Bill O'Reilly says you can buy a "machine gun"... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Bill O'Reilly says you can buy a "machine gun"...

cowboy1964
07-23-2012, 23:04
... and the feds won't get a "heads up". And an AK-47 is a "heavy weapon" on the same scale as a "bazooka".

What a buffoon.

Bodyarmorguy
07-23-2012, 23:17
Yeah, I caught that too. As much as I like O'Reilly at the end of the day he is just another TV host.

samurairabbi
07-23-2012, 23:48
The odd aspect to his statement: you CAN buy a machine gun in the US, if the weapon was registered before 1986. And to do it LEGALLY does give the Feds a heads-up.

marchboom
07-24-2012, 00:04
Tonight's "Talking Points" were filled with B.S. Who does his research for him? Fire that person. And he gets pissed off when other reporters don't get the info right.

Come on Bill, get it together. You're losing your credibility.

I think he will get a few emails from people more "in the know".

countrygun
07-24-2012, 00:39
I saw it. My wife gave me a "premium" membership on his site for Xmas. I have never even looked at it. I think I'll message them and tell him to stuff it.

i saw that drool coming out of his mouth and decided I've had it with the idiot.

beforeobamabans
07-24-2012, 01:47

You've got to keep in mind that O'Reilly is a "Rockefeller Republican" from Long Island. He wouldn't know a wheel gun from a pocket knife. He comes from what everyone here would call a "RINO" tradition, i.e., the "moderate" wing of the GOP. He never has been a conservative even though the MSM likes to paint him as such.

71Commander
07-24-2012, 05:36
O'Reilly is just another clueless NE republican, which, IMHO, is more liberal than a SE democrat.

Kingarthurhk
07-24-2012, 05:39
Yeah, I caught that too. As much as I like O'Reilly at the end of the day he is just another TV host.

And he works in NY, NY in the world of Bloomberg. You can see why they would all be confused there.

alwaysshootin
07-24-2012, 05:42
The funniest thing about that segment, was O'Reily bashing Bill Moyers, and then making his statements about machineguns!:rofl:

Maybe both Bills, should have their pictures taken together, and be the poster boys, for, intelligent people that don't know shinola about gun laws. Bill O, really lost some credibility last night. Hopefully he gets inundated with mail telling him of his blunder, and retracts tonight.:upeyes:

Kingarthurhk
07-24-2012, 05:45
The funniest thing about that segment, was O'Reily bashing Bill Moyers, and then making his statements about machineguns!:rofl:

Maybe both Bills, should have their pictures taken together, and be the poster boys, for, intelligent people that don't know shinola about gun laws. Bill O, really lost some credibility last night. Hopefully he gets inundated with mail telling him of his blunder, and retracts tonight.:upeyes:

He'll probably tell them to stop bloviating....:supergrin:

callihan_44
07-24-2012, 06:02
the ignorance of the law and guns in general in the media is astounding. Luckily our local news did an interview with a local gun dealer who set the record straight, he definately knew his stuff and actually showed the difference between a semi auto huntng rifle and an ar-15.

panzer1
07-24-2012, 06:22
Yeah, I caught that too. As much as I like O'Reilly at the end of the day he is just another TV host.I & my wife was thinking of E-mailing him nicely to wake him up on the facts. Maybe we all should could end up on talking points?

panzer1
07-24-2012, 06:27

Maybe both Bills, should have their pictures taken together, and be the poster boys, for, intelligent people that don't know shinola about gun laws. Bill O, really lost some credibility last night. Hopefully he gets inundated with mail telling him of his blunder, and retracts tonight.:upeyes:I bet he will?

eracer
07-24-2012, 06:28
Tucker Carlson said that when he met Bloomberg, he picked him up, "...because that's what you do to little people. It was funny - him with his little legs kicking around, and me laughing at him."

Bill O, Bill-O, Bill-O....whatever are we to do...

DOC44
07-24-2012, 06:35
Was watching Bill when he showed the world his complete "heavy" ignorance. The wife said, "Stop yelling at the TV and send him an email." Told her I was sure his mail box was already full and he would never mention this again on spin-o-bama.

Doc44

HexHead
07-24-2012, 06:37
Bill is a product of his environment. He also said on his show that he thought the post-Katrina gun grab was necessary and needed to be done. He obviously was in support of it.
All of the Fox News people are anti-gun, they've all been living in NYC or its environs to long. Listen to Megan Kelly or Shepard Smith sometime.

Skyhook
07-24-2012, 06:41
Tonight's "Talking Points" were filled with B.S. Who does his research for him? Fire that person. And he gets pissed off when other reporters don't get the info right.

I think he will get a few emails from people more "in the know".

Spot on.

Bill has been slipping and I think he's about ready to fade out into that big Long Island in the sky.

Pity, that, for he was at one time a real stand-tall sort with his ducks all in a row.
This 'machine gun' BS is proof positive he has lost a big chunk of cerebral stuff somewhere.

He'll be hard to replace and the Old Bill will be missed.

The Machinist
07-24-2012, 06:51
I wonder if he thinks a barrel shroud is "the shoulder thing that goes up".

barbedwiresmile
07-24-2012, 06:52
It's amusing that modern 'conservatives' spend their time listening to folks like O'Reilly and Krauthammer. Amusing, though not all together surprising.

Glock Man_G19
07-24-2012, 06:54
After I saw this Live a couple of years ago I've never watched this man again.

O'Reilly on why it was okay for the government to take guns away from law abiding citizens:

Oath Keepers founder on Bill O'Reilly - YouTube

PettyOfficer
07-24-2012, 07:02
It's amusing that modern 'conservatives' spend their time listening to folks like O'Reilly and Krauthammer. Amusing, though not all together surprising.

Concur:

Who's more stupid? Bill O'reilly who runs his mouth every day for years without ever checking his facts, or the people who watch his show and buy everything he says until it contradicts them directly (and then 99% will resume watching and agreeing with him)

:sheeple:

maxsnafu
07-24-2012, 07:17
It is very charitable for everyone to think that O'Reilly is stupid or ill-informed but has anyone given any thought to the notion that just maybe O'Reilly is simply a liar? I wouldn't put it past him.

Vic777
07-24-2012, 07:23
What a buffoon.
I'm a card carrying Conservative. I don't like Reilly, I think he's evil.

barbedwiresmile
07-24-2012, 07:30
It is very charitable for everyone to think that O'Reilly is stupid or ill-informed but has anyone given any thought to the notion that just maybe O'Reilly is simply a liar? I wouldn't put it past him.

A paid liar. In the same manner that William F Buckley was a paid liar...

countsk
07-24-2012, 07:34
I quit watching him a few years back. Concur with most above on him being out of touch with the "folks".

John Rambo
07-24-2012, 07:34
Dude...its Bill O'Riley. What do you expect? That guys as much of trash as Limbaugh.

alwaysshootin
07-24-2012, 07:38
He'll probably tell them to stop bloviating....:supergrin:

He wore out "bloviating" last light. Believe I heard it twice from him, and once from the libtard Juan. That is slightly recrementitious, don't you think? :whistling:

Vic777
07-24-2012, 08:24
Dude...its Bill O'Riley. What do you expect? That guys as much of trash as Limbaugh.
No, not at all. Limbaugh is a fundamentally honest guy. O'Reilly is a liar.

JFrame
07-24-2012, 08:46
For a man who seems to pride himself on the accuracy of his English usage, I'm appalled that he can't seem to distinguish a "machine gun" from a "semiautomatic rifle." :upeyes:

maxsnafu
07-24-2012, 08:52
For a man who seems to pride himself on the accuracy of his English usage, I'm appalled that he can't seem to distinguish a "machine gun" from a "semiautomatic rifle." :upeyes:

He knows the difference. He's just a liar.

JFrame
07-24-2012, 08:56
He knows the difference. He's just a liar.

Quite possible -- it would boggle the imagination to think that he hasn't been exposed to that distinction before, and just willfully chooses to ignore it.

Bill does say a lot of things right -- but he's just one man, and his opinions fly all over the radar.

daydreamer
07-24-2012, 09:16
Dear Mr. O'Reilly - please tell me where terrorists are buying their bazookas when they come over here. I want one too. Geeez...morons. :brickwall:

ColdSteelNail
07-24-2012, 09:17
Bill's report met or exceeded the standards of accuracy for Fox.

Glockdude1
07-24-2012, 09:19
What is it about the word "Bazooka" and the gun grabbers?

:dunno:

Bring_it!
07-24-2012, 09:30
... and the feds won't get a "heads up". And an AK-47 is a "heavy weapon" on the same scale as a "bazooka".

What a buffoon.

He is a total pompous idiot. I started to watch simply to see what side of the fence he would be on. Although he wanted to give the impressions of his being a 2nd amendment supporter, his statements clearly put him on the big brother side of things

I was fuming at his total inaccuracies about what has to be reported to the Fed's currently and what he suggests being added to that list (internet ammo purchases, and bazooka's (WTF?)).

I couldn't stomach the segament and changed channels.:steamed:

Did he follow up with pimping his no spin crap?:whistling:

JFrame
07-24-2012, 09:32

Which, I would venture to imagine, still surpasses the accuracy of other opinion shows like Chris Matthews, Rachel Maddow, Bill Moyers, Christiane Amanpour, Andrea Mitchell, Martin Bashir...

jeanderson
07-24-2012, 10:38
As with most people who never picked up a gun, he thinks "assault rifle", AK-47 and machine gun are all the same thing. If it's anything other than a muzzle loader, it's a mass killing machine.

I have gotten a little tired of Bill. Deep down, I think he's a conservative, but tries not to show it too much. He's most interested in keeping his ratings up, which he does by always tyring to play it right down the middle.

eracer
07-24-2012, 10:40
He wore out "bloviating" last light. Believe I heard it twice from him, and once from the libtard Juan. That is slightly recrementitious, don't you think? :whistling:It's rare for me to see a word I don't know the definition of.

You got me with 'Recrementitious.'

Rec`re`men`ti´tious (~t?sh´?s). a. 1. Of or pertaining to recrement; consisting of recrement.

I still don't know what it means...

JFrame
07-24-2012, 10:43
I have gotten a little tired of Bill. Deep down, I think he's a conservative, but tries not to show it too much. He's most interested in keeping his ratings up, which he does by always tyring to play it right down the middle.

I tend to agree with this assessment. Bill always says that he has to try and keep his analysis "down the middle," so as to provide him credibility to all sides. But I don't doubt that ratings play into this calculated role.

BLACKMAGICK
07-24-2012, 12:05
It's rare for me to see a word I don't know the definition of.

You got me with 'Recrementitious.'

Rec`re`men`ti´tious (~t?sh´?s). a. 1. Of or pertaining to recrement; consisting of recrement.

I still don't know what it means...

In that situation...turn to the base word...

recrement [ˈrɛkrɪmənt]
n 1. (Life Sciences & Allied Applications / Physiology) Physiol any substance, such as bile, that is secreted from a part of the body and later reabsorbed instead of being excreted

2. waste matter; refuse; dross [via Old French from Latin recrēmentum slag, filth, from re- + cernere to sift]
recremental adj

countrygun
07-24-2012, 12:26
I could at least have a little respect for him if he had been honest about questioning the "need" for AKs (he would have been wrong of course, but at least honest)

His "bazookas and machine guns", deliberate lie, makes a big difference to me. I can respect a difference of opinion, I can't respect a liar.

Texas357
07-24-2012, 13:07
Maybe he meant
http://www.infobarrel.com/media/image/56.jpg

FFR Spyder GT
07-24-2012, 13:14

I didn't know anyone at FoxNoise had any credibility.

Wasn't a bunch of Murduck's people arrest for illegal acts?

JFrame
07-24-2012, 13:16
I didn't know anyone at FoxNoise had any credibility.

Wasn't a bunch of Murduck's people arrest for illegal acts?

I think they have yet to terminate anyone for creating false news reports, unlike CBS, NBC, and the NY Times.

douggmc
07-24-2012, 13:19

LMAO ... Spot on.

countrygun
07-24-2012, 13:26
I think they have yet to terminate anyone for creating false news reports, unlike CBS, NBC, and the NY Times.

amazing that the Kool-aid drinkers still think that those sources are credible and FOX isn't.

Of course they probably have a centerfold of Dan Rather over their beds.

:whistling:

JFrame
07-24-2012, 13:29
amazing that the Kool-aid drinkers still think that those sources are credible and FOX isn't.

Of course they probably have a centerfold of Dan Rather over their beds.

:whistling:

:rofl:

...More likely a poster of Chris Matthews mooning over his (sort of)man-crush, Obama... :supergrin:

jeanderson
07-24-2012, 13:38

...More likely a poster of Chris Matthews mooning over his (sort of)man-crush, Obama... :supergrin:

http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg614/photobug410/matthews.jpg

cowboywannabe
07-24-2012, 13:59
O'Riely gets some things right, but when it comes to the right of gun ownership he is quite the baffoon.

Lethaltxn
07-24-2012, 14:55

No kidding. It's hysterical to see these folks flip out over fox news but somehow, nbc and alike COMPLETELY fabricating a story gets a pass.
The logic of the left. :headscratch:

countrygun
07-24-2012, 15:20
No kidding. It's hysterical to see these folks flip out over fox news but somehow, nbc and alike COMPLETELY fabricating a story gets a pass.
The logic of the left. :headscratch:

The left isn't about "logic" or "facts", they are all about "feelings" and "wants".

It doesn't matter if CBS lies to them, they are telling the lefties what they feel they want to hear. As long as the story jives with their beliefs it has more value to lefties than the truth. Lefty mouthpieces have blatantly lied and denied the truth on the grounds that truth doesn't match their beliefs.

G29Reload
07-24-2012, 19:39
I saw the clip. He was on the Stupid for nearly a minute straight. Everything out of his mouth was a lie, for like 3-5 statements in a row, raw hysterics.

Calm the F down.

AKs arent heavy weapons

YOu can' t just buy a machine gun…easily anyway

AR's are not machine guns

You cannot buy a bazooka.

Hopefully the letters that come in will straighten him out

It was record stupid. Never seen him that wrong before.

TheJ
07-24-2012, 19:48
I think O'rielly is a pompus jerk. Yes I watch him sometimes and think he is right on some stuff sometimes... but he's smug arrogance under the guise of "I'm just looking out for the folks" routine is quite annoying.

I throw up a little in my mouth listening to his stupid on this... "you can buy a machine gun blah blah blah"

And this isn't the first time he has been wrong about gun issues.

countrygun
07-24-2012, 20:18
I saw the clip. He was on the Stupid for nearly a minute straight. Everything out of his mouth was a lie, for like 3-5 statements in a row, raw hysterics.

Calm the F down.

AKs arent heavy weapons

YOu can' t just buy a machine gun…easily anyway

AR's are not machine guns

You cannot buy a bazooka.

Hopefully the letters that come in will straighten him out

It was record stupid. Never seen him that wrong before.

That was it alright.

It is sad to se anyone anytime, but especially someone like him, who doesn't know "Crack is wack"

Kingarthurhk
07-24-2012, 21:41
He wore out "bloviating" last light. Believe I heard it twice from him, and once from the libtard Juan. That is slightly recrementitious, don't you think? :whistling:

Exactly.:rofl:

alwaysshootin
07-25-2012, 05:42
Exactly.:rofl:

See, if a simple truck driver, can be a, (_E=mc2_)! :supergrin:

Skyhook
07-25-2012, 06:02
O'Reilly 'doubled down' with his idiotic commentary, misinformation, and his over-all demeanor was nasty. He would not allow the guest one complete sentence. And, he- O'Reilly- was thug-like.. a bully pulpit loud mouth.:upeyes:

I turned to the DVD and watched the Persia lectures..

Cavalry Doc
07-25-2012, 06:46

New Yorkers. Most of the fox crowd are illiterate as far as guns go, it's a function of their surroundings.

Skyhook
07-25-2012, 07:09
New Yorkers. Most of the fox crowd are illiterate as far as guns go, it's a function of their surroundings.

New Yorkers. .. Would you put 'Downstate' in front of that, Doc? :steamed:

This state is like others... we're pushed about by massive, self-centered, XX-dominated, left-wing zealots in little geographic distributions known as *urban* areas. "New Yorkers" includes millions who are as freedom-driven, and fiercely independent as most any.

So's ya-all know, that's all.

DOC44
07-25-2012, 07:45
XX-dominated

XX-dominated girlie men.

Doc44

cowboywannabe
07-25-2012, 07:47
I think O'rielly is a pompus jerk. Yes I watch him sometimes and think he is right on some stuff sometimes... but he's smug arrogance under the guise of "I'm just looking out for the folks" routine is quite annoying.

I throw up a little in my mouth listening to his stupid on this... "you can buy a machine gun blah blah blah"

hes wrong about most every gun issue that he brings up. only when a gun rights advicate brings the issue up is he put in his place right when he spouts off his lies and misconceptions. give him the microphone by himself and you would swear hes writing obama's next speach.

Skyhook
07-25-2012, 07:51

XX-dominated girlie men.

Doc44

Yep, birders and fops, all.... just about.

cowboy1964
07-25-2012, 08:16
He was at it again last night: the Aurora shooter had SIXTY-THOUSAND rounds of ammo (and he said it like 5 times), he had an AK-47 (he had an AR), the AK is a "heavy weapon" and fully automatic, and you can walk into any gun show and walk out with "machine guns" and bazookas and mortars.

I like Bill and generally agree with him but sometimes he does play loose with facts and it makes himself look like an idiot.

JFrame
07-25-2012, 08:25
He was at it again last night: the Aurora shooter had SIXTY-THOUSAND rounds of ammo (and he said it like 5 times), he had an AK-47 (he had an AR), the AK is a "heavy weapon" and fully automatic, and you can walk into any gun show and walk out with "machine guns" and bazookas and mortars.

I like Bill and generally agree with him but sometimes he does play loose with facts and it makes himself look like an idiot.

I watched that "dialogue" with Jason Chaffetz last night. Chaffetz tried repeatedly and strenuously to educate O'Reilly on the differences and legalities of machine guns vs semiautomatic rifles, etc. O'Reilly went all over the place with talk of bazookas and howitzers.

I think we have to resign ourselves to the fact that in regard to this issue, O'Reilly is dead-set committed to being stupid and ignorant.

It's interesting, because in the wake of Katrina, O'Reilly totally came on board with the need for everyone to arm themselves, and to take accountability for their own safety. But I guess that concept ends at handguns with him...No "heavy weaponry" -- looks like he's decided to add another term with no meaning.

Doc might be onto something in regard to insular New Yorker types (no offense to upstaters like 'Hook... :supergrin: ).

Skyhook
07-25-2012, 08:35
I watched that "dialogue" with Jason Chaffetz last night. Chaffetz tried repeatedly and strenuously to educate O'Reilly on the differences and legalities of machine guns vs semiautomatic rifles, etc. O'Reilly went all over the place with talk of bazookas and howitzers.

I think we have to resign ourselves to the fact that in regard to this issue, O'Reilly is dead-set committed to being stupid and ignorant.

It's interesting, because in the wake of Katrina, O'Reilly totally came on board with the need for everyone to arm themselves, and to take accountability for their own safety. But I guess that concept ends at handguns with him...No "heavy weaponry" -- looks like he's decided to add another term with no meaning.

Doc might be onto something in regard to insular New Yorker types (no offense to upstaters like 'Hook... :supergrin: ).

:wavey:

:beer: (Adirondack Cooper's Cave IPA.)

JFrame
07-25-2012, 08:38
:wavey:

:beer: (Adirondack Cooper's Cave IPA.)

http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/drinks.gif

I've met a few upstaters -- youse good people up there! http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/big_standart/hi.gif

Skyhook
07-25-2012, 08:45
http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/drinks.gif

I've met a few upstaters -- youse good people up there! http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/big_standart/hi.gif

Thankee!

Say, next time you get lost and find yourself upstate :supergrin: give me a shout- I just opened a new range and need some pointers as to how to hit the COM.

JFrame
07-25-2012, 08:47
Thankee!

Say, next time you get lost and find yourself upstate :supergrin: give me a shout- I just opened a new range and need some pointers as to how to hit the COM.

That's an offer that is impossible to refuse! :cool:

jeanderson
07-25-2012, 09:35

I agree completely. I used to like Bill, but he clearly has an anti-gun bias that is coming out. I'll be tuning in to something else at 8.

douggmc
07-25-2012, 09:48

Amazing that he was actually doubling down on stupid. You could see by his demeanor and behavior (yelling and speaking over the Congress-critter) that he KNEW he was wrong. Someone had to have corrected him between the night before and the second broadcast. Even his facial expression was a "tell".

I think this just goes to show his ego is more important than facts. He would rather double-down on a something he said factually wrong or half-truths and employ the Fox News methodology of just filibustering the guest when faced with a logical and factually accurate challenge.

Let me ask all of you to do an exercise: If you have by some chance Tivoed/DVRed the past couple segments of his show, go back and don't even pay attention to the words that come out of his mouth. Instead listen to his tone, his voice volume, notice his facial expressions and demeanor, notice how much he lets the guest speak (as opposed to talking over them). Take notice of his behavior. Then ... keep that in the back of your mind as you continue to watch his program and "news stories" he covers in the future. For that matter, keep it in the back of your mind when you watch ANY Fox News. I think if you are a true independent and critical thinker ... you will have a revelation.

JFrame
07-25-2012, 10:23
I think if you are a true independent and critical thinker ... you will have a revelation.

(I'll add that other left leaning broadcasting exists too (ala MSNBC), but no where as near as virulent as what you get non-stop from right wing media).

I guess that leaves you out of the crowd of "independent and critical" thinkers... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

pipedreams
07-25-2012, 10:32

I could not believe the guy, two nights in a row. I half way expected him to correct himself after the errors the first night. Last night was even worse and when the congress person tried to correct the facts it was a waste of time. Maybe if he starts to see his ratings slump and he get thousands of emails he will wise up.

countrygun
07-25-2012, 10:36
For that matter, keep it in the back of your mind when you watch ANY Fox News. I think if you are a true independent and critical thinker ... you will have a revelation.

I think actually this thread should be a revelation for any independent thinkers.

Here are people who, more likely than not, watch FOX news regularly and yet are being openly critical of one of the FOX talking heads. Not accepting his BS and being open about it.

How many liberals jumped all over Dan Rather when he told lies about Bush and WAS OPENLY EXPOSED? Even when the truth was known they still defended him.

How many liberals have said that they think Chris Matthews and his Obamafetish and "thrills' are over the top?

Look back through a lot of threads and you will find that a lot of FOX viewers are openly critical of that news source.
Liberals are quick to jump and say "AHA so FOX isn't so perfect eh?" Heck most of us don't expect it to be.

Go over to DU and see how many of them criticize a MSM talking head for being wrong and how many of them just ignore it or make excuses.

Liberals would love to make their frequent stereotype of FOX viewers, as drooling fanboys, stick but they can't. Those who regularly watch FOX are far mor critical of it than liberals are of their MSM talking heads.

marchboom
07-25-2012, 10:42
I could not believe the guy, two nights in a row. I half way expected him to correct himself after the errors the first night. Last night was even worse and when the congress person tried to correct the facts it was a waste of time. Maybe if he starts to see his ratings slump and he get thousands of emails he will wise up.

I agree. He sounded like one of those left wing anti-gun idiots. How much of his other stories are full of inaccuracies?

I'm sure he is getting tons of emails about his rants on this subject.

What's funny is that he criticizes other reporters for not having their facts correct. He better look in a mirror.

countrygun
07-25-2012, 10:45
I guess that leaves you out of the crowd of "independent and critical" thinkers... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Nice catch!

JFrame
07-25-2012, 10:47
Nice catch!

Thanks...Sometimes the leftist whackos immortalize themselves in the most amusing way... http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/big_standart/biggrin.gif

snerd
07-25-2012, 10:47
.......... I think we have to resign ourselves to the fact that in regard to this issue, O'Reilly is dead-set committed to being stupid and ignorant......
Which is why I stopped watching his show about 2 years ago. I detests centrists. Always trying to walk the middle, afraid to offend anybody. Walk the middle of the road and you get run over.

marchboom
07-25-2012, 10:53
I think actually this thread should be a revelation for any independent thinkers.

Here are people who, more likely than not, watch FOX news regularly and yet are being openly critical of one of the FOX talking heads. Not accepting his BS and being open about it.

How many liberals jumped all over Dan Rather when he told lies about Bush and WAS OPENLY EXPOSED? Even when the truth was known they still defended him.

How many liberals have said that they think Chris Matthews and his Obamafetish and "thrills' are over the top?

Look back through a lot of threads and you will find that a lot of FOX viewers are openly critical of that news source.
Liberals are quick to jump and say "AHA so FOX isn't so perfect eh?" Heck most of us don't expect it to be.

Go over to DU and see how many of them criticize a MSM talking head for being wrong and how many of them just ignore it or make excuses.

Liberals would love to make their frequent stereotype of FOX viewers, as drooling fanboys, stick but they can't. Those who regularly watch FOX are far mor critical of it than liberals are of their MSM talking heads.

Great post!

As conservatives, and I think I speak for the vast majority of conservatives, all we want is the truth, just the facts.

If I want fiction I will read a book or watch CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, PMSNBC.

Keep it factual, O'Reilly, or you will lose the conservatives AND your ratings.

Cavalry Doc
07-25-2012, 10:57
New Yorkers. .. Would you put 'Downstate' in front of that, Doc? :steamed:

This state is like others... we're pushed about by massive, self-centered, XX-dominated, left-wing zealots in little geographic distributions known as *urban* areas. "New Yorkers" includes millions who are as freedom-driven, and fiercely independent as most any.

So's ya-all know, that's all.

Whoops!! You are correct, I was referring to the city, not the state.

G29Reload
07-25-2012, 11:44

great observation.

that's me for sure...fox watcher, cnn isn't even allowed on my program lineup.

But if fox tosses some stupid my way, they don't get a pass at all.

in the end its not left or right, its TRUTH I want. The right is better at it but far from perfect and when they screw up, they hear from me. If I wanted a steady stream of lies I'd go back to watching MSNBC.

f that.

Bruce H
07-25-2012, 13:44
Bill O'Reilly is a gas bag in the greatest Michael Moore tradition. He even has his own TV show to spew gas everywhere.

countrygun
07-25-2012, 14:00
Bill O'Reilly is a gas bag in the greatest Michael Moore tradition. He even has his own TV show to spew gas everywhere.

The real issue is people's expectations. A logical person realizes most ALL of the "commentators" are gas bags-there is no secret there. That is what they do.

Some people don't admit it about their favorite because they like the fragrance the bag emits. To them it is the "Other" guy that put out "bad gas"

The more rational adult filters through it all for the facts contained and weighs those. They point out the errors in all of the gas plumes they come in contact with.

Too many folks WANT DESPERATELY to have a gas bag that tells them what they want to believe everytime.

jakebrake
07-25-2012, 14:28

wrong? or just fitting it to his own agenda?

TheJ
07-25-2012, 14:53
wrong? or just fitting it to his own agenda?

Well I meant wrong on the facts and his conclusions. I am not convinced it is more than ignorance. Willful ignorance and hubris. I don't have a reason to beleive that he purposely lies but it is possible.

racerford
07-25-2012, 15:03
Well you can buy bazooka or a mortar tube and cannons and such. Most have been demillied, And you can get a live one with the proper paperwork, and background checks and payments. They may not be legal in all states. Bazookas and mortar tubes are just pipes if you don't have the rounds.

The fed does get involved in all that though.

My question is why not be able to own them if you safely store them. It really then becomes like any hazardous materials. Store them in conditions that don't endanger others. Break fire laws get fined or go to jail.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

ColdSteelNail
07-25-2012, 16:10
http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg614/photobug410/matthews.jpg
I may be the most liberal member of this forum, but I must say That's Funny.