07-30-2012, 19:34
I am looking for a spreadsheet to store all my data

i am getting a chrono but cant get the software
want to keep track of vel std dev power factor
muzzle energy etc..

anyone have one setup already?

country85
07-30-2012, 19:38
You could probably do an excel spread sheet if you had the time and patience to do it lol. I just use note books for all my data, that way if my computer crashes I still have all my stats

CaptainXL
07-31-2012, 09:45
You could probably do an excel spread sheet if you had the time and patience to do it lol. I just use note books for all my data, that way if my computer crashes I still have all my stats

A spreadsheet should be backed up. Also doesn't hurt to print out the spreadsheet and put the printed copy in with your notes.

I have a couple of spreadsheets that I use but none for chrono data (don't have one). Each time I ad, delete or make a cjhange to the spreadsheet I print it out and put it in my binder of load data after taking the old version of the spreadsheet out.

Works for me but my not work for everyone. For me, it's easier to read printed data than my sometimes sloppy handwritting.

wallacefan
07-31-2012, 09:59
Yup thats why i do it all on pc

wallacefan
07-31-2012, 20:00
I made one up with

high low and avg vel
extreme spread % spread and std dev
powe factor and muzzle energy

recoil impulse
recoil vel
recoil energy

did i miss anything?

F106 Fan
07-31-2012, 20:24
Load information, place, date, temperature, humidity (if you can get it), firearm, shooter, range, group size (assuming you are shooting the target through the chronograph), notes to self

There are probably a dozen other factors that I have overlooked.

Richard

wallacefan
07-31-2012, 20:48
my reload info is different sheet

tac_driver
08-01-2012, 23:33
here is one of my spreadsheets to help get you started