Judge upholds TN case involving man who lost permit to carry [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Judge upholds TN case involving man who lost permit to carry

TBO
07-26-2012, 12:16
Judge upholds Tennessee statute in case involving man who lost permit to carry firearm

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/104b428df9b74a32b1d1e95ac377a994/TN--Open-Carry

Chris Chris
07-26-2012, 12:34
Aggressive "in your face" activist fools like this make a great case AGAINST those of us who carry a concealed fiream without drama. The actions of people like this adversely impact those who carry responsiblity and discreetly. I agree with the judge.

BTW... walking around with a firearm in your hand, or exposed, would be considered "brandishing" in my home state of Florida. That is a 1st Degree Misdemeanor (6 months/$1000 fine). Don't know what laws in TN are, but common sense says keep it concealed.

p.d.
07-26-2012, 12:42
Alas, poor Lenny. We knew him well!

IndyGunFreak
07-26-2012, 12:45
I figured Leonard gave up on this one when he moved (at least I heard he moved... I was thinking to Georgia).. I guess he figured he still had hope of a payday, so it was worth the drive back.

Misty02
07-26-2012, 12:56
In his particular case, Iím glad. He worked very hard for his first arrest. Sometimes you just have to be glad a person succeeds and attains their goals.

Glockdude1
07-26-2012, 12:59
He was a member of GT at one time.

Glad he is gone!!

:supergrin:

glock_19guy1983
07-26-2012, 13:03
play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Mayhem like Me
07-26-2012, 13:25
yeah his screen name was something like

slowrthnmost..

Glockdude1
07-26-2012, 13:32
yeah his screen name was something like

slowrthnmost..

:rofl:

Mmmmmm, let me see, quick......:tongueout:

PEC-Memphis
07-26-2012, 13:32
BTW... walking around with a firearm in your hand, or exposed, would be considered "brandishing" in my home state of Florida. That is a 1st Degree Misdemeanor (6 months/$1000 fine). Don't know what laws in TN are, but common sense says keep it concealed.

Well, Embody found an old statute that stated that:

TCA 39-17-1314 allows cities to regulate firearms if their ordinances were in effect before April 8, 1986. The Belle Meade ordinance has been in effect for over 100 years.

Title 11 Chapter 6 part 602 is the ordinance which governs handgun carry in Belle Meade. Specifically states that the carry of pistols and revolvers is illegal "except the army or navy pistol which shall be carried openly in the hand."

He was trying to draw attention to himself under the guise of (apparently) complying with the letter of the law. It has been theorized that his intention was to get arrested unlawfully and then win the big lawsuit payout.

Tennessee has a "Handgun Carry Permit" (HCP) - concealment is not a requirement. A permit is required when carrying a handgun with intent to go armed (loaded & accessible), regardless of OC or CC.

Misty02
07-26-2012, 13:41
That was just one of his many attempts; there were others before it that didnít yield the desired results. IIRC he was no longer a GT member when he conjured that one up.

Well, Embody found an old statute that stated that:
TCA 39-17-1314 allows cities to regulate firearms if their ordinances were in effect before April 8, 1986. The Belle Meade ordinance has been in effect for over 100 years.

Title 11 Chapter 6 part 602 is the ordinance which governs handgun carry in Belle Meade. Specifically states that the carry of pistols and revolvers is illegal "except the army or navy pistol which shall be carried openly in the hand."
He was trying to draw attention to himself under the guise of (apparently) complying with the letter of the law. It has been theorized that his intention was to get arrested unlawfully and then win the big lawsuit payout.

Tennessee has a "Handgun Carry Permit" (HCP) - concealment is not a requirement. A permit is required when carrying a handgun with intent to go armed (loaded & accessible), regardless of OC or CC.

Mayhem like Me
07-26-2012, 13:50
Yeah we get to deal with him in GA now....whoopie..
He is posting on our local GA carry board...

RussP
07-26-2012, 13:59
Yeah we get to deal with him in GA now....whoopie..
He is posting on our local GA carry board...I thought he had been banned from all GA forums.

Mayhem like Me
07-26-2012, 14:06
I thought he had been banned from all GA forums.

I had seen him when he started and not followed up to see what shenanighans he has been up too.

You could be right..

RussP
07-26-2012, 16:54
I had seen him when he started and not followed up to see what shenanighans he has been up too.

You could be right..Are you talking about georgiapacking.org? He finally wore out his welcome there in October.

Mayhem like Me
07-26-2012, 17:15
Are you talking about georgiapacking.org? He finally wore out his welcome there in October.

yes I am and I did a search I see what you're talking about ..

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

beatcop
07-26-2012, 18:59
Ya gotta wonder what the whole picture is with these guys...work? rich, poor, mentally deficient, sane? Nice to be a hero, but at what cost? Get arrested for violation and loose your favorite right & hobby?

DustyJacket
07-26-2012, 19:13
I wonder how he will document this on his insane web site?

RussP
07-26-2012, 19:33
Ya gotta wonder what the whole picture is with these guys...work? rich, poor, mentally deficient, sane? Nice to be a hero, but at what cost? Get arrested for violation and loose your favorite right & hobby?Don't know about Leonard. He's somewhat morphed over the years from his piss-everyone-off days to now he has his own FFL business and cannot afford to screw up.

Go to his website terms page http://kwikrnu.com/terms.htm.

Scroll on down to the last paragraph. You'll like that...:rofl:

beatcop
07-26-2012, 20:12
http://kwikrnu.com/images/calvin%20piss%20on%20cops%20flag%20background.jpgIf you are a cop you do not qualify for the average person discount. Because cops do not qualify for the average person discount we charge them 3% on top of the average person discount advertised price.

Oh, that is sooo sweet of him.

Sam Spade
07-26-2012, 20:43

:devildance::banana::devildance:

RussP
07-26-2012, 21:01
Oh, that is sooo sweet of him.See, I knew you'd like that!!!!!! :cool:

NEOH212
07-27-2012, 04:04
Was this the same Jack Wagon that painted his AK pistol orange and walked through the park looking for a confrontation with police?

If so and either way, I'm glad the judge ruled against him. He is someone that doesn't need to be carrying a gun as he's proven he can't be responsible with a firearm and is a danger to others. This is a prime example of someone that forfeited their right to bear arms by being stupid!

Bren
07-27-2012, 04:24
Judge upholds Tennessee statute in case involving man who lost permit to carry firearm

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/104b428df9b74a32b1d1e95ac377a994/TN--Open-Carry

Good. :rofl: Embody worked hard to earn that result and he deserves what he asked for.

Don't know about Leonard. He's somewhat morphed over the years from his piss-everyone-off days to now he has his own FFL business and cannot afford to screw up.

Go to his website terms page http://kwikrnu.com/terms.htm.

Scroll on down to the last paragraph. You'll like that...:rofl:

Do you think a single person has EVER bought a gun from that guy's "business"?

HerrGlock
07-27-2012, 05:11
Was this the same Jack Wagon that painted his AK pistol orange and walked through the park looking for a confrontation with police?

Yup. Here's the first iteration of his Draco (note the airsoft tip)

http://ankylosaur.com/images/Radnor-Lake-gun.jpg

He put the tip on it so cops would be hesitant to shoot him thinking it's a toy.

That apparently wasn't enough so he spraypainted the whole thing blaze orange. Probably fit in well and was just about invisible anywhere around Knoxville, though.

HerrGlock
07-27-2012, 05:18
AHA! Found it. This is what it ended up looking like when he went walking around in the park with it over his back:

http://ankylosaur.com/images/orangeakpistol.jpg

RussP
07-27-2012, 06:14

If so and either way, I'm glad the judge ruled against him. He is someone that doesn't need to be carrying a gun as he's proven he can't be responsible with a firearm and is a danger to others. This is a prime example of someone that forfeited their right to bear arms by being stupid!Yes, he is, only the full orange paint job came after the walk in the park.

What he proves is that one individual can act in a manner others deem inappropriate, irresponsible and exhibit behavior considered dangerous to himself and others, yet still qualify for a Federal Firearms License.

When the State suspended his license, he set out on his punish-by-civil-litigation journey. When that did not achieve the success he expected, knowing he needed real damages to claim, he applied for a C&R license. When that was approved, he went for the FFL dealer. When that was approved, he applied for a Class III license. That appears to have been approved, he just hasn't paid his fee. He plans to in 2013.

It is funny. In his quest for damages supporting his litigation, he set up a business.

While doing all that, rather, he did all that while obtaining his nursing degree and his Tennessee nursing license.

It is harder to track his activities since his bannings. His last advertised foray was to be a visit to the Kentucky Legislature during this past session. Thanks to GT members in the Kentucky law enforcement family, his plans were well known to law enforcement in and around the Capitol. They were prepared. Funny, it was the, "What if you planned a party and no one came," thing. He never showed.

Perhaps, one day, he'll reapply for his license to carry. I and others have suggested he do that, but for now, no. At one time, he planned on setting up housekeeping in Georgia, getting a Georgia carry permit, and carrying in Tennessee under reciprocity.

His is quite the interesting case study.

HexHead
07-27-2012, 06:52
That article was full of misrepresentations. The Ranger at Radnor Lake didn't seize his gun, it was returned to him when he was allowed to leave. He broke no TN law. He also wasn't arrested during any of his stunts that led to interaction with police. It was the Belle Meade police that brought the complaint against him that got his HCP pulled for him being a possible danger to himself and others. Belle Meade also struck down the old law that he used to go armed.
Last April, I saw a website he had up. He's still using a Brentwood, TN address, said he had his FFL and was doing $10 transfers. And that if you wanted a Drago, he was the go to guy.

IndyGunFreak
07-27-2012, 09:51
He was trying to draw attention to himself under the guise of (apparently) complying with the letter of the law.

"apparently" lol. He said on numerous forums his goal was to get arrested so he could sue.

The sad thing is, the dude was pretty intelligent...to bad he was such a jackass.

beatcop
07-27-2012, 14:30
I wonder if he wants to go to a movie now too?

Bren
07-27-2012, 14:37
"apparently" lol. He said on numerous forums his goal was to get arrested so he could sue.

The sad thing is, the dude was pretty intelligent...to bad he was such a jackass.

If you mean, "he could read and write" I guess so, but from his antics, to his posts to his legal abilities to his web site for his FFL "business," it is VERY CLEAR that he isn't intelligent. You'd have to show me 3 test scores to convince me he has a triple-digit IQ.

I wonder if he wants to go to a movie now too?

It wouldn't surprise me and I'm not saying that in the usual, sarcastic, "wouldn't surprise me" way - I literally mean, if that article was in the news tomorrow, I'd say, yeah that sounds like what I'd expect, given what I've seen about and from this guy.

bigbluedodge
07-27-2012, 15:17
Why don't people like this guy understand that they are the biggest advertisement for the people that want to take away our guns? Once they start taking any of them away it will get worse and we will be where England is now where the cops that never carried guns and vest, now have to?:steamed:

Spiffums
07-27-2012, 16:07
AHA! Found it. This is what it ended up looking like when he went walking around in the park with it over his back:

http://ankylosaur.com/images/orangeakpistol.jpg

GO VOLS!!!!!! :rofl:

SgtScott31
05-26-2013, 00:03
Lost his appeal challenging TN law restricting firearm carry. Not that I'm surprised...

http://www.tncourts.gov/sites/default/files/embodyl_opn.pdf

Towards the end of the opinion the justices point out that the Heller & McDonald decisions did not change anything about the costitutionality of regulating firearm carry.

NEOH212
05-26-2013, 03:12
As far as that jack wagon goes,

Good riddance and see my signature line.

He got what he deserved and is lucky his encounters didn't have much more dire consequences.

NEOH212
05-26-2013, 03:13
play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Yes. That pretty much sums up my thoughts about him.

Bill Lumberg
05-26-2013, 06:21
I figured he'd driven his rusty civic to the loony bin by now. The guy isn't just foolish, he's full on mentally imbalanced.

Cubdriver
05-26-2013, 07:46

He got what he deserved and is lucky his encounters didn't have much more dire consequences.

Actually, you CAN fix stupid with duct tape - you just have to make sure that the seal it makes around the nose and mouth are complete, and wait a few minutes... :whistling:

-Pat

ChiefWPD
05-26-2013, 08:20
From his antics and writings it's pretty obvious the man has a personality disorder.

By the way, this thread was started last July...

G-34
05-26-2013, 09:14
"Open carry would have prevent........

Hahahaha what a doomahss

seanmac45
05-26-2013, 09:17
I'm glad the courts have upheld.............he is not the type of person who should be representing the law abiding CCW populace.

A6Gator
05-26-2013, 09:53
Embody, who is a licensed federal firearms dealer, wrote in an email to The Associated Press, "It is pretty ridiculous that I can sell machine guns, but that I can't carry a gun." :wow:

Not normally inclined to, but somebody ought to drop dime with BATF. I'm sure a microscope inspection of his colon will probably reveal a bunch of other stuff this moron has done.

Glad to see his permit was revoked for felony stupid.

RussP
05-26-2013, 09:54
Leonard blew this when he failed to challenge the original suspension.

However, that would have put all of his internet posts on the record, about 3" worth printed out.

Now according to him, they were altered, edited, or some even deleted on most every forum he was on, from which he was banned, which includes all of them.

One thing about Leonard, he's never met a mirror he didn't love...

RussP
05-26-2013, 10:02
:wow:

Not normally inclined to, but somebody ought to drop dime with BATF. I'm sure a microscope inspection of his colon will probably reveal a bunch of other stuff this moron has done.

Glad to see his permit was revoked for felony stupid.They know about him...Law enforcement in TN and the surrounding states know about him, especially Kentucky thanks to GT members in KY law enforcement. They had quite the welcoming committee ready for him during the last Kentucky legislative session.

The problem is, he stops just short of committing a crime, doing anything that would disqualify him.

Bill Lumberg
05-27-2013, 06:08
The funny thing is- he's full on homely. I'd think he'd be working on mirror avoidance strategies instead.
One thing about Leonard, he's never met a mirror he didn't love...

steveksux
05-27-2013, 13:51
Embody said he has valid carry permits in other states and is considering moving outside of Tennessee so that he could legally carry in Tennessee through reciprocity agreements.From the OP link (http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/7a27eaeec02e4f7f90a2f12f2482026e/TN--Open-Carry)

Looks like getting reciprocity agreements revoked is next on his agenda...

Randy

CigarandScotch
05-27-2013, 14:45

I dunno, I think you can, as long as you cover the nose and the mouth. Just sayin'...

p.d.
05-27-2013, 20:48
This is like a zombie thread, right? Or maybe the Energizer Bunny.

SgtScott31
05-30-2013, 09:53
I resurrected the thread because the opinion by the Court of Appeals was decided this past week.

TBO
05-30-2013, 12:49
I resurrected the thread because the opinion by the Court of Appeals was decided this past week.

Thank you.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta