsenal prohibition: No more then 100 rounds per house for fire fighter safety.

I'm pretty sure both of those would be WELL outside the scope of an EO, and wouldn't fly for long.

GlockFish
07-24-2012, 19:35

I'm pretty sure both of those would be WELL outside the scope of an EO, and wouldn't fly for long.

Yep.

The Supreme Court would strike it down.

:whistling:

MarcDW
07-24-2012, 19:38
...outside the scope of an EO, and wouldn't fly for long.

I don't think Mr. Obama would get hung up over little technicalities like that.
And who would have thought 4 weeks ago that the supreme court would confirm that it's legal for the federal government to force a citizen to buy a product.

... The Supreme Court would strike it down...
A few weeks ago I would have agreed with you.
Not any more!