City Officials Powers [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : City Officials Powers

whoflungdo
07-26-2012, 12:06
This is regarding two large city mayors that are trying to prevent Chick-Fil-A from opening locations in their cities because the owners do not support the Gay agenda and spend their money with organizations that do not support the Gay Agenda.

My question to you is:1) is the an abuse of power?
2) is it legal, ethical, Constitutional for them to do so? Why or WHy not.
3) if you say it is acceptable for them to do this, then what's the difference if they try to stop churches, synagogues, or mosques from coming into "their" city? Most Christian, Jewish and Muslim organization do not support the gay agenda and actively speak out against it. What's the difference.

truetopath
07-26-2012, 12:15
Well seeing as gay is the new black, and these cowardly mayors don't want to offend those who are light in their loafers. I think we're going to see a lot more of this bogus overreach of power.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Gundude
07-26-2012, 12:29
I don't oppose gay marriage in the least. That said:

What these mayors are doing is abhorrent. It is an abuse of power. It is unethical.

If they are blocking chick-fil-a where another fast food joint would be welcome, it is probably illegal.

callihan_44
07-26-2012, 13:06
If i was the ceo of chick I would get in front of a camera and say " i guess the city doesnt want the jobs or the tax revenue generated....I probably wouldnt want to place a business in unfriendly territory anyway.

Gundude
07-27-2012, 13:20
Looks like Bloomberg took those other mayors down a peg:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/nyc-mayor-disagrees-with-mayors-of-boston-chicago-san-francisco-in-chick-fil-a-debate/2012/07/27/gJQAtPMuDX_story.html

Who would've expected that from Bloomberg?

madbaumer
07-27-2012, 13:24
This attention to Chic-Filet A just proves that the best advertising is the one you got for free.

whoflungdo
07-27-2012, 13:25
Looks like Bloomberg took those other mayors down a peg:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/nyc-mayor-disagrees-with-mayors-of-boston-chicago-san-francisco-in-chick-fil-a-debate/2012/07/27/gJQAtPMuDX_story.html

Who would've expected that from Bloomberg?

I've finally found one thing Bloomberg and I agree on...

NEW YORK — New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg said Friday that despite his own support of same-sex marriage, he disagrees with some of his fellow mayors who have said that the fast-food chain Chick-fil-A is not welcome in their cities because of its opposition to gay marriage. Bloomberg said on his weekly radio show on WOR that it is inappropriate for a government entity “to look at somebody’s political views and decide whether or not they can live in the city, or operate a business in the city, or work for somebody in the city.”

countrygun
07-27-2012, 13:29
I've finally found one thing Bloomberg and I agree on...

I think the blind hog (Bloomberg) just found an acorn.

Gundude
07-27-2012, 14:06
This attention to Chic-Filet A just proves that the best advertising is the one you got for free.True. If we had 'em here in Nevada, I probably would've gone.

I wonder if God is forbidding them to set up shop in this sinful state... :devildance: