Before the XD pistol there was the HS2000 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Before the XD pistol there was the HS2000

Sturmgewehre
07-26-2012, 08:19
HS2000 - Croatian 9mm Pistol - YouTube

fnfalman
07-26-2012, 08:33
And it was cheap as appropriate for a gun manufactured in Croatia.

mac66
07-26-2012, 08:45
The HS2000 was designed as a Croatian military pistol. Interestingly, Croatia got favored trading status after the Balkan wars and their gov't firearms industry got incentives from the Clinton administration which resulted in the HS2000 being imported here and the cheap price.

The HS2000 is the XD9. Same gun. When Springfield saw what a great pistol it was they bought the import rights and jacked the price way up. SA got the Croatian company to develop the HS in other calibers. XDs are still made in Croatia.

I have two of the originals and they still kick butt after cases and cases of ammo through them.

bac1023
07-26-2012, 08:54
Yep, I remember them before SA bought the rights to it.

1gewehr
07-26-2012, 10:00
Yep, an XD at 2/3rds the price. My wife has one with well over 15,000 rds through it. We just finished replacing the springs because we felt it was time to do it. Never had a problem!

countrygun
07-26-2012, 11:39
I look on the bright side about Springfield importing the gun, even if they mark it up, they have made if more popular and more accessories are available-holsters mainly, and they came up with the "M" series, the compact, the "S" model.

All in all they have sped up the "blooming" of the design

mac66
07-26-2012, 12:45
I look on the bright side about Springfield importing the gun, even if they mark it up, they have made if more popular and more accessories are available-holsters mainly, and they came up with the "M" series, the compact, the "S" model.

All in all they have sped up the "blooming" of the design

Kind of funny that when they first came out I took my HS2000 to several IDPA matches (including the state championship) that year. People poo-pooed it because it was a cheap foreign pistol. (shades of Glock!) I took second place in my class with it. The same gun with the SA logo is a premium pistol. And yeah, I have an XD40 and XD45, all nice pistols.

Decguns
07-26-2012, 14:02
I guess we poo-poo'd the XD because the slide rusted at the first hint of finger prints or humidity. Or that guys kept "dying" during training because they couldn't depress the grip safety during weak hand drills. After months of watching XD die hards get the "deer in the head lights" look when their Croation door stop wouldn't fire, I stopped taking the pistol seriously.

countrygun
07-26-2012, 16:23
I guess we poo-poo'd the XD because the slide rusted at the first hint of finger prints or humidity. Or that guys kept "dying" during training because they couldn't depress the grip safety during weak hand drills. After months of watching XD die hards get the "deer in the head lights" look when their Croation door stop wouldn't fire, I stopped taking the pistol seriously.

Judging from my experience with mine i am not about to condemn it because of someone else's "Operator error"

Do some research and see what Clint Smith has to say about them. Start with the January/February 2011 "American Handgunner".

In his review of the then new XDm he says the the XD is "a personal favorite pistol of mine when it comes to large-bore in the polymer pistol mode."

He has also written of the XD in other articles. I don't think he needs the hassle of suggesting a pistol that doesn't work for his classes

mac66
07-26-2012, 18:31

I gotta call BS on that unless your guys are a bunch of retards.

GIockGuy24
07-26-2012, 18:31
The earliest ones had major striker problems. Those were pretty much fixed by redesigning the parts but always makes me wonder if I could trust one.

paragon1
07-26-2012, 22:26
Is it true that Sig sold at least some of the design to the Croatians? Some one who knows some history said something to this effect. I can't remember the details.

countrygun
07-26-2012, 23:01
Is it true that Sig sold at least some of the design to the Croatians? Some one who knows some history said something to this effect. I can't remember the details.

Since SIG doesn't mske a striker fired pistol I have a hard time figuring out where that rumor came from.

It does use a SIG type barrel hood lockup, but then so do others including Glock

countrygun
07-26-2012, 23:03
I gotta call BS on that unless your guys are a bunch of retards.

Now i wouldn't have said that

:whistling:

in those words anyway

Beretta92guy
07-27-2012, 04:27
I have an XDm 45, chose it over a G21sf.......it is a GREAT gun.......

have shot over 1000 rounds through it now without a hitch....

Myke_Hart
07-27-2012, 04:49
I think the XD is a very solid pistol.

I actually prefer my xd's over my glocks.

The trigger feels better to me.

Put it this way, I always replace the connector and plastic sights in my glocks. But have not made any modifications to any my xd's.:dunno:

mac66
07-29-2012, 08:02
Now i wouldn't have said that

:whistling:

in those words anyway

Should I have said bunch of "effin" retards? :supergrin:

F_G
07-29-2012, 14:34
Should I have said bunch of "effin" retards? :supergrin:You write well and are able to convey your message in an effective manner without having to resort to using the "R" word. Honestly, it makes you sound kind of.....well, you know.....

mac66
07-29-2012, 14:59
You write well and are able to convey your message in an effective manner without having to resort to using the "R" word. Honestly, it makes you sound kind of.....well, you know.....

It is an attempt at humor. It is not intended to offend those who are stricken with mental retardation. I apologize if you found it offensive.