Boston Mayor Backtracks on Chick-Fil-A [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Boston Mayor Backtracks on Chick-Fil-A

DOC44
07-27-2012, 15:24
Boston Mayor Backtracks on Chick-Fil-A

Eating crow is not as enjoyable as eating chicken.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/07/27/Boston-mayor-backtracks-on-chick-fil-a

Went to a local Chick-Fil-A today. Food was good and service was outstanding for fast food. White meat served by all white to all white.:dunno:

Doc44

snerd
07-27-2012, 16:32
Typical liberal, free speech for me but not for thee.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bf/ThomasMenino.jpg

Phaze5ive
07-27-2012, 18:15
Who'd figure you can't block a business from legally opening in your city...

At the same time, franchise owners aren't that happy with Cathy's comment either. Contrary to what some here may think, there are more Americans who support gay marriages than those who oppose it. Chic-fil-a may not feel the financial heat, but they aren't maximizing their profit either.

hogfish
07-27-2012, 18:28
He admitted he was wrong. I know many here don't believe that should be done (admitting to have been wrong), but not everyone is that stubborn.

:crying:

:supergrin:

G22Dude
07-27-2012, 20:23
He admitted he was wrong. I know many here don't believe that should be done (admitting to have been wrong), but not everyone is that stubborn.

:crying:

:supergrin:

The thought never should have escaped his rotten brain. When he entered office he swore to uphold the constitution. Nothing he said about this incident reflects those values

DOC44
07-27-2012, 20:51
Chick-fil-A boycott? You’re doing it wrong: Reports, photos show it is a total fail; Update: Sarah and Todd Palin join in

http://twitchy.com/2012/07/27/chick-fil-a-boycott-youre-doing-it-wrong-reports-photos-show-it-is-a-total-fail/

Doc44

ModGlock17
07-27-2012, 21:29

At the same time, franchise owners aren't that happy with Cathy's comment either. ....

Where did you get such summary of sentiment ??

Don't take this personal: I'm throwing the BS flag here!

Take it from a businessman: After vesting millions of dollars into a franchise location, no owner would be stupid enough to go on record and dis the franchise founder.

Secondly, Sunday's revenue would likely ranked 4th in the 7 day week. Chic closes on Sundays. This means unless you agree with their "value", you would not be a franchisee to begin with. Closing Sundays is a lot of revenue escaping your grasp.

Thirdly, I know many people in my community and the only reason they're not at Chic, is the long lines. Not anything else.

countrygun
07-27-2012, 22:02

Take it from a businessman: After vesting millions of dollars into a franchise location, no owner would be stupid enough to go on record and dis the franchise founder.

Secondly, Sunday's revenue would likely ranked 4th in the 7 day week. Chic closes on Sundays. This means unless you agree with their "value", you would not be a franchisee to begin with. Closing Sundays is a lot of revenue escaping your grasp.

Thirdly, I know many people in my community and the only reason they're not at Chic, is the long lines. Not anything else.

I smell the "stockyard odor" on that post as well.

Wishful thinking looks terrible against common sense, not to mention the lack of facts behind the wish.

Just1More
07-28-2012, 16:54
Who'd figure you can't block a business from legally opening in your city...

At the same time, franchise owners aren't that happy with Cathy's comment either. Contrary to what some here may think, there are more Americans who support gay marriages than those who oppose it. Chic-fil-a may not feel the financial heat, but they aren't maximizing their profit either.

Really? It's failed in every vote all over the country....including California.

Phaze5ive
07-28-2012, 17:12
Really? It's failed in every vote all over the country....including California.

Turn out at the polls. Opponents, who are usually much older, have a higher turn out rate.

Phaze5ive
07-28-2012, 17:21

I suppose I should have qualified it as "some franchise owners" aren't happy.

Do you think some of those franchise owners wouldn't open on Sundays, if possible? I doubt most of them are as religious as the Cathy's, if they're religious at all. Chic-fil-a is a money making machine, and for some, it's all about the bottom line.

countrygun
07-28-2012, 17:23
Turn out at the polls. Opponents, who are usually much older, have a higher turn out rate.

Grasp at straws much?

Phaze5ive
07-28-2012, 17:32
Grasp at straws much?

Why is that so hard to believe? The 2008 election shattered the record, and yet only had a 64% turn out rate. And that was a presidential election.

A lot of people, especially younger folks like myself, support gay marriage but don't actually go out and vote. But as far as polling goes:

An April Pew Research Center poll showed support for same-sex marriage at 47%, while opposition fell to an all-time low of 43%.

A May 8 Gallup Poll showed plurality support for same-sex marriage nationwide, with 50% in favor and 48% opposed.

A May 10 USA Today/Gallup Poll, taken one day after Barack Obama became the first sitting President to express support for same-sex marriage, showed 51% of Americans agreed with the President's endorsement.

A February 29 - March 3 NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll found 49% of adults supported allowing same-sex couples to marry, while 40% opposed.

A March survey by the Public Religion Research Institute found 52% of Americans supported allowing same-sex couples to marry, while 44% opposed.

A March 7-10 ABC News/Washington Post poll found 52% of adults thought it should be legal for same-sex couples to get married, while 42% disagreed and 5% were unsure.

A May 17-20 ABC News/Washington Post poll showed that 53% believe same-sex marriage should be legal, with only 39% opposed, a low-water mark for opposition in any national poll so far.

A May 22 NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll showed that 54% of Americans would support a law in their state making same-sex marriage legal, with 40% opposed (all 2012).

A June 6 CNN/ORC International poll showed that a majority of Americans support same-sex marriage being legalized at 54%, while 42% are opposed.

countrygun
07-28-2012, 17:44
Why is that so hard to believe?

If they don't vote it doesn't matter, what is so hard to believe about that?

Phaze5ive
07-28-2012, 18:08
If they don't vote it doesn't matter, what is so hard to believe about that?

That was never the original point, was it? The original point is that there are more people who support it. They may not support it at the ballot, but they may support it with their wallet.

In fact, Chic-fil-a may be antagonizing their self-proclaimed target demographic: "adult, more female, and with a higher level of education and income than the hamburger market. Customers have a more active lifestyle and are likely to be in white-collar jobs." According to studies, these are the same types of people who are more likely to support gay marriage.

countrygun
07-28-2012, 18:30
That was never the original point, was it? The original point is that there are more people who support it. They may not support it at the ballot, but they may support it with their wallet.

In fact, Chic-fil-a may be antagonizing their self-proclaimed target demographic: "adult, more female, and with a higher level of education and income than the hamburger market. Customers have a more active lifestyle and are likely to be in white-collar jobs." According to studies, these are the same types of people who are more likely to support gay marriage.

And yet again you seem to be ignoring the reports from the folks around here.

Let us just see if, in thirty days, the folks from the company want to release the sales data.

If it hasn't gone down or it it has gone up, do you think you could use your influence to get the LGBT folks to STFU for the good of their cause?