Media Invents Story That Chick-fil-A President Condemned Gay Marriage [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Media Invents Story That Chick-fil-A President Condemned Gay Marriage

Agonizer
07-26-2012, 14:36
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/media-invents-story-chik-fil-head-condemned-gay-marriage_648913.html?page=2

series1811
07-26-2012, 16:11
Maybe Chic-fila is run by Jim Holmes, Tea Party Member, who may have killed a bunch of people.

If the MSM doesn't have an agenda they are trying to push, they sure make a lot of honest mistakes.

JFrame
07-26-2012, 17:18
Hmm...If they keep this up, I may have to make a concerted effort to include CFA in my dining repertoire...

UtahGlocker
07-26-2012, 17:40
I don't buy into the author's conclusions.

This is from the article's quote of the original interview cited from the Biblical Recorder that was carried by the Baptist Press:

Some have opposed the company’s support of the traditional family. “Well, guilty as charged,” said Cathy when asked about the company’s position. “We are very much supportive of the family — the biblical definition of the family unit. …

What family related topic have people opposed Cathy's position that doesn't involve gay marriage? Also, the term "traditional family" and "biblical definition of the family" are often used by the religious right to indicate opposition to same sex marriage families. I think that Dan may not have said "gay marriage", but his meaning was clear.

countrygun
07-26-2012, 17:47

This is from the article's quote of the original interview cited from the Biblical Recorder that was carried by the Baptist Press:

What family related topic have people opposed Cathy's position that doesn't involve gay marriage? Also, the term "traditional family" and "biblical definition of the family" are often used by the religious right to indicate opposition to same sex marriage families. I think that Dan may not have said "gay marriage", but his meaning was clear.

Some people have a different belief system than you.

Get a helmet

Cavalry Doc
Any chance he opposed civil unions????

Why not go there first?

Dexters

What size tin foil hat do you wear and is it single or double walled?

UtahGlocker
07-26-2012, 18:46
Any chance he opposed civil unions????

Why not go there first?

I'd start with anything if it didn't involve homosexual relationships, but I can't think of any. Can you?

Guss
07-26-2012, 20:00
I think the guy let his money do the talking. Didn't contribute to an anti-gay group for nothing.

Johnspark
07-26-2012, 20:31
Eat more chicken....from CFA!

I've made a point to eat there more often since this whole business started.

amd65
07-26-2012, 20:34
I won't spend a cent there. I know gay and lesbian couples...they deserve marriage equality.

Johnspark
07-26-2012, 20:36
I won't spend a cent there. I know gay and lesbian couples...they deserve marriage equality.

Sure, I have no problem with that.

See the difference?

ChuteTheMall
07-26-2012, 20:42

They have marraige equality, same as everyone else.
Obviously, a marraige is a union between a husband and wife. That's what it is, no matter who says what.
No law prevents homosexuals from getting married.

I ate there today, had the grilled chicken club sandwich with lettuce & tomatoes, the waffle fries, and real lemonade.:eat:

Cavalry Doc
07-26-2012, 20:42
I'd start with anything if it didn't involve homosexual relationships, but I can't think of any. Can you?

It's an old maneuver battle trick. Bypass the battles you don't want to fight, and move toward the objective.

Go for civil unions now, with all the bells and whistles (benefits) of marriage. Not nearly as much opposition, same end.

Dexters
07-26-2012, 20:51

So, what will you do since Obama has expressed the same position as CFA is accused of expressing?

countrygun
07-26-2012, 21:04
So, what will you do since Obama has expressed the same position as CFA is accused of expressing?

If we are lucky they will apply the same screwy logic and boycott the USA.

or stay home and not vote in the election.

Gunnut 45/454
07-26-2012, 21:46
Move along it's just more of the Gay agenda to surpress free speach . If you don't support gay marriage they will shut you down. I say **** em go eat somewhere's else if you don't like my politics! Don't want or need your money! I'll serve the other 97% of the population:supergrin:

cowboy1964
07-27-2012, 00:10
Yeah, he's actually really in favor of gay marriage. :upeyes:

G29Reload
07-27-2012, 00:12
Move along it's just more of the Gay agenda to surpress free speach . If you don't support gay marriage they will shut you down. I say **** em go eat somewhere's else if you don't like my politics! Don't want or need your money! I'll serve the other 97% of the population:supergrin:

YEp! At least when you go to CFA its one less place you have to put up with the flamers. They want to stay away, fine.

About time there's a place where no one bends over backwards (or bends over at all!) to kowtow to an obnoxious 3% of the population.

JBnTX
07-27-2012, 05:58
Either way, I'm still eating at Chick-fil-A.

:eat:

robertoh
07-27-2012, 07:57
C'mon now the MSM doesn't make things up,-----just ask Brian Ross.

All Pro Sports Hero
07-27-2012, 09:33
Driving out of my way to Chic-Fil-A for lunch today. :eat:

http://www.getreligion.org/wp-content/photos/2012/07/chick-fil-a-spicy-chicken-sandwich-300x211.jpeg (http://www.getreligion.org/wp-content/photos/2012/07/chick-fil-a-spicy-chicken-sandwich.jpeg)

series1811
07-27-2012, 09:59

People who will go along with those assumptions are definitely the new target audience of the MSM.

You don't have to say something that offends somebody to get roasted by the MSM and far left. They just have to assume you thought it, and that's close enough.