I hate when that happens [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I hate when that happens

RustyFN
07-28-2012, 18:53
I was a RO at the GSSF match at our club and came home with a cat litter bucket 1/3 full of mixed brass. The bad part is it's going to happen all over again tomorrow. :rofl:

country85
07-28-2012, 19:20
O yea that would just be such a terrible traumatizing thing I just don't know what I would do LMAO!!!

WiskyT
07-28-2012, 19:34
O yea that would just be such a terrible traumatizing thing I just don't know what I would do LMAO!!!

Sell the cat?

Hogpauls
07-28-2012, 22:45
Wow that's a crying shame, send it my way to lessen the pain. :supergrin:

VN350X10
07-28-2012, 22:46
Bet you don't come up with ANY 10MM brass Rusty......

I'm not shooting that match !
When I shoot Indy, Samuarirabbi grabs all of mine he can find !

uncle albert

Murphy's Law
07-29-2012, 05:28
Don't forget to separate the cat poo from the litter !

:rofl:

Kentguy
07-29-2012, 06:31
Rusty,

Not trying to rain on your parade but when I shoot GSSF I usually take rounds/brass that I would not want to reload again...

Like Murphy's Law said;

"Don't forget to separate the cat poo from the litter!"

:supergrin:

Alan

bush pilot
07-29-2012, 12:04
Rusty,

Not trying to rain on your parade but when I shoot GSSF I usually take rounds/brass that I would not want to reload again...

Like Murphy's Law said;

Alan

That's the first thing that crossed my mind. If you leave the brass you use the crap stuff or buy steel/aluminum cased ammo. At least you can use a magnet to sort the steel cases :whistling:

SARDG
07-29-2012, 12:51
I was a RO at the GSSF match at our club and came home with a cat litter bucket 1/3 full of mixed brass. The bad part is it's going to happen all over again tomorrow. :rofl:

Rusty,

Alan
I RO the entire weekend for each GSSF match I attend and could get all the brass I could eat... but because they are lost brass matches, I too think it's mostly junk. I pick up my Starline, reject all else except 10mm.

uncle albert
I got maybe a hundred-plus pieces of mostly Starline at my last match. Not many 10mil shooters out there though. None of it looked once-fired.

RustyFN
07-29-2012, 16:56
Rusty,

Like Murphy's Law said;

Alan

Not a problem. I work this match every year and never get much bad brass. I will gladly sort out a few bad pieces while sorting it for thousands of pieces of good brass.

I'm not shooting that match !
When I shoot Indy, Samuarirabbi grabs all of mine he can find !

uncle albert

Not much but I did see some 10mm while scooping it all up from the tarp. If you want it I will send it your way.

VN350X10
07-30-2012, 17:11
I'd appreciate that....got to have something here that you need in trade !

uncle

njl
07-30-2012, 18:57
That's the first thing that crossed my mind. If you leave the brass you use the crap stuff or buy steel/aluminum cased ammo. At least you can use a magnet to sort the steel cases :whistling:

OTOH, it is a match, and pride and $ may be at stake...so if all you shoot are your own reloads, are you really going to use your junkiest brass at the match?

If its like the last time I RO'd you've got mostly 9mm, a little .40, a large handful of .45acp, and one handful of .45GAP. I don't think I brought home a single .357 or 10mm case.

RustyFN
07-30-2012, 19:05
OTOH, it is a match, and pride and $ may be at stake...so if all you shoot are your own reloads, are you really going to use your junkiest brass at the match?

If its like the last time I RO'd you've got mostly 9mm, a little .40, a large handful of .45acp, and one handful of .45GAP. I don't think I brought home a single .357 or 10mm case.

When watching people load magazines 99% of them have new boxes of factory ammo. I know people can put reloads in factory boxes but I doubt it would be very many, most people use the plastic boxes.

WiskyT
07-30-2012, 19:15
When watching people load magazines 99% of them have new boxes of factory ammo. I know people can put reloads in factory boxes but I doubt it would be very many, most people use the plastic boxes.

That's what I saw when I used to do GSSF matches. Even the reloaders, like me, loaded on the low end since there was no PF to meet, so the brass should be in good shape for the most part.