August 1 declared Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : August 1 declared Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day

DOC44
07-31-2012, 06:04
August 1 declared Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day to show support for traditional marriage

Huckabee has declared August 1 “Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day.”

“Let’s affirm a business that operates on Christian principles and whose executives are willing to take a stand for the Godly values we espouse by simply showing up and eating at Chick-fil-A on Wednesday, August 1,” said the former Republican Presidential candidate.

Huckabee said the company has come under attack from militant homosexuals and is being “smeared by vicious hate speech and intolerant bigotry from the left.”

“The militant homosexual advocates have launched an all out assault on Dan Cathy and Chick-fil-A,” he said. “The attempts to hurt or destroy Chick-fil-A are nothing short of economic bullying.”

http://www.pegasusnews.com/news/2012/jul/27/aug-1-chick-fil-appreciation-day-marriage/

Doc44

Aux Bear
07-31-2012, 06:11
Somehow "militant homosexuals" sounds like a self conflicting term.

DOC44
07-31-2012, 06:21

:aodnsb:

gotta watch out for some of them lessos.

Doc44

ChuteTheMall
07-31-2012, 06:22
I wonder how many Chik-Fil-A's are open for breakfast?
I might want to beat the rush tomorrow.
:eat:

http://i49.tinypic.com/1zmnvqg.jpg

JBnTX
07-31-2012, 07:24

Make no mistake, there is a "militant" type movement within
the gay community that has openly expressed an agenda of forcing the acceptance of homosexuality on American society.

Chick-fil-A has my business.

FFR Spyder GT
07-31-2012, 10:52
I'm gonna be in the parking lot next door with a bag from McDee's.

Lethaltxn
07-31-2012, 11:23

http://www.fatwallet.com/static/attachments/104321_riveting_tale_chap.jpg

Jon_R
07-31-2012, 11:43
Huckabee has declared August 1 “Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day.”

Why???

How many votes does he think this will gain him vs. the number it might cost him. Often I don't understand the advice advisers and strategists give.... So the republican candidate might win the religious right vote. Make the statement and you won't pick up any significant votes and might annoy some moderates you had a chance at... Good idea...

Then again I think it is nothing but theater for politicians and political organizations to declare a special day for anything just meaningless banter but almost exclusively I prefer they do meaningless banter vs. making laws so.... :whistling:

Lethaltxn
07-31-2012, 11:50
Why???

How many votes does he think this will gain him vs. the number it might cost him. Often I don't understand the advice advisers and strategists give.... So the republican candidate might win the religious right vote. Make the statement and you won't pick up any significant votes and might annoy some moderates you had a chance at... Good idea...

Then again I think it is nothing but theater for politicians and political organizations to declare a special day for anything just meaningless banter but almost exclusively I prefer they do meaningless banter vs. making laws so.... :whistling:

Huckabee isn't running for anything. Is he?

whoflungdo
07-31-2012, 11:55

Yeah, I was :dunno: too..

whoflungdo
07-31-2012, 11:58

They ban your from scaring the kids in McDonald's again and now you are relegated to eating by yourself in the parking lot? I bet this teaches you to keep your pants on next time...:whistling:

Jon_R
07-31-2012, 12:00

Ooops. :whistling:

Then what is the point. I assumed he was doing it for some political reason. I can declare a day.

Lethaltxn
07-31-2012, 12:12
Ooops. :whistling:

Then what is the point. I assumed he was doing it for some political reason. I can declare a day.

He did it to show his support.
If you have a cause you support go ahead and declare a day for it.
People actually do it all the time.

lethal tupperwa
07-31-2012, 12:39
on this Monday chic was FULL!!

no tables open for more than a minute.

The cars for the window were all around the building.

They said that since the uproar

Their business has TRIPLED!

Lethaltxn
07-31-2012, 12:56

LOL! Liberal fail! :rofl:

JBnTX
07-31-2012, 13:05

Same thing at the Chick-fil-A near my house.
You'd think they were giving food away.

Too bad the news media will never report this.

stsai465
07-31-2012, 13:30
Was just there for lunch and place was probably 90% capacity, with cars queuing up through the drive-thru.

whoflungdo
07-31-2012, 13:34
Was just there for lunch and place was probably 90% capacity, with cars queuing up through the drive-thru.

Queuing up? You must of spent some time in Europe...

stsai465
07-31-2012, 13:41
Queuing up? You must of spent some time in Europe...
Nope; queueing and stacking comes from an IT background. But "queuing up" comes from watching TV and movies. :cool:

Angry Fist
07-31-2012, 13:44
Once they start serving beer, I'm Game!

Cream Soda Kid
07-31-2012, 14:17
Chick-fil-A will have my business that day and many other days, I’ve always liked the way they do business.

They are a Christian business and they walk the walk. I support Christian businesses as much as I possibly can.

DOC44
07-31-2012, 15:28

same here at 2:30 pm... takeout wrapped around building... parking lot full.... did not see any queers with signs.

Doc44

ChuteTheMall
07-31-2012, 15:39
It's time to get serious, this is a serious issue.

Consider the following very carefully, and choose wisely.

Chick-fil-A operates more than 1,600 stores nationwide.

The new chocolate-chunk cookie, always served warm, sells for $1.09. The classic fudge brownie gets a makeover: instead of being sprinkled with walnuts, the dessert is now topped with creamy fudge icing. The new fudge brownie sells for $1.69.
Specialty sundaes, made with Chick-fil-A's vanilla "Icedream," include fudge brownie ($2.95) and chocolate-chunk cookie ($1.75). Each frozen treat is drizzled with Hershey's chocolate syrup and finished with whipped cream and a cherry. A mini ice-cream sundae, which starts at 99 cents, is available for portion-minded patrons.
For milkshake fans, the banana-pudding shake is made with hand-spun vanilla ice cream, bananas and Nilla Wafers, topped with whipped cream and a cherry. Cookies and cream, strawberry, chocolate and vanilla milkshakes are also available.
http://www.azcentral.com/thingstodo/dining/articles/2012/04/12/20120412chick-fil-rolls-out-four-new-desserts-nationwide.html

http://i46.tinypic.com/2a0njae.jpg

There are important decisions to be made; I hope you have enough of the required information.

http://i46.tinypic.com/k12xrc.jpg

You might want to carefully study this and sleep on it before attempting a decision.

Guss
07-31-2012, 15:44
They should have picked a Sunday.

HexHead
07-31-2012, 15:52
I wonder how many Chik-Fil-A's are open for breakfast?
I might want to beat the rush tomorrow.

The one near me is, and that's my plan.

Angry Fist
07-31-2012, 16:32
They should have picked a Sunday.
That would be a game-changer.

Dexters
07-31-2012, 16:36
I was at a Chic today - it was packed inside and so was the drive thru. I got a big welcome when I walked in the door and everyone was polite and courteous. Now there is a McDonalds near me also and they are similar in their hospitality. Then again, this is Georgia.

I'll go again tomorrow to support them. But since it is a private company they will not release sales data.

Brucev
07-31-2012, 16:58
I tend to go to Zaxby's when I want to have chicken, etc. However, given the whining by the queers and those who stand behind them, I think I will make a point of patronizing Chick-Fil-A. It's the American thing to do.

concretefuzzynuts
07-31-2012, 17:02
I went to one of many here on Saturday. It was packed! The drive thru was into the street and there was a line out the door.

I'm not a huge fan of the food but I do support any businesses owners rights to freedom of though and freedom of speech. And I detest the medias biased agenda.

Cavalry Doc
07-31-2012, 18:11
Gonna have to find out when the local one here opens up. Might have to treat a few friends at work as a surprise too.

http://www.chick-fil-a.com/Media/Img/catalog/Food/Medium/Sausage-Egg-Cheese-Biscuit.pnghttp://www.chick-fil-a.com/Media/Img/catalog/Food/Medium/ChickfilA-ChicknMinis.pnghttp://www.chick-fil-a.com/Media/Img/catalog/Food/Large/Hash-Browns.pnghttp://www.chick-fil-a.com/Media/Img/catalog/Food/Large/ChickfilA-Sausage-Platter.png

Just1More
07-31-2012, 18:22
I can't wait to have a chicken sandwich, waffle fries, and vanilla milkshake tomorrow!!! Yummo! :)

whoflungdo
07-31-2012, 18:41
I can't wait to have a chicken sandwich, waffle fries, and vanilla milkshake tomorrow!!! Yummo! :)

Why wait...you can go today and tomorrow...I did and am

camelotkid
07-31-2012, 19:09
you guys can buy all the chikin you want, it is not going to stop gay marriage. When it comes those "queers" are going to "shove it down your throat" just like you always feared. Then you're just going to have to cry your salty tears in to your peach milkshakes. boo freakin hoo

Cavalry Doc
07-31-2012, 19:12
you guys can buy all the chikin you want, it is not going to stop gay marriage. When it comes those "queers" are going to "shove it down your throat" just like you always feared. Then you're just going to have to cry your salty tears in to your peach milkshakes. boo freakin hoo

Gay marriage will probably happen some day.

But why let the lefties ruin a man's business because he exercises his first amendment rights.

Planning on buying breakfast for 6 tomorrow.

ChuteTheMall
08-01-2012, 09:54
Chris Plante on WMAL just reported that there are at least 200 people in line in a Chick-Fil-A in Springfield, VA.

Some estimates are that half a million people plan to visit a Chick-Fil-A today. That's Woodstock.:hippie:

The media has to carefully decide how to ignore or minimize this, because everybody knows something major is going on right now all over the US.

http://image.mapmuse.com/images/maps/map-of-chick-fil-a-locations.png

Interesting distribution of Chick-Fil-A locations, looks like Romney country.:cool:

2@low8
08-01-2012, 09:59

It's not about stopping gay marriage. It is about the right of Dan Cathy to say he is personally opposed to it and not have his business threatened because he expressed a religious or political
opinion. You know, that pesky 1st amendment thing.

camelotkid
08-01-2012, 10:13
It's not about stopping gay marriage. It is about the right of Dan Cathy to say he is personally opposed to it and not have his business threatened because he expressed a religious or political
no it is not about an opinion, it is about the millions of dollars they are giving to groups like exodus international and other groups that are fighting against gay marriage or have programs to "convert" gays to straight.

Blast
08-01-2012, 10:17
This should be posted in Religous Issues.
Lots of gay agenda minions there.:rofl:

stsai465
08-01-2012, 10:17
Just got back from local Chick-fil-A; I went early to try to beat the lunch rush and make it to a mid-day meeting. Even at 10:30 local time, the place was packed; line to the registers, and all around the restaurant via the drive-thru.

Militant LGBT activitists' attempt to boycott the story is clearly not having legs here in TX.

Dexters
08-01-2012, 10:18
no it is not about an opinion, it is about the millions of dollars they are giving to groups like exodus international and other groups that are fighting against gay marriage or have programs to "convert" gays to straight.

And ... only racist would denounce President Obama on his support for the traditional family.

Don't be a hypocrite ... don't limit your boycotts ...

http://blogs.phillymag.com/the_philly_post/2012/08/01/boycott-chick-fil-a-more-companies/

http://www.hrc.org/resources/entry/corporate-equality-index-2011

camelotkid
08-01-2012, 10:25
Don't be a hypocrite ... don't limit your boycotts ...

http://blogs.phillymag.com/the_philly_post/2012/08/01/boycott-chick-fil-a-more-companies/

I don't use any of the services or products listed by the companies listed in that link :wavey:

2@low8
08-01-2012, 10:26
So the first amendment doesn't cover who I donate to? Poor argument there fella.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

camelotkid
08-01-2012, 10:30
So the first amendment doesn't cover who I donate to? Poor argument there fella.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
This isn't about the 1st, nice try though. This is about people not wanting to patronize a business whose views don't align with theirs. And about social conservatives getting mad about that.

2@low8
08-01-2012, 10:34
This isn't about the 1st, nice try though. This is about people not wanting to patronize a business whose views don't align with theirs. And about social conservatives getting mad about that.

Unlike Obamacare, you are not required to eat at chick-fil-a. A representative of the government is, however, required to allow them to use their first amendment rights to speak political or religious speech (or donations). The constitution limits the .gov, not the people.

DOC44
08-01-2012, 10:41
Went by today at 10:45 to beat the lunch crowd... turn in suicide lane from 4-lane backed up, parking lot full, drive thru wrapped around and people parking in Lowes parkiing lot and walking to line out the door.

Doc44

Cavalry Doc
08-01-2012, 10:49

Not mad, even. Scuttling the boycot is actually fun, no anger required. Seems the libs are torqued that it's not working, which is what makes it fun. :supergrin:

ChuteTheMall
08-01-2012, 10:54
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/5918/chickfila.jpg

2@low8
08-01-2012, 10:56
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/5918/chickfila.jpg

Magnificent!

SCGlock26
08-01-2012, 10:58

This is about a government out of control and denying a business the opportunity to make it on it's own merits.

Boycott all you want. It will not hurt Chick Fil A one bit.

Denying them building permits based on their beliefs is criminal in this country.

ChuteTheMall
08-01-2012, 10:59
Then you're just going to have to cry your salty tears in to your peach milkshakes. boo freakin hoo

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee139/parrotlegal/graphics/Peach-Shake.png

xArcher
08-01-2012, 11:02
LOL! Liberal fail! :rofl:

Just passed by one in Northwest San Antonio. It is on a corner with a traffic light. Traffic backed up in all directions.

Dexters
08-01-2012, 11:02
I don't use any of the services or products listed by the companies listed in that link :wavey:

What about President Obama, do you support him in light of his support of the traditional family?

xArcher
08-01-2012, 11:08

This!

callihan_44
08-01-2012, 11:09
traffic issues alerted on local news, backed up 4 miles long for one store...extra cops called to direct traffic

scccdoc
08-01-2012, 11:09
Going tonight!

G29Reload
08-01-2012, 11:14
dinner tonight. sandwich, extra pickles, waffle fries, large diet lemonade, maybe a brownie.

i hear its huge. line of 30 for a mobile cfa truck in downtown gay as sheet DC, sterling va has local councilman hyping it, tales of lines around the corner nationwide.

camelotkid
08-01-2012, 11:54
What about President Obama, do you support him in light of his support of the traditional family?

He is in support of gay marriage

whoflungdo
08-01-2012, 12:10
He is in support of gay marriage

You supported him before he changed his stance on this...

camelotkid
08-01-2012, 12:43
You supported him before he changed his stance on this...
lesser of two evils

scccdoc
08-01-2012, 13:31
dinner tonight. sandwich, extra pickles, waffle fries, large diet lemonade, maybe a brownie.

i hear its huge. line of 30 for a mobile cfa truck in downtown gay as sheet DC, sterling va has local councilman hyping it, tales of lines around the corner nationwide.

Charleston, SC.....................many of my church were there for lunch, looooooooooooooong lines. SUPPORT FREEDOM OF SPEECH. BTW, did I say I'm an Evangelical Christian?????????

Bren
08-01-2012, 13:35
I'll say, "I told you so." The protesting and boycotting is perfect for Chick-Fil_A, as I've mentioned. Nothing brings christians together like a claim they are being persecuted - you may notice it's a common theme among TV preachers, even if they have to make it up. Anybody with half a brain could predict that, in a country where 76% of the people are christians, a small minority attacking a business for its expression of christian values would be a loss for the minority and a big win for the busineess.

If Cathy's remarks were not a ploy to boost business, they should have been.

Just1More
08-01-2012, 13:43
I tried to go today at 2 pm. Lines several blocks long in both directions. Didn't see any protesters.

scccdoc
08-01-2012, 13:43
I'll say, "I told you so." The protesting and boycotting is perfect for Chick-Fil_A, as I've mentioned. Nothing brings christians together like a claim they are being persecuted - you may notice it's a common theme among TV preachers, even if they have to make it up. Anybody with half a brain could predict that, in a country where 76% of the people are christians, a small minority attacking a business for its expression of christian values would be a loss for the minority and a big win for the busineess.

If Cathy's remarks were not a ploy to boost business, they should have been.

Sounds a little like profiling, Bren. You think all Christians (or those who claim to be) are all alike? Are all atheists alike as well? DOC

Bren
08-01-2012, 15:26
Sounds a little like profiling, Bren. You think all Christians (or those who claim to be) are all alike? Are all atheists alike as well? DOC

I don't see how that relates to what I said. It's common to groups to motivate members by claiming outside enemies or persecution. Among christians, it is easily observable to non-christians by watching TV preachers and religious commentators of various types.

jakebrake
08-01-2012, 15:35
I don't see how that relates to what I said. It's common to groups to motivate members by claiming outside enemies or persecution. Among christians, it is easily observable to non-christians by watching TV preachers and religious commentators of various types.

this one is legit from what i saw. protestors outside of them. (being pointed at and laughed at....but still), and i had heard about this one saturday night (i work at...a big coffee chain...part time. they are very....accepting of alternate lifestyles). all i heard about.

waawaaweenie
08-01-2012, 15:37
I went to one for breakfast around 7am today. not a long wait but from what I hear now it is a madhouse

happyguy
08-01-2012, 19:02
Equality Illinois is urging gay and lesbian couples to go to their local Chick-Fil-A restaurants for a “kiss-in” campaign, on August 3rd, which the group is promoting along with other gay rights organizations nationwide.

I may swing by to have a sandwich and enjoy the freak show.

Regards,
Happyguy :)

lethal tupperwa
08-01-2012, 19:05
50 minute long line for the drive through at 7 PM

the same for inside.

not ONE harsh word or any kind of complaints.

Dexters
08-01-2012, 19:53
The Chic I go to has a guy that is slightly menially handicapped in some way.

He is a great employee - polite, asks if he can take your tray and if you want a refill.

He treats others with respect and is treated the same way by customers.

If the haters had their way; he would be out of a job.

Chic is what good about free enterprise in the USA. Go to Europe and you will not find such service.

Cavalry Doc
08-01-2012, 19:53
traffic issues alerted on local news, backed up 4 miles long for one store...extra cops called to direct traffic

Charleston, SC.....................many of my church were there for lunch, looooooooooooooong lines. SUPPORT FREEDOM OF SPEECH. BTW, did I say I'm an Evangelical Christian?????????

I tried to go today at 2 pm. Lines several blocks long in both directions. Didn't see any protesters.

I went to one for breakfast around 7am today. not a long wait but from what I hear now it is a madhouse

50 minute long line for the drive through at 7 PM

the same for inside.

not ONE harsh word or any kind of complaints.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p158/CavalryDoc/rofllarge.gif

http://wordofgreen.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/I-love-when-a-plan-comes-together.gif

Good job libs, this has been very entertaining,

scccdoc
08-01-2012, 20:24
you may notice it's a common theme among TV preachers, even if they have to make it up.

Originally Posted by scccdoc

So you don't think all Christians are the same? It's not a common theme for me or my Christian friends to make things up.