Poll: Romney Takes Five-Point Lead [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Romney Takes Five-Point Lead

DOC44
07-27-2012, 15:13
Poll: Romney Takes Five-Point Lead

Whether the media and Barack Obama like it or not, Obama is losing and no juiced NBC poll is going to change that. Rasmussen should really change the name of its poll to The Poll The Media Pretends Doesn’t Exist! -- including the exclamation point, because to the media this poll is The Monster That Won’t Go Away!

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/07/27/Romney-takes-five-point-lead

Doc44

wjv
07-27-2012, 15:56
The NBC poll showing Obama ahead had something like 34% republican and 46% democrats in their mix of respondents. of course 'O' was going to be ahead in that poll.

pugman
07-27-2012, 16:05
If every Republican, conservative or whatever you want to call yourselves can find one Obama supporter and turn them....we will win.

I think I have two on the ropes of reality

Bren
07-27-2012, 16:17
If every Republican, conservative or whatever you want to call yourselves can find one Obama supporter and turn them....we will win.

Honestly, if we could just get the Republicans/conservatives/whatever to go to the polls and vote for the Republican candidate, instead of staying home or throwing away votes to "make a statement" we'd win. Obama's secret was to motivate and mobilize the housing project and gutter dwellers who don't usually vote. This time around, they will be ahrder to motivate, since they haven't been fed 8 ears of "the Republicans hate you and George Bush is trying to kill you" and they will no longer be "voting for the first black president." With those to factors out, a lot more of the ghetto dwellers and parolees will sleep in.

People staying home because "their vote doesn't matter" or voting for some wacky libertarian of indy candidate to "show the Republicans" is what will cost us the election.

Gundude
07-27-2012, 16:45
Poll: Romney Takes Five-Point Lead

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/07/27/Romney-takes-five-point-lead

Doc44Since Rasmussen is "one of the most respected and reliable pollsters out there", I went to his site, and saw these headlines:

Wisconsin: Obama 49%, Romney 46%
Michigan: Obama 48%, Romney 42%
Nevada: Obama 50%, Romney 45%
Pennsylvania: Obama 48%, Romney 44

You might want to re-cork those champagne bottles, just in case. I heard tell of something called an "electoral college"...

bear62
07-27-2012, 16:50
Wish Reagan was running..... but he's gone. I'm voting for Obama Lite...... But I'm afraid the real Obama will be with us four more years.....:faint:

We need to solidify the hold on the U.S. House ..... and hope for a possibly turnover in the U.S. Senate....

aircarver
07-27-2012, 18:53
Lamestream media run out of 'fudge factors' ? ....:upeyes:

Armchair Commando
07-27-2012, 19:05

I've converted 4 of them already and made 2 of them pro gun and i got the one girl to get a concealed carry permit. The other one is my weekly shooting partner and he just recently joins the nra, I've gotten 6 people at my work to take ccw classes too.
Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Harbour
07-27-2012, 19:49
People staying home because "their vote doesn't matter" or voting for some wacky libertarian of indy candidate to "show the Republicans" is what will cost us the election.

No, you have cost yourself the election, by allowing your Party to abdicate almost everything Reagan Republicans represented.

Browbeating or begging people to vote your way because the other guy is even more horrible than your guy......that's a dumb technique to try to win an election.

pugman
07-28-2012, 07:40
Honestly, if we could just get the Republicans/conservatives/whatever to go to the polls and vote for the Republican candidate, instead of staying home or throwing away votes to "make a statement" we'd win. Obama's secret was to motivate and mobilize the housing project and gutter dwellers who don't usually vote. This time around, they will be ahrder to motivate, since they haven't been fed 8 ears of "the Republicans hate you and George Bush is trying to kill you" and they will no longer be "voting for the first black president." With those to factors out, a lot more of the ghetto dwellers and parolees will sleep in.

I would take that too OR option #3.

Republican party produce a true conservative candidate. Provide those people you described above with someone they actually WANT to vote for not because its "against Obama" or "the lesser of two evils".

Then again, I compare voting today to buying a candy bar from the snack machine.

MARINE DIVISION TWO
07-28-2012, 07:45
It is a close race BUT after the debates Romney will take a strong lead,Obama cant use any telepromters and his Lies come forth on a daily basis ! Vote Romney 2012 !

jakebrake
07-28-2012, 09:16
i just really want to see the v.p. debates.

the only reaseon i would want to see chris christie as v.p. pick...picutre christie verses biden in a debate.

like a pirahna in a goldfish bowl:supergrin:

G29Reload
07-28-2012, 09:44
If we had an honest media out there, Obama wouldn't be much above 30%.

The story isn't getting out about his lawlessness.

TO vote for Obama, you have to like

unsecured borders, illegals flooding in.

Unemeployment over 8%, closer to 10 most of his administration, with real unemployment closer to 16%

A waste of another 7 trillion in debt since GWB left office,

Screwed up unfathomable socialized medicine that is terrifying employers and likely to bankrupt what's left of this nation

Disrespect for our country, world wide

offending our allies…in this hoopla over London and the olympics, I recall one of the first things he did was ship back the bust of winston Churchill to GB. What an ignoramus.

You have to like an EPA that's stifling regular energy, keeping gas prices high and murdering the coal industry.

This shouldnt even be close. Not even a debate about it. Impeachment proceedings should be underway. People should be in jail.

jakebrake
07-28-2012, 09:48
29, you forgot to mention arming criminal orginizations through the fast and furious program.

GAFinch
07-28-2012, 09:57
Wish Reagan was running..... but he's gone. I'm voting for Obama Lite...... But I'm afraid the real Obama will be with us four more years.....:faint:

We need to solidify the hold on the U.S. House ..... and hope for a possibly turnover in the U.S. Senate....

Reagan started his career as a California Democrat. Ron Paul and his followers criticized him just as much as they now do Romney, except now the exaggerated criticisms are amplified by the internet.

Turning over the Senate is very important and is being worked on somewhat under the radar. Keep in mind, though, that Republicans will have to carefully limit their agenda in order to prevent a voter backlash in 2014 that would give Congress back to Pelosi and Reid.

JFrame
07-28-2012, 10:44
As we have seen, elections can turn in a matter of weeks, let alone months. We can't view anything as preordained, either way.

At least one thing I see playing against Obama is that Romney is essentially an unknown quantity to at least 50 percent of the voting populace, if not more. Obama's campaign has been throwing the smear book at Romney, and the overall framework of voter preference has hardly shifted in that time. That's not a good sign for the Dems, who have had pretty much free rein to portray Romney in whatever narrative they choose to create (abetted by the overwhelming majority of a left-leaning MSM).

Cavalry Doc
07-28-2012, 10:57
Reagan started his career as a California Democrat. Ron Paul and his followers criticized him just as much as they now do Romney, except now the exaggerated criticisms are amplified by the internet.

Turning over the Senate is very important and is being worked on somewhat under the radar. Keep in mind, though, that Republicans will have to carefully limit their agenda in order to prevent a voter backlash in 2014 that would give Congress back to Pelosi and Reid.

A reminder of one of the few outright lies told by the paul campaign.

http://www.factcheck.org/2011/09/paul-stood-with-reagan-but-not-long/