Lies My Teacher Told Me [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Lies My Teacher Told Me

snerd
07-30-2012, 12:47
Anyone read it? Sniveling liberal lies or brazen truth? I just finished it and my old self would have thrown it in the trash. My new self says, "Hold on a minute here......."

coqui33
07-30-2012, 13:33
Anyone read it? Sniveling liberal lies or brazen truth? I just finished it and my old self would have thrown it in the trash. My new self says, "Hold on a minute here......."

Jim Loewen is an accurate researcher. Wherever my research has overlapped his, I have found him to be dead on.

But why ask for opinions? Everything he writes is thoroughly footnoted with sources. Check it out for yourself.

[Added later] If your concern is that K-12 textbooks are incomplete in some places and embellished in others, you should know three points:

(1) It would be impossible to include all interesting facts in K-12 textbooks.
(2) What is included, or even embellished, in K-12 is decided by political textbook committees, not by researchers.
(3) Since the goal of K-12 social studies is to develop little citizens, not historians, factual accuracy must yield to patriotism. Those few students who are interested will have plenty of time to learn the facts as adults.