MKIII problems. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : MKIII problems.

Inebriated
07-26-2012, 21:09
I'm ready to throw this gun through the window. Bought it four hours ago... no rounds through it, no disassembly, nothing.

Now... Here is what's happening.
-magazine goes in fine until it get's to magazine release, then it meets a lot of resistance, and has to be tapped in. Removal requires a thin screwdriver to pull it down.

-no matter if there is a mag or not, the bolt comes back 3/4 way, there's resistance, and then with a hard pull, it goes back all the way.

-bolt gets stuck in rearward position, and can be pushed forward, as long as mag is out/bolt release is down.

-mainspring housing will move out about a quarter of an inch, then won't move at all.

I think that's all of it. I have no idea what's up. I'd like to be able to fix this without having to contact Ruger after only having it for a few hours. Any ideas?

Ironbar
07-26-2012, 22:11
Take it back to the store where you bought it??

Inebriated
07-26-2012, 22:16
I am, but I was wanting to get it going and see if I could avoid it. I've figured out what the problem is, but still can't fix it.

jack76590
07-26-2012, 23:40
I would call Ruger and ask for free mailer.

However, if you want to detail strip and reassemble, here is link. click on tech tips and then on to ruger mark III. Good luck.

http://www.ruger.com/resources/videos.html

Inebriated
07-31-2012, 14:12
Just got off the phone with Ruger, and they're going to take it back and get it going. I'll look at that link, in addition to the several other disassembly/assembly/operational resources I have now.

I will be damned if I have a gun that I don't know inside and out lol

jolly roger
08-02-2012, 20:08
I cannot fathom how they took a good pistol like a Mark II and butchered it up...just looked at a Mark III with threaded barrel and rail at my LGS the other day and the mag release did not work at all for some reason. Salesman said "really"? Oh well off to Ruger. I'll keep my Mark II Government Model thank you...

Inebriated
08-02-2012, 20:16
If the MKII had fit my hand at all, that's the route I would have taken, but that angle is just... it doesn't agree with me.

I hope they get me one that isn't plagued with issues.

vafish
08-03-2012, 14:43
If the MKII had fit my hand at all, that's the route I would have taken, but that angle is just... it doesn't agree with me.

I hope they get me one that isn't plagued with issues.

MKII and MKIII have the same grip angle.

Only difference in the grip is the location of the mag release.

The 22/45 has a different grip angle.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Mabo
08-03-2012, 14:49
I'm ready to throw this gun through the window. Bought it four hours ago... no rounds through it, no disassembly, nothing.

Now... Here is what's happening.
-magazine goes in fine until it get's to magazine release, then it meets a lot of resistance, and has to be tapped in. Removal requires a thin screwdriver to pull it down.

-no matter if there is a mag or not, the bolt comes back 3/4 way, there's resistance, and then with a hard pull, it goes back all the way.

-bolt gets stuck in rearward position, and can be pushed forward, as long as mag is out/bolt release is down.

-mainspring housing will move out about a quarter of an inch, then won't move at all.

I think that's all of it. I have no idea what's up. I'd like to be able to fix this without having to contact Ruger after only having it for a few hours. Any ideas?

Does the same thing happen with different magazines? If so you will probably have to send it back to Ruger, otherwise it could be an out of spec magazine.

toshbar
08-07-2012, 08:00
My bet is on the ejector hanging up the bolt. That's what happened to my MkIII 22/45. It happened before I ever fired the gun while I was taking it apart to remove the magazine disconnect, internal lock, and loaded chamber indicator. I had to file/bend the ejector so it wouldn't bind the bolt and since then it's had 10k+ rounds through it.