UN fails to reach deal on global arms trade treaty,as US asks for more time [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : UN fails to reach deal on global arms trade treaty,as US asks for more time

ERASER
07-27-2012, 17:26
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/07/27/un-fails-to-reach-deal-on-global-arms-trade-treaty-as-us-asks-for-more-time/

Sheepdog689
07-27-2012, 17:30
http://www.thegunmag.com/ccrkba-credits-grassroots-for-u-s-decision-to-not-sign-arms-treaty/#.UBLCh16q10s.facebook

whitebread
07-27-2012, 20:07
I am so glad this was not signed (for now?)...I literally had trouble sleeping last night with this deadline looming.

ponders
07-28-2012, 07:48
now what will happen when it gets re-written and swings back around full force, and then signed by you know who?

i for one am a little bit nervous.

what will the American people do then?:wow:

Jerry
07-28-2012, 12:48
now what will happen when it gets re-written and swings back around full force, and then signed by you know who?

I'm not nervous in the least. As long as we have a majority conservative congress there is nothing to fear. As long as the Democraps are afraid of us they will never sign it. Now if they were to sign its some will knuckle-under some won't.

Hey UN, why don't you kick this dog and see what happens. If I had my way the UN building would be torn down and they would all be sent packing. :wavey:

Gunnut 45/454
07-28-2012, 15:25
Jerry
Yep agree 100%! Remove the UN from US soil! This is the reason we can't allow the Usurper to stay in power! Cause the we need more time is really -we have to ensure Obamamoa is in power when it's signed!:steamed:

Jerry
07-28-2012, 17:04
Jerry
Yep agree 100%! Remove the UN from US soil! This is the reason we can't allow the Usurper to stay in power! Cause the we need more time is really -we have to ensure Obamamoa is in power when it's signed!:steamed:

My wife was speaking with an older Black lady working at a retail establishment. She told my wife she doesn't know anyone that is going to vote fore him "again".

Kingarthurhk
07-28-2012, 17:56

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-NWDlnellws4/TYPRd-zQ_RI/AAAAAAAAARM/oAd1llDPRsI/172-0727082413-Stamp_Image_UN_Blue_Helmet-1.jpg

ponders
07-29-2012, 08:47
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-NWDlnellws4/TYPRd-zQ_RI/AAAAAAAAARM/oAd1llDPRsI/172-0727082413-Stamp_Image_UN_Blue_Helmet-1.jpg

AMEN!!!!!!:yourock::rock::rock::50cal::50cal:

Jerry
07-29-2012, 11:35
Blue helmets make excellent targets. They show up very well at long distances. :rofl:

ERASER
07-29-2012, 17:23
As I understand it, the US (then Russia and China) didn't approve it because they supposedly need "more time". The US won't re-visit the issue until AFTER the elections.....this way they avoid a big dust-up which would seriously hurt the Dems and Obama in November. They WILL address the treaty early next year.
So, if Obama wins (and his "coat-tails" can give both houses of Congress to the Dems), it will be "full speed ahead". Who will stop it?

Jerry
07-29-2012, 18:51
So, if Obama wins (and his "coat-tails" can give both houses of Congress to the Dems), it will be "full speed ahead". Who will stop it?

Do you honestly believe the majority of Demorats and the Obomination are that stupid? Remember what happened last time they tried to take the guns from the American people? All that is needed is 3%. I believe we have much more armed and ready. They can't be that stupid.

GlockPistola
07-30-2012, 22:26
Here is the list of Senators who did not support this treaty. I guess McCain who could have been our President would have let us down on The Second Amendment as his name is not on the list.
http://gunowners.org/a72712.htm

NEOH212
07-30-2012, 23:14
How much do you want to bet that they try to impose it somehow without going through a formal process? :whistling:

GlockPistola
07-30-2012, 23:24
How much do you want to bet that they try to impose it somehow without going through a formal process? :whistling:

We have seen Dictator Obummer pull many sneaky, manipulative moves, so I don't think this issue is dead yet. We need to continue keeping our eye on it because it will come back in one form or another.

ERASER
07-31-2012, 06:55
Do you honestly believe the majority of Demorats and the Obomination are that stupid? Remember what happened last time they tried to take the guns from the American people? All that is needed is 3%. I believe we have much more armed and ready. They can't be that stupid.

Not necessarily stupid, but with the recent "gun-related" incidents, a lot of Americans will be exposed to more frequent calls for "common-sense gun control" from politicians and the mainstream media, there will be more people willing to ACCEPT limitations if those limitations "save just one life."

The majority of Americans don't want Obamacare, yet it was rammed through when Obama had Democrat control of both the House and the Senate. I recall the Democrats telling the Republicans that they weren't interested in their input....that they should go sit in a corner and be quiet ....since the Democrats had the votes to pass the ACA without any Republicans co-operatings.

All I am saying is that if Obama and the Democrats get the same control after November (plus he will be term-limited), then Gun Control (the Holy Grail of Democrat wish-lists) will be rammed through....and if they can do it easier by Treaty then they will.

I expect them to jump on The Dream Act and Tax-the-Rich as well.

Jerry
07-31-2012, 11:12
Not necessarily stupid, but with the recent "gun-related" incidents, a lot of Americans will be exposed to more frequent calls for "common-sense gun control" from politicians and the mainstream media, there will be more people willing to ACCEPT limitations if those limitations "save just one life."

The majority of Americans don't want Obamacare, yet it was rammed through when Obama had Democrat control of both the House and the Senate. I recall the Democrats telling the Republicans that they weren't interested in their input....that they should go sit in a corner and be quiet ....since the Democrats had the votes to pass the ACA without any Republicans co-operatings.

All I am saying is that if Obama and the Democrats get the same control after November (plus he will be term-limited), then Gun Control (the Holy Grail of Democrat wish-lists) will be rammed through....and if they can do it easier by Treaty then they will.

I expect them to jump on The Dream Act and Tax-the-Rich as well.

There are several states that are not recognizing/implementing Obomination-care. Could there be more "lack-of-commonsense gun laws passed? Possibly! But I doubt it. Would the Obomination get away with signing into law the UN's small arms treaty? I very seriously doubt it. The "Many" states would not accept it and it would be a very good way to start another revolution. The Obomination, while an arrogant narcissist, is not that stupid.