nano .40 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : nano .40

quichedem
07-27-2012, 17:33
I haven't been able to get a chance to call Beretta. Has anyone been able to find out when Beretta plans to release the Nano in .40? Do want.

jb1911
07-27-2012, 19:14
According to the word on the Beretta forum, Beretta says not till next year at the earliest. The way they are dragging their feet on bringing out accessories for the 9mm I don't think they will ever get around to the .40. I got so pissed I sold mine.

quichedem
07-27-2012, 20:10
Dragging their feet is right on. Especially since the pistol was designed around .40. What a rip-off.

agb
07-28-2012, 11:20
According to the word on the Beretta forum, Beretta says not till next year at the earliest. The way they are dragging their feet on bringing out accessories for the 9mm I don't think they will ever get around to the .40. I got so pissed I sold mine.

Pissed off and sold your 9mm because they didn't produce a .40?

Why then did you buy a 9mm in the first place? Because you had expected it to shoot .40?

I'd like to understand the logic of your statement.

Did you also sell your FORD 6 cylinder truck because FORD didn't make an 8 cylinder one?

And did you sell your 5 bedroom home because the builder of it refused to make an 8 bedroom home?

Did you also divorce your wife with the 36c cup size because the Creator didn't make one for you with a 38c?

NO INSULT INTENDED, really, just havin' fun with ya!

Kindly look at my post on the NANO if interested here:
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=19245403#post19245403

agb
07-28-2012, 11:27
Dragging their feet is right on. Especially since the pistol was designed around .40. What a rip-off.
How is not making a .40 cal. a ripoff on making a 9mm? Just curious.

Did you perhaps purchase a 9mm NANO thinking it will shoot a .40 cal?

Do you think the 9mm is not effective enough? Do you think the NANO is too large or too heavy?

Do you think that the NANO at $475 list is too expensive and the SOLO at $675 and the Kahr PM9 at a similar price is too cheap?

Do you think the latter two at about 60% higher price, shooting the same cartridge size, and having the same capacity more or less, are not ripoffs and the NANO is?

quichedem
07-28-2012, 12:19
How is not making a .40 cal. a ripoff on making a 9mm? Just curious.

Did you perhaps purchase a 9mm NANO thinking it will shoot a .40 cal?

Do you think the 9mm is not effective enough? Do you think the NANO is too large or too heavy?

Do you think that the NANO at $475 list is too expensive and the SOLO at $675 and the Kahr PM9 at a similar price is too cheap?

Do you think the latter two at about 60% higher price, shooting the same cartridge size, and having the same capacity more or less, are not ripoffs and the NANO is?

Easy does it, champ! I was saying "what a rip-off" as a figure of speech- as in Beretta released a pistol I want in a caliber I don't . I wasn't complaining about anything other than I want a nano, and they don't make it in .40. I wasn't the guy that bought it in 9mm and then sold it. Maybe you should have read a little more.
That being said, I like the nano, and I don't like Kahr. All my current pistols are in .40, and I don't feel like keeping multiple calibers around. The Nanos feel nice, and I think Beretta has a nice little arm in the Nano.

E.T.A.: We need a rule that junior members, with low post counts that don't bother to read threads, shouldn't be allowed to make replies to senior members' threads.

agb
07-28-2012, 15:23
For my misunderstanding your meaning. I think you must admit it had to be difficult to understand it in the context written.

What counts on any blog however, is not the frequency of the posts, most of which may be low quality in content, but rather, the quality that convey information of use to its members, senior or otherwise.

Have a great day Bro.

Added in EDIT: BTW, the .40 is the better cartridge, at least marginally. It'll give your hands a nice workout too.

Whilst I have a 9, when it comes out - well, a few months after? - I'll be buying one too! Just to have it. For a small pistol, even one as controllable as the NANO, the 9 for first release was a wise choice FOR MOST PEOPLE.

jb1911
07-28-2012, 17:08
Pissed off and sold your 9mm because they didn't produce a .40?

Why then did you buy a 9mm in the first place? Because you had expected it to shoot .40?

I'd like to understand the logic of your statement.

Did you also sell your FORD 6 cylinder truck because FORD didn't make an 8 cylinder one?

And did you sell your 5 bedroom home because the builder of it refused to make an 8 bedroom home?

Did you also divorce your wife with the 36c cup size because the Creator didn't make one for you with a 38c?

NO INSULT INTENDED, really, just havin' fun with ya!

Kindly look at my post on the NANO if interested here:
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=19245403#post19245403

Here's my original quote:

"According to the word on the Beretta forum, Beretta says not till next year at the earliest. The way they are dragging their feet on bringing out accessories for the 9mm I don't think they will ever get around to the .40. I got so pissed I sold mine"

I didn't sell the 9mm because they aren't releasing the .40, that would make little if any sense.

When the Nano came out last November I was one of the first suckers that bought one, this was before the FTE problems were known. They said the extended mag, night sights, etc. would be coming out early in 2012. It's almost August and nothing yet. That's not the only reason I sold it, I prefer my G26 and didn't really need 2 9mm pistols.

agb
07-29-2012, 08:41
Yo guys, don't want to ruin your day. I don't know what to make of this, not a fan of Jones and CO, but one cannot dismiss it either. Pls get this posted everywhere and let it take us to wherever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyfkQkchlu4&feature=player_embedded#!

JimCasey
08-25-2013, 14:54
Oh, Great-Thanks. I still want a Nano.40 and NOW I want some Hickok 45 PJs.

bac1023
08-26-2013, 07:34
I much prefer the 9mm in any platform. I could have had a Shield in 40, but went with the 9mm.

bac1023
08-26-2013, 07:34
Oh, Great-Thanks. I still want a Nano.40 and NOW I want some Hickok 45 PJs.

:rofl: