Any news/updates on the Apex Extractor???? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Any news/updates on the Apex Extractor????

frostyicy
07-31-2012, 16:38
Simple questions here...

Anyone know of any news or updates on the Apex Extractor that will hopefully fix the erratic ejection problem on Glocks????

Any release date????

Thanks.

Andy W
07-31-2012, 17:09
http://www.m4carbine.net/archive/index.php/t-87993.html

Don't know if you've seen the above thread but it has some good info.

I don't know why some posters here have to be so rude about this issue. Some people are experiencing genuine problems with thier guns while others are not. Just because your Glocks work fine doesn't mean there aren't others are lying when they say they have problems with theirs. We don't need to be *****ing at and insulting each other.

ElrodCod
07-31-2012, 18:43
Last I read was possibly September.

Glock2336
08-01-2012, 06:54
http://www.m4carbine.net/archive/index.php/t-87993.html

Don't know if you've seen the above thread but it has some good info.

I don't know why some posters here have to be so rude about this issue. Some people are experiencing genuine problems with thier guns while others are not. Just because your Glocks work fine doesn't mean there aren't others are lying when they say they have problems with theirs. We don't need to be *****ing at and insulting each other.

That is why I don't post as much here :dunno:

And yes the projected release date is Fall, hopefully as soon as September.

I'll post our videos again:

http://youtu.be/lQIQiBf7SWY

http://youtu.be/_hJp2S0OIs8

frostyicy
08-01-2012, 07:06
That is why I don't post as much here :dunno:

And yes the projected release date is Fall, hopefully as soon as September.

I'll post our videos again:

Ok cool thanks, didn't know you were affiliated with Apex.

Well September is only a month away, which will be great for me because I plan to have my CCW by then and I purposely got a G19 Gen 3 because it is perfect for me for concealed carry.

So I am assuming you guys must be seeing pretty good results with the new extractor as it pertains to erratic ejection???

Glock2336
08-01-2012, 08:47
Ok cool thanks, didn't know you were affiliated with Apex.

Well September is only a month away, which will be great for me because I plan to have my CCW by then and I purposely got a G19 Gen 3 because it is perfect for me for concealed carry.

So I am assuming you guys must be seeing pretty good results with the new extractor as it pertains to erratic ejection???

I'm 750 rounds in with no brass to the face after the corrected Apex extractor was installed...

frostyicy
08-01-2012, 09:25
I'm 750 rounds in with no brass to the face after the corrected Apex extractor was installed...

Wow that's great can't wait for it to be released. You'll have one new customer for sure!!!

You guys keep up the good work!!!

Glock2336
08-01-2012, 09:28
Wow that's great can't wait for it to be released. You'll have one new customer for sure!!!

You guys keep up the good work!!!

I'm just a lowly beta tester for them :cool:

frostyicy
08-01-2012, 13:37
I'm just a lowly beta tester for them :cool:

WELL you may be a lowly beta tester for them....how can I get signed up cuz im getting tired of the little man in the barrel throwing empty cases back in my face!!! LOL

maestrogustav
08-01-2012, 15:36
So this new extractor also compensates for the need to lower the ejection port?

Glock2336
08-01-2012, 15:40
That's what they're trying to accomplish.

frostyicy
08-01-2012, 19:23
Will this be for Gen 3's as well???

Also any idea of the price range the part will be???

Glock2336
08-01-2012, 19:27
Yes
Not a definite price yet, probably around $60 due to being EDM machined with complex angles opposed to cast or MIM.

frostyicy
08-01-2012, 19:55
Yes
Not a definite price yet, probably around $60 due to being EDM machined with complex angles opposed to cast or MIM.

Cool man thanks for the info.

INEEDMILK
08-02-2012, 15:21

From the looks of the first video, it seems as if a few shells hit your face even with the updated*updated extractor.

Of the rounds you have fired, what percentage of the casings are flying erratically?

Glock2336
08-02-2012, 15:26
From the looks of the first video, it seems as if a few shells hit your face even with the updated*updated extractor.

Of the rounds you have fired, what percentage of the casings are flying erratically?

False, no cases hit my face with my G19 after it was corrected on the second day of testing. My buddies stock 2006 or older Gen 3 at the end had some cases fly back at his head on his stock gun. My buddy was lazy on the editing and should have specified that it was his gun at the end with some bttf.

Glock2336
08-02-2012, 15:34
On the second part of the question, when it was stock it depended on the ammo but it was something like 1/15 ejected at 6 o'clock and more than that ejected everywhere else.

TTex
08-03-2012, 06:55
I was sad to see the last thread degenerate and get locked. While my Gen 4 G26 responded well to a new style ejector I am still interested in the Apex kit. I have heard of the problem cropping back up and so I did want to keep an eye on the latest as far as corrections for the problem.
So is it still a kit or just the extractor? I always thought a beefed up spring would help grip the spent case.
Thanks for posting the info for the ones that are genuinely interested. If my pistols have this issue I'll be sure to look into the Apex product.

Glock2336
08-03-2012, 06:56
My videos show the extractor alone, the stronger plunger spring will be included as well.

cowboy1964
08-03-2012, 23:19
I will be getting one for sure. I have exhausted all other combinations of RSAs and ejectors.

I will be able to tell in one range session if this thing fixes it or not.

Paul53
08-04-2012, 19:32
I want one! Apex perfection!

scoobtay
08-06-2012, 11:35
My videos show the extractor alone, the stronger plunger spring will be included as well.

Shenaniguns? If not, disregard hahaha :cool:

Glock2336
08-06-2012, 11:37
Shenaniguns? If not, disregard hahaha :cool:

:wavey:

scoobtay
08-06-2012, 12:03
Oh haiii :wavey: I can't wait to get one of these extractors, my g23 is just sitting and waiting, every 4th or so round sends brass right to my right eye, ruined my pair of oakleys.

Glock2336
08-06-2012, 12:11
Oh haiii :wavey: I can't wait to get one of these extractors, my g23 is just sitting and waiting, every 4th or so round sends brass right to my right eye, ruined my pair of oakleys.

They are not making a .40 caliber extractor as of right now.

BROKE
08-15-2012, 20:45
:wavey:

:shocked::wavey:

Riverkilt
11-09-2012, 22:28
So my new out of the box 26 gen 4 spits every case into my face or head...most interested if these things came out yet. ALSO...are there instructions so a "normie" can change them out - or do I need to scout up a Glock Armorer?

Thanks

INEEDMILK
11-09-2012, 22:29
So my new out of the box 26 gen 4 spits every case into my face or head...most interested if these things came out yet. ALSO...are there instructions so a "normie" can change them out - or do I need to scout up a Glock Armorer?

Thanks

changing them out is quite easy to do

if you need to learn how to disassemble the slide then watch this

Glock Detail Strip And Reassembly (IN HD) - YouTube

Riverkilt
11-09-2012, 22:46
Thanks. Just back from the Apex Tactical web site and they seem to be out of stock. Understandable if they're hand machined. Special thanks for the video link.

dhgeyer
11-10-2012, 02:20
Thanks. Just back from the Apex Tactical web site and they seem to be out of stock. Understandable if they're hand machined. Special thanks for the video link.

The last time I looked Apex's plan was to make them in batches of 100 every two weeks. That's nowhere near enough to meet initial demand. So it's kind of like a lottery.

You need some way to be among the first to find out when a batch is done. I got mine by "liking" Apex on Facebook. They posted a status when they had the last batch done, and I ordered within a few hours. A few hours after that they were out of stock again.

I also signed up for their emailing list, which you can do on their website. That didn't work, though. I haven't gotten any emails from them.

They post on M4carbine.net in the Industry section. You might be able to get to the head of the line by following that thread over there.

You'll be able to get your order in faster if you create an account on their website in advance.

Good luck!!

bustedknee
11-10-2012, 08:01

I need one of those Glocks with the problems.

It would be perfect for my LaserMax that is a POS but people keep telling me how good theirs work and I must be mistaken. :animlol:

Riverkilt
11-10-2012, 09:58
Thanks for the tips DH....kinda like a call in radio contest...caller number 17 wins...

Off to sign up.

Okay signed up on FB and their website. See the last time they made a batch the response crashed their server....dang...wouldn't it just be easier for Glock to make them right????

Riverkilt
11-27-2012, 22:24
Okay, checked and they're in stock today. Ordered mine. Now the fun begins...

dhgeyer
11-28-2012, 07:17
Okay, checked and they're in stock today. Ordered mine. Now the fun begins...

They've been in stock since around the beginning of November. Seems like the rush for the Gen4 units is over.

clarkz71
11-28-2012, 07:31
They've been in stock since around the beginning of November. Seems like the rush for the Gen4 units is over.

As far as I know the 2nd batch was released Nov 20th.

Gen 3 sold out in a few days, last I saw gen 4 still in stock.

dhgeyer
11-28-2012, 08:17
As far as I know the 2nd batch was released Nov 20th.

Gen 3 sold out in a few days, last I saw gen 4 still in stock.

Yes, that's right. They were supposed to come out around the beginning of the month but didn't. It was the 20th.

Still, it's not like the first batch of Gen4 units that sold out in a couple of hours and brought their server down.

clarkz71
11-28-2012, 09:30
Yes, that's right. They were supposed to come out around the beginning of the month but didn't. It was the 20th.

Still, it's not like the first batch of Gen4 units that sold out in a couple of hours and brought their server down.

The first batch was only 70 units.
2nd was many more (at least 200)
of each gen.

brickboy240
11-28-2012, 15:18
According to some early tests on m4carbine's site....the new gen 3 specific extractors are working and some are still giving jams or all sorts. There are photos there as well.

...this does not inspire confidence as I begin to swap my extractor for the Apex unit as well as install the 30274 ejector.

...fingers crossed that this is the fix.

Seriously...if this does not fix my G19...I am calling it good for Glocks and going with a P30 with the light LEM trigger. Sick of this nonsense. If I wanted to tinker....I would have bought another 1911! LOL