Ice-T On Gun Control [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ice-T On Gun Control

Bananas
07-26-2012, 02:58
This is... surprising! And excellent :supergrin:

Rapper Ice T on US gun control (20July12) - YouTube

Didn't see this posted yet, here ya go! Notice how this British imbecile mentions the "Denver shooting" :dunno:

Not sure how I feel about him saying "protection from the police", but I get what he's saying- Authority figures in general.

Jerry
07-26-2012, 07:07
WOW! Color me presently surprised. I never would have guessed.

If one empathizes with people having their doors kicked in by police with No Knock warrants one might consider the same words. Government = police... Police = government. I use the word government all the time.

TheExplorer
07-26-2012, 07:12
Not sure how I feel about him saying "protection from the police", but I get what he's saying- Authority figures in general.

That was just a dumb remark. As if all LEO will wake up tomorrow and rise up against us.

DAIadvisor
07-26-2012, 07:57
Impressive. Go Ice T!

series1811
07-26-2012, 08:12
That was just a dumb remark. As if all LEO will wake up tomorrow and rise up against us.

I don't think he meant it like that. I think he meant an oppressive government, which in the past, in other countries, have used police as part of that apparatus.

I understand that. He's not saying it could happen here. He's saying our right to bear arms is why it can't happen here. I agree with that.

I also found the "no justice on stolen land" remark interesting.

You can't pretend we are not who we are here in the US. Many other countries don't get us, and in truth, we barely get ourselves most of the time.

TheExplorer
07-26-2012, 08:24
I don't think he meant it like that. I think he meant an oppressive government, which in the past, in other countries, have used police as part of that apparatus.

I understand that. He's not saying it could happen here. He's saying our right to bear arms is why it can't happen here. I agree with that.

You can't pretend we are not who we are here in the US. Many other countries don't get us, and in truth, we barely get ourselves most of the time.

You're probably right. I understand we need to be proactive to protect our rights, but I also think we shouldn't in live paranoia 24/7.

TheJ
07-26-2012, 08:29

I pretty much agree.

What I found interesting about the stolen land comment is it seems most all lands can be said to have been "stolen" at some point in history. So I find that logic to be a little ignorant.

series1811
07-26-2012, 08:31
I pretty much agree.

What I found interesting about the stolen land comment is it seems most all lands can be said to have been "stolen" at some point in history. So I find that logic to be a little ignorant.

Again, that's what I think he meant. All land is stolen. And, man is doomed to constant strife because of who and what we are.

TheJ
07-26-2012, 08:35
Again, that's what I think he meant. All land is stolen. And, man is doomed to constant strife because of who and what we are.

If that is the case, then he wins intellectual points in my book.

Gunnut 45/454
07-26-2012, 12:23
Wow I guess he doesn't want anymore hollywood rolls! That was sure the kiss of death to any future movie deals! Good on you Ice T! Notice the Antigun comentator had no rational response!:rofl:

ConcealedG23
07-26-2012, 17:01
Wow I guess he doesn't want anymore hollywood rolls! That was sure the kiss of death to any future movie deals! Good on you Ice T! Notice the Antigun comentator had no rational response!:rofl:

Because there are none.

D

Armchair Commando
07-26-2012, 21:34
You're probably right. I understand we need to be proactive to protect our rights, but I also think we shouldn't in live paranoia 24/7.

So do you wear a seatbelt due to paranoia? or preparedness?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine