Combat Pawn [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Combat Pawn

Bodyarmorguy
07-23-2012, 22:44
Did anyone else catch this abortion of a reality show Sunday night? These guys run a gun shop in the Fayetteville, NC area. They were standing guard in front of the store with AR's, AK's, etc. while they unlocked the doors in the morning???

Some moron comes into the shop wanting to sell a Colt Diamondback .22lr that was incorrectly marked .22 magnum at the factory. He said that Colt had offered to buy the gun for $30k and that this was the least amount of money that he would accept. The owner offers him "$17,500 cash, right now, on the spot." The seller declines.

Now, I am not a genius, but there is a mismarked Diamondback on gunbroker right now for $5k....seller is in Fayetteville.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=298004087#PIC

What are the odds that two of those are in Fayetteville? It was some of the most horrible acting ever displayed on a "reality show."

elliotb33
07-23-2012, 22:51
Yea I've watched the first 2 will not be watching a 3rd. Moss Pawn on YouTube should have a show over those tards.

ronin.45
07-23-2012, 23:27
It's bad!

The drama between employees appears to be completely fabricated. The customer interactions are laughable.

On a side note, unless that shoot house was multi-story, they don't know how to shoot either.

bac1023
07-23-2012, 23:45
It's amazing how many pawn shows there are these days.

oldsoldier
07-24-2012, 17:38
I watched about 5 minutes of it. I won't bother to watch it again.

TxGun
07-24-2012, 17:46
Never expect too much from a 'reality' show. 'Reality' is going to be boring to watch unless they artificially crank up the drama.

WoodenPlank
07-24-2012, 19:29
It's bad!

The drama between employees appears to be completely fabricated. The customer interactions are laughable.

On a side note, unless that shoot house was multi-story, they don't know how to shoot either.

Trust me, it's VERY faked...

Never expect too much from a 'reality' show. 'Reality' is going to be boring to watch unless they artificially crank up the drama.

Exactly. Although it does make anyone involved with these shows look like complete idiots.

wk9k
07-25-2012, 12:42
Did anyone else catch this abortion of a reality show Sunday night? These guys run a gun shop in the Fayetteville, NC area. They were standing guard in front of the store with AR's, AK's, etc. while they unlocked the doors in the morning???

Some moron comes into the shop wanting to sell a Colt Diamondback .22lr that was incorrectly marked .22 magnum at the factory. He said that Colt had offered to buy the gun for $30k and that this was the least amount of money that he would accept. The owner offers him "$17,500 cash, right now, on the spot." The seller declines.

Now, I am not a genius, but there is a mismarked Diamondback on gunbroker right now for $5k....seller is in Fayetteville.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=298004087#PIC

What are the odds that two of those are in Fayetteville? It was some of the most horrible acting ever displayed on a "reality show."

You do realize this show is fake right. I mean the gun store is a real shop. They act all this **** out. And the guy that came in to sell that colt diamondback is not a moron...:upeyes:

My friend and a few of his buddies were on lizard lick towing..he said it was all fake..well some of the stories they act out are somewhat true but the majority of it is just for entertainment.

So in the end you do realize this show is just for entertainment right? Its the tv show directors that tell these people what to do.

ZO6Vettever
07-25-2012, 12:50
I can't believe the prices they get on "American Guns". I only watch to see Paige!

NIB
07-25-2012, 12:55
Oh Lord please when I google combat pawn, don't let it be Jim's Gun Robbery because I will eat this keyboard and smash my monitor.

WoodenPlank
07-25-2012, 15:50
Oh Lord please when I google combat pawn, don't let it be Jim's Gun Robbery because I will eat this keyboard and smash my monitor.

It's Guns Plus in Spring Lake.

Spiffums
07-26-2012, 04:05
I miss the old days when people went on Jerry Springer to be a complete and totally useless tool.

MarcDW
07-26-2012, 05:21
Not a fan of "Reality Shows" and even less a fan of pawn shops.

Travclem
07-26-2012, 11:42
Everything on TRU tv is a joke.

01coltcolt
07-26-2012, 17:46
Ive know Marvin, Barnard, and Chris (the owner) since 2004 Nice guys. Nice shop too. Ive watched a couple of episodes. Im not sure what to think. Its interesting to me cause I know them. Fayettnam does bring out some interesting characters out.

wk9k
07-27-2012, 00:44
They are nice people. Got some pretty cool different stuff. but they are a little overpriced.

boomhower
07-27-2012, 12:50
This is worst than most reality shows. I've never been there and certainly have no plans now even though it's not far from me.