Cruz'ing to victory [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Cruz'ing to victory

stsai465
07-31-2012, 20:01
Ordinarily a run-off election is minor local news, but this one has drawn the attention of a lot of high-powered endorsements on both sides and a lot of money.

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/07/31/open-thread-texas/

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2012/07/31/boom_cruz_wins_texas_runoff

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/07/31/texas-gop-chooses-tea-party-backed-cruz-for-gop-senate-nomination/

AP, Fox, and other sources are calling it for Cruz (up 8 pts, 28% reporting).

DOC44
07-31-2012, 20:27
Tea Party Favorite Wins Texas Runoff

The reports of the death of the TEA Party have been greatly exaggerated.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/01/us/politics/cruz-defeats-dewhurst-for-gop-nomination-in-texas-senate-race.html?_r=1&emc=na

Doc44

JBnTX
07-31-2012, 20:40
Good for Ted Cruz.

Brucev
07-31-2012, 22:15
No regrets in this race. Either man would have been fine. The most important thing is to not foul up and let the demokrats sneak into office. That is absolutely critical.

MrGlock21
07-31-2012, 22:36
"I didn't argue the case..."
All the tons of negative ads didn't work.
Good for Cruz. Good for Texas.

aircarver
08-01-2012, 07:06
RINOs take note: Shot across the bow.

brickboy240
08-01-2012, 10:52
This was huge!

Cruz beat Dewhurst in this runoff by quite a large margin.

The polling places I drove past yesterday in Houston were packed....lines around the block. Neighbor said he waited an hour in line and everyone he talked to was voting for Cruz.

RINO Dewhurst thought this was his and he spent tons of money to beat Cruz and even had the blessing of Rick Perry and tons of the TX GOP country clubber insiders. In the end..he had his head handed to him on a platter!

Like Dick Luger....this sends a very loud message that the establishment country clubber GOP'ers and moderates days are numbered.

Now...if we could just have this effect on the national RNC we'd be in great shape. You'd never see anybody like McCain or Romney get anywhere near the nomination.

- brickboy240

Gundude
08-01-2012, 11:57
Now...if we could just have this effect on the national RNC we'd be in great shape. You'd never see anybody like McCain or Romney get anywhere near the nomination.Yeah, if only...

Except you can't, because you have to vote for Romney.

beforeobamabans
08-01-2012, 12:05
This was huge!

Like Dick Luger....this sends a very loud message that the establishment country clubber GOP'ers and moderates days are numbered.

- brickboy240
Yes, Cruz and Mourdock will be a force in reforming the Senate. Good job Texas.

beforeobamabans
08-01-2012, 12:09
Yeah, if only...

Except you can't, because you have to vote for Romney.

It's looking more and more like Mr. "most electable" is blowing this. It's too bad the RNC is afraid to get behind a real conservative. Our bet bet looks like stalemate.

aircarver
08-01-2012, 13:16
Not to worry: The tea party can now turn it's guns away from the RINOs and onto Obamao ... :supergrin:

Cavalry Doc
08-01-2012, 13:25
I voted for Cruz.

aircarver
08-01-2012, 13:31
I voted for Cruz.

& appear to have had a lot of company.

The commie-crats have most certainly not heard the last of the tea party ! ... :supergrin:

Gundude
08-01-2012, 13:33
Not to worry: The tea party can now turn it's guns away from the RINOs and onto Obamao ... :supergrin:

.Yup, mission accomplished, tea party. The Republican Party is finally free of RINOs. No need to keep going after them.

Seriously, stop looking for any more, there's nothing to see here...

Honestly, no RINOs left, especially not any running for any office of significance...

Please stop going after RINOs now. You've proved your point, tea party. But now you need to stop. The stakes are too high. Now is the time to toe the establishment party line and throw your support behind the biggest RINO of them all. :whistling:

aircarver
08-01-2012, 13:36
:upeyes:

maxsnafu
08-01-2012, 13:46
Tea Party Favorite Wins Texas Runoff

The reports of the death of the TEA Party have been greatly exaggerated.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/01/us/politics/cruz-defeats-dewhurst-for-gop-nomination-in-texas-senate-race.html?_r=1&emc=na

Doc44

To the extent that the Tea Party helped elect Cruz I hope they now turn their sights on defeating Lamar(!) Alexander and the odious Lindsey Graham.

Lethaltxn
08-01-2012, 15:27
Yup, mission accomplished, tea party. The Republican Party is finally free of RINOs. No need to keep going after them.

Seriously, stop looking for any more, there's nothing to see here...

Honestly, no RINOs left, especially not any running for any office of significance...

Please stop going after RINOs now. You've proved your point, tea party. But now you need to stop. The stakes are too high. Now is the time to toe the establishment party line and throw your support behind the biggest RINO of them all. :whistling:

Hmm, cute.

brickboy240
08-01-2012, 15:29
There are still plenty of RINOs and establishment GOp members here in Texas that really have to go.

Namely Lamar Alexander, John Cornyn and ...yes...even Rick Perry.

aircarver
08-01-2012, 15:35
There are still plenty of RINOs and establishment GOp members here in Texas that really have to go.

Namely Lamar Alexander, John Cornyn and ...yes...even Rick Perry.

Especially Rick Perry ....
Who talks a good game for the election, but goes back to doing nothing after he's in ... :upeyes:

It's too bad we had to vote for him to keep out an out and out communist, but that was the choice ...

Next time will be different ....

brickboy240
08-01-2012, 15:40
Yeah...as one that lived under Bill White as our mayor...you did NOT want that POS taking Perry's place.

But yeah..next time....different story. The country clubber insider establishment GOP is becoming extinct in this state.

-brickboy240

aircarver
08-01-2012, 15:42
Yeah...as one that lived under Bill White as our mayor...you did NOT want that POS taking Perry's place.

But yeah..next time....different story. The country clubber insider establishment GOP is becoming extinct in this state.

-brickboy240

They're in the sights now, but next up:

DUMP OBAMA !

Lethaltxn
08-01-2012, 15:49

DUMP OBAMA !

Quit advocating violence you racist!
:rofl:

Gundude
08-01-2012, 16:00

DUMP OBAMA !

.C'mon now, you can say it:

ELECT ROMNEY !

Or do you die a little inside when you utter those words? Don't worry. Several wise people have said "the ends justify the means." Embrace the wisdom of those people. If electing Romney is the means to dump Obama, then so be it.

jakebrake
08-01-2012, 16:01
astro turf....huh?

gonna look like a football stadium come november.

brickboy240
08-01-2012, 16:41
Aw come on now....big media, the left and GOP establishment has been SAYING that the Tea Party has died out for a while now.

They just WISH this was true...but it certainly is not.

Look at what happened to David Dewhurst and Dick Lugar.

The Tea Party is anything but dead and things like Obama's "you didn't build that' comments and other gaffes only enrage and encourage this movement.

To that I say....great! We still have a long ways to go.

....next!

-brickboy240

DonGlock26
08-01-2012, 17:28
RINOs take note: Shot across the bow.

Yep, get with the program or GTFO.

_

Cavalry Doc
08-01-2012, 17:44
C'mon now, you can say it:

ELECT ROMNEY !

Or do you die a little inside when you utter those words? Don't worry. Several wise people have said "the ends justify the means." Embrace the wisdom of those people. If electing Romney is the means to dump Obama, then so be it.

I do get a warm and fuzzy feeling thinking about Obama.
For a different reason than the libs..... We probably have different visions of him.

Mine:
http://conservativepapers.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Obama-Uhaul.jpg

aircarver
08-01-2012, 18:03
Mine:
http://conservativepapers.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Obama-Uhaul.jpg
I love that photo !

:thumbsup:

:supergrin:

G19G20
08-02-2012, 18:51
I hate the Tea Party label being applied to grassroots groups working together. It's just another divide and conquer group labeling tactic. It wasn't the Tea Party (tm) that won it for Cruz. It was a grassroots coalition of conservatives and libertarians that won. Don't let the self-appointed Tea Party (tm) "leaders" like FreedomWorks and TPP claim credit for a win that was purely carried by individual grassroots supporters working together. Cruz isn't perfect but I know that a lot of Paul folks are working hard to get him elected so he can't be too bad of a guy. It's good to see conservatives working together and it shows the strength we ALL have if we can return to supporting true conservatives.

DOC44
08-02-2012, 20:46
I think the TEA Party and other grass roots groups work well together support true conservatives. I think it is the MSM that credits TEA Party groups for "electing" candidates. I feel MSM does that to discredit the TEA Party and the candidate. Democrats and RINOs fear and don't support them and often don't work well with people MSM identify as TEA Party candidates.

Doc44