10mm reloading ? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 10mm reloading ?

donjose
07-26-2012, 16:32
When should I go to a 22lb spring and steel guide rod ?
I am wanting it to run and not choke as well...
Wanting to run 180gr @ 1300 and 165 @ 1400

Thank You
Jason

CanyonMan
07-26-2012, 17:22
When should I go to a 22lb spring and steel guide rod ?I am wanting it to run and not choke as well...
Wanting to run 180gr @ 1300 and 165 @ 1400

Thank You
Jason

Well looking at your desired loads.... Now would be a great time amigo ! ;)

I run them in my G20/G21/G29, whether I am running hot loads or not, and have NEVER , yes never, had an issue.

I use wolff springs and steel rod, but I really (for me) prefer the areo=Teck (sp) rod and ISMI springs, as the latter (springs) look like and act more like Glock OEM springs). To me, they seem to give best results.... BUT, nothing at all wrong with the wolff springs either. Both very good. I have just noticed some wear on the inside of the reciever channel when using wolff springs as that are round wound and a bit (for lack of better word) wiggly, than the just a tad more stable ISMI.

Again, neither is going to be a problem, and both work well, I just started with the ISMI and stayed with it in a "non captive" configuration, in the G20/G21, and the wolff duel steel rod and their springs fror the G29/G30.

You'll be glad you got 'em whatever you decide on.

Good Luck !

CM

WeeWilly
07-26-2012, 21:49
I agree with CM. I run captive 22lb and 24lb ISMI RSA's on my G20SF's and they will feed even middle weight 40S&W loads. I think the heavier spring helps keep the slide off the frame when running the hot stuff, albeit with noticably stronger felt recoil.