Left is calling for El Presentie to Executive Order Assault Weapons Ban [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Left is calling for El Presentie to Executive Order Assault Weapons Ban

DOC44
07-26-2012, 04:43
Calling For Obama To Ban Assault Weapons Via Executive Order At The Huffington Post?

:steamed:

http://dustinstockton.com/2012/07/calling-for-obama-to-ban-assault-weapons-via-executive-order-at-the-huffington-post/

This ought to fire up conservative base.

Doc44

DOC44
07-26-2012, 04:53
Barbara Boxer, Dianne Feinstein push for assault weapons ban

http://blog.sfgate.com/nov05election/2012/07/24/barbara-boxer-dianne-feinstein-push-for-assault-weapons-ban/

Doc44

jeanderson
07-26-2012, 04:59
... if we are ever to end these massacres, he is going to have to issue an executive order banning the sale of assault weapons and high-capacity gun magazines.

Typical liberal drivel. I am really getting sick of this executive order crap. Massacres can be achieved with means other than a gun. Banning the sale of something does not vanquish it from the planet.

What is the definition of an assault weapon with high-capacity magazine? If you ask this moron that question, it would likely be a BB gun.

callihan_44
07-26-2012, 05:01
why isnt there a call for hollywood to clean it's act up? the dude dyed his hair to resemble the joker....

DOC44
07-26-2012, 05:18
DNC Executive Director: Obama Supports 'Reinstatement' of Assault Weapons Ban

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/dnc-executive-director-obama-supports-reinstatement-assault-weapons-ban_648956.html

Doc44

robertoh
07-26-2012, 07:19
Callihan 44; The left will never even mention to Hollywood to cut back the violence in thieir movies,because Hollywood is the Left's (in Kalifornia) biggest money source,and money always comes first before anything else is done.

walt cowan
07-26-2012, 07:23
whos gonna be first to put their hand in that wood chipper?

DOC44
07-26-2012, 07:28
whos gonna be first to put their hand in that wood chipper?

http://www.thereelbits.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/tucker-and-dale-vs-evil003.jpg

Doc44

Cavalry Doc
07-26-2012, 08:32
I'll be enjoying my ownership of these weapons tonight, for my weekly gun cleaning trip out on the lake with my canoe.

RussP
07-26-2012, 08:35
Typical liberal drivel. I am really getting sick of this executive order crap. Massacres can be achieved with means other than a gun. Banning the sale of something does not vanquish it from the planet.

What is the definition of an assault weapon with high-capacity magazine? If you ask this moron that question, it would likely be a BB gun.http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-41902112641410_2221_95870326.gif
http://www.airgunwarehouseinc.com/automatic-bb-guns.html

Put your eye out...:whistling:

Mister_Beefy
07-26-2012, 11:36
if obama signs an executive order banning assault rifles, I'll start OCing an ar-15 the next day.

Gundude
07-26-2012, 11:52
Fortunately the people who call for stuff like this are just as powerless as those on the right who are clamoring for an abortion ban.

They will vote for Obama no matter what, so he doesn't need to (nor will he) listen to them. He might toss them a few empty platitudes, the kind many of you here are more than accustomed to hearing from "your" politicians, but he's not going to risk anything politically to appease sure-thing voters.

teumessian_fox
07-26-2012, 13:19
Zero can't simply mandate a gun ban via executive order.

the Supreme Court ruled in Youngstown Sheet & Tube Co. v. Sawyer, 343 US 579 (1952) that Executive Order 10340 from President Harry S. Truman placing all steel mills in the country under federal control was invalid because it attempted to make law, rather than clarify or act to further a law put forth by the Congress or the Constitution. Presidents since this decision have generally been careful to cite which specific laws they are acting under when issuing new executive orders.

Glockdude1
07-26-2012, 13:34
Zero can't simply mandate a gun ban via executive order.

:agree:

Sharkey
07-26-2012, 13:34
Calling For Obama To Ban Assault Weapons Via Executive Order At The Huffington Post?

:steamed:

http://dustinstockton.com/2012/07/calling-for-obama-to-ban-assault-weapons-via-executive-order-at-the-huffington-post/

This ought to fire up conservative base.

Doc44

They must not care if he gets re-elected. Clinton needs to remind them how they lose elections when they do that.

barbedwiresmile
07-26-2012, 14:02
Fortunately the people who call for stuff like this are just as powerless as those on the right who are clamoring for an abortion ban.

But then you will be arrested by those who are only doing their job.

QNman
07-26-2012, 16:23
DNC Executive Director: Obama Supports 'Reinstatement' of Assault Weapons Ban

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/dnc-executive-director-obama-supports-reinstatement-assault-weapons-ban_648956.html

Doc44

No, that can't be true... I have been assured many times, right here on GTPI, that Obama can't/won't/wouldn't even think about thinking about trying to ban any weapons. He has no interest in this, whatsoever. I'm confident he wouldn't dream of such a thing, not even if he were a lame duck and the Dems grab the House back.

[/sarcasm]

samurairabbi
07-26-2012, 16:46
I'll be enjoying my ownership of these weapons tonight, for my weekly gun cleaning trip out on the lake with my canoe.
Grief counselors from the "Lost Firearms In Tragic Boating Mishap" Support Group will be available to you to assuage your grief in the event of your hypothetical horrific experience.

Be advised, though: First round of the night is on YOU!

Cavalry Doc
07-26-2012, 16:48
Grief counselors from the "Lost Firearms In Tragic Boating Mishap" Support Group will be available to you to assuage your grief in the event of your hypothetical horrific experience.

Be advised, though: First round of the night is on YOU!

Never happen, I am VERY careful in my canoe.

Hey, wait a minute...... If I get in now, I can beat the rush, buy my "I'm the FNG" round, and sit back and reap the rewards. Nothing like getting in on a pyramid scheme early on. :supergrin: Where are the meetings?

Kingarthurhk
07-26-2012, 17:09
I don't see how it is going to be a problem for them. Obama couldn't pass the Dream Act, so he legistlated from the Executive to effect an Amnesty and directed it to be enforced. An AWB will never pass in Congress; so, since Congress doesn't have the wherewithal to beging impeachment proceedings he will probably Executively Legislate an AWB. Then He will order BATFE to simply enforce his edict.

samurairabbi
07-26-2012, 17:13
Never happen, I am VERY careful in my canoe.

Hey, wait a minute...... If I get in now, I can beat the rush, buy my "I'm the FNG" round, and sit back and reap the rewards. Nothing like getting in on a pyramid scheme early on. :supergrin: Where are the meetings?
First off: Our Support Group sessions are not MEETINGS! AA has given that term a bad rep.

And your FNG cheapskate angle won't fly. Our support group membership has seen ALL the scams, so after your tragic loss you will be at the back of the line! Of course, if you DO manage to come up with a useful con-job wrinkle, we can authorize an on-the-spot move-up-in-the-queue you-deserve-it promotion; hey, we've seen so much tragedy we feel a need to demonstrate compassion.

Gundude
07-26-2012, 17:14
I don't see how it is going to be a problem for them. Obama couldn't pass the Dream Act, so he legistlated from the Executive to effect an Amnesty and directed it to be enforced. An AWB will never pass in Congress; so, since Congress doesn't have the wherewithal to beging impeachment proceedings he will probably Executively Legislate an AWB. Then He will order BATFE to simply enforce his edict.Obama ordered his branch not to enforce existing law. Very different from ordering them to enforce non-existent law.

ETA: Not to say that what he did was ok to do, just that it doesn't make an executive order AWB possible.

Cavalry Doc
07-26-2012, 17:19
First off: Our Support Group sessions are not MEETINGS! AA has given that term a bad rep.

And your FNG cheapskate angle won't fly. Our support group membership has seen ALL the scams, so after your tragic loss you will be at the back of the line! Of course, if you DO manage to come up with a useful con-job wrinkle, we can authorize an on-the-spot move-up-in-the-queue you-deserve-it promotion; hey, we've seen so much tragedy we feel a need to demonstrate compassion.

:wavey:
Send me a 10 digit grid by PM.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p158/CavalryDoc/CavDoc-3.gif

countrygun
07-26-2012, 17:39

I realize the need for compassion but I think just pro forma we need to see at least a phoney-baloney business plan to show the potential for the plan to at least break even. It doesn't have to come near our usual profit margin of course. I am sure the proper experts can tune it up a bit.

Cavalry Doc
07-26-2012, 17:50
I realize the need for compassion but I think just pro forma we need to see at least a phoney-baloney business plan to show the potential for the plan to at least break even. It doesn't have to come near our usual profit margin of course. I am sure the proper experts can tune it up a bit.

I just happen to have that in my back pocket.

Get in early, get out before it's too late = Net profit.

Kingarthurhk
07-26-2012, 19:13
Obama ordered his branch not to enforce existing law. Very different from ordering them to enforce non-existent law.

ETA: Not to say that what he did was ok to do, just that it doesn't make an executive order AWB possible.

Actually, he created a system of granting benefits to people who were not legally eligible, as decided ny the Legislative Branch. So, he created legislation by simply deciding to do it. After that, I put nothing past him, period.

fxstchewy
07-27-2012, 05:59

Hey, that's what i do..........

Cavalry Doc
07-27-2012, 06:33
Hey, that's what i do..........

It's a rapidly growing past time. :whistling:

The smell of the cool night air, a little bug spray and gun oil. There's nothing else like it. Very comforting.

Hour13
07-27-2012, 07:16
As much as the Dems would love to push through another AWB, hell, worse yet a blanket gun-ban...

Stupid as they may be, they've learned that "gun issues" are political suicide. There was a time when they would've has an easier time with it. But the American public in general has long since figured out that guns are not the problem. Crazy people do crazy things, if they don't use a gun, they'll make a bomb, etc...

One look at AR-15 sales, or the staggering number of CC applications the FBI is juggling right now will make it clear, attacking gun rights is a failure in the wings. People have figured out that being able to protect yourself is far more effective than "getting rid of guns".

samurairabbi
07-27-2012, 07:25
It's a rapidly growing past time. :whistling:

The smell of the cool night air, a little bug spray and gun oil. There's nothing else like it. Very comforting.
... yeah, but all you guys are still too cheap to invest in emergency flotation devices on your guncases to protect against the admittedly unlikely event of a capsizing due to flawed seamanship!

Skyhook
07-27-2012, 09:03

They will vote for Obama no matter what, so he doesn't need to (nor will he) listen to them. He might toss them a few empty platitudes, the kind many of you here are more than accustomed to hearing from "your" politicians, but he's not going to risk anything politically to appease sure-thing voters.

This.

"Tell me, how in hell can such an incredibly (supposedly) brilliant person be so damned and pathetically ignorant of our laws?!?

Given god-like status, I guess his stupendous ignorance means nothing."
Here's a well-written view of the issue: http://patriotpost.us/editions/14250/