Accidental gunfire at Dallas Walmart injures four, gun owner had permit [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Accidental gunfire at Dallas Walmart injures four, gun owner had permit

TBO
07-25-2012, 12:28
Accidental gunfire at Dallas Walmart injures four, gun owner had permit

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57478931-504083/accident-gunfire-at-dallas-walmart-injures-four-gun-owner-had-permit/

smokin762
07-25-2012, 12:35
:shocked::faint:

king_John_I
07-25-2012, 12:38
Walmart in the hood, haha figures.

RussP
07-25-2012, 13:15
Obvious questions: Where was the holster located?

What kind of holster?

What make of firearm?

RussP
07-25-2012, 13:16
Walmart in the hood, haha figures.What do you mean by your observation?

jph02
07-25-2012, 13:23
Already under discussion in this thread (http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1433919).

RyanNREMTP
07-25-2012, 14:31
Figures the guy was from Waco.

Sent from 31.30.6912 -97.07.7736

Chris Chris
07-25-2012, 16:21
It would be interesting to know the make of gun. Modern guns aren't supposed to fire if they are just dropped onto a hard surface.

It would be interesting to know what carry position and holster he was using that caused his reaching for his wallet to cause is handgun to dislodge and fall from its holster.

It would be interesting to know why.... if I read the article link correctly... that he fled the scene after the ND.

It would be interesting to know what type of... if any... training he actually had in regards to carrying a concealed handgun.

The 2nd Ammendment is a GREAT THING... but there are some folks that may not be ready to embrace it safely.... and they tend to make things difficult for those of us who can and do.

RussP
07-25-2012, 17:00
Already under discussion in this thread (http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1433919). Thanks for the headsup, jph02.

Certain topics are often discussed in multiple forums so that different perspectives can be explored.

:cool:

Deaf Smith
07-25-2012, 17:17
The guy is in a WORLD OF HURT.

Evading arrest, child endangerment.....

Stupid stupid stupid.

Either he packed a non-drop safe gun or he grabbed at it and set it off. And I suspect no holster.

He was 23 and I bet was not long into CHL carrying.

If he is lucky, real lucky, it will be pleaded down to misdemeanors and no felony record.

But he will pay lots of $$ to lawyers and some jail time.

Deaf

HerrGlock
07-25-2012, 17:23
Guy needs to be convicted of something with a greater than 1 year in jail punishment so we don't have to worry about him ever being able to do it again.

TBO
07-25-2012, 17:35
Already under discussion in this thread (http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1433919).
Thanks

unit1069
07-25-2012, 17:50
He was legally negligent, and I suspect lawyers for the victims will go after the gun manufacturer for negligent design of a firearm whether they have a good case or not. With so many tort lawyers ready to take a case like this on consignment why not roll the dice?

I get some heat from time-to-time for normally carrying without a round chambered (I l live a staid life, with a very normal routine) and this is one of the reasons why I do. I never Mexican carry but there are just too many confessions by GT members on how they suffered an ND for me to ignore. I'll err on the side of safety and hope if the miniscule chance that I'll ever need to defend myself occurs I'll have the extra second to rack the slide.

beatcop
07-25-2012, 19:25
-crap pistol
-dumb carry
-darwin

Creatism
07-25-2012, 19:31
-crap pistol
-dumb carry
-darwin

Watched the news feed, appears to an xd, which is not a crap gun. The other parts absolutely.

Typed from my iPhone with my thumbs!!

jhmayhem
07-25-2012, 19:54
If I am remembering correctly, in fact I think I read the stories on this forum, there seems to be a surprising amount of NDs in Walmart stores. I don't know what it is about that place that always seems to attract the dimmest of our society.

Deaf Smith
07-25-2012, 20:41
The guy is 23 years old. I don't want to give him a felony conviction if he has a clean record.

People make mistakes. Don't destroy his life unless he as made other big errors before (and getting a CHL he had no felonies and no A & B misdemeanors in 5 years (and at 23 that goes back to 18.)

He screwed up with a XD (I bet he grabbed it, disabling the grip safety, and touched the trigger.)

Deaf

beatcop
07-25-2012, 21:07
Watched the news feed, appears to an xd, which is not a crap gun. The other parts absolutely.

Typed from my iPhone with my thumbs!!

XD, hmmmm

Perhaps he tried to grab it as it fell?

Caver 60
07-25-2012, 21:36
Now wait a minute. According to the article:

The gun fell from his holster and went off? But the bullet grazed the CCW guy in the back of the leg and then hit the floor and injured others?

.45 Combat
07-25-2012, 22:13
The press is wrong at times.

HerrGlock
07-26-2012, 01:31
The guy is 23 years old. I don't want to give him a felony conviction if he has a clean record.

People make mistakes. Don't destroy his life unless he as made other big errors before (and getting a CHL he had no felonies and no A & B misdemeanors in 5 years (and at 23 that goes back to 18.)

He screwed up with a XD (I bet he grabbed it, disabling the grip safety, and touched the trigger.)

Deaf

He left the scene. I do not want someone who is not willing to take responsibility for the outcome of their carrying to be able to carry ever again.

If he had stuck around and manned up to it, yeah 3-5 years yank his license, but this is akin to a hit and run.

RussP
07-26-2012, 08:50

Deaf

He left the scene. I do not want someone who is not willing to take responsibility for the outcome of their carrying to be able to carry ever again.

If he had stuck around and manned up to it, yeah 3-5 years yank his license, but this is akin to a hit and run.I agree completely with HerrGlock. What will be his next, "OOPS..."?

Deaf Smith
07-26-2012, 17:28
If he had stuck around and manned up to it, yeah 3-5 years yank his license, but this is akin to a hit and run.

But if he spends months in jail, thousands of $$, license lost for years, I don't know if there will be another 'oops'.

We will see what the DA and maybe Jury say...

Glade I pack a Glock with NY-1 trigger/FIST holster and S&W Centennial/IWB holster!

And I know better to grab for my pistol if it drops. Let it fall. It is drop safe.

Deaf