NRA Stops U.N. Arms Trade Treaty [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : NRA Stops U.N. Arms Trade Treaty

BLACKMAGICK
07-28-2012, 02:17
July 27, 2012

The NRA working with our allies in Congress successfully assembled strong bipartisan opposition to any treaty that adversely impacts the Second Amendment. On two occasions the NRA was successful in convincing a majority of the U.S. Senate to sign letters to President Obama that made it clear that any treaty that included civilian arms was not going to be ratified by the U.S. Senate.

http://www.nraila.org/224417

callihan_44
07-28-2012, 10:57
good deal

JFrame
07-28-2012, 11:26
good deal

+1

I trust that, somewhere, President Heston is smiling.

cowboy1964
07-28-2012, 17:17
Well that was anticlimactic! Guess I lost all my firearms in Lake Erie for nothing :crying:

Agonizer
07-28-2012, 17:26
Thank God, but I believe they will never give up on this.

Bring_it!
07-28-2012, 17:30
+1

I trust that, somewhere, President Heston is smiling.

From his grave came "my cold dead hands." No parsing of words, on where he stood.
Now, if we could implant spines in Washington.:whistling:

Bring_it!
07-28-2012, 17:31
Thank God, but I believe they will never give up on this.

Yep, it will be back in some form.:steamed:

stopatrain
07-28-2012, 17:58
Good news

ERASER
07-28-2012, 18:20
As I understand it, the US (then Russia and China) didn't approve it because they supposedly need "more time". The US won't re-visit the issue until AFTER the elections.....this way they avoid a big dust-up which would seriously hurt the Dems and Obama in November. They WILL address the treaty early next year.
So, if Obama wins (and his "coat-tails" can give both houses of Congress to the Dems), it will be "full speed ahead". Who will stop it?

G19G20
07-29-2012, 16:47
LOL@NRA. Always takes credit for "victories" and never takes heat for "losses". Must be nice. Keep sending those checks folks!

itstime
07-29-2012, 16:50
Good news for sure. Keep up the good work NRA.

jakebrake
07-29-2012, 17:58
LOL@NRA. Always takes credit for "victories" and never takes heat for "losses". Must be nice. Keep sending those checks folks!

don't you have to send ron paul your last dime?

i'm sure he can get elected...right after all other candiates are abducted by aliens.

G19G20
07-29-2012, 18:08
don't you have to send ron paul your last dime?

i'm sure he can get elected...right after all other candiates are abducted by aliens.

Huh? This is an NRA thread. Stay on topic and next time don't forget your Paul Derangement Syndrome meds before bed.

jakebrake
07-29-2012, 18:13
Huh? This is an NRA thread. Stay on topic and next time don't forget your Paul Derangement Syndrome meds before bed.

no, time out... you slammed the nra for taking credit for a win, and said to keep sending them checks. how are you any different with your ron paul worship?

the nra has a track record. why are nra fans supposed to not praise them for a possible win?

if you want to come after me personally, go right ahead. i'm sure that living in your mom's basement wishing you could have ron pauls lovechild will work out well for you.

re-read what you posted.

G19G20
07-29-2012, 18:31
no, time out... you slammed the nra for taking credit for a win, and said to keep sending them checks. how are you any different with your ron paul worship?

the nra has a track record. why are nra fans supposed to not praise them for a possible win?

if you want to come after me personally, go right ahead. i'm sure that living in your mom's basement wishing you could have ron pauls lovechild will work out well for you.

re-read what you posted.

Maybe take a double dose of those meds. This thread has nothing to do with Paul and petty personal attacks only make you look...well, petty.

Ask folks like Bill Atkins and David Olofson how helpful the NRA is at protecting gun owners and members when they need it. They collect the checks, then disappear when help is actually needed. Grassroots pressure is what got the Treaty temporarily halted, not the mega-lobbyist NRA. The NRA loves to claim credit for the victories but disappears when gun control does move forward or gun owners get shafted by the feds.

Bring_it!
07-29-2012, 18:35
As I understand it, the US (then Russia and China) didn't approve it because they supposedly need "more time".

Russia will never sign. China might, but will ignore it and continue to sell anything to most anyone.:whistling:

coastal4974
07-29-2012, 19:01
All this means is the Obama will be that much more busy with his parting executive orders before he returns to his job as a Marxist street thug in January.

jakebrake
07-29-2012, 19:24
here's an idea. since it appears you can present facts without being insultive. since it appears when someone attack what you believe in, how you react,you may rememeber that in the future.

since obviously, everyone who posted in the thread believes in the n.r.a., you should remember that fact.

seems fair. cause having someone attack ad hom just isn't very nice, is it?

humanguerrilla
07-30-2012, 00:24
State has already signaled their support for a second round of negotiations next year, after the election.

G19G20
07-31-2012, 01:45
here's an idea. since it appears you can present facts without being insultive. since it appears when someone attack what you believe in, how you react,you may rememeber that in the future.

since obviously, everyone who posted in the thread believes in the n.r.a., you should remember that fact.

seems fair. cause having someone attack ad hom just isn't very nice, is it?

Feel free to point out whatever I said that was untrue and Ill be happy to debate it with you.

Actually what my post said was that YOU, the grassroots, stopped the Treaty from passing, not some lobbyist in DC. Weird how I can compliment people without them even knowing it. You should be saying yeah F the NRA, I stopped that by calling my Senator and making my opinion as a constituent known.

Ruble Noon
07-31-2012, 03:56
As I understand it, the US (then Russia and China) didn't approve it because they supposedly need "more time". The US won't re-visit the issue until AFTER the elections.....this way they avoid a big dust-up which would seriously hurt the Dems and Obama in November. They WILL address the treaty early next year.
So, if Obama wins (and his "coat-tails" can give both houses of Congress to the Dems), it will be "full speed ahead". Who will stop it?

You are correct.

UN Arms Treaty: Obama Defers Decision Until After the Election

http://teapartyeconomist.com/2012/07/30/un-arms-treaty-obama-defers-decision-unitil-after-the-election/

Gundude
07-31-2012, 10:15
So, if Obama wins (and his "coat-tails" can give both houses of Congress to the Dems), it will be "full speed ahead". Who will stop it?Same people who stopped it this year: Senators.