Olympic opening ceremony tainted by leftist political idealogy [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Olympic opening ceremony tainted by leftist political idealogy

cowboy1964
07-28-2012, 01:49
IMO.

The NHS?? Really? The reason Brits get crappy health service and the main reason they are more in debt than almost anyone?

Really?

Fred Hansen
07-28-2012, 02:45
You expected something different from Londonistan?

snerd
07-28-2012, 04:14
I couldn't believe my eyes! Celebrating socialized healthcare! And the children are indoctrinated into it from an early age by linking it to children's literature no less!!

eracer
07-28-2012, 04:17
It was tainted by extreme gayness.

(And I'm one of the hated who fully support personal liberty, and the right of consenting adults to do whatever they want in the privacy of their own homes.)

But that gayfest was too gay to watch.

Hyksos
07-28-2012, 05:30
Well, I don't know. The healthcare thing was stupid. Look kids! Socialized medicine and nightmares go hand in hand! I was saying to myself the whole time "where's the part about waiting in line for care and being turned down because the state doesn't think your chances of making it are "worth it," financially.

I was more curious about what the British taxpayer felt about their doctors/nurses spending all that time preparing for the Olympics when they could have been helping people. Also, I think it was a little insensitive to use kids in hospital beds who seemed to be just fine. Maybe those children were real patients at hospitals, but I doubt it. They were jumping around and laughing and seemed to be fine.

The music part was pretty stupid too. I understand that Britain is a pretty multicultural place now, but I don't understand the part with two black/dark skinned 'Brits' falling in love over a lost cell phone. I guess it could be looked at as proof of the evolution of the nation's racial composition, but still . . .

GAFinch
07-28-2012, 07:59
It was tainted by extreme gayness.

(And I'm one of the hated who fully support personal liberty, and the right of consenting adults to do whatever they want in the privacy of their own homes.)

But that gayfest was too gay to watch.

Kinda like the Super Bowl halftime show?

Paul7
07-28-2012, 08:02
You forgot the stupid rap music. And the poor Queen had to sit through that.

eracer
07-28-2012, 08:14
Kinda like the Super Bowl halftime show?I was drinking tequila at the time and have no recollection of that.

The Machinist
07-28-2012, 09:17
abomination

[uh-bom-uh-ney-shuhn]   Example Sentences (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/abomination?s=t#exsenttop) Origin (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/abomination?s=t#wordorgtop)
a·bom·i·na·tion

noun

1. anything abominable (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/abominable); anything greatly disliked or abhorred.

2. London 2012 Olympics opening ceremony.

JFrame
07-28-2012, 11:30
I'm glad I "missed" it.

Booker
07-28-2012, 11:33
IMO.

The NHS?? Really? The reason Brits get crappy health service and the main reason they are more in debt than almost anyone?

Really?

People who live in glass houses.......:upeyes:

chickenwing
07-28-2012, 11:36
China's opening ceremony was better.

fortyofforty
07-28-2012, 14:02
China's opening ceremony was better.

I did think China's was more tasteful. As creepy and threatening as it was, it did convey the dignity and power of the host nation.

As for London last night, this once proud nation once held sway over half the planet. Now this. Really, we need a comedian doing stupid sight gags during a classical musical performance? Why, because the music can't hold our interest so we have to watch somebody wipe his nose? Are we five? It was a national embarrassment.

cowboy1964
07-28-2012, 17:16
I thought the whole "industrial revolution" thing with the smokestacks was pretty surprising though. It was like what a show would be like if Rush Limbaugh produced it. :rofl:

The rings flying together was pretty cool.

Fracball
07-28-2012, 19:12
it doesn't help that england is also paralyzed by political correctness

Ruggles
07-28-2012, 19:28
I thought there were a number of good parts, and some not so good ones. I did not think it was a disaster by any means. The Chinese one was flashier but this one felt to have more character to it. Not sure how you show the contributions of the U.K. to world development thru out history in this type of format but they did a pretty good job IMO.

I could care less that they highlighted NHS as it is there country and they are proud of it. I can't really slam someone for bragging about taking care of sick kids to the world on this type of showcase. I would not consider it ideology, our current medical care debate in the U.S. has little impact on what they did with their ceremony IMO.

I think they did a pretty good job of showing both negative and positive aspects of their history.

I hope the London games kick the crap of of the Chinese hosted one myself :)

samurairabbi
07-28-2012, 19:36
The funny thing about the "celebration" of NHS: EVERYONE in England who has some money or a good collective bargaining contract at work bails out of NHS! England is NOT a single-payer state, so someone can go for private medical care if he can pay for it. The first thing a capable physician does when people recognize quality is to become non-NHS. The Olympic opening celebrated a concept of quality that no longer exists.

Ruggles
07-28-2012, 19:49
The funny thing about the "celebration" of NHS: EVERYONE in England who has some money or a good collective bargaining contract at work bails out of NHS! England is NOT a single-payer state, so someone can go for private medical care if he can pay for it. The first thing a capable physician does when people recognize quality is to become non-NHS. The Olympic opening celebrated a concept of quality that no longer exists.

Well honestly they were celebrating the inception of the NHS and the impact that had culturally IMO, the uniforms and clothing they were wearing indicated that to me at least. The presentation of the whole ceremony was based around the history as opposed tot he modern.

I certainly do not want a NHS here but I do not think that feeling is in conflict with me enjoying the opening ceremony.

LASTRESORT20
07-28-2012, 21:11
I thought the whole "industrial revolution" thing with the smokestacks was pretty surprising though. It was like what a show would be like if Rush Limbaugh produced it. :rofl:

The rings flying together was pretty cool.

Berry `produces` a "show" every day....At Least Rush`s show is for "educated" Adults....but the Lemmings dont want to talk about dear leader:supergrin: