Why don't more guns.. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Why don't more guns..

Tim151515
07-25-2012, 20:12
come with a 1911 style, solid trigger? Im no gunsmith, but I would imagine that even a DA/SA gun could use this type of trigger that pulls straight back rather that up and back like the typical trigger, except the first pull would be longer, like a standard DA/SA.

I mean, that type of trigger, IMO, is what makes the 1911 so desirable. I think that it minimizes the shooters mistakes, and I was just wondering why more guns don't use that type of trigger.

Metal Angel
07-25-2012, 20:22
Does it really pull straight back? Or does it just give that impression because of the shape? It's such a short pull you wouldn't notice one way or another.

Edit: just looked at my gun dissasembly app... Lol. It does indeed pull straight back. On a single action, I hardly think it makes a difference. But it might be nice on a DA... I could be wrong, but I think the infamous VP70 has a straight back DA trigger, and we know how much everyone liked that trigger.

Tim151515
07-25-2012, 20:39
Does it really pull straight back? Or does it just give that impression because of the shape? It's such a short pull you wouldn't notice one way or another.

Edit: just looked at my gun dissasembly app... Lol. It does indeed pull straight back. On a single action, I hardly think it makes a difference. But it might be nice on a DA... I could be wrong, but I think the infamous VP70 has a straight back DA trigger, and we know how much everyone liked that trigger.

Ha...very true on thhe VP...and the hi point has the same trigger...so I guess its just the 1911 itself. But I am an average at best shooter...and my "thing" is bullseye shooting from 15 or 25 yars...and I feel like whenever I shank one with a 1911...it still manages to hit the target due to the trigger. And the only 1911 Im even running is a GI 1980 style(remingtion 1911) and it still just feels perfect.

bac1023
07-25-2012, 21:10

Definitely straight back on the 1911.

There is no pivot.

countrygun
07-25-2012, 21:16
Definitely straight back on the 1911.

There is no pivot.

In a true 1911 it's straight back. One of the improvements the Ballester-Molina incorperated was a pivoting trigger.

The pivot is almost a neccessity to use leverage in easing the trigger pull on a hammer fired semi. with out the fulcrum and lever working the trigger pulls (like on the VP70) would be unmanageable for a DA/SA

NEOH212
07-26-2012, 03:21
Not everyone needs a 1911 trigger. Especially those that actually know how to shoot. :whistling:

:tongueout:

samuse
07-26-2012, 06:33
Not everyone needs a 1911 trigger. Especially those that actually know how to shoot. :whistling:

Eeeeexactly.

nastytrigger
07-26-2012, 06:48
I must admit, I like (correct me if I get the term wrong) stage in a trigger. Like a Glock, or Beretta 92's single-action.

I don't like a long DAO pull, however (though I have two guns with it, but it works for pocket carry).

Having a 1911, it's a nice trigger, but I don't like it better than my staged, some would say slop, triggers.

45caldan
07-26-2012, 06:52

No one is so good that they couldn't benifit from a better trigger.
Rob Leatham and all the other competitors use guns with MUCH lighter than normal triggers.
I am sure you are not saying you can shoot better than these guys.....
People on this Forum really do crack me up!

ronin.45
07-26-2012, 10:12
I think the new Heizer Defense Doubletap has a straight pull DA trigger. Obviously I've not tried it to know if it's any good yet.

countrygun
07-26-2012, 10:29

true, some of us shoot DA revolvers

:whistling: