Romney claims many Aurora weapons were illegal [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Romney claims many Aurora weapons were illegal

DOC44
07-25-2012, 16:33
Romney claims many Aurora weapons were illegal

(CBS News) In an interview with NBC News Wednesday, Mitt Romney said "many" of the weapons used in the Aurora, Colorado mass shooting were obtained illegally.

"Well this person shouldn't have had any kind of weapons and bombs and other devices and it was illegal for him to have many of those things already," Romney said. "But he had them. And so we can sometimes hope that just changing the law will make all bad things go away. It won't. Changing the heart of the American people may well be what's essential, to improve the lots of the American people."

I hope Mittens was talking about the "bombs" if he was talking about the firearms... he sounds about as dumb as O'Reily.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57480081-503544/romney-claims-many-aurora-weapons-were-illegal/

Doc44

JFrame
07-25-2012, 16:42
He might have been referring to the alleged booby-traps at his apartment.

Glockdude1
07-25-2012, 17:03
Ban gasoline!!

:tongueout:

RC-RAMIE
07-25-2012, 18:41
He most likely meant the rifle we know how he feels about those.

These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense, Romney said in 2004. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.

Yep that's the conservative choice for POTUS.

PawDog
07-25-2012, 18:57
He most likely meant the rifle we know how he feels about those.

These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense, Romney said in 2004. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.

Yep that's the conservative choice for POTUS.

Wow! another pearl of wisdom from a Paulatarian mind reader. :upeyes: No surprises here. Continue your propaganda if it makes you feel all better. :upeyes:

nowhere did the man reference "rifles" in his comment, yet in expected twisted liberal paul-bot fashion, you spew the same garbage as the Obama administration.

Again, no surprise given your twisted thought process.

Cavalry Doc
07-25-2012, 19:02
He might have meant that it was illegal to have those guns in the theater, a self declared gun free zone.

jeanderson
07-25-2012, 19:11
I don't like Romney's position on guns at all. I don't like a lot of things about Romney. But I'm going to vote for him... because he's a thousand times better than the other guy.

Wake up to the reality that we're voting for the lesser of two evils.

Bren
07-25-2012, 19:57
Romney claims many Aurora weapons were illegal

I hope Mittens was talking about the "bombs" if he was talking about the firearms... he sounds about as dumb as O'Reily.
Doc44

He said "many of those things" and that appears to be correct. Another silly chances for opponents to nitpick. It would be a silly attempt to make something out of nothing, evn if Obama said it and blamed Holder.

People who jump on something that frivolous accomplish nothing but hurting their own credibility when there is a real issue.

DOC44
07-25-2012, 20:05
He said "many of those things" and that appears to be correct. Another silly chances for opponents to nitpick. It would be a silly attempt to make something out of nothing, evn if Obama said it and blamed Holder.

People who jump on something that frivolous accomplish nothing but hurting their own credibility when there is a real issue.

Mitt Romney said "many" of the weapons used in the Aurora, Colorado mass shooting were obtained illegally.

I'm just trying to understand what he obtained illegally.

Doc44

Texas357
07-26-2012, 00:27
Mitt Romney said "many" of the weapons used in the Aurora, Colorado mass shooting were obtained illegally.

Doc44

Maybe the Vicodin he allegedly took?

Some reports sy he took 100mg of Vicodin before the shooting. My pharmacist tells me that is "a lot." As in, I might survive that dose, but I wouldn't be funtional.

If he really did take that before the shooting, it would indicate he's developed a very high tolerance - presumably by seriously abusing pills for a while.

Bren
07-26-2012, 04:53

Doc44

No, you are not and you know it. Your point was to try to make Romney look foolish for saying "many of these things" were illegal to possess (what you posted did not say "obtained illegally").

The bombs and/or booby traps were illegal to possess, although they were made, not obtained illegally.

DOC44
07-26-2012, 05:04
No, you are not and you know it. Your point was to try to make Romney look foolish for saying "many of these things" were illegal to possess (what you posted did not say "obtained illegally").

The bombs and/or booby traps were illegal to possess, although they were made, not obtained illegally.

(CBS News) In an interview with NBC News Wednesday, Mitt Romney said "many" of the weapons used in the Aurora, Colorado mass shooting were obtained illegally.

I was not trying to make Romney look foolish. I read this and it sounded to me like he was talking about the weapons actually usnd the the mass shooting.... if that was what he was talking about then he was mistaken.... not foolish.... eventhough he may be:dunno:

Doc44

RC-RAMIE
07-26-2012, 07:04
Wow! another pearl of wisdom from a Paulatarian mind reader. :upeyes: No surprises here. Continue your propaganda if it makes you feel all better. :upeyes:

nowhere did the man reference "rifles" in his comment, yet in expected twisted liberal paul-bot fashion, you spew the same garbage as the Obama administration.

Again, no surprise given your twisted thought process.

I didn't make the statement Mitt did, but keep telling people how pro gun he is.

professorpinki
07-26-2012, 07:44
The statement refers to bombs more previously than your quoted bit. Secondly, the "mass shooting" is not necessarily mentioned in the direct quote and is suspect to the challenge that Mr. Romney was not actually referring to the shooting but instead the whole scope of Mr. Holmes's crimes.

That being said, I don't particularly care. For as much as the President introduces legislation to the Congress, he doesn't make or pass laws... he merely signs off on them and acts as a figurehead for his party's beliefs to the American public.

engineer151515
07-26-2012, 08:19
And so we can sometimes hope that just changing the law will make all bad things go away. It won't.

Quite frankly, if you think changing a law will make any bad thing "go away", you're an idiot.