An idea for Colt to pursue... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : An idea for Colt to pursue...

glock2740
07-27-2012, 09:24
Why not release a gun with their Tactical Package already applied? :dunno: They could call it the CTP (Colt Tactical Package) or something. Even though, I personally would like to see just the standard Colt roll marks on the slide, with possibly a CTP on the back of the slide aka the TRP. It would instantly rival the TRP and possibly get into the Valor's sales. Plenty of Colt fan boys would flock to it. Even smarter, would be to offer a Commander with the same options and with today's CC popularity, an Officer sized model would round the series off quite well. Those options on that package are the most sought out features anyway. They could make a railed version, for the true tactical buff too. They come with no FCS, so I think alot of people would prefer it to the TRP and since it says Colt on the side, it would steal some Valor buyers more than likely. No MIM parts or plastic MSH's or triggers would be a HUGE plus. They could/should put it in the TRP/Valor price range and you would have an instant winner IMO. Jus my .02, but if Colt reads this and steals my idea, the better send me a couple for my royalty fees. :rofl:

deadite
07-27-2012, 12:28
Good idea. They can do that right after my Commander Delta Elite.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

glock2740
07-27-2012, 13:01
Good idea. They can do that right after our Commander Delta Elites.

Fixed for ya. And I agree. :cool:

deadite
07-27-2012, 13:36
Ha, I assume they haven't gotten back to you yet?

R0CKETMAN
07-27-2012, 15:04
Pose it on tos and Brent may respond...

paul45
07-27-2012, 15:23
Sure, great idea.

BTW, FYI, Colt hasn't used plastic triggers for at least a decade

deadite
07-27-2012, 15:24
Pose it on tos and Brent may respond...

I PM'ed him about the Commander Delta and he said they couldn't do it now.

bac1023
07-27-2012, 15:42
Sounds like a good idea, Joe.

Tiro Fijo
07-27-2012, 17:52
FWIW, Colt has very few employees. As a matter of fact they only had a grand total of ONE revolversmith for repairs and he was past 70 and retired last I heard. The other one works only in the Custom Shop.

I agree that the Tactical would be a great option but until they get more trained people it's a pipe dream. As many of you know, you just can't pull Eddie Punchclock off the assembly line and make him a top shelf 1911 'smith. It takes not only years of training but also an inborn knack for it also IMO. Many think they have it, but few do.

brisk21
07-28-2012, 09:27
That is a GREAT idea!! Id probably have to bite on one of those. Especially if it was a series 70.

glock2740
07-28-2012, 10:50
FWIW, Colt has very few employees. As a matter of fact they only had a grand total of ONE revolversmith for repairs and he was past 70 and retired last I heard. The other one works only in the Custom Shop.

I agree that the Tactical would be a great option but until they get more trained people it's a pipe dream. As many of you know, you just can't pull Eddie Punchclock off the assembly line and make him a top shelf 1911 'smith. It takes not only years of training but also an inborn knack for it also IMO. Many think they have it, but few do.
If what you are saying is fact, then that's a very weak excuse on Colt's behalf. If Colt can't/won't hire qualified gunsmith's, and they are out there, then that sounds like a Colt problem to me. Sounds like who ever is running the show at Colt needs to have his ass fired. Not very business savvy IMO.

fnfalman
07-28-2012, 21:40
Better yet, maybe Colt or Colt Custom Shop can do a .38 Super Gold Cup.

Ruggles
07-28-2012, 22:17
Better yet, maybe Colt or Colt Custom Shop can do a .38 Super Gold Cup.

Nice ideal :)

glock2740
07-29-2012, 06:36
Well, it sounds like Colt will have to expand their gunsmith staff to keep up with the new $22.5 Million order that the Marines just put in. Now they can hire those extra guys to start cranking out those new "CTP's". :supergrin:

ca survivor
07-29-2012, 10:43
Well, it sounds like Colt will have to expand their gunsmith staff to keep up with the new $22.5 Million order that the Marines just put in. Now they can hire those extra guys to start cranking out those new "CTP's". :supergrin:
or what probably will happen is that it won't be any Colts for the commercial market until they finish the army contract.

deadite
07-29-2012, 11:10
I agree with Glock2740. Colt needs to step up. I'm a small business guy. If I thought there was a ready made market, I would break my back getting product into customers hands and cash in my bank.

Example, I contact Colt and tell them I'm ready to purchase a custom 1911 and they decline. I can't even imagine doing that in my business. Glock2740 contacts them requesting the same thing and they don't respond. They didn't put us on a list for the future like any number of custom shops. They decline.

I mean, really? How many great young gunsmiths would break their back to work at Colts custom shop?

glock2740
07-29-2012, 12:15
I agree with Glock2740. Colt needs to step up. I'm a small business guy. If I thought there was a ready made market, I would break my back getting product into customers hands and cash in my bank.

Example, I contact Colt and tell them I'm ready to purchase a custom 1911 and they decline. I can't even imagine doing that in my business. Glock2740 contacts them requesting the same thing and they don't respond. They didn't put us on a list for the future like any number of custom shops. They decline.

I mean, really? How many great young gunsmiths would break their back to work at Colts custom shop?

Post of the month. :number1: