Bath Township Michigan Massacre [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Bath Township Michigan Massacre

DLEE25
07-26-2012, 21:24
I recently learned of this tragedy and it has reinforced my belief that no gun control law will deter anyone with true evil intent. I can't go into all the details, but you can look up the Bath Township massacre and read about it. In summary, was the single worst mass murder at a school in US history, even worse than Columbine. A lone maniac blew up a school and when the fire department showed up to put out the fire, he drove up in a car packed with explosives and killed himself as well as many others. A tragic and epic loss of life.

What fascinates me is that not one single "assault weapon" was used by this maniac. The year was 1927. In fact, at the time of the massacre, any private citizen could go to the nearest hardware store and legally purchase a Thompson sub-machine gun. Yet more lives were lost than in any one of these recent events that the media blames on semi automatic rifles and handguns.

The point is, evil people have plagued humanity for centuries. If they are motivated, they will carry out evil acts regardless of any laws created by man. The focus of the problem should be with the person who lit the fuse or pulled the trigger and not with the tools which he chooses to misuse.