SIG P220 Carry SAS [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : SIG P220 Carry SAS

ProtectedByGlock
07-27-2012, 20:21
Anyone have one of these, or can provide some info? I Put one on layaway it will be my first SIG. It felt great in my hand, hopefully it shoots as good as it feels.

WoodenPlank
07-27-2012, 20:33
I have it's close cousin, the 229 SAS (Gen. 1), and I love it. I don't really see the benefit of the melt job on it, but I got a solid deal on the pistol, and it's now my main CCW handgun.

ProtectedByGlock
07-27-2012, 20:50
I have it's close cousin, the 229 SAS (Gen. 1), and I love it. I don't really see the benefit of the melt job on it, but I got a solid deal on the pistol, and it's now my main CCW handgun.
This one is a Gen 2, whats the differance in gens?

NEOH212
07-28-2012, 02:29
I haven't shot the Gen 2 yet but if it shoots anything like the Gen 1 I fired.....

:number1:

Good choice on a new gun!

:cool:

Beanie-Bean
07-28-2012, 06:41
Congrats! I've recently ordered a new P239 SAS Gen2 .357 SIG, and it is a very nice gun. It was my first SAS model, and I am hooked now!

cal45
07-28-2012, 07:25
This one is a Gen 2, whats the differance in gens?

I believe the 1st Gen SAS models were DA only w/o a decocker lever on the frame. The Gen 2 SAS models are DA/SA with the standard decocker lever on the frame.

MLittle
07-28-2012, 14:20
Anyone have one of these, or can provide some info? I Put one on layaway it will be my first SIG. It felt great in my hand, hopefully it shoots as good as it feels.

What questions do you have???

Sigs make great pistols.....I have 3 (P226 in 9mm, P220 Carry, P220 Carry SAS Gen 2. Have you shot da/sa pistols before? Did you get to shoot a Sig at a range before you bought one? From my experience, Sigs are very well made and very accurate firearms. If you've never shot a double action/single action trigger before, this will take some time to adjust to the transition from da to sa. What helped me a lot to increase my accuracy and to adjust to the da/sa transition was to do a lot of dry fire practice with the pistol. If you do this, you will want to use snap caps, or place an earplug between the hammer and firing pin. It won't damage your pistol to do a little dryfiring, but there's no point in possibly damaging your pistol by doing it. Your goal is to have little or very little movement in your sights when going from da to sa.

In any case, I think you made a good purchase decision and have fun at the range......