Oregon Man Sentenced to 30 Days in Jail -- for Collecting Rainwater on His [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Oregon Man Sentenced to 30 Days in Jail -- for Collecting Rainwater on His

zeke501
07-27-2012, 21:07
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/oregon-man-sentenced-30-days-jail-collecting-rainwater-his-property

(CNSNews.com) A rural Oregon man was sentenced Wednesday to 30 days in jail and over $1,500 in fines because he had three reservoirs on his property to collect and use rainwater.:upeyes:

janice6
07-27-2012, 21:22
Well! You can't let just anyone have water!

countrygun
07-27-2012, 21:24
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/oregon-man-sentenced-30-days-jail-collecting-rainwater-his-property

(CNSNews.com) – A rural Oregon man was sentenced Wednesday to 30 days in jail and over $1,500 in fines because he had three reservoirs on his property to collect and use rainwater.:upeyes:

That isn't too far from me and Oregon's water laws are a terrible tanged mess. Part of them were hijacked by the enviromentalists as was the ageny in charge and eventually you end up with AT LEAST 2 agencies or more when it comes to water issues.

a friend on mine is fighting it right now in regards to prospecting/mining. You can get a permit from one agency but if someone from the other ageny decides they don't like what you are doing they can claim it falls under their agencies domain and stop you.

I have a feeling that in the next coupple of years it is going to "come to a head" especially if unemployment remains a high as it is (coincidentally in the gold bearing areas) and gold prices stay high.

The farmers and miners are both getting hurt by the economy and the regulators, they may not be able to change the economy, but the regulators are expendable and the rules can be changed

DOC44
07-27-2012, 21:28
3 ponds

Doc44

Gunnut 45/454
07-27-2012, 21:31
zeke501
Next they will sic the EPA on him an claim all his land as wetlands ! He will loose cause the Government is king! Good luck in your fight buddy I sure hope you have deep pockets!:upeyes:

The Machinist
07-27-2012, 22:10
According to Oregon water laws, all water is publicly owned. Therefore, anyone who wants to store any type of water on their property must first obtain a permit from state water managers.
That's what they think. :whistling:

Guss
07-27-2012, 22:15
In Florida, they MAKE us build ponds to retain water. It keeps the water from flowing out to sea and it soaks into the ground to replenish the underground aquifer that gives us our drinking water.

teumessian_fox
07-27-2012, 22:43
Part of them were hijacked by the enviromentalists

Oregon has been turned into crap by kalifornians fleeing their own crappy state. Kalifornians have the sewage touch. Everything they touch turns to crap.

Just like kalifornia. Just like Washington State. Just like Colorado.

I used to hate our hot and humid summers (Oklahoma). But now I realize it keeps the kommifornians out.

smokeross
07-27-2012, 23:18
Oh No. Wonder if I could be in trouble for the rain barrels at my remote cabin. Guess I better start hand digging a well out there.

Big Mad Dawg
07-28-2012, 07:05
Oregon has been turned into crap by kalifornians fleeing their own crappy state. Kalifornians have the sewage touch. Everything they touch turns to crap.

Just like kalifornia. Just like Washington State. Just like Colorado.

I used to hate our hot and humid summers (Oklahoma). But now I realize it keeps the kommifornians out.

Its sad but this is facts I witnessed Washington state turn into little Californian and soon I will have to move my family out of Oregon:crying:. I think I will try Montana next or just go back to Wyoming.

Ringo S.
07-28-2012, 09:49
According to Oregon water laws, all water is publicly owned. Therefore, anyone who wants to store any type of water on their property must first obtain a permit from state water managers.

How long will be before they came up with idea, that air is even more "publicly owned"(it's everywhere!) and make the law and tax people for the right to breath? I think judge Roberts will be O.K. with it.

callihan_44
07-28-2012, 10:54
this will all come to a head one day, with the economy in shambles the smart people are becoming more self reliant....government doesnt like that....thank god here in the midwest there is still some common sense

countrygun
07-28-2012, 11:11
Oregons fight over water rights is more complicated than one might think and it goes way back in the 1800's when a sort of loophole in a "swamp reclaimation act" let one man claim vast tracts of land and attempts to prevent the wholesale hydraulic mining that raised havoc in CA.

Some of the laws were meant, and worked, back then to break the backs of a few who had twisted and abused the laws to claim huge amount of the State. Unfortunately the rules stayed on the books and are being used by environuts to harrass everyone who owns two acres or uses a gold pan on a stream

JFrame
07-28-2012, 11:19
Sounds like the term "The Left Coast" is steadily achieving realization in its totality.

countrygun
07-28-2012, 11:42
Sounds like the term "The Left Coast" is steadily achieving realization in its totality.

Sadly true. Oregon is basically run by 4 Counties. All 4 have been invaded and taken over by the infection

JFrame
07-28-2012, 11:49
Sadly true. Oregon is basically run by 4 Counties. All 4 have been invaded and taken over by the infection

It brings to mind the analogy of the swarms of locusts. Leftist doctrine feeds off of the producers, and when it has ravaged a region, moves on to riper pickings.

countrygun
07-28-2012, 11:57
It brings to mind the analogy of the swarms of locusts. Leftist doctrine feeds off of the producers, and when it has ravaged a region, moves on to riper pickings.

That is more apt than you know:crying:

The ideaology has sucked CA dry and they are looking for more hosts.

JFrame
07-28-2012, 11:58
That is more apt than you know:crying:

The ideaology has sucked CA dry and they are looking for more hosts.

Yup -- Texas, gird yourselves!

kirgi08
07-28-2012, 16:18
I pay taxes on my land,anything that falls on it is mine.'08.

JFrame
07-28-2012, 17:50
I pay taxes on my land,anything that falls on it is mine.'08.

Yeah -- the State laying claim to the water that happens to land on your property is just wrong.

countrygun
07-28-2012, 18:06
Yeah -- the State laying claim to the water that happens to land on your property is just wrong.

Like i said, it goes back to a time when "land barons" grabbed huge amounts of land, including the very headwaters of rivers and streams and could control all water from there down. In those days nobody thought of the law being used as it is today.

The libtard environazis got ahold of the law, put libtards in the agencies and libtard Judges on the Bench, and everyone else got screwed. The rural representatives to the State Senate, are outnumbered and out spent and the Governor (don't get me started on that putz) still has a veto.

I can't really speak about the "resistance" movement except to say "it's growing" faster every day.

GAFinch
07-28-2012, 20:32
Yup -- Texas, gird yourselves!

If you look at electoral maps, Texas is inching closer and closer to being a swing state. Liberals, Mexican immigrants, and New Orleans immigrants. Texas badly needs more oil wells and refineries to counteract them.

pugman
07-29-2012, 07:53
Does this mean if rain causes flooding, erosion and damage on my property the state needs to pay for it? I mean if its public water which causes the damage...?

kirgi08
07-29-2012, 08:40
Does this mean if rain causes flooding, erosion and damage on my property the state needs to pay for it? I mean if its public water which causes the damage...?

That's flipping the cards.'08. :woohoo:

svtpwnz
07-29-2012, 09:20

That is a very interesting thought and I would LOVE to hear their argument otherwise! :rofl:

JFrame
07-29-2012, 10:18
Like i said, it goes back to a time when "land barons" grabbed huge amounts of land, including the very headwaters of rivers and streams and could control all water from there down. In those days nobody thought of the law being used as it is today.

The libtard environazis got ahold of the law, put libtards in the agencies and libtard Judges on the Bench, and everyone else got screwed. The rural representatives to the State Senate, are outnumbered and out spent and the Governor (don't get me started on that putz) still has a veto.

I can't really speak about the "resistance" movement except to say "it's growing" faster every day.

Trust a leftist to twist and warp the intentions of laws. The fewer laws in the books, the better...

JFrame
07-29-2012, 10:28
If you look at electoral maps, Texas is inching closer and closer to being a swing state. Liberals, Mexican immigrants, and New Orleans immigrants. Texas badly needs more oil wells and refineries to counteract them.

I trust that the spirits of Sam Houston and William Travis still resonate in that fine state. :cool:

countrygun
07-29-2012, 10:29
Trust a leftist to twist and warp the intentions of laws. The fewer laws in the books, the better...

Well the law was needed in the 1800s for economic purposes if nothing else and no law can be written that can't be subverted and twisted. The trick is not to lose control of those interpreting he law.

JFrame
07-29-2012, 10:34

Someone needs to draft up that case. :supergrin:

JFrame
07-29-2012, 10:46
Well the law was needed in the 1800s for economic purposes if nothing else and no law can be written that can't be subverted and twisted. The trick is not to lose control of those interpreting he law.

Yeah -- with the profusion of unethical lawyers we have, the subversion of laws is how the progressives have made such inroads through the "legal system"...

kirgi08
07-29-2012, 10:50
J,you know this.'08.

countrygun
07-29-2012, 11:16
Yeah -- with the profusion of unethical lawyers we have, the subversion of laws is how the progressives have made such inroads through the "legal system"...

QFT....

Oregon is a textbook example. Laws that were meant to keep big mining operations from blasting down whole mountains with hydraulic "gaints" in the 1800s (see the movie "Pale Rider") have been twisted around by the Bunny Huggers to block guys with a shovel and a pan from prospecting.

Laws passed as late as the 1960's and 70's to keep chemical plants from dumping waste into rivers are being used to prevent prospectors from using a sluicebox because it makes the water muddy for 20 yards downstream.:upeyes:

Part of the "protection" of the earlier laws hinged on the definition of "Navigable waterway". Well they have gone and labled every trickle of dog pee a "navigable waterway" so they can add more controls to its use.

I have a stream running through the middle of my property.

for 5 miles, until it joins another stream, it is 6 feet across and 18" deep, between the rocks, in that 5 miles it drops 120 feet to sea level, it is full of alder trees and boulders, but it is a "Navigable Waterway":upeyes:

JFrame
07-29-2012, 11:57
QFT....

Oregon is a textbook example. Laws that were meant to keep big mining operations from blasting down whole mountains with hydraulic "gaints" in the 1800s (see the movie "Pale Rider") have been twisted around by the Bunny Huggers to block guys with a shovel and a pan from prospecting.

Laws passed as late as the 1960's and 70's to keep chemical plants from dumping waste into rivers are being used to prevent prospectors from using a sluicebox because it makes the water muddy for 20 yards downstream.:upeyes:

Part of the "protection" of the earlier laws hinged on the definition of "Navigable waterway". Well they have gone and labled every trickle of dog pee a "navigable waterway" so they can add more controls to its use.

I have a stream running through the middle of my property.

for 5 miles, until it joins another stream, it is 6 feet across and 18" deep, between the rocks, in that 5 miles it drops 120 feet to sea level, it is full of alder trees and boulders, but it is a "Navigable Waterway":upeyes:

This would all make for hilarious satire if it weren't so horribly and pathetically real...

ETA: The inception of rampant statist control over every aspect of our lives corresponds with the death of common sense in this country. As "zero tolerance" has become the catch word, it has removed any opportunity for exercising mature judgment. Ergo, we have a child being suspended from school for violating the "No Drugs" policy by giving a friend an aspirin, or another child being suspended for having a lethal weapon (a butter knife) in her lunch bag to slice her sandwich.

countrygun
07-29-2012, 12:05
THIS is a

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee518/CountryG/100_0408.jpg

"Navigable Waterway"

JFrame
07-29-2012, 12:08
THIS is a

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee518/CountryG/100_0408.jpg

"Navigable Waterway"

http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/facepalm.gif

Build some locks and charge passage -- of course, honor mandates that you charge half-price for children, and waive fees for babies.

countrygun
07-29-2012, 12:12
http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/facepalm.gif

Build some locks and charge passage -- of course, honor mandates that you charge half-price for children, and waive fees for babies.

Oh, no,no,no I can't to anything to or in the creek that would hinder navigation

JFrame
07-29-2012, 12:17
Oh, no,no,no I can't to anything to or in the creek that would hinder navigation

:rofl::rofl: