Another GSSF Joining Question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Another GSSF Joining Question

todd river
07-30-2012, 17:50
I just found out this past weekend that we are hosting
the Oct Match in my hometown. I thought that was :cool:. I plan on participating although I don't have high hopes, but that is not what I am concerned about.

I read everything on the GSSF website. I was trying to
see what the advantages are for joining GSSF. Also it
appears that even if you are a member, you still have
to pay the additional cost for a match. Is that correct?

I appreciate any information that you can provide. Thanks:cheers:

DannyR
07-30-2012, 20:53
Yes, membership fee and match fee are separate. Many members do not compete. If you pre-register for competition, it is $25.00 per entry. At the gate, first entry is $35.00, so it pays to pre-register. Outdoor matches provide many random pistol, cash and merchandise awards. Just look at last year's results for the match in your area.

Members that join for two or more years may purchase ons Glock per year at reduced price. members may compete in any Glock indoor or outdoor match. Members receive two "Glock Reports" per year and a free Glock Annual around April-May each year.

Wayloss
08-01-2012, 07:14
You also get a nice hat ;_)

Don At PC
08-01-2012, 07:32
First off Todd, "Welcome aboard. The GSSF Matches are a lot of fun and you get to meet many new friends with something in common. I noticed that GSSF has 6 matches scheduled in 6 different States in October 2012, if you would like to tell us what State has the match you want to attend you may meet several of us GT'ers there.

Don

todd river
08-01-2012, 12:33
First off Todd, "Welcome aboard. The GSSF Matches are a lot of fun and you get to meet many new friends with something in common. I noticed that GSSF has 6 matches scheduled in 6 different States in October 2012, if you would like to tell us what State has the match you want to attend you may meet several of us GT'ers there.

Don

I am betting by your location that you will be at this event.
Its Mobile AL I believe Oct 21-22nd. Did I win?

Don At PC
08-01-2012, 12:42
I am betting by your location that you will be at this event.
Its Mobile AL I believe Oct 21-22nd. Did I win?

BINGO; several of us from the Pan Handle plan on being there to shoot and help our old buddy Larry by ROing part of the match. Hope to see you there I will be the "Really Old Guy" wearing an Alabama Holster Team Shirt with some Team Carver guys.

Don

Glockrunner
08-01-2012, 13:46
BINGO; several of us from the Pan Handle plan on being there to shoot and help our old buddy Larry by ROing part of the match. Hope to see you there I will be the "Really Old Guy" wearing an Alabama Holster Team Shirt with some Team Carver guys.

Don
And some "Peek-A-Boo" tape over the weak lens of his glasses.:cool:

Don At PC
08-01-2012, 14:07
And some "Peek-A-Boo" tape over the weak lens of his glasses.:cool:

Maybe ------- Maybe not. I am having Cataract Surgery in my right eye this Monday Aug. 6th and since this will make both eyes cataract free maybe no tape and maybe no corrective lenses of any kind. We will soon see (I hope).

Don

Glockrunner
08-01-2012, 14:13
Maybe ------- Maybe not. I am having Cataract Surgery in my right eye this Monday Aug. 6th and since this will make both eyes cataract free maybe no tape and maybe no corrective lenses of any kind. We will soon see (I hope).

Don
Best wishes, and get the one (lens) with the cross hairs cool stuff!:wavey:

Don At PC
08-01-2012, 14:27
Best wishes, and get the one (lens) with the cross hairs cool stuff!:wavey:

Thanks
They are getting it ready. Insurance doesn't cover it or the new Lazer Proceedure so I have to pay a few bucks. Hopefully it will be worth it. I was lucky enough to get the same surgeon who did my left eye and we had a looong talk during the workup tests for the proceedure. Hoping to be ready for the Conyers Match.

Don

emtjr928
08-01-2012, 15:06
Best wishes for a successful surgery and speedy recovery.

SARDG
08-01-2012, 15:29

Don
I'll be there too. I will be the young chick wearing a Cher outfit... :rofl:

In lieu of that, I'll likely be ROing an 'M' - with a RO shirt on. I insist I'm coming to supervise though, not help! :faint:

todd river
08-01-2012, 19:16
I look forward to meeting Yall. I have only gone to a
few ranges, and IMHO this is a 1st class range.

emtjr928
08-01-2012, 19:55
I'll be there too. I will be the young chick wearing a Cher outfit...

If you ask her politely, maybe she will sing you a medley of her greatest hits!!!!

SARDG
08-01-2012, 21:14
If you ask her politely, maybe she will sing you a medley of her greatest hits!!!!
Sure... if Danny brings his drums and Mike G35 brings his guitar.

Don At PC
08-02-2012, 08:50

I am not sure GSSF is really ready for this. :rofl::wavey::faint:

Don

Don At PC
08-02-2012, 08:52

And I know that GSSF isn't ready for this level of intertainment. :embarassed::wavey::faint:

Don

emtjr928
08-02-2012, 08:56
[QUOTE]And I know that GSSF isn't ready for this level of intertainment./QUOTE]

Anybody remember The Gong Show??? I'm just sayin'.

I can get a portable PA.

pasky2112
08-03-2012, 21:05
Hi Everyone. I just submitted my app for GSSF via the 'email PDF' method. How long does it take to get a response? I used my CC on the app. But I was expecting an email confirmation of recpt or something but ....nothing. ;-(
You all seem like a fun group and I'm eager to join, shoot some fun matches and take a couple classes in between.

SARDG
08-03-2012, 22:23
Hi Everyone. I just submitted my app for GSSF via the 'email PDF' method. How long does it take to get a response? I used my CC on the app. But I was expecting an email confirmation of recpt or something but ....nothing. ;-(
You all seem like a fun group and I'm eager to join, shoot some fun matches and take a couple classes in between.
Welcome to the looney bin... :rofl:

GSSF doesn't send confirmations for anything at all whatsoever; not a preferred way of doing things, but we've come to live with it. :crying:

You can check your CC and see when (if) it's charged and likely expect your membership pack sometime soon after. I don't know what they are running for processing time right now... perhaps 2 to 4 weeks.

Where are you located?

pasky2112
08-04-2012, 01:07
Ha! That's OK now that I know. I just didn't want to get left in a black hole somewhere.

I'm in Melbourne, FL

Thanks for the reply...I'll just be patient.

DannyR
08-04-2012, 04:10
I would be disqualified from the Gong Show due to my professional status.

mike g35
08-04-2012, 04:25

Haven't been playing as much since I started shooting, my playing might be a little ugly. But then again so is my shooting!!!:rofl::tongueout:

PM720
08-04-2012, 10:47
Haven't been playing as much since I started shooting, my playing might be a little ugly. But then again so is my shooting!!!:rofl::tongueout:

That's because you are playing speed metal on your Glock instead of smooth jazz! :wow::supergrin:

Scott

xxlarge
08-04-2012, 16:19
You also get a nice hat ;_).

Do they send a hat for renewing? I renewed several months ago and forgot to ask before this about the hat. If not, no big deal but I'm just curious.:dunno:

Njanear
08-04-2012, 18:55

Do they send a hat for renewing? I renewed several months ago and forgot to ask before this about the hat. If not, no big deal but I'm just curious.:dunno:

I don't believe so for renewing, just for joining (as part of that initial $35 cost vs. the $25 renewal). If I am wrong, someone will be along to correct me. :whistling:

SCC
08-04-2012, 22:44
I don't believe so for renewing, just for joining (as part of that initial $35 cost vs. the $25 renewal). If I am wrong, someone will be along to correct me. :whistling:
you are right NO hat

Glockrunner
08-05-2012, 06:17

No Hat.

xxlarge
08-06-2012, 20:56
No Hat.

Probably just as well. My kind of ugliness can't be fixed by a hat. :crying::wow:

youngann
08-08-2012, 06:40

I believe you only get a hat when you first join GSSF.