Mic holsters?? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Mic holsters??

cosmose
07-29-2012, 17:29
hi guys, i was wondering if any of you carry and use a mic holster? and what ya'll thought about them. are they safe..secure..etc i was looking at their site and noticed the new mic slick has anybody tried one? my main concern is safety and security.

thanks for any info

SFla27
07-29-2012, 17:40
Hey Cosmose.

I have a standard MIC holster. Retention-wise, it's very solid. You have to yank it pretty good when you draw.

And if you just have your gun lying around the house with the MIC holster on it, you'll need to hold the gun fairly hard and really give the string a reasonably-stout pull to get the holster off the trigger guard.

And therein lies the dilemma. If you are carrying and need to deploy your pistol in a SD situation, unless you time it & position it right, you may need two separate tugs to unholster: One tug to get the gun out of your pants. The second tug snap the holster off the trigger guard. Although YMMV, I have a bit of trouble deploying my pistol in one upward motion from IWB carry.

Although in all fairness, I have to disclaim I probably require some more practice in order to get it right.

The original MIC holster is very secure and does it's job well.

I don't know the retention force of MIC's other holster (Razor's Edge). That one has a little less retention built into it.

Hope this helps.

linkscoach
07-29-2012, 20:00
Watch the videos on the website on how to draw with the MIC. It's very smooth when done correctly. I believe they are the safest way to carry AIWB but maybe not the most comfortable or the quickest to draw. I have two. I have a MIC for my G30 and a Dale Fricke version for my M&P Shield. MIC didn't have one for the shield when I was ready to buy one.

I love the MIC for my G30. I don't like the one for my Shield. The lighter, shorter barreled Smith always feels like it's going to fall out. It never has though. In my opinion the longer barreled pistols will always work better with a MIC.

All that being said, I have a JM Custom Kydex AIWB rig for my G30 and use it most of the time now.

sgtlmj
07-29-2012, 20:03
Check out the Raven Concealment Vanguard II. It's the same minimalist concept, but has better retention.

I keep a MIC around for when I want to throw a Glock under the seat or in the center console and not worry about anything boogering up the trigger.

wirenut
07-29-2012, 20:46
Is the van guard 2 out yet last I saw they were still taking preorders for like 35 bucks a piece?

mace85
07-30-2012, 00:28
I have a mic and I love it. I think it's the best option for a low-profile holster so far.

pspez
07-30-2012, 08:40
It works great when i throw the gun in the glove box or in the wifes' purse.

SFla27
07-30-2012, 09:07
One other item.

Not sure if you normally carry with a round in the chamber. But if you do, you may want to holster your pistol using the MIC first, and then rack the slide to chamber a round. That way, you eliminate the chance (however remote) that the trigger will be contacted in any way when the holster is put on if there is already one in the chamber.

As mentioned above, the MIC website has some good videos on proper use of the holster.

robhic
07-30-2012, 17:21
No experience with the newer "Razor's Edge" MIC, but I have the regular one and it performs as advertised. I just don't nor do I want to carry with it. Great for using where quick safety trigger cover is desired and storage situations but carry? Not for me.

vafish
07-30-2012, 17:44
I have a MIC. I use it occasionally, I prefer my Kramer #2, but for the times I need to tuck in a shirt the MIC is what I go to.

cosmose
07-30-2012, 19:01
thanks for all the info, my main problem with holsters is the thickness they add to the gun (mainly the clips) I can put my glock 30sf (un-chambered) without a holster and totally conceal it but when i put on the holster it seems to print a lot more.

btw i do not carry nor will i ever carry without a holster.

mace85
07-30-2012, 19:47
That's exactly why I bought mine.

The Boar Buster
07-30-2012, 22:07
I just ordered one for my 30sf. No shipping info yet.

snubfan
07-31-2012, 16:48
I use one for the nightstand and the car when traveling. I keep a flashlight attached to it for something to grab on to and yank and so I always have a light with the gun.226832

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

linkscoach
08-01-2012, 20:35
I just ordered one for my 30sf. No shipping info yet.

You probably won't get shipping info but it should be in your mailbox in a week or so.

windpoint
08-01-2012, 20:48
[QUOTE=snubfan;19256978]I use one for the nightstand and the car when traveling. I keep a flashlight attached to it for something to grab on to and yank and so I always have a light with the gun.226832

Now that's a good idea.

BamaTrooper
08-02-2012, 19:42
thanks for all the info, my main problem with holsters is the thickness they add to the gun (mainly the clips) I can put my glock 30sf (un-chambered) without a holster and totally conceal it but when i put on the holster it seems to print a lot more.

Key

Get something thin but with an offset belt clip.

ImpeachObama
08-02-2012, 20:04
Love the MIC. Reordered some more for friends.

Glockenload
08-20-2012, 22:50
I use one for the nightstand and the car when traveling. I keep a flashlight attached to it for something to grab on to and yank and so I always have a light with the gun.226832

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Flashlight! Clever idea. Haven't ordered a Mic yet but intend to order a couple as additional protection of trigger when transporting one of my Glocks. Don't think I'd ever feel safe using it for CC.

pennypooguns
08-22-2012, 15:17
I have never liked IWB Holsters.
I did order a Standard MIC Holster and CCW a Glock Model 26 in it and found it to be fast and comfortable at the One O'Clock position.
Next srep was CCW a GLock Model 17 and discovered that the One O'Clock position for not comfortable so changed to a Three O'Clock / Four O'Clock position which is very comfortable. I CCW 20/7.

Esco
08-22-2012, 23:25
Yeah they are pretty awesome. Been using a clipdraw in conjunction with it. Going to give the vanguard II a shot soon as well.

n8vyc
08-26-2012, 09:51
I have a Glock 36 with a Clip Draw and a Mic, for IWB.
It is a very nice combo and the single stack 36 is the slimmest Glock made. Hides very well and you forget you have it on until you need it.

Pierre!
08-26-2012, 09:56
Vanguard

doesn't need a strap on it to remove the 'holster', and removing that 'holster' is *easy* to achieve with one hand

MIC is a nice holster, and paracord "never" breaks... and then there is Murphy's Law... :rofl:

That's my story, stickin to it...

Patrick

cosmose
08-26-2012, 21:12
Thanks for all the info guys:) my mic slick arrived a few days ago and so far i like it, been busy at work and haven't really had the chance to wear it all day plan to tomorrow, I'll try and get some pics up.

Glockworks
08-27-2012, 03:44

I now have Gen 4 G17 and 26 and now a new Gen3 G30 SF. All Work great with the original MIC holster a the razor too (made for 9mm no less). I just bought from Glocktech a Razor made for .45 so you know I like them. Always have a round in the pipe when wearing, and the MIC is an excellent trigger guard that is easily removed if needed. I have other holsters too, but the MICs are my main carry holsters.

robhic
08-27-2012, 10:12
The MIC is sure versatile!

http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z475/robhic/Versatile1.jpg

http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z475/robhic/Versatile2.jpg

dkf
08-27-2012, 10:22
I recently got a Mic Razors Edge. I will never carry the gun with it, I have actual holsters for that. The reason I bought is I have a few Glocks I carry and I don't want to unload the gun or keep it in one of my carry holsters. I simply put the Mic on the trigger guard and store it away. With the Mic on th etrigger guard I know the gun is "Hot". Got a good deal on it and it works for me.

PettyOfficer
08-27-2012, 11:02
The MIC is sure versatile!

http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z475/robhic/Versatile1.jpg

http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z475/robhic/Versatile2.jpg

Be prepared to have your mirror reinstalled if you have to draw from that condition.

robhic
08-27-2012, 16:38
Not to worry. It was a moment of boredom and levity during my wait for Issac to pay me a visit! :supergrin: I took it off right away. Plus, just think what a swingin' Glock would do to the windshield!?!:wow:

dkf
08-27-2012, 17:32
Panties get hung on rear view mirror, not Glocks.:faint: