My buddy's Clark Custom is ready to come home [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : My buddy's Clark Custom is ready to come home

glock2740
07-28-2012, 18:21
He had a "Meltdown" built by Clark Custom. It's been 2 years, but it's finally ready. It was hardchromed by AP Cogan. These are some very crappy cell phone pics that Clark sent him. He should have it next Tuesday. I can't wait to shoot it. I'll post up some better pics of it next time I'm down in Texas visiting.

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac341/OU1911/clark1.jpg

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac341/OU1911/clark2.jpg

Ruggles
07-28-2012, 19:12
That melt job looks awesome :) I love it, can only imagine how sweet it shoots! And a solid trigger, icing on the cake :) Fiber optic front sight is nice touch as well.

It must be hard to go home to Arkansas after visiting Texas :tongueout:

bac1023
07-28-2012, 19:21
Very nice indeed :cool:

glock2740
07-28-2012, 19:33
It must be hard to go home to Arkansas after visiting Texas :tongueout:
I grew up in Texas and love the state of Texas, except for football season. :rofl: I live in the prettiest, nicest part of Arkansas. I call NW Ark the 51st state, as it doesn't resemble the rest of the state AT ALL.

glock2740
07-28-2012, 19:38
That melt job looks awesome :) I love it, can only imagine how sweet it shoots! And a solid trigger, icing on the cake :) Fiber optic front sight is nice touch as well.

Yeah, it took him awhile to pick everything out for it. I bet it's gonna be a really sweet shooter, as Clark is known for their bullseye guns. The hardchrome looks kinda shiny in the pics, but it should be a nice matte finish in person. Hardchrome is a pain in the ass to photogragh properly.

Ruggles
07-28-2012, 19:46
I grew up in Texas and love the state of Texas, except for football season. :rofl: I live in the prettiest, nicest part of Arkansas. I call NW Ark the 51st state, as it doesn't resemble the rest of the state AT ALL.

It is pretty there, been around that area a couple of times int he last 5 years on business :)

Heck not sure where in Arkansas it was but as a kid I even went to Dog Patch USA amusement park :)

B_RAD
07-28-2012, 19:46

Having been born and raised in Texas and now living in NWA I agree! I love it up here. Don't think I'd ever want to move back to TX.

B_RAD
07-28-2012, 19:51
It is pretty there, been around that area a couple of times int he last 5 years on business :)

Heck not sure where in Arkansas it was but as a kid I even went to Dog Patch USA amusement park :)

Dog Patch USA was near Harrison IIRC. That's about 1.5 hr down the road. It's gone now. The woods have taken over. I remember going there several times a kid. I remember buying the fish food from gumball machines and the fish biting as soon as the hook hit the water. That and Jack S. Fogbound. Say Jack S reall fast.

Ruggles
07-28-2012, 19:52
Having been born and raised in Texas and now living in NWA I agree! I love it up here. Don't think I'd ever want to move back to TX.

AHHHH traitorous scalawag how dare you!!!!!! :tongueout:

I mean the only thing Arkansas has over Texas is the lack of "must wear shoes" signs on local businesses and the legal ability to marry within the family... :supergrin:

B_RAD
07-28-2012, 20:07
Knowing that you guys in here really really know your 1911's I'm going to have to google Clark Custom. This gun looks :wow:.

And as far as no shoes goes, I do admit that I wear flip flops as much as I can.

glock2740
07-28-2012, 20:21
Knowing that you guys in here really really know your 1911's I'm going to have to google Clark Custom. This gun looks :wow:.

Clark Custom builds GREAT guns. Not just 1911's either. They hang their hat on Bullseye guns and are known for their accuracy. The Clark family goes way back in bullseye shooting and Jim Sr.'s daughter Kay is married to Jerry Michalak. They make alot of their own parts and do great work. I was looking really hard at having a "Meltdown" 1911 built by them and my buddy saw what I was looking at and had to have one. Now I can just shoot his. :supergrin: Although, I gotta bad feeling, that once I get my hands on it, I'm gonna want one of my own. :cool:

steve1911
07-29-2012, 00:15
Great looking 1911.

1911club#410

Rinspeed
07-31-2012, 12:12
Everybody has different tastes but I think it's a bit over-melted myself. I bet it's a hell of a shooter though.

ca survivor
07-31-2012, 15:16
nice 1911

ted1
07-31-2012, 15:25
That's an ugly gun tell your friend he should send it to me i run a home for ugly unwanted guns.

J/k that is a sweet looking weapon hope he enjoys it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Spats McGee
08-01-2012, 12:08
Beautiful!

And yes, Dog Patch was near Harrison.