Pizza Delivery Driver Defends Himself Against Shotgun-Wielding Duo! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Pizza Delivery Driver Defends Himself Against Shotgun-Wielding Duo!

cloudbuster
07-24-2012, 09:16
http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/8450

Sounds like the guy was severely outgunned, but that everything went perfectly for him. The story is kind of vague, but he must have acted quickly and decisively, as it seems the two shotgun-wielding robbers never got off a shot.

The driver, who was licensed to carry a gun, told the men to stay away from him. When the men continued to approach the driver, he shot at them. One of the alleged would-be robbers was found a short distance away, on Rutledge Drive, with wounds to his face, chest and thigh.

“He immediately pulled out his gun, fired five to six rounds, definitely hit one that we know of,” said Madison Township police Det. James Galvin.

Police said that this would have been the second pizza delivery driver robbed in the area in a week and were working to learn if there was a connection.

The man who was struck by bullets, identified as 20-year-old Cortez Bradley, was transported to Grant Medical Center. Investigators said that the second suspected robber, Bradley’s 16-year-old cousin, fled the scene and sent a text messages to family members, indicating that he was shot twice.

Great shooting. I count five hits!

robhic
07-24-2012, 09:33
Ah, what a great way to start the day! :supergrin: Thanks for posting this. I'd love to see a lot more like this. Maybe, eventually, more and more BGs will get the drift that being a BG ain't such a cozy way to make a living.

NMG26
07-24-2012, 09:38
I guess they did not want to hurt anyone with those shotguns. Willingness to shoot makes all the difference.

rednoved
07-24-2012, 09:43
Nice.

Texas357
07-24-2012, 12:13
He should get to keep the shotguns as war trophies partial compensation for emotional trauma.

JW1178
07-24-2012, 12:38
Well this shows the difference between people who know how to use them versus idiots that just have weapons. Glad the good guy won.

Scary thought. One BG or two or more BG's come at you better armed. It's think fast and and you might be making the biggest decision of your life! Better be on your A game and keep a level head.

Bren
07-24-2012, 12:56
http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/8450

Sounds like the guy was severely outgunned, but that everything went perfectly for him. The story is kind of vague, but he must have acted quickly and decisively, as it seems the two shotgun-wielding robbers never got off a shot.

Great shooting. I count five hits!

Allow me to be the first to say, "that's a BS story - he's lying - no way he shot 2 guys with shotguns and they didn't even get a round off - he probably planted those shotguns."

How do I know? I recently learned this in the threads about the shooting of Andrew Scott in Lake Co. Florida, where people figured the police were lying or planted the gun because the he got killed without getting off a shot. In that case, it was 2 cops vs. 1 bad guy, where this one is 2 bad guys vs. 1 pizza guy. Do the math, pizza guys always lie - Papa John will cover it up.

of course, that was in GNG.:upeyes:

JW1178
07-24-2012, 13:03
Bren, perhaps he was wearing a 5-11 shirt? :supergrin:

Paul53
07-24-2012, 13:22
Were the perps wearing hoodies? Doesn't say. Geraldo Rivera says hoodies are the root of all evil (my interpretation). Anyway, the perps should have to reimburse for the ammo used to school them!

Bren
07-24-2012, 13:29
Were the perps wearing hoodies? Doesn't say. Geraldo Rivera says hoodies are the root of all evil (my interpretation). Anyway, the perps should have to reimburse for the ammo used to school them!

Oprah said only angels wear hoodies...to cover their little halos.:angel:

OctoberRust
07-24-2012, 14:28
Oprah said only angels wear hoodies...to cover their little halos.:angel:

HAHAHAHAHA

Did she really say that? It wouldn't surprise me if she did....

Bren
07-24-2012, 14:42
HAHAHAHAHA

Did she really say that? It wouldn't surprise me if she did....

You may be surprised to learn, I don't actually watch Oprah. However, if you check out youtube, there are at least a couple of songs claiming Trayvon was an angel.

janice6
07-24-2012, 14:56
You may be surprised to learn, I don't actually watch Oprah. However, if you check out youtube, there are at least a couple of songs claiming Trayvon was an angel.

So was Satan.

robhic
07-24-2012, 16:56
You may be surprised to learn, I don't actually watch Oprah.

Ah, my faith in mankind is restored!!! :supergrin: I woulda been crushed if you were an Oprah fan. :wow:

NEOH212
07-25-2012, 02:54
:cool:

zbusdriver
07-25-2012, 09:21
...the perps should have to reimburse for the ammo used to school them!...lol

TxDoubleAgent
07-25-2012, 10:09

My immediate thoughts also. :whistling:

oldman11
07-25-2012, 11:01
Allow me to be the first to say, "that's a BS story - he's lying - no way he shot 2 guys with shotguns and they didn't even get a round off - he probably planted those shotguns."

How do I know? I recently learned this in the threads about the shooting of Andrew Scott in Lake Co. Florida, where people figured the police were lying or planted the gun because the he got killed without getting off a shot. In that case, it was 2 cops vs. 1 bad guy, where this one is 2 bad guys vs. 1 pizza guy. Do the math, pizza guys always lie - Papa John will cover it up.

of course, that was in GNG.:upeyes:
Did you ever stop to think that just because you aren't that fast and accurate, that he may have been. And of course pizza guys always carry a couple of shotguns for plant guns. :rofl:Good imagination though.

blkpag1
07-25-2012, 12:56
So was Satan.

:rofl:

rilkil23
07-25-2012, 13:02
Give that delivery driver a huge tip, nicely done.

Bren
07-25-2012, 13:14
Did you ever stop to think that just because you aren't that fast and accurate, that he may have been. And of course pizza guys always carry a couple of shotguns for plant guns. :rofl:Good imagination though.

I think you missed the point - we just recently had about 4 threads on a guy who pointed a gun at 2 police officers and was killed without getting off a shot. Some Glock Talkers decided it was a conspiracy and cover-up by the police, because they couldn't believe one untrained drug dealer could lose a gunfight to 2 police officers without firing a shot. Those same people tend to support any non-police shooter.

Fred Hansen
07-25-2012, 13:21
Oprah said only angels wear hoodies...to cover their little halos.:angel::supergrin: :rofl:

Gallium
07-26-2012, 07:15
So was Satan.

:wow:
:supergrin:

RightGlock1
07-26-2012, 19:10
As part of the driver's compensation, the perps should be made to buy him a case of ammo for each shot that connected. He did well. That's a scary scenario of 2 bad guys with shotguns. Great job. Nice to see a pizza driver that really delivered........Peppered with Lead Pizza.