Myanmar unrest leaves 'more than 80 dead' [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Myanmar unrest leaves 'more than 80 dead'

Ringo S.
07-28-2012, 10:01
http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent/2/9/45745/World/International/Myanmar-unrest-leaves-more-than--dead.aspx

"...About 71 people have died in more than a week of clashes, the official said, in addition to 10 Muslims killed on June 3 by a Buddhist mob seeking revenge for the rape and murder of a local woman -- the apparent spark for the unrest..."
---
I guess, when you able to piss of BUDDHISTS... maybe you really went too far? :scared:

Cavalry Doc
07-28-2012, 10:33
:shocked:

Well, you have to realize, to a muslim, it's not rape if you are having sex with an infidel woman against her will. Even if you have to beat her to death to have intercourse with her.

Ringo S.
07-28-2012, 11:07
:shocked:

Well, you have to realize, to a muslim, it's not rape if you are having sex with an infidel woman against her will. Even if you have to beat her to death to have intercourse with her.
I know! And we have to respect cultural traditions of all kinds.
i just have difficulties to chose right side in this particular situation and not to be offensive to any cultural traditions...:cool:

JFrame
07-28-2012, 11:24
I guess, when you able to piss of BUDDHISTS... maybe you really went too far? :scared:

The conflict seems to be as much ethnic as it is religious -- but I have to admit that the thought above also occurred to me. You're going a ways when you're able to inflame a bunch of Buddhists to deadly violence.

aircarver
07-28-2012, 11:26
'unrest' is such a gentle word ....:shocked:

MZBKA
07-28-2012, 13:16
Sad, but that the news of this has reached us is a sign of how much more liberalized Burma over the last 3 years has become.