POLL: Will you eat at Chick-fil-A? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Will you eat at Chick-fil-A?

DOC44
07-28-2012, 15:34
POLL: Will you eat at Chick-fil-A?

Now:
Yes (32.0%)
No (68.0%

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story/POLL-Will-you-eat-at-Chick-fil-A/dpLOlx5jf0GAU1imo3ukCQ.cspx?rss=68

I went through the drive thru.... didn't take long:supergrin:

Doc44

steveksux
07-28-2012, 15:36
I wonder if they have any in MI? I'd give them a try. Everyone seems to think their food is pretty good.

Randy

Cavalry Doc
07-28-2012, 15:41
Pretty sure this poll is being bum rushed.

I have not eaten at a chick-fil-a in about 15 yrs. Might have to run out and get something from them for the family tonight.

Davegrave
07-28-2012, 15:47
I'm pro gay rights. But I'm pro free speech too. He has a total right to his opinion and I'll still glady eat there. I buy products from tons of anti gun people too. It takes a lot for me to boycott a place. But it does happen.

G17Jake
07-28-2012, 15:58
Plenty of people were there at 2:00 this afternoon. I have never seen it so busy.

michael e
07-28-2012, 16:00
I love the place, always fast, they are happy to serve you not like 99% of the fast food places around. I will still go get lunch from them.

steveksux
07-28-2012, 16:03
I'm pro gay rights. But I'm pro free speech too. He has a total right to his opinion and I'll still glady eat there. I buy products from tons of anti gun people too. It takes a lot for me to boycott a place. But it does happen.I saw something on the internet that they treat all their customers good, gay or straight, as well as employees, gay or straight.

They absolutely have the right to speak their mind against gays, its part of their deeply held religious beliefs, guaranteed by the Constitution, not that it should need to be guaranteed by anything....

Randy

DOC44
07-28-2012, 16:17
Palin tweets support for chick-fil-a

Stopped by Chick-fil-A in The Woodlands to support a great business

be sure and read the responses from those that disagree with her.

https://twitter.com/SarahPalinUSA/status/229031446466162688

Doc44

Cavalry Doc
07-28-2012, 16:27
Palin tweets support for chick-fil-a

Stopped by Chick-fil-A in The Woodlands to support a great business

be sure and read the responses from those that disagree with her.

https://twitter.com/SarahPalinUSA/status/229031446466162688

Doc44

I don't eat fast food often, Mrs. Cavalry Doc is an awesome cook, but I support free speech.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p158/CavalryDoc/chick.jpg

Been a while, but it's not all that bad. The waffle fries were mostly gone by the time I got home...:supergrin:

The line at both drive in windows was LLLLLLLOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNGGGG. Business is booming.

Just1More
07-28-2012, 16:35
August 1st is Chick-fil-A appreciation day. Mark your calendar! I can't wait to see their 3rd quarter sales....

countrygun
07-28-2012, 16:42
It's too far to drive from Deeptules OR:crying:

You know, if they started one of those online "meal club" delivered express by UPS deals they might just make another fortune thanks to the free publicity.

Bren
07-28-2012, 16:54
Pretty sure this poll is being bum rushed.

I have not eaten at a chick-fil-a in about 15 yrs. Might have to run out and get something from them for the family tonight.

The food is great quality and the places are among the cleanest and best managed in fast food - however, the reason I make the effort to eat there (even though I like beef and pork a lot more than chicken) is because the liberals hate them so much.

Heck, I'm also a vocal opponent of christians imposing their will on people (not a great fan of religion at all), but in the Chick-Fil-A battle, Chick-Fil-A clearly come out as the good guys. In fact, they are the good guys for the very reasons to liberals hate them - they (company owners) put their principles ahead of money.

guns85
07-28-2012, 17:42
I think Chick Fil A is a great fast food restaurant. I don't understand why they are being bashed on. They just stated their beliefs (which I agree with), they didn't say anything other than what they believed. I agree with Bren for Chick Fil A standing their ground and beliefs.

Why do gays need special rights anyway, don't they have rights as citizens of the United States just like everyone else.

stopatrain
07-28-2012, 17:44
I like free speech and Chick-fil-A, had some for lunch. I'm waiting for the haters to show up.

Harbour
07-28-2012, 17:54
Every individual and business entity has the right to express opinions, whether they are "politically correct" or not. Consumers are free to respond based upon how they feel.

Personally, I don't eat chicken, ever. Otherwise, I would go out of my way to patronize their restaurants.

Cavalry Doc
07-28-2012, 17:59
Every individual and business entity has the right to express opinions, whether they are "politically correct" or not. Consumers are free to respond based upon how they feel.

Personally, I don't eat chicken, ever. Otherwise, I would go out of my way to patronize their restaurants.

Think.... Waffle Fries....... mmmmmm

G17Jake
07-28-2012, 18:29
Think.... Waffle Fries....... mmmmmm

They are good.

Guss
07-28-2012, 18:30
I had already been avoiding them because of their religious discrimination.

hogfish
07-28-2012, 18:31
I think Chick Fil A is a great fast food restaurant. I don't understand why they are being bashed on. They just stated their beliefs (which I agree with), they didn't say anything other than what they believed. I agree with Bren for Chick Fil A standing their ground and beliefs.

Why do gays need special rights anyway, don't they have rights as citizens of the United States just like everyone else.

+1. "...they have rights as citizens of the United States just like everyone else." No "special rights" for them. :shame:

Re: the OP...Not on Sundays.

countrygun
07-28-2012, 18:34

I have seen no proof of "religious descrimination" or any accusations of it.

I think you meant to say

"I am going to practice discrimination against them due to their religion"

try honesty for a change.

hogfish
07-28-2012, 18:36

I've never felt that while I've been there. :wavey:

PettyOfficer
07-28-2012, 18:39

I'll just say I like KFC better and don't visit Chik-fil-a at all. Just not impressed enough. I appreciate free speech but don't prefer individuals speaking on behalf of a corporation. There probably are gays and lesbians that have to hide who they are to work for the company, or people who support gay rights.

Second, no, gays don't have the same rights as citizens of the Unuted States just like everyone else. Case in point Sally Ride: An America Hero died last week of cancer, an Astronaut, first woman in space, and her partner of almost 30 years (or so) can't get government benefits that a male survivor (husband) would have.

wheels41
07-28-2012, 18:54
As a matter of fact, we ate there this evening. Good food too.

Bruce H
07-28-2012, 19:05

It's easy to avoid everything living in your mothers basement while she waits on you hand and foot.

Cavalry Doc
07-28-2012, 19:08

No ****????

That must be a local problem, because they didn't ask me for my religious preference at any time during my time in the drive through.

Maybe you have a bumper sticker or something that is intended to draw attention, and you got it???? :dunno:

Please tell us the story of your discriminatory ordeal at the hands of chik-fil-a employees.

But be willing to back it up.

steveksux
07-28-2012, 19:14

From all reports I've read, they welcome gay customers, and treat gay employees well. So they are not discriminating against anyone. They merely express their religious beliefs that gay marriage is immoral. One article I read says they are using personal funds for donations, and are not even using company funds to donate to that cause.

Food for thought. Still want to boycott them? They seem to be striking the right balance between expressing their beliefs but treating people right. Love the sinner, but hate the sin sort of thing.

Randy

Brucev
07-28-2012, 19:47
I'll just say I like KFC better and don't visit Chik-fil-a at all. Just not impressed enough. I appreciate free speech but don't prefer individuals speaking on behalf of a corporation. There probably are gays and lesbians that have to hide who they are to work for the company, or people who support gay rights.

Second, no, gays don't have the same rights as citizens of the Unuted States just like everyone else. Case in point Sally Ride: An America Hero died last week of cancer, an Astronaut, first woman in space, and her partner of almost 30 years (or so) can't get government benefits that a male survivor (husband) would have.

CFA is to be applauded for the excellent manner in which it treats its employees. If someone is a queer or some other sort of sexual pervert, then they are wise to keep quiet about such things as no business would want to employe such people.

Homos have the same rights as any other normal person who is a citizen of the U.S. They do not however have more than equal rights

Now as to heros, partners, survivors benefits, etc., all that stuff is just hog wash. It would be hard to consider her a hero. As to the partner, it is nothing more than any other hook up by anyone else. There is no legal relationship, nor should there be one invented. As to survivor benefits, tough.

guns85
07-28-2012, 19:54
From all reports I've read, they welcome gay customers, and treat gay employees well. So they are not discriminating against anyone. They merely express their religious beliefs that gay marriage is immoral. One article I read says they are using personal funds for donations, and are not even using company funds to donate to that cause.

Food for thought. Still want to boycott them? They seem to be striking the right balance between expressing their beliefs but treating people right. Love the sinner, but hate the sin sort of thing.

Randy

+ 1, 100% I agree with this.

JBnTX
07-28-2012, 20:01
I'll definitely continue to eat at Chick-fil-A.

Hopefully in a clean, moral and homo free environment.

callihan_44
07-28-2012, 20:06
i am not a fast food person however i will stop in the next time i visit town. Food isnt bad and much cleaner than other places i've been to.

waawaaweenie
07-28-2012, 20:07
I was going to eat at one yesterday, but I ripped the crotch out of my pants at work

so I thought it would be better not to go

now I hear they have a drive thru

oh well, next week

PettyOfficer
07-28-2012, 20:17
CFA is to be applauded for the excellent manner in which it treats its employees. If someone is a queer or some other sort of sexual pervert, then they are wise to keep quiet about such things as no business would want to employe such people.

Homos have the same rights as any other normal person who is a citizen of the U.S. They do not however have more than equal rights

Now as to heros, partners, survivors benefits, etc., all that stuff is just hog wash. It would be hard to consider her a hero. As to the partner, it is nothing more than any other hook up by anyone else. There is no legal relationship, nor should there be one invented. As to survivor benefits, tough.

ignorance abounds...

But I'll just address the hero aspect: there is no guarantee of survival, and the loss of human life in the pursuit of human space flight definitely proves the risk. If risking your life for the benefit of mankind isn't heroic, I'm afraid you'll forever be without real life heroes.

Sam Spade
07-28-2012, 20:21
I have before, I will again.

They're just nice people.

Harbour
07-28-2012, 20:48
Case in point Sally Ride: An America Hero died last week of cancer, an Astronaut, first woman in space

Just to keep the facts straight, Sally Ride was not "the first woman in space....."

A Russian, Valentina Tereshkova, was first, in 1963. She apparently was also the first civilian in space.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentina_Tereshkova

countrygun
07-28-2012, 21:28
Just to keep the facts straight, Sally Ride was not "the first woman in space....."

A Russian, Valentina Tereshkova, was first, in 1963. She apparently was also the first civilian in space.

Oh there you go, spoiling the drama of the moment with facts.

BlownFiveLiter
07-28-2012, 21:50
I have seen no proof of "religious descrimination" or any acusations of it.

I think you meant to say

"I am going to practice disrimination against them due to their religion"

If there was a like button here, I would have clicked it for this post. :thumbsup:

Woofie
07-28-2012, 22:03
I wonder if they have any in MI? I'd give them a try. Everyone seems to think their food is pretty good.

Randy

They have a pretty decent breakfast. Easily the best fast food breakfast I've had.

Guss
07-28-2012, 22:22
Public Relations man dies:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/longtime-chick-fil-spokesman-donald-perry-dies-16873378#.UBS5xaNdB8M

Guss
07-28-2012, 22:50
... One article I read says they are using personal funds for donations, and are not even using company funds to donate to that cause...

Randy
We know where the man gets his "personal funds". It's a family-owned company.

countrygun
07-28-2012, 22:54

Oh, because he owns the company then he can't donate his income wherever he wants?

How many times were you dropped as a child?

PettyOfficer
07-28-2012, 22:56

Thank you.

First American Woman in space.

My point still stands.

Guss
07-28-2012, 23:10
Oh, because he owns the company then he can't donate his income wherever he wants?

How many times were you dropped as a child?
He won't be donating profits from me, because my money will never get to him. That's what boycotts are about.

Guss
07-28-2012, 23:17

I think you meant to say

I appreciate your thoughtful edit.
But next time, do your research before opening mouth.

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2007/0723/080.html

It really should have been tip-off to you if you noticed they weren't open on Sunday. They set it up that way so they would only have like-minded folks.

“Our decision to close on Sunday was our way of honoring God and of directing our attention to things that mattered more than our business." Now what kind of person other than Christian is going to want to work in, or invest in, such an environment? They've pushed it as far as the law allows, and on several occasions they've been sued for going too far.

countrygun
07-28-2012, 23:22
He won't be donating profits from me, because my money will never get to him. That's what boycotts are about.

Well I certainly expect you to take part in the protests tomorrow.

They don't discriminate in hiring or in serving because they are Christians.

You will discriminate because their beliefs are different from yours.

Nothing says "tolerance" like a good boycott.

countrygun
07-28-2012, 23:27
I appreciate your thoughtful edit.
But next time, do your research before opening mouth.

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2007/0723/080.html

It really should have been tip-off to you if you noticed they weren't open on Sunday. They set it up that way so they would only have like-minded folks.

“Our decision to close on Sunday was our way of honoring God and of directing our attention to things that mattered more than our business." Now what kind of person other than Christian is going to want to work in, or invest in, such an environment? They've pushed it as far as the law allows, and on several occasions they've been sued for going too far.

Oh my,you mean that they practice their religion by not being open on their Sabbath and further practice it by serving all who come into their places?

Wow, those evil people:upeyes:

Brucev
07-28-2012, 23:44
ignorance abounds...

But I'll just address the hero aspect: there is no guarantee of survival, and the loss of human life in the pursuit of human space flight definitely proves the risk. If risking your life for the benefit of mankind isn't heroic, I'm afraid you'll forever be without real life heroes.

Affirmative Action. That's all. Nothing more.

Guss
07-28-2012, 23:45
Oh my,you mean that they practice their religion by not being open on their Sabbath and further practice it by serving all who come into their places?

Wow, those evil people:upeyes:
You didn't even read the article, did you? Why do I bother?

Fred Hansen
07-29-2012, 00:04
He won't be donating profits from me, because my money will never get to him. That's what boycotts are about.Repo Man - Let's Go Get Sushi And Not Pay - YouTube

Tikiwolf
07-29-2012, 00:38
I think this subject is really blown out of proportion. I've never tried the place, But if I was near one i'd try the place out.

herose
07-29-2012, 02:18
posted by Guss
You didn't even read the article, did you? Why do I bother?

I read the article. Lets see...

"I tell the kids, 'This is not just selling sandwiches; it pays for your upbringing,'" says Yadkowski
Hard work = earning a living. OHHHH horrible stuff there

" The turnover among Chick-fil-A operators is a low 5% a year. Among hourly workers turnover is 60%, compared with 107% for the industry."
Employees stay at Chick-fil-a at a rate of 47% higher than others in the same industry. WOW must be a HORRIBLE place to work for people to stay there. Oh I know they are probably brainwashing them!!! :upeyes:

Chick-fil-A's corporate mission, as stated on a plaque at company headquarters (and by Cathy), is to "glorify God." It is the only national fast-food chain that closes on Sunday so operators can go to church and spend time with their families;
Letting employees off on Sundays to spend time with their families. They should be shot!!!

"You don't have to be a Christian to work at Chick-fil-A, but we ask you to base your business on biblical principles because they work," says Cathy.
Their business, their right. Note that you don't have to be a Christian to work there.

They screen prospective operators for their loyalty, wholesome values. God I hate those wholesome values. That's whats wrong with the world today. Wholesome values.

and willingness to buy into Chick-fil-A's in-your-face Christian credo,
Judgement call by the author, don't see anything in your face so far. Unless by Christian credo he means that pesky wholesome value thing again.

The company asks operators to pay just $5,000 as an initial franchise fee. KFC, for example, demands $25,000 and a net worth of $1 million.
Heartless bastards!

One in three company operators have attended Christian-based relationship-building retreats through WinShape at Berry College in Mount Berry, Ga.
Lets see that would mean two out of three operators HAVEN'T. Yep they are using thumbscrews there.

"If a man can't manage his own life, he can't manage a business," says Cathy, who says he would probably fire an employee or terminate an operator who "has been sinful (read immoral or illegal) or done something harmful to their family members."
Man will it never end with these people, they want moral people who are good to their family!

She says she can't hire a good manager who, say, moonlights at a strip club because it would irk the company.
Shoot who wouldn't want a manager who has a second job taking their clothes off for money. That's good public relations and promotes the values the company is looking for. :upeyes:

Latif, a Muslim, says he was fired a day after he didn't participate in a group prayer to Jesus Christ at a company training program in 2000.
That's his side of the story. I don't buy it.

Yup Guss you are right. These people are probably causing the downfall of America with their desire for honest, wholesome, employees who want to spend Sunday's with their families and who treat their families right, and who don't commit illegal or immoral acts. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Woofie
07-29-2012, 02:31
I think this subject is really blown out of proportion. I've never tried the place, But if I was near one i'd try the place out.

When my office was nearby, I used to let my crew enjoy a nice breakfast (or nap if they wanted) at CFA. They have breakfast down.

Lunch time is about as blah as any other fast food joint.

My local CFA has a manager who is also a full time parole officer. They never had any problem with him coming in wearing his weapon.

71Commander
07-29-2012, 05:56
August 1st is Chick-fil-A appreciation day. Mark your calendar! I can't wait to see their 3rd quarter sales....

There's a plan in the works for the butt lovers and moonbats to disrupt the place.

Bren
07-29-2012, 06:00
ignorance abounds...

If you aren't familier, Brucev is one of the more left of the left-wingers here. After months or years of never being able to support is leftist/liberal arguments with any credible evidence or reasoning, he has started these sarcastic "pretend to be a right-wing nut" responses. I can only assume that, since he can't make a good argument for his side, he hopes that bad arguments while pretending to be on the other side will have the same effect.

Bren
07-29-2012, 06:05

Exactly, so there is no reason the company can't make the same donations - big deal. Good luck with your "boycott" - as usual, the people boycotting Chick-Fil-A have made them more money than they ever could have by eating there.

As noted in the OP's article: "many Christians want to support businesses owned by fellow believers, and the loyalty intensifies 'when Christians see a fellow Christian being persecuted.'" That has been the recipe for succfess for religion since it was invented, and the christian and jewish religions most of all, and the boycotters are giving them a legitimate does of it in this case.

Boycotting christian businesses is like punishing Popeye by making him eat his spinach.

I, on the other hand, am an atheist and even a former member of the Freedom From Religion Foundation - In this case, I support Chick-Fil-A 100%.

ModGlock17
07-29-2012, 06:26

That Spicy Chicken sandwich is always great for me ! Hits the spot every time. Milk shakes are not as sweet as Mac's.

Whenever the wait is long, I have to cross the intersection to a much lighter Mac waiting line.

ModGlock17
07-29-2012, 06:33
Heck, I'm also a vocal opponent of christians imposing their will on people (not a great fan of religion at all), but in the Chick-Fil-A battle, Chick-Fil-A clearly come out as the good guys. In fact, they are the good guys for the very reasons to liberals hate them - they (company owners) put their principles ahead of money.

Don't ever confuse Christians with Christ, my friend.

Christians aren't perfect, Christ is. Many people use the name of Christ in vain, live the vain life. Some don't.

I am convinced that many people would follow Christ, if it weren't for the "Christians" ! It's either a case of stolen name or mistaken identity.

Brucev
07-29-2012, 07:11
If you aren't familier, Brucev is one of the more left of the left-wingers here. After months or years of never being able to support is leftist/liberal arguments with any credible evidence or reasoning, he has started these sarcastic "pretend to be a right-wing nut" responses. I can only assume that, since he can't make a good argument for his side, he hopes that bad arguments while pretending to be on the other side will have the same effect.

On just about any subject ranging from sexual deviants to the national debt, etc. it would be hard for me to care less about your opinion. Why? It's a simple case of mind over matter. I don't mind you being wrong because you don't matter.

pugman
07-29-2012, 07:26
I voted no but it has nothing to do with the Gay Marriage nonsense circling this.

I've been to three. The first the food was terrible then I gave it a second try thinking I had caught the place at a bad time - worse than the first.

The third was in a different city with the same result.

However, even now I wouldn't eat their since their president is too stupid to keep his mouth shut. If he wants to say HE is against it...great. To say his company is against it is irresponsible at the least since he is now proclaiming to know what the employees of his company want or don't want.

As for gay marraige - politicans keep this topic out there just to prevent some people from seeing they are raping this country left and right.

This arguement is as stupid as the Olympian uniforms. Politicans are on the bandwagon with torches and pitchforks at the door of RL because the uniforms were made in China - genius on their part since its deflects blame from the real problem which is politicans have created an business atmosphere in this country where making the uniforms overseas is better for RL's bottom line.

DustyJacket
07-29-2012, 07:28
I have never eaten there before.
I see no reason to start or stop at this time.

No applicable poll choice I guess.

ChuteTheMall
07-29-2012, 07:37

You've been called out repeatedly on that.

Ready to back it up?

:couch:

hogfish
07-29-2012, 07:39
The trick to liking Chic-Fil-A is Ranch. :eat:

madbaumer
07-29-2012, 08:03
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/THEBAUM/ec222828.jpg

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Bren
07-29-2012, 08:14
On just about any subject ranging from sexual deviants to the national debt, etc. it would be hard for me to care less about your opinion. Why? It's a simple case of mind over matter. I don't mind you being wrong because you don't matter.

You cared enough to respond.:rofl:

stevelyn
07-29-2012, 08:40
Sure........ If there was one.

Guss
07-29-2012, 09:02
I read the article. Lets see...

Latif, a Muslim, says he was fired a day after he didn't participate in a group prayer to Jesus Christ at a company training program in 2000.
That's his side of the story. I don't buy it.
His side was strong enough that he got a settlement out of it.

Cavalry Doc
07-29-2012, 09:43
His side was strong enough that he got a settlement out of it.

A settlement, or did he prevail in court? There is a big difference.

countrygun
07-29-2012, 10:04

Have you noticed that his buddy "Steviepoo" is playing both sides in different threads on the topic?

Fred Hansen
07-29-2012, 11:06
His side was strong enough that he got a settlement out of it.More likely he was given a few table scraps to simply go away. It often works with annoying leg-humping little dogs.

Fred Hansen
07-29-2012, 11:07
On just about any subject ranging from sexual deviants to the national debt, etc. it would be hard for me to care less about your opinion. Why? It's a simple case of mind over matter. I don't mind you being wrong because you don't matter.Looks like he cut you all the way to the bone.

FFR Spyder GT
07-29-2012, 11:26
I'll pass on Chik-fil-A.

I'm all for free speech but if you have a no CCW sign I'll take my business elsewhere.

Same with any kind of message of hate.

It's hard to believe that he could be anti-gay and not be anti-jew, anti-black, anti-whatever.

What if it turns out that he's anti-gun?

Lethaltxn
07-29-2012, 11:42
I'll pass on Chik-fil-A.

I'm all for free speech but if you have a no CCW sign I'll take my business elsewhere.

It's hard to believe that he could be anti-gay and not be anti-jew, anti-black, anti-whatever.

Folks, I present to you, the logic of the left!
Completely illogical!

countrygun
07-29-2012, 11:44
I'll pass on Chik-fil-A.

Thanks for the laugh and the proof of liberal bigotry.

You bash "messages of hate" and wonder about whether he lives up to your stereotype all in one post.

Oh, it's too much, your hipocrysy is killing me:rofl::rofl::rofl:

ScottieG59
07-29-2012, 11:50
The local place here is very clean. My son did not really like the food. The local Chick-fil-a owner is a well educated very proper person with Christian values. As a non-Christian, I have no problem with that. I would go there without hesitation.

I also believe in the rights of gay union/marriage as well as the right of the Chick-fil-a CEO to vocalise his opposition.

Brucev
07-29-2012, 11:51
You cared enough to respond.:rofl:

In the same way one deals with gnats.

Brucev
07-29-2012, 11:52
Looks like he cut you all the way to the bone.

Gnat bite.

Fred Hansen
07-29-2012, 12:45
Gnat bite.All the way to the bone.

APERS
07-29-2012, 12:55

I think you meant to say

Indeed, some people need to research the story of the owner and how the food chain was started. Bias is bullshi_.

professorpinki
07-29-2012, 16:07
I don't eat fast food. Ergo, I will not be eating at Chik Fil A.

That being said, I have no clue why the mayor of Boston go involved in this crap.

Brucev
07-29-2012, 19:12
All the way to the bone.

Nope. Just bugs. When they land down range, they make nice target practice.

Fred Hansen
07-30-2012, 04:20
Nope. Just bugs. When they land down range, they make nice target practice.That a scoped Red Ryder you are packing?

:wavey: :rofl:

series1811
07-30-2012, 05:40

Yeah, but you're kind of a left leaning, lock step following, liberal. Somehow, I don't think that was ever their main customer base.

Given the choice, I'll eat at a Chick-fil-a every chance I get when looking for fast food for the simple reason that there food taste better than McDonalds, Burger King, etc.

I would think even liberals have learned their lesson about making liberal knee jerk reaction decisions without thinking, after electing Obama.

I guess not.

Brucev
07-30-2012, 07:42
That a scoped Red Ryder you are packing?

:wavey: :rofl:

Pathetic plebian! RWS all the way!

Fred Hansen
07-30-2012, 07:58
Pathetic plebian! RWS all the way!I prefer to think of myself as humble hoi polloi.

JohnnyReb
07-30-2012, 08:00
I've been eating there more then ever. The good is delicious, and if the gays want to avoid it, even better. Being surrounded by those that put their genitals where another excretes his bowels usually makes me lose my appitite anyway. YMMV.

whoflungdo
07-30-2012, 08:33

Yep, the same place every working person does. He earned it.

whoflungdo
07-30-2012, 08:37
When my office was nearby, I used to let my crew enjoy a nice breakfast (or nap if they wanted) at CFA. They have breakfast down.

Lunch time is about as blah as any other fast food joint.

My local CFA has a manager who is also a full time parole officer. They never had any problem with him coming in wearing his weapon.

Not only do they not have a problem with it, if you LEO and in uniform or badged and wearing your side arm, they will give your meal for free. At least the ones around here, do.

Fred Hansen
07-30-2012, 08:37
Yep, the same place every working person does. He earned it.Earnin' fo' suckas.

Chapter - It's Free Swipe Yo EBT (Clean) - YouTube

MY EBT (NOW ON iTUNES) - By @MrEBT & @CaptnHook_Maine - YouTube

whoflungdo
07-30-2012, 08:45
Earnin' fo' suckas.

Chapter - It's Free Swipe Yo EBT (Clean) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luo40WjBKWI)

MY EBT (NOW ON iTUNES) - By @MrEBT & @CaptnHook_Maine - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o64Fz-KW1Dk)

I've had an epiphany. This has nothing to do with gay rights, free speech, or religious issues. It is all about class envy. The Cathy's didn't earn their money, they stole it from Chick-Fil-A and their customers. They can't spend it however they choose. It must be approved by their detractors.

countrygun
07-30-2012, 10:32
I've had an epiphany. This has nothing to do with gay rights, free speech, or religious issues. It is all about class envy. The Cathy's didn't earn their money, they stole it from Chick-Fil-A and their customers. They can't spend it however they choose. It must be approved by their detractors.

AHA, you are just a baby-step away from seeing the similarities between the leadership of the LGBT movement and Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton.

They are pawns of the progressive Marxists as lightning rods for minority groups to actually disenfranchise those groups and seperate them from society, via protests behaviors and conduct, so they can be made to feel persecuted and therefore are easier for the progressives to manipulate.

JFrame
07-30-2012, 11:35

Thanks for sharing that epiphany. It is always a good idea to keep an eye on the ultimate leftist agenda when viewing any of these Cloward-Piven attacks.

JFrame
07-30-2012, 11:36
AHA, you are just a baby-step away from seeing the similarities between the leadership of the LGBT movement and Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton.

They are pawns of the progressive Marxists as lightning rods for minority groups to actually disenfranchise those groups and seperate them from society, via protests behaviors and conduct, so they can be made to feel persecuted and therefore are easier for the progressives to manipulate.

Okay -- you said it a lot better than I did.

countrygun
07-30-2012, 11:41
Okay -- you said it a lot better than I did.

Not really, I just had a big breakfast and was feeling frisky:supergrin:

JFrame
07-30-2012, 11:45

Ha -- I guess I'm missing out on that "breakfast of champions"... http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/remake/biggrin.gif

scccdoc
07-30-2012, 11:55
Yeah,I'll definitely eat there more often......... DOC

whoflungdo
07-30-2012, 12:09

Agreed. That I've seen for a while. I'm talking about the rank and file people, especially some of the posters on this board and some friends I've been discussing this issue with lately. Most of them either don't realize that is what they are personally advocating, or aren't willing to admit it.

Some people are trying to compare this to businesses that put the gun-busters signs up. That is disingenuous at best. If Chick-Fil-A had a no gays sign, or traditionally married couples only, or no atheist allowed, I would agree with the comparison. The private entity has the right to refuse service to anyone they wish and for whatever reason they wish, but that's not what Chick-Fil-A is doing..

Thanks for sharing that epiphany. It is always a good idea to keep an eye on the ultimate leftist agenda when viewing any of these Cloward-Piven attacks.

No worries.. I don't have them often, but I share when I do..:wavey:

whoflungdo
07-30-2012, 12:10

Was it a chicken biscuit???:whistling:

countrygun
07-30-2012, 12:26
Was it a chicken biscuit???:whistling:

I wish I could get them in the primitive and uncivillised PacNw but alas no. How ever I did have a breakfast that paid homage to more refined culinary tastes of another region. "Biscuits and Gravy with a side of bacon"

whoflungdo
07-30-2012, 12:35
I wish I could get them in the primitive and uncivillised PacNw but alas no. How ever I did have a breakfast that paid homage to more refined culinary tastes of another region. "Biscuits and Gravy with a side of bacon"

A conservative from the PNW... You must feel outnumbered... Not necessarily outgunned.. if you'll excuse the pun..

I have family around Portland/Vancouver area..

greentriple
07-30-2012, 12:59
I'm way on the left and not afraid of you right wingers and your exclusionary fear agenda. In fact it's very entertaining to read your circle jerking on this site when I need a good laugh. However, on this issue I must say I can't take issue with the Cathys and how and what they believe in. It's their right, even if it's wrong. If however they were to exclude groups from their establishments or divert funds to foster exclusion I might care. So, yes I'll eat there. Plus, I don't appreciate anyone telling me what I can or can't do.

countrygun
07-30-2012, 13:06
A conservative from the PNW... You must feel outnumbered... Not necessarily outgunned.. if you'll excuse the pun..

I have family around Portland/Vancouver area..

My family is from a rural part of Oregon, and staunchly conservative. I grew up in the Portland area and went to college there. I worked my B**t off so I could escape and return to my family roots.

There are a lot of conservatives in Oregon but the libtards are louder,and they have browbeaten the populus areas into liberal domination.

whoflungdo
07-30-2012, 13:07
I'm way on the left and not afraid of you right wingers and your exclusionary fear agenda. In fact it's very entertaining to read your circle jerking on this site when I need a good laugh. However, on this issue I must say I can't take issue with the Cathys and how and what they believe in. It's their right, even if it's wrong. If however they were to exclude groups from their establishments or divert funds to foster exclusion I might care. So, yes I'll eat there. Plus, I don't appreciate anyone telling me what I can or can't do.

You can't use logic and become a small government conservative..

BuzznRose
07-30-2012, 13:07
CF sells franchises to, hires, and serves gays. The founder is simply a Christian who was asked and stated he believes marriage is a man and woman. It is his opinion, not company policy!

Hard core Liberals are the most intolerant people in the world, only open minded to their own beliefs.

steveksux
07-30-2012, 21:16
I, on the other hand, am an atheist and even a former member of the Freedom From Religion Foundation - In this case, I support Chick-Fil-A 100%.+1000

I disagree with their position, quite strongly in fact. But in a free country I stand firmly for their right to believe what they wish. How does that saying go? I disagree with what you say, but will defend your right to say it? Doesn't mean I won't argue with you about it.... :tongueout:

I'd eat there. Actually, it sounds like the food is pretty good, problem is it seems there's only 1 in Michigan, and its quite a ways from me. I'll have to keep it in mind in case I'm ever in that neck of the woods.

Its just as unAmerican to deny equal marriage rights to gays as it is to punish people for their sincerely held religious beliefs. In my opinion, anyway.

Randy

countrygun
07-30-2012, 21:58
I am waiting for tose who would follow orders and protest or boycott to realized how badly they are being used.

There isn't a chance that it will effect the corporation's bottom line. the people giving the "marching orders" know that.

Why, in the 21st Century couldn't they suggest instead that, say, 'thursday is gay day" at Chik-Fil-A" suggest that people from the LGBT community simply go into the franchises and have a civil meal with out a word of protest. Show people that they are a part of the community. show the franchise owners and the public they are no different than anyone else. Do something positive?

Instead the "leaders" of all of this have pushed for confrontation. I can tell you why,

Confrontation sets the the "group" apart from everyone else. this is a group supposedly wanting "acceptance" but are driving a wedge between themselves and the rest of society so then they can complain about not being accepted. As long as they are isolating themselves the yhave to get their support and sense of community from "the Group" and therefore are dependent on that Group.
If there were actually the acceptance they claim to want there would be no group and no leadership to politically direct them. They would have to think for themselves and wouldn't be as easily manipulated.

The liberal progressive left have been pouncing on and supporting every minority that has a gripe, and they have been careful to always promote confrontational solutions to keep their power base dependent on them.

Go back to the first part of the 1980s. The "Women's Movement" collapsed under it's own weight and the absolute reality that a woman, just out of college could probably make as much as her Dad had in the middle years of his career. But take a look at how many from that movement jumped on the Gay rights movement. Gotta keep the confrontation going.

Try my suggestion. Pick a "gay day" see how that works instead of confrontation.

I dare you.

Gunnut 45/454
07-30-2012, 22:32
If we had them around here sure as heck would! Why not support a great American company!:supergrin:

Will you eat at Chick-fil-A? [more]

Yes (43.6%)

No (56.4%)

FFR Spyder GT
07-30-2012, 22:34
Why, in the 21st Century couldn't they suggest instead that, say, 'thursday is gay day" at Chik-Fil-A" suggest that people from the LGBT community simply go into the franchises and have a civil meal with out a word of protest. Show people that they are a part of the community. show the franchise owners and the public they are no different than anyone else. Do something positive?

I dare you.

I don't know about you, I for one avoid ALL businesses that are anti-gun in any shape, form, fashion and/or manner.

This also goes for hate.

CFA might have gained a handful of new customers because of their new message of hate but in reality they have lost more customers than they have gained.

Basically it was a pisspoor business decision.

countrygun
07-30-2012, 22:42
I don't know about you, I for one avoid ALL businesses that are anti-gun in any shape, form, fashion and/or manner.

This also goes for hate.

CFA might have gained a handful of new customers because of their new message of hate but in reality they have lost more customers than they have gained.

I don't avoid them on those grounds, but I refuse to leave my gun un attended in my car in a big city so I can patronize a business.

Around here it isn't a big deal and besides the usually proscribed places the only other I can think of is one Doctor's office and he is the only Dr. in his specialty in the County. He is also a die-hard hippy who's waiting room is a tribute to Woodstock. (I kid thee not)

Bren
07-31-2012, 05:48
If we had them around here sure as heck would! Why not support a great American company!:supergrin:

Will you eat at Chick-fil-A? [more]

Yes (43.6%)

No (56.4%)

Given that the question is "Will you eat at Chick-fil-A?" and not whether their position on this issue has changed your opinion about eating there, 43% is an unusually high number. Do most fast food chains get 43% of the population eating there? I'd guess not.

Bren
07-31-2012, 05:58
This also goes for hate.

You and your friends would like to imagine that CFA has lost customers, but consider this:
1. Nothing brings a group together more than enemies outside the group.
2. That has been a central tool of the Christian religion (and all the big religions) since it began - "we have enemies/we are being persecuted."
3. This controversy is, quite correctly, telling people 2 things - CFA puts Christian principles ahead of money and CFA is being attacked by anti-christian left-wingers.
4. 76% of American adults claim to be Christian.

As long as christians are a majority...a big majority, this controversy only serves to alert christians that CFA is a "christian business" and the only one willing to follow "christian values" over money. Of course, many argue that thsoe aren't christian values...but even the average christian realizes that claim is mainly coming from those outside or on the fringe of their religion.

Just because you want to protest to hurt them, instead of help, doesn't make it true.

Bren
07-31-2012, 06:03
A bigger threat may be the D.C. nuts who have sued McDonald's, Applebee's, Outback Steakhouse, Chili's, T.G.I. Friday's, Burger King and Chick-fil-A for serving meat.
:rofl:

Plaintiff: The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM) is a non-profit organization based in Washington, D.C., which promotes a vegan diet, preventive medicine, alternatives to animal research, ....

ChuteTheMall
07-31-2012, 06:26
http://i931.photobucket.com/albums/ad158/FrankRob/obamacathy.jpg

DOC44
07-31-2012, 07:17
poll update

Yes (44.0%)

No (56.0%)

Doc44

whoflungdo
07-31-2012, 07:26
You and your friends would like to imagine that CFA has lost customers, but consider this:
1. Nothing brings a group together more than enemies outside the group.
2. That has been a central tool of the Christian religion (and all the big religions) since it began - "we have enemies/we are being persecuted."
3. This controversy is, quite correctly, telling people 2 things - CFA puts Christian principles ahead of money and CFA is being attacked by anti-christian left-wingers.
4. 76% of American adults claim to be Christian.

As long as christians are a majority...a big majority, this controversy only serves to alert christians that CFA is a "christian business" and the only one willing to follow "christian values" over money. Of course, many argue that thsoe aren't christian values...but even the average christian realizes that claim is mainly coming from those outside or on the fringe of their religion.

Just because you want to protest to hurt them, instead of help, doesn't make it true.

Exactly. The ones around here are not hurting for any business. As a matter of fact, I walked out of one Saturday because they were too busy. I didn't have the time to wait.

I think what has helped the cause the most is the big city Mayor's getting involved. Now everyone has to decide do they wanna support a company with Christian values or side with the mayors and want governmental discrimination and intrusion because of a personal opinion of the owners.

steveksux
08-01-2012, 21:28
Have you noticed that his buddy "Steviepoo" is playing both sides in different threads on the topic?You really do have a serious reading comprehension problem, don't you?

Randy