Crossbreed Supertuck Questions! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Crossbreed Supertuck Questions!

TexasGlockster
07-29-2012, 09:23
I posted in this in GNG but I figured you guys had some more experience and depth of knowledge so I'm reposting it here. Your assistance in answering my questions is very much appreciated.

Questions:

1) I live in San Antonio (where it is exceptionally hot during the summers). Is the horsehide worth the extra $15? Is it more comfortable or durable?

2) What are the advantages and disadvantages of the combat cut? My understanding is that it aids draw but is less comfortable. Worth it?

3) If I order it with V-clips, do I get the regular clips too? Any bad experiences with the V-clips? And yes, I realize you have to get a special belt to go along with them.

4) Can the clip type be changed by the customer or does it have to go back to the manufacturer? If not what do you need to change the clips?

Any thoughts (other than you should by holster x instead)?

Thanks!

Motor-T
07-29-2012, 11:14
1. I don't know about the horse hide, but I live in Houston, and have had no problems with the cowhide.

2. I have a super-tuck, and a Comp- Tac M-Tac. The M-Tac is cut more like the combat cut, and the Super Tuck is the standard cut. I don't notice any comfort difference, but the comp-Tac is easier to get a master grip on during the draw. I would say go for the combat cut.

3. You only get one set of clips unless you order additional clips.

4. I'm ordering comp-Tac clips for my crossbreed because the plastic clips don't mark my belt like the steel ones from crossbreed. The clips can be changed with a Phillip screwdriver.

ranger1968
07-29-2012, 11:23
I live in hot, humid Southwest Florida and I carry every day, all day; cowhide is not a problem.

As for carry rigs;

I have a Crossbreed Supertuck,and while it is a very nice holster, I now carry in one of these: http://hhholsters.highwire.com/product/the-ranger

It's a superior quality rig in terms of workmanship and materials to the Supertuck, and he is doing things like beveling and dressing the edge of the leather, using a "combat cut" , and even personalizing your rig with your name or intitials at no no extra charge; and he's doing it all at a lower cost.....

Check this guy out, he's making a better holster.

iu7576
07-29-2012, 17:33
If you're looking for one for a 30SF, 29SF, 21SF I'll give you a deal on mine w/standard clips horsehide.

DaneA
07-29-2012, 18:19
I posted in this in GNG but I figured you guys had some more experience and depth of knowledge so I'm reposting it here. Your assistance in answering my questions is very much appreciated.

Questions:

1) I live in San Antonio (where it is exceptionally hot during the summers). Is the horsehide worth the extra $15? Is it more comfortable or durable?

YES, YES, and YES. Horsehide is definitely worth it. I wear mine in 100 degree 65% humidity and do not notice it is there.

2) What are the advantages and disadvantages of the combat cut? My understanding is that it aids draw but is less comfortable. Worth it?

I didn't get mine cut. Order it without and cut it if you decide to yourself later on.

3) If I order it with V-clips, do I get the regular clips too? Any bad experiences with the V-clips? And yes, I realize you have to get a special belt to go along with them.

Yes you get the regular clips as well. I ordered a set of the J clips with mine but have not used them in the last year and a half.

4) Can the clip type be changed by the customer or does it have to go back to the manufacturer? If not what do you need to change the clips?

You can change them pretty easy.

Buy one. Check out crossbreedseconds.com first to see if they already have yours made up.

Thanks!

See comments above.

Mudshark100
07-30-2012, 19:51
My first Supertuck was regular cut in horsehide. I found the horsehide to be too stiff and uncomfortable. I had difficulty getting my thumb between the leather and the grip when drawing. I tried to combat cut it myself but goobered it up. I ordered a cowhide, combat cut replacement and have been using it for about three years in South Carolina. I greatly prefer the combat cut and cowhide over the horsehide. Just my experience.

LoadToadBoss
07-31-2012, 06:31
I live in Northwest Louisiana. It's blazing hot in the summer. I got the horsehide and find it comfortable enough to wear without a t-shirt between me and the holster. I got the regular cut and did my own combat cut for my PF-9. I only took off enough material to comfortably grip the weapon without interference.

HEKTIK
07-31-2012, 06:55
http://www.crossbreedseconds.com/

M24C
07-31-2012, 11:32

Questions:

Thanks!

1) Get the horsehide and don't look back.

2) Combat cut allows an easier full grip before drawing. The sacrifice is the texture of the gun rubs against your skin. Depending on the finish. RTF finish would be rough.

3) Don't have the velcro. The standard clips hold the holster in place nice. Though anybody whom knows the crosses on it can recognize it is a crossbreed holster. That is the only advantage the J clips or the velcro would give. Though personally I would think the J clips would be easier.

4) you do the adjustments with a screwdriver. That is it.
Like mine very much. very comfortable, Once you found where it fits you the best. I forget that it is on.

HTH

Goldstar225
07-31-2012, 13:06

I went with the horsehide option and I'm glad that I did

I have the standard cut. I can see where the combat cut would be a 1/4 second faster on the draw but I like the comfort of the standard cut.

Yes, it will still come with the standard clips. I initially ordered mine with the j-hooks so it came with the standard clips and j-hooks. I ordered the v-clips later

They change out in just a couple of minutes with a screwdriver

I wore mine with the standard clips for a few months then added the v-clips and belt. I'm completely satifieds with the v-clips and belt. After having used several different IWB holsters, The CBST is the best concealing, most comfortable I've used.