GSSF Purchase -- decontented LE Kit? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : GSSF Purchase -- decontented LE Kit?

WheelGunFan
07-28-2012, 14:59
I found a LGS that does honor GSSF purchases.

As I was talking to the LGS, he started to remove items from the LE kit (his term).

For example, the LE kit has 3 mags, he said I only get 2 and I can pay normal price for the 3rd. There was a cleaning kit, he removed that as well. There was some other misc stuff I could care less about and then the LE Kit did not have a gun lock which he said he would get for me which is required in CT.

I ended up not purchasing it today because I wanted to ask if this makes sense. I can understand if it does, I just want to make sure he was not taking content out for no reason.

BamaTrooper
07-28-2012, 15:30
I think all 4th gen guns come with 3 mags.

glock_19guy1983
07-28-2012, 15:57
I would ask the man if he wants to lose a gun sale over a magazine and a few accessories and go from there. Be ready to walk out the door if he says yes.

michael e
07-28-2012, 16:03
How many other options are around you? I wouldn't buy from someone that is removing items so he can sell them and make more.

SARDG
07-28-2012, 16:16

As I was talking to the LGS, he started to remove items from the LE kit (his term).

For example, the LE kit has 3 mags, he said I only get 2 and I can pay normal price for the 3rd. There was a cleaning kit, he removed that as well. There was some other misc stuff I could care less about and then the LE Kit did not have a gun lock which he said he would get for me which is required in CT.

I ended up not purchasing it today because I wanted to ask if this makes sense. I can understand if it does, I just want to make sure he was not taking content out for no reason.
No such thing as an LE Kit. Sounds like a grossly dishonest dealer. All Glocks I've ever seen come with locks. All Gen4s come with 3 mags, All Blue Label Gen3 (except subcompacts) come with 3 mags. The "cleaning kit" is a plastic rod and a nylon brush and comes with all Glocks.

Use your own discretion - but I would run, not walk away, and then report them to Glock Inc.

ETA: You said 'honors' GSSF purchases. Doesn't seem like honor is in that LGS's business model anywhere.

WheelGunFan
07-28-2012, 16:57
How many other options are around you? I wouldn't buy from someone that is removing items so he can sell them and make more.

Zero, he is the only one in the state. I would have to purchase some place online

WheelGunFan
07-28-2012, 16:57
No such thing as an LE Kit. Sounds like a grossly dishonest dealer. All Glocks I've ever seen come with locks. All Gen4s come with 3 mags, All Blue Label Gen3 (except subcompacts) come with 3 mags. The "cleaning kit" is a plastic rod and a nylon brush and comes with all Glocks.

Use your own discretion - but I would run, not walk away, and then report them to Glock Inc.

ETA: You said 'honors' GSSF purchases. Doesn't seem like honor is in that LGS's business model anywhere.

Yeah, I felt it was wrong which is why I walked away....now I know. Thanks!

WheelGunFan
07-28-2012, 16:58
I would ask the man if he wants to lose a gun sale over a magazine and a few accessories and go from there. Be ready to walk out the door if he says yes.

Safe to say, he has already lost the sale!

WheelGunFan
07-28-2012, 16:59
Thanks for all the replies, glad I asked!

Any recommendation for an online source?

uc1twinbee
07-28-2012, 17:40
Try ed's and see if they can ship to a gun shop near you!

http://www.edspublicsafety.com/index.html

misunderestimated
07-28-2012, 18:30

This is why the LGS will disappear and we will be left with only ffl to process our paper work. Now is the time for them to increase there service to there customers,I mean to take the brush and rod out of the kit puts no money in the LGS pocket it serves no purpose except to intentionally screw the end user of the product, that was a resentful sales person, I mean how petty can you get to remove the brush. He is probably the same guy telling customers how if they are not purchasing a 45 caliber 1911 they are putting there family in jeopardy

Again sorry for your troubles I wish there was an easier way for Glock to administer this program

DannyR
07-28-2012, 18:41
Ed's does not ship new Glocks to Connecticut.

bustedknee
07-28-2012, 21:49
This is why the LGS will disappear and we will be left with only ffl to process our paper work. Now is the time for them to increase there service to there customers,I mean to take the brush and rod out of the kit puts no money in the LGS pocket it serves no purpose except to intentionally screw the end user of the product, that was a resentful sales person, I mean how petty can you get to remove the brush. He is probably the same guy telling customers how if they are not purchasing a 45 caliber 1911 they are putting there family in jeopardy

Again sorry for your troubles I wish there was an easier way for Glock to administer this program

And after his business fails he will blame Walmart for undercutting his prices and people like you for not supporting him.

Myke_Hart
07-29-2012, 05:23
Make sure you call the GSSF and let them know about this.

LGS could loose thier ability to sell new Glocks if this is against the rules. - Which I do believe it is.

My GSSF purchase came with all its parts, and it was a blue label gun. Edit: This was Jan of 2012

WheelGunFan
07-29-2012, 13:54
Ed's does not ship new Glocks to Connecticut.

Sucks for me!

WheelGunFan
07-29-2012, 13:55
Make sure you call the GSSF and let them know about this.

LGS could loose thier ability to sell new Glocks if this is against the rules. - Which I do believe it is.

My GSSF purchase came with all its parts, and it was a blue label gun.

I plan on speaking with the owner of the LGS first, then I will call GSSF and hopefully I can speak to a regional sales manager worst case.

RustyFN
07-29-2012, 17:15

He sounds like a crook to me. When I got mine I got everything that came in the kit.

PM720
07-29-2012, 17:36
Sounds like he is taking sales tips from those NY camera sellers that discount but strip the box of all accessories and then charge you extra for them. :steamed:

Scott

Njanear
07-29-2012, 18:26
If he had only taken the 1 mag out, I would almost say that was because he was thinking about the old GSSF program (when they only gave you 2 mags per the agreement) BUT when you said he started taking the cleaning rod and brush out, that leads me to believe that (a) he was using some version of the old program and got confused, or (b) he is a swindler that needs to be avoided at all cost. Just my thoughts... :dunno:

Paul53
07-30-2012, 00:44
If he's the only dealer in CT, it's no loss to you to take your business elsewhere. It might be a temporary inconvenience, but in the long run you're better off. I hear great things about GSSF and suspect they'll help you a lot.

mgentry
07-30-2012, 15:15
I've made two purchases in three years with this program and everything that came with the blue label box is what I got - 3 mags, the cleaning kit and reloader .... Sounds like the dealer may be pulling a fast one. Take care!

USSOCOM
07-31-2012, 00:42
I received a blue label gun direct from Glock and it had 3 mags and all associated gear that comes with a Glock. You LGS is a POS.

Rusty Phillips
07-31-2012, 10:42
I think you should move..... Upstate South Carolina is amazing

Deriffe
08-01-2012, 14:40
GEN3 Blue label (LE) = 3 mags. GEN4 = 3 mags. The dealer might just need to be educated.

SARDG
08-01-2012, 14:50
GEN3 Blue label (LE) = 3 mags. GEN4 = 3 mags. The dealer might just need to be educated.
I think I said that (only, correctly) in post #5. Gen3 Blue Label subcompacts come with 2 mags.

Rusty Phillips
08-02-2012, 02:22
Does g26/27 4th gen come w 3 mags?

I thought they were 2 mags like always....

SARDG
08-02-2012, 06:53
Does g26/27 4th gen come w 3 mags?

I thought they were 2 mags like always....
3 mags! All Gen 4 have 3 mags - and it's printed on the label as such.

marh415
08-02-2012, 19:55
Glad I read this, just put a deposit on a Gen 4 34 with the GSSF discount. At first they thought the Gen 4's were higher in price than the Gen 3's with is total BS. I did end up getting it for $515 plus tax, so all is good for now.

PM720
08-02-2012, 22:19
3 mags! All Gen 4 have 3 mags - and it's printed on the label as such.

How about the Gen2 G28? :whistling:

Scott

SARDG
08-02-2012, 22:27
How about the Gen2 G28? :whistling:

Scott
You're wound up lately... bored?

PM720
08-03-2012, 08:55
No matches till Conyers! :crying: Naa, just having fun like always. I'm a big kidder in case you didn't figure that put yet. :supergrin: I might try my first IDPA next weekend though. Kinda scary with all that drawing and reloading and running and stuff. I hear there are actually targets your NOT supposed to shoot! Should be easy to miss those with my shooting though! :whistling::rofl:

Scott

HoBoJoe
08-03-2012, 09:01
When I bought my 19 Gen 4, the sales rep said he was supposed to take 1 mag out as well. I said, "the red labels even come with 2 mags".

He showed me documentation from Glock/GSSF that stated to remove 1 magazine from non-LE sales under the GSSF program. However, he still gave me all 3 mags without any hesitation.

marh415
08-03-2012, 18:35
When I bought my 19 Gen 4, the sales rep said he was supposed to take 1 mag out as well. I said, "the red labels even come with 2 mags".

He showed me documentation from Glock/GSSF that stated to remove 1 magazine from non-LE sales under the GSSF program. However, he still gave me all 3 mags without any hesitation.

Is there anywhere to view this documentation, no way am I giving up my third mag. If I'm buying a gen 4, it should come with a third mag IMO!!

HoBoJoe
08-03-2012, 18:55
Looks like it was a 2010 thing:

http://www.edspublicsafety.com/glockpricelist.jpg

2011 form (3rd page):

http://www.gssfonline.com/GSSF_Pistol_Purchase_Program_Information.pdf

SARDG
08-03-2012, 19:08
DannyR is our historian - or maybe Butch knows. I think I remember that the very old GSSF policy said to remove one mag for non-LE. That was before Gen4s were even introduced. That's no longer true, but Danny will have the scoop.

Glock/GSSF themselves, transfers ALL gen 4s with 3 mags - red, white or blue label. Gen 3 red and white labels come with 2 mags.

I can say that every new Glock ever delivered to me, no matter what purchase program or label color or Generation, had the correct number of mags enclosed - and it's on the label of every box.

ETA: Thanks HoBoJoe. You posted while I was typing away.

DannyR
08-03-2012, 19:18
"GSSF kicked this up the food chain and was told that these guns are supposed to be sold to the GSSF members intact.

The SubDs are not supposed to be removing things from them and selling them separately.

Trust that those responsible are going to get with Bob's and straighten this out with them."

Before the Gen4's were introduced, GSSF coupon pistols were to come with 2 magazines. The Gen4's changed that. Blue label G34 or G35 pistols still normally come with the standard connector.

marh415
08-04-2012, 10:29
"GSSF kicked this up the food chain and was told that these guns are supposed to be sold to the GSSF members intact.

The SubDs are not supposed to be removing things from them and selling them separately.

Trust that those responsible are going to get with Bob's and straighten this out with them."

Before the Gen4's were introduced, GSSF coupon pistols were to come with 2 magazines. The Gen4's changed that. Blue label G34 or G35 pistols still normally come with the standard connector.

Danny,
By "standard" connector, do you mean the 4.5lb, or the 5.5lb connector?

mgentry
08-04-2012, 10:47
Zero, he is the only one in the state. I would have to purchase some place online

There are some sellers/dealers on GunBroker that will give you the GFFS price if you provide the proper items to them. I've purchased one that way.

PM720
08-04-2012, 10:57
Danny,
By "standard" connector, do you mean the 4.5lb, or the 5.5lb connector?

Standard = 5.5#

Scott

Don At PC
08-04-2012, 11:27
I thought the G34/G35 came with the 4.5 connector. When it used to be the 3.5 connector the G34/G35 came with it as standard so I thought since the 3.5 was rebranded as a 4.5 that would be the standard for the Practical Tacticals.

Good heavens you mean I have been wrong all this time? :embarassed::faint:

Don

SARDG
08-04-2012, 12:45
...Good heavens you mean I have been wrong all this time? :embarassed::faint:

Don
YES!

Well, conditionally wrong... :supergrin: Most Blue Labels, being thought of as LE duty guns, come with the standard 5.5# and fixed sights, whereas most Red (and White) labels come with 4.5# and adjustable sights.

(I've never seen a G34 White Label, but presume that's what happens in 10-round states.)

Don At PC
08-04-2012, 13:24
Yea, I forgot we are talking LE Glocks and they are afraid they might shoot their toe off, right Bama?:embarassed: My G34 I won several years ago (2001) and it is a white lable and came with the 3.5# and adjustible sights. Sure shoots great.

Don

marh415
08-04-2012, 13:49
YES!

Well, conditionally wrong... :supergrin: Most Blue Labels, being thought of as LE duty guns, come with the standard 5.5# and fixed sights, whereas most Red (and White) labels come with 4.5# and adjustable sights.

(I've never seen a G34 White Label, but presume that's what happens in 10-round states.)

Guess I'll be buying a 4.5lb connector along with some new Ameriglo sights!!

SARDG
08-04-2012, 14:08
Guess I'll be buying a 4.5lb connector along with some new Ameriglo sights!!
Just check the box label when you get it as it's not a given that you'll get a 5.5#.

With your dealer, make sure he hasn't changed the connector or sights, etc.

WheelGunFan
08-04-2012, 17:40
Just an FYI, the issue has been resolved. And I am all set. Unfortunately it G34 was sold before things had been resolved and I will have to wait to get one coming in the next shipment.

Otherwise, a conversation with the owner and the printout of the PDF from the link above and we are good. There seems to be confusion about the program guidelines.

I want to :supergrin::supergrin:THANK:supergrin::supergrin: everyone who responded to this thead and who PM'd me information. Anyway, glad I asked. Perhaps a sticky with the PDFs of the current GSSF rules would make it easier for everyone

Thanks everyone!

SCC
08-04-2012, 22:58
and if it does come with the 5.5 take it to the next gssf match and they will put a 4.5 in it for you for free !!

only the ( 34 -35- 24- 17-L's )

NCHeel
08-05-2012, 01:15
3 mags! All Gen 4 have 3 mags - and it's printed on the label as such.If you look at the gssfonline pdf it states all pistols except the subcompacts come with three mags so I could see a dealer trying to pull a 2 mag sale on the subcompacts and keeping the fee mag for a $25-30 profit sale.

DannyR
08-05-2012, 05:23
That PDF needs to be updated to state that all pistols come with three magazines except for Gen3 subcompacts.

marh415
08-05-2012, 07:42
and if it does come with the 5.5 take it to the next gssf match and they will put a 4.5 in it for you for free !!

only the ( 34 -35- 24- 17-L's )

If only there where some in my area. I would love to participate in a match. There are clubs that host USPSA, but I don't know if I'm quite ready for them. Competition was part of my reason for choosing the 34 though. That and it takes the same mags as my 17 which now gives me a total of six. (enough for competition shooting)

SARDG
08-05-2012, 08:22
Too bad Ed's Public Safety is largely out of the picture now, in so many states. They were (indeed, still are for those who can purchase from them), a wonderful example of honesty, integrity, and customer service. No worries about being charged an incorrect price, no worries about being shorted a magazine, and very often they had what you wanted in stock. Back in the day, I found my three Blue Label ODs and my G24 there - in the showcase, all correctly priced and with all the 'parts'. At the time, I passed on some of the RTFs and fish gills that were sitting there... :crying:

emtjr928
08-05-2012, 08:32
Another two thumbs up for Ed's. Luckily I am only about ten miles away. :dancing:

PM720
08-05-2012, 13:20
Another two thumbs up for Ed's. Luckily I am only about ten miles away. :dancing:

I think luckily I am 2500 miles away! :wow::supergrin:

Scott

SCC
08-05-2012, 14:34
ed's had a big box of old G21 mags for 16.00 dollars so i got 1 and took it to glock to get them to replace the spring and the tech told me they would just give me a new mag ... :whistling:
what a deal :supergrin: