Media Crusade Against Chick-Fil-A Continues [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Media Crusade Against Chick-Fil-A Continues

DOC44
07-31-2012, 21:14
Media Crusade Against Chick-Fil-A Continues

On July 19, CNN reporter Alison Kosik acknowledged that efforts to boycott Chick-Fil-A are not new, noting that: “It’s not the first time that people have called for a boycott of the restaurant chain.” Lately, however, media outlets have deployed their resources to help the left destroy the Christian chicken chain.

Worth the read.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/paul-wilson/2012/07/31/media-crusade-against-chick-fil-continues

Doc44

JBnTX
07-31-2012, 21:21
I'm going to have to eat a lot of chicken sandwiches just to teach the queers, and the news media, that they don't tell me where I can or cannot eat.

The constitution says that my right to eat at Chick-fil-A shall not be infringed upon.

What part of "shall not be infringed upon" don't they understand?

I'll give up my Chick-fil-A sandwiches when they pry them from my cold dead hands.

Brucev
07-31-2012, 22:13
Let the queers and those who stand behind them protest, complain, whine, etc. There is always a little bit of wastage that gets lost in any process. They are that loss. The rest of America will continue to go right on about its business... giving its business to companies like Chick-Fil-A.

snerd
08-01-2012, 00:58
Free speech for me but not for thee. The owner has every right to express his belief in traditional marriage. Seems that some folks aren't afforded their First Amendment right to free speech when it disagrees with the liberal agenda. Hopefully these "crusaders" will be seen for the narrow-minded, democrat, tax and spend, business as usual politicians, sucking the will and the money out of what was once a great country called America.

G-19
08-01-2012, 03:33
I am going to sit down tonight and write an email to Chick-fil-A expressing my support for them in this situation. I average eating there once a week, may have to pick it up some.

IvanVic
08-01-2012, 05:07
I'm going to have to eat a lot of chicken sandwiches just to teach the queers, and the news media, that they don't tell me where I can or cannot eat.

Increasing the amount of chicken sandwiches you eat because of something a CNN reporter says is pretty much the definition of "the media telling you where to eat."

G17Jake
08-01-2012, 05:20
I ate at chick-fil-a last Saturday, and will either go there today or tomorrow. Some of my co-workers will be going today, maybe I will go with them if my schedule allows.

JBnTX
08-01-2012, 05:29
Increasing the amount of chicken sandwiches you eat because of something a CNN reporter says is pretty much the definition of "the media telling you where to eat."

No, it's not!

Cavalry Doc
08-01-2012, 06:22
In support of free speech, I had breakfast there today. Long lines too.

Looks like the buycot is on.

Gunhaver
08-01-2012, 07:14
Somebody red flags a business as anti-gun on GT once a week and we all take note not to give them our money anymore. How is this any different? Just people not wanting to contribute to something counterproductive to what they believe.

series1811
08-01-2012, 07:18
Somebody red flags a business as anti-gun on GT once a week and we all take note not to give them our money anymore. How is this any different? Just people not wanting to contribute to something counterproductive to what they believe.

Okay, so Chick-Fil-A doesn't think gay people should be married and liberals like you think money will get people to change their basic moral principals.

It won't and that says more about the difference between liberals and conservatives than anything else liberals could do.

I don't doubt you don't get it.

TheExplorer
08-01-2012, 07:19

Exactly. Don't like it, go to KFC. It's called FREEDOM for a reason. Everyone should be able to make up their own mind without the media's help. But if you base your entire philosophy on the media, you have another problem.

snowbird
08-01-2012, 08:57
Somebody red flags a business as anti-gun on GT once a week and we all take note not to give them our money anymore. How is this any different?

Anti-gun = anti-self-defense of good people, therefore = anti-American.

Being anti-Chick-Fil-A these days = anti-traditional family values = trying to destroy the nation's morality, leading to its destruction = anti-American.

That's the difference.

whoflungdo
08-01-2012, 09:01
In support of free speech, I had breakfast there today. Long lines too.

Looks like the buycot is on.

I had a supporter of the boycott tell me yesterday, that the negative news is negatively effecting CFA. Just not in places like around here in MS. Their poll numbers are down...:rofl:

I've been going more since all this happened, went today for breakfast, and plan on going at lunch or dinner today too. They are just as busy, lines just as long. I'm guessing negative polls do not correlate to not buying the product....

dbak
08-01-2012, 09:03
Ate there yesterday and it was packed at 10:00 am

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Al Czervik
08-01-2012, 09:04
Looks like lunch at CFA for us today. Just wish the spicy nuggets would return.

whoflungdo

One last try... Most businesses that are anti-gun discriminate against law abiding gun owners and post the gun-buster signs, preventing people from entering if they are carrying a gun. It is not analogous to the owners of CFA position on gay marriage. Until CFA starts discriminating against a group, refusing service to a group, or doesn't allow a group to enter their business, it's not the same. It's an apples to orange comparison.

dbak

Being anti-Chick-Fil-A these days = anti-traditional family values = trying to destroy the nation's morality, leading to its destruction = anti-American.

That's the difference.

What he said

greentriple
08-01-2012, 09:14

That's the difference.

Wow, to you make all life decisions using the same reasoning?

There have been many a business whose owners support right wing exclusionary hate, yet liberals and conservatives consume their products without issue or soapbox politics. Carl's Jr., Dominos Pizza to name two. Further there are many other pop-culture "icons" that do the same with music and movies. Or the origins of an idea, product or tradition started from vial minds. The Olympic torch walk and the volkswagen. The beauty of AMERICA is all speech is protected and we as AMERICANS can CHOOSE to listen, or not.

I'm liberal, I support gay marriage, I like Chick-fil-A. The company does not campaign against the homosexual community, the founders have "traditional" Christian beliefs regarding marriage, so what. I found the TacoBell chihuahua a racist demeaning sales campaign, so I stopped eating there, I did not care if others continued to indulge in their chalupas. I might give them my opinion on the issue but then let them decide what works for them.

Boots45acp
08-01-2012, 09:18
Drove 84 miles round trip yesterday just to have lunch at the closet CFA.
Glad I did and I will do it again.

Mrs. VR
08-01-2012, 09:37
Reminder: slurs/demeaning posts re: sexual orientation,nets are a violation of the GT TOS. http://www.glocktalk.com/terms.php

IvanVic
08-01-2012, 10:20
No, it's not!

You are professing that you will increase your consumption of a certain good based on something that happened in the media.

Can you explain to me how that is not allowing the media to dictate your behavior?

A person that was not influenced by the media would eat where they please, and would not decrease or increase their consumption of a good based on a media event concerning homosexual couples.

DOC44
08-01-2012, 10:32
:moonie::puking:

Doc44

Blast
08-01-2012, 10:32
You are professing that you will increase your consumption of a certain good based on something that happened in the media.

Can you explain to me how that is not allowing the media to dictate your behavior?

A person that was not influenced by the media would eat where they please, and would not decrease or increase their consumption of a good based on a media event concerning homosexual couples.
Fail.:upeyes:

I doubt JBnTX was blindly influenced by a media story. More likely, as with me, it is a case of appreciation for standing up for what's right. Very simple.

Progressive liberal thinking is flawed to the bone.

Cavalry Doc
08-01-2012, 10:42

Seems to me it's a refusal to let the media influence you. I also shop at our local farmers market, to help them as much as it is to get better produce.

Liberals can feel free to put their money where their mouth is, or not. Don't fret about it when conservatives do the same.

If increasing business at a place helps keep libs from exerting pressure on a business, that's a good thing. The fact that they whine about it is just icing on the cake.:tongueout:

Gunhaver
08-01-2012, 10:58

That's the difference.

Mh'hm, YOU think guns are good and gays are bad. Whoopty friggin do. :upeyes:

To those that don't think that way there is no difference.

Gunhaver
08-01-2012, 11:05
Okay, so Chick-Fil-A doesn't think gay people should be married and liberals like you think money will get people to change their basic moral principals.

It won't and that says more about the difference between liberals and conservatives than anything else liberals could do.

I don't doubt you don't get it.

You know what does get people to change their basic moral values? When they see constant fail on one side of an argument and not so much on the other. Might explain why the country as a whole are way more fine with gay people than it used to be. If you "Moral Decline of America!!!" folks are so damn smart and articulate then why are you loosing this battle so badly?

But money works too. You hit somebody in the pocketbook hard enough and they'll STFU real quick.

UtahGlocker
08-01-2012, 11:07
I really don't understand the problem.

Chick-fil-A representatives have the right to say they don't like same-sex marriage. First Amendment rights upheld as no one has faced legal problems.

Those in favor of equal rights for homosexuals and gay marriage speak out about it and choose to take their money elsewhere. First Amendment rights upheld.

You either agree with Chick-fil-A and support their business, you disagree with them and spend your money elsewhere, or you are indifferent. Your First Amendment rights are upheld.

Can we please tone down the drama? :upeyes:

DOC44
08-01-2012, 11:14

Chick-fil-A representatives have the right to say they don't like same-sex marriage. First Amendment rights upheld as no one has faced legal problems.

Those in favor of equal rights for homosexuals and gay marriage speak out about it and choose to take their money elsewhere. First Amendment rights upheld.

You either agree with Chick-fil-A and support their business, you disagree with them and spend your money elsewhere, or you are indifferent. Your First Amendment rights are upheld.

"Some people" are just overly sensitive and can't take "no" for an answer without getting their panties in a wad and pitching a hissy fit.

DOC44
08-01-2012, 11:15

"Some people" are just overly sensitive and can't take "no" for an answer without getting their panties in a wad and pitching a hissy fit.

Doc44

whoflungdo
08-01-2012, 11:19

So in all fairness you have made this same plea with the media ( the ones that have blown this all out of proportion), the mayors that were trying to stifle the 1st Amendment rights of the owners of Chick-Fil-A, and the pro gay advocates? Or did you just come on this site/forum and make that plea?

Gunhaver
08-01-2012, 11:20

The media is supporting the gays on this one. That's the problem. First amendment be dammed when those that have sex with unapproved people benefit from it.

G29Reload
08-01-2012, 11:20

except they contribute publicity and realize how unpopular their stupid message is when it backfires and makes CFA richer than ever.

I hope they boycott from now till hell freezes over cause it CFA are packed and i'm gonna jump on the pile tonight for dinner and even breakfast on the way in in the morning.

when people realize the queers are trying to take over and force everyone to recognize their deviance they vote with their feet and wallets. they're gonna wish they had kept their mouths shut.

G29Reload
08-01-2012, 11:27
You know what does get people to change their basic moral values? When they see constant fail on one side of an argument and not so much on the other. Might explain why the country as a whole are way more fine with gay people than it used to be.

Talk about Fail. gay marriage has been voted down in every jurisdiction its been tried.

If you "Moral Decline of America!!!" folks are so damn smart and articulate then why are you loosing this battle so badly?

See above. Winning!

But money works too. You hit somebody in the pocketbook hard enough and they'll STFU real quick.

Yep, CFA will rake it in today. Dan Cathy will have all KINDS of cash to give to .orgs supporting traditional marriage and combatting the menace.

Gunhaver
08-01-2012, 11:29
except they contribute publicity and realize how unpopular their stupid message is when it backfires and makes CFA richer than ever.

I hope they boycott from now till hell freezes over cause it CFA are packed and i'm gonna jump on the pile tonight for dinner and even breakfast on the way in in the morning.

when people realize the queers are trying to take over and force everyone to recognize their deviance they vote with their feet and wallets. they're gonna wish they had kept their mouths shut.

I guess time will tell when the surge of "supporters" dies down and Chic feels the real aftermath. Maybe they'll go under, maybe they'll just go back to normal, maybe every other business out there will realize that calling attention to their anti-gay donating ways could be a smart business move.

But one thing I know for sure is that Americans have ADD and they have it bad. Hey look! American Idol is on.

Edit: :supergrin: Now that I think about which side of the political spectrum is most likely to be distracted by American Idol it may not have been the best of examples. Oh well, it'll be interesting to watch it play out.

whoflungdo
08-01-2012, 11:37
I guess time will tell when the surge of "supporters" dies down and Chic feels the real aftermath. Maybe they'll go under, maybe they'll just go back to normal, maybe every other business out there will realize that calling attention to their anti-gay donating ways could be a smart business move.

But one thing I know for sure is that Americans have ADD and they have it bad. Hey look! American Idol is on.

Edit: :supergrin: Now that I think about which side of the political spectrum is most likely to be distracted by American Idol it may not have been the best of examples. Oh well, it'll be interesting to watch it play out.

I highly doubt they will go out of business anytime soon. Here is a quote from their web-site "System-wide sales in 2011 reached $4.1 billion. These figures reflect an 13.08 percent increase over the chain's 2010 performance and a same-store sales increase of 7 percent."

http://www.chick-fil-a.com/Company/Highlights-Fact-Sheets

They opening up stores in new markets and additional stores in markets they are already in.

But you are correct about American ADD.. If we didn't have it, we wouldn't need term limitations on our elected officials.

G29Reload
08-01-2012, 11:40
I guess time will tell when the surge of "supporters" dies down and Chic feels the real aftermath. Maybe they'll go under,

hahhaaaaa! :rofl:

dream on, liberal!

-in business 66 years (since 1946)
-over 1600 locations
-operates, and policy of operating...debt free.

You don't get that big and last that long by not getting it right.

As if the surge of support they're seeing is just some flash in the pan.

their business will grow substantially.

They will be in business long after you're dead.

Gunhaver
08-01-2012, 11:41
Talk about Fail. gay marriage has been voted down in every jurisdiction its been tried.

Funny thing that. Who votes on that issue? People that can't stand the thought vote against and people that are gay and some of their non gay supporters vote for. As public acceptance grows the support grows an the below chart shows has been happening over the years.

See above. Winning!

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/public-acceptance-of-same-sex-marriage-at-all-time-high/

http://blogs.e-rockford.com/applesauce/2012/05/14/public-acceptance-of-gays-is-the-new-normal/

You sure about that?

Yep, CFA will rake it in today. Dan Cathy will have all KINDS of cash to give to .orgs supporting traditional marriage and combatting the menace.

Looks like they're going to need every dime they can get. Fine with me if they want to waste their money on a lost cause. I once heard that conservatism was the act of stand steadfast on the face of the inevitable and yelling, "Stop!". This is the perfect example of that.

DOC44
08-01-2012, 11:44

Thought this would be more you cup of latte.

http://media.nola.com/tv_impact/photo/10018456-large.jpg

Doc44

Blast
08-01-2012, 11:45
http://www.cc.org/sites/default/files/13/ChickfilaDay.jpg

http://winteryknight.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/chick-fil-a_august1.jpg

Gunhaver
08-01-2012, 11:48
hahhaaaaa! :rofl:

dream on, liberal!

-in business 66 years (since 1946)
-over 1600 locations
-operates, and policy of operating...debt free.

You don't get that big and last that long by not getting it right.

As if the surge of support they're seeing is just some flash in the pan.

their business will grow substantially.

They will be in business long after you're dead.

Great. Maybe when this gay marriage thing is settled by the courts they can take that money and do something useful with it like go buy another garage full of Ferraris or something.

G29Reload
08-01-2012, 11:53
they can take that money and do something useful with it like go buy another garage full of Ferraris or something.

You still don't get it. They don't squander either.

Eventually the courts will be overruled by the people, who continually say they don't want it, no matter what some legislate-from-the-bench judge thinks.

ChuteTheMall
08-01-2012, 11:55
Open carry would have preserved the awesomeness of this.

http://i50.tinypic.com/msdh.jpg

:alex::panties::aodnsb:

Gunhaver
08-01-2012, 12:04
You still don't get it. They don't squander either.

Eventually the courts will be overruled by the people, who continually say they don't want it, no matter what some legislate-from-the-bench judge thinks.
What squander? You buy the right ones and they shoot up in value every time some idiot crashes one.*
Really? That's funny since we have it up here in Iowa and nobody ever seems to even talk about it. Doesn't cause any problems at all. I'd go so far as to say that it wasn't even an issue. Well, gas prices did go up six pennies the day after it went into effect but I've yet to figure out the connection.

You might be surprised what the world is like once you step out of the bass boat and tree stand and converse with some real humans.

IvanVic
08-01-2012, 12:18
Seems to me it's a refusal to let the media influence you.

Going out and intentionally altering your purchasing habits because of a breaking story in the media is "refusing to let the media influence you?"

Powermwt
08-01-2012, 12:23
http://localtvwhnt.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/decatur_jarrod_davis.jpg?w=560

Seems they are so busy there are lines out the door.

Iv'e never been to one.

ModGlock17
08-01-2012, 12:37
Seems they are so busy there are lines out the door.

it's not as busy in my area, but the increase in traffic is evident. I've previously stated that they may see 10% increase in business, probably too conservative of an estimate.

Dumb libs and their news media turn out to be Chic's best friend, at the end of the day.

In another story, many local businesses are starting to post a sign that says something to the effect of "I built this business... "

Aah, yes. "I am a uniter not a divider."

whoflungdo
08-01-2012, 12:40
it's not as busy in my area, but the increase in traffic is evident. I've previously stated that they may see 10% increase in business, probably too conservative of an estimate.

Dumb libs and their news media turn out to be Chic's best friend, at the end of the day.

In another story, many local businesses are starting to post a sign that says something to the effect of "I built this business... "

Just think of all the chickens that died needlessly because of the anti-traditional marriage crowd...

ModGlock17
08-01-2012, 12:45
Just think of all the chickens that died needlessly because of the anti-traditional marriage crowd...

Now we need to buy Jenny Craig stock.... LOL

whoflungdo
08-01-2012, 12:48
Now we need to buy Jenny Craig stock.... LOL

Nah, I drink their diet lemonade...

Gundude
08-01-2012, 14:05
Eventually the courts will be overruled by the people, who continually say they don't want it, no matter what some legislate-from-the-bench judge thinks.Are you fine with that?

If so, are you fine with this:

Eventually the constitution will be overruled by the people, who continually say they don't want it, no matter what some outdated piece of paper says.

Which do you think will happen first?

Gunhaver
08-01-2012, 14:41
Are you fine with that?

If so, are you fine with this:

Eventually the constitution will be overruled by the people, who continually say they don't want it, no matter what some outdated piece of paper says.

Which do you think will happen first?

He's fine with it when it goes his way. He's fine with a lot of things when they go his way.

series1811
08-01-2012, 15:32
I confess, I didn't eat at Chick-Fil-A today. I was going to, but the place was literally full to overflowing. I will come back when the media furor dies down and it goes back to normal lines.

Obviously, this boycott is succeeding beyond their wildest dreams (Chick-Fil-A's dreams).

brickboy240
08-01-2012, 15:34
Yes, every location I pass in this city is crazy full of people. Even at 3:00 in the afternoon.

Looks like the boycott and protest backfired big time on the leftists.

Way to go..morons! You got people that probably never go there to cram the place full. Any more bright ideas from the gay mafia?

-brickboy240

jakebrake
08-01-2012, 15:37
like i said before....

series1811
08-01-2012, 15:43
like i said before....

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

jakebrake
08-01-2012, 15:47
the intellectual dishonesty has actually gotten nauseating with some of this nonsense.

boycott whoever you like. when you're the only one not patronizing an establishment, take a good look at yourself.

"tolerance" cuts both ways. you're gay? fine. knock yourself out. i couldn't care less. don't expect me or mine to fall on the sword for your cause. because, yet again, i couldn't care less.

gay marriage doesn't affect me one way or the other....and i do love that spicy chicken sandwich.

snerd
08-01-2012, 15:59
We stopped in at 2:30pm and had to wait 15 minutes to get to the counter! Forget the drive-thru........... a line of cars wrapped around the building twice! There were 2 young guys picketing near the entrance with a pathetic cardboard sign, but they left after awhile. The 112 degree temp did 'em in! Overall it was a fantastic show of support for the chain!

GT4494
08-01-2012, 16:26

But think about all the cows that were saved. :rofl:

snerd
08-01-2012, 16:32
FNC's Shep Smith Slams 'Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day'
On his way out to commercial break at 3:24 p.m. Eastern, Studio B host Shep Smith noted that August 1 is "National Badminton Day," and quipped "Forget National Day of Intolerance, let's just stay with badminton."
Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/ken-shepherd/2012/08/01/subtle-dig-colleague-mike-huckabee-fncs-shep-smith-slams-chick-fil-app#ixzz22KvHa8PY

News without the views, please.

snerd
08-01-2012, 16:37
Chick-fil-A not alone in touting religion alongside products

Chick-fil-A president Dan Cathy is not the only business tycoon who refuses to hide his faith under a bushel — top executives from some of America’s biggest companies are born-again Christians who talk about their beliefs more often than their balance sheets.

Major corporations like Tyson Foods, Interstate Batteries and Hobby Lobby were either founded or are now led by outspoken and deeply religious bosses. While some of the companies distinguish between their corporate identities and their leaders’ faith, others embrace it.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/01/chick-fil-not-alone-in-touting-religion-alongside-products/#ixzz22KwWGfZD

madbaumer
08-01-2012, 18:05
The Line...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/THEBAUM/0ff62714.jpg

The Service...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/THEBAUM/0b09463f.jpg

The Food...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/THEBAUM/be12efe7.jpg

Cavalry Doc
08-01-2012, 18:28
Going out and intentionally altering your purchasing habits because of a breaking story in the media is "refusing to let the media influence you?"

Yes. If the media pushes you to vote for Barry, and you oppose that push, you are not succumbing to media pressure. You are in fact opposing it.

I am absolutely happy that people opposed the suggestion to hurt this business because the CEO expressed an opinion.

After being reacquainted with their menu after many years of avoiding fast food(unless taking a road trip that required speed), I will probably stop by on my way to work from time to time now.

I guess I have liberals to thank for that. But I don't overindulge, so it's not a problem, just something that makes me laugh a little inside when I think about liberals crapping themselves over the backlash they have received for their push to hush up a private citizen by threatening to hurt his business.

Libs can stay away from Chik-fil-a as much as they want to. No Big. I don't buy dixie chick CD's. How those chicks doin' by the way?

:supergrin:

IvanVic
08-01-2012, 18:54
Yes. If the media pushes you to vote for Barry, and you oppose that push, you are not succumbing to media pressure. You are in fact opposing it.

You want to inject politics into this. I am trying to remove the political aspect of it, because that seems to be clouding your judgement here.

After being reacquainted with their menu after many years of avoiding fast food(unless taking a road trip that required speed), I will probably stop by on my way to work from time to time now.

The head of Chick-Fil-A has always felt this way about gay marriage. His opinion has not changed. The only difference is that the media has made a big deal of his opinion, and you have responded by altering your purchasing behavior. That, by definition, is a prime example of the media influencing your behavior.

G17Jake
08-01-2012, 19:26
I stood in a long line at Chick-fil-A to stand for free speech.

This was a sign to the media that we aren't buying what they are selling. I am free to disagree with gays and anyone else.

rgregoryb
08-01-2012, 19:43
Great. Maybe when this gay marriage thing is settled by the courts they can take that money and do something useful with it like go buy another garage full of Ferraris or something.

there you go ,comrade...if they would redistribute the chicken sandwiches to your sick friends you'd be golden....jealousy rears it's ugly head

Cavalry Doc
08-01-2012, 20:06
You want to inject politics into this. I am trying to remove the political aspect of it, because that seems to be clouding your judgement here.

The head of Chick-Fil-A has always felt this way about gay marriage. His opinion has not changed. The only difference is that the media has made a big deal of his opinion, and you have responded by altering your purchasing behavior. That, by definition, is a prime example of the media influencing your behavior.

I'm trying hard not to use the word "retard" here, but it is difficult.

If you are pushed one way by a group, and you push back in an opposite direction, most people with a 10 word or more vocabulary would call that OPPOSITION.

I'm very sorry if you cannot get this simple point. Tell your caretakers to bring you some ice cream later as a consolation.

:dunno::dunno::dunno:

ETA: Oops, my bad.:embarassed:

IvanVic
08-01-2012, 20:21
I'm trying hard not to use the word "retard" here, but it is difficult.

Surely you can argue your point without insulting me, no?

If you are pushed one way by a group, and you push back in an opposite direction, most people with a 10 word or more vocabulary would call that OPPOSITION.

You have admitted that your purchasing behavior has changed as a result of the media breaking a story. Yet, somehow, you are simultaneously claiming that the media is not influencing your purchasing behavior. This is a direct contradiction, and I'm not sure how you are justifying it.

You seem to be blind to this contradiction simply because, in this case, you happen to agree with Chick-A-Fila.

Dexters
08-01-2012, 20:21
The Line...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/THEBAUM/0ff62714.jpg

The Service...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/THEBAUM/0b09463f.jpg

The Food...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/THEBAUM/be12efe7.jpg

They hire black people and use black food containers.

What does that mean? Is it some sort of racist thing?

Should the NAACP be boycotting CFA?

DOC44
08-01-2012, 21:08

You have admitted that your purchasing behavior has changed as a result of the media breaking a story. Yet, somehow, you are simultaneously claiming that the media is not influencing your purchasing behavior. This is a direct contradiction, and I'm not sure how you are justifying it.

You seem to be blind to this contradiction simply because, in this case, you happen to agree with Chick-A-Fila.

Today was about standing up for "right" against wrong/unjust actions by those in a power position. I bet rham wishes he hadn't openned that Pandora's box.

Doc44

IvanVic
08-01-2012, 21:18
Today was about standing up for "right" against wrong/unjust actions by those in a power position. I bet rham wishes he hadn't openned that Pandora's box.

Doc44

I guess I don't really mind either way. The only thing that dictates whether or not I eat at Chick-A-Fila is if I am in the mood for a quick meal, and want to eat a chicken sandwich. I don't care whether or not the media makes a big deal about the head of Chick-A-Fila supporting, or not supporting gay marriage. It seems to me as though this thinking would be an example of the media not influencing decision making.

countrygun
08-01-2012, 21:23
I am shocked that everyone let this little gem slip. (I looked, couldn't see that anyone noticed.)

The media is supporting the gays on this one. That's the problem. First amendment be dammed when those that have sex with unapproved people benefit from it.

He admits the media is taking sides. Apparently he is perfectly happy with the media taking a liberal side.

He never even questions the media taking a side. So, on the good side, since the majority of the media is slanting to the left, he is probably happy the FOX is the most watched news outlet. Because that pulls the medias "average" closer to fair and balanced.

Cavalry Doc
08-01-2012, 21:57

On occasion, there are opposing views. And opposing bad things proposed by a group (media) is a good thing. Anyone that has ever fought for a cause bigger than themselves would understand that.

With your logic, African Americans that choose to vote for Romney are being outed as slaves to Obama commercials.

There comes a point where you can twist a point until it is invalid, and you are certainly there.

traffic issues alerted on local news, backed up 4 miles long for one store...extra cops called to direct traffic

dinner tonight. sandwich, extra pickles, waffle fries, large diet lemonade, maybe a brownie.

i hear its huge. line of 30 for a mobile cfa truck in downtown gay as sheet DC, sterling va has local councilman hyping it, tales of lines around the corner nationwide.

Charleston, SC.....................many of my church were there for lunch, looooooooooooooong lines. SUPPORT FREEDOM OF SPEECH. BTW, did I say I'm an Evangelical Christian?????????

I tried to go today at 2 pm. Lines several blocks long in both directions. Didn't see any protesters.

I went to one for breakfast around 7am today. not a long wait but from what I hear now it is a madhouse

50 minute long line for the drive through at 7 PM

the same for inside.

not ONE harsh word or any kind of complaints.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p158/CavalryDoc/rofllarge.gif

http://wordofgreen.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/I-love-when-a-plan-comes-together.gif

Good job libs, this has been very entertaining,

DOC44
08-01-2012, 22:09
So many either have no idea what this is all about or are pretending they don't to avoid admitting the total fail of rham and the other city monarchs.

Can't wait to go by Friday to see the freak kiss show and take some pictures...... total fools.

Would be a good time and place to hand out info on AIDS testing.

Doc44

UtahGlocker
08-01-2012, 22:13

I'm a little confused. I've heard media stories both in favor of Chick-fil-A (in support of their first amendment rights to speak out) and those opposed (in support of equal rights). In fact, today is "Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day" as organized by Mike Huckabee, former politician turned host on the Fox New Channel (aka "The media").

Were you influenced to eat at Chick-fil-A today by Mike Huckabee (aka "the media") and his "Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day?" or was it a random decision? Maybe you just listen to left wing news sources and didn't know about the right wing stories that have kept this story alive, perhaps more so than the left wing media?

DOC44
08-01-2012, 22:18
I went and ate a chicken sandwich in support of CFA before Huckabee said anything. It was just the right thing to do.

Doc44

Blast
08-01-2012, 22:32

It wouldn't matter if I heard it from the media or from Joe Blow down the road.
It is the facts that are important, not the method of delivery.
I support Chick-Fil-A for their stance, not because the media happened to present it.:rofl:

The progressive liberal speak is getting more and more ridiculous.:upeyes:

countrygun
08-01-2012, 22:45
I support Chick-Fil-A for their stance, not because the media happened to present it.:rofl:

it is patently silly. they all admit that the media put a liberal spin on it. They completely disregard even the pretense of balance in the media. and because they are blind followers of the media they can't understan that the facts alone could influence anyone. They are so used to being influenced by everything BUT the facts, it's a foreign concept to them

Gunhaver
08-02-2012, 02:39
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/558249_4308435507325_160763061_n.jpg

G29Reload
08-02-2012, 02:51
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/558249_4308435507325_160763061_n.jpg

This one wasn't for Jesus…he already knows how we feel.

This was in response to the facist left, speech restricting intolerant gay crowd that wants to shove their deviance down everyone elses throats while telling us we're not entitled to our opinion.

As far as feeding starving children, quite a few were probably fed. The Cathys give generously to charity even without events like todays.

You fail greatly. Like the one lone clown with ponytail and nosering :rofl: and his STOP HATE sign outside the CFA in Sterling, VA today that was swamped with between 500-1000 people and cars around the block...

Gunhaver
08-02-2012, 03:48
This one wasn't for Jesus…he already knows how we feel.

This was in response to the facist left, speech restricting intolerant gay crowd that wants to shove their deviance down everyone elses throats while telling us we're not entitled to our opinion.

As far as feeding starving children, quite a few were probably fed. The Cathys give generously to charity even without events like todays.

You fail greatly. Like the one lone clown with ponytail and nosering :rofl: and his STOP HATE sign outside the CFA in Sterling, VA today that was swamped with between 500-1000 people and cars around the block...

Got news for you,
http://www.christianpost.com/news/one-million-moms-fights-against-jc-penneys-same-sex-fathers-day-ad-75901/

http://www.advocate.com/news/daily-news/2010/07/23/afa-boycotting-progay-home-depot

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/technology/internet/video-american-family-association-threatens-boycott-google-over-pro-gay

And this one has a list of 25 companies that have faced boycotts from conservative "family values" organizations for supporting gay rights.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/28/oreo-backlash-companies-anti-gay-boycott_n_1634767.html

When JCPenny puts out an ad with two fathers playing with their kids that's called free speech. Same with all the other companies advertising what they like how they like. Free speech. But that doesn't stop the fascist right from trying to suppress those company's freedom by calling for everyone to boycott them. And the act of calling for those boycotts is free speech as well, whichever side does it.

But you see it a different way. Suppression of rights when the LGBT organizations do it but just fine when your BS "family values" organizations do it. Did you not know about this? Have you been living under a rock and not heard about the JCPenny or Home Depot debacle or any of the others or are you just being willfully ignorant of those instances and hoping nobody notices? Or maybe you just think that free speech is something that shouldn't be allowed if you determine that someone is "deviant" (to use one of your favorite meaningless words) or they don't hold the same political views as you.

Now who's full of fail?

Edit: Oops, looks like one of those companies is Starbucks.
http://www.dumpstarbucks.com/documents/memo.pdf
That's gotta cause some mixed emotions around here.

fortyofforty
08-02-2012, 05:08
The Natsos have a long history of demonizing certain businesses. Natsos don't like WalMart and, rather than simply not shop there, they seek to prevent WalMart from opening stores and try to have other stores closed down. Same with Chick-Fil-A now, where, rather than simply taking their business elsewhere, the judgmental Natsos try to prevent the business from opening new restaurants. When the Natsos can't win at the ballot box or cash register, they seek to impose their will by fiat and diktat.

IvanVic
08-02-2012, 05:09
On occasion, there are opposing views. And opposing bad things proposed by a group (media) is a good thing. Anyone that has ever fought for a cause bigger than themselves would understand that.

With your logic, African Americans that choose to vote for Romney are being outed as slaves to Obama commercials.

There comes a point where you can twist a point until it is invalid, and you are certainly there.

You are ignoring the fact that part of the media is telling you to support Chick-A-Fila. Are you still sticking with your original story - claiming that as a result of this story, you have changed your purchasing behavior?

I'm a little confused. I've heard media stories both in favor of Chick-fil-A (in support of their first amendment rights to speak out) and those opposed (in support of equal rights). In fact, today is "Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day" as organized by Mike Huckabee, former politician turned host on the Fox New Channel (aka "The media").

Were you influenced to eat at Chick-fil-A today by Mike Huckabee (aka "the media") and his "Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day?" or was it a random decision? Maybe you just listen to left wing news sources and didn't know about the right wing stories that have kept this story alive, perhaps more so than the left wing media?

It was not a random decision, as he explicitly stated that he is going to eat at this establishment because of this story.

The restaurant was founded by a religious individual. His position has not changed - the only difference is that the media has spun it into a story. I am not quite sure why you and others want to inject politics into this, as the discussion I am trying to have can be had completely absent of politics.

Blast
08-02-2012, 05:20
The restaurant was founded by a religious individual. His position has not changed - the only difference is that the media has spun it into a story. I am not quite sure why you and others want to inject politics into this, as the discussion I am trying to have can be had completely absent of politics.
It was the gays and gay supporters who injected politics by protesting a man's convictions. I agree with and support the man's convictions.

ticktwrter
08-02-2012, 05:34
I went past the local Chick-fil-A here in South Bend several times yesterday and EVERY time the lines of cars were backed up well over 100 yards from the entrance to the lot and there were ALWAYS lines of people trying to get in. This restaurant is always busy but I have never seen it like this. There's a news story how they ran out of food before the end of the business day and had to close.

series1811
08-02-2012, 06:28
How about we cut to the chase of it.

Is there anybody posting here, who has changed their mind on this issue, in the slightest way, since reading the OP?

I know I haven't. If you can be talked out of a position on a moral issue, it probably wasn't much of a moral issue to begin with.

Cavalry Doc
08-02-2012, 06:31
You are ignoring the fact that part of the media is telling you to support Chick-A-Fila. Are you still sticking with your original story - claiming that as a result of this story, you have changed your purchasing behavior?

It was not a random decision, as he explicitly stated that he is going to eat at this establishment because of this story.

Ivan, How about if we just agree that if all of us supporting chik fil a upsets you in any way, that we find that entertaining. Spin it any way you want to in your own imagination, if you want to, you can even believe that we are laughing with you instead of at you. :tongueout::rofl::tongueout::rofl:

aircarver
08-02-2012, 06:36
Holy crap !

I thought this was just a few places ! I couldn't get near the Chik-fil-A s local to me yesterday ! ....:wow:

I like to think these are microcosms of what's going to happen in November when people turn out with blood in their eyes to throw the commies out ... :supergrin:

rgregoryb
08-02-2012, 06:44

c'mon Rainman, people decided to take a stand regardless of how the message was delivered.

fortyofforty
08-02-2012, 07:11
Maybe all you Natsos can get together one night and smash the windows of all the Chick-fil-A restaurants. Maybe you could smash the windows of all the businesses owned by devout Christians. You could call it Crystal Night or the Night of the Broken Glass, maybe. That would teach those intolerant Christians a lesson about respect for differing opinions, for sure.

http://cdn.theatlantic.com/static/infocus/ows110311/s_o37_02051013.jpg

You've already had some practice. I'm sure these folks are on your side, and are looking for something to do.

DOC44
08-02-2012, 07:17
Maybe all you Natsos can get together one night and smash the windows of all the Chick-fil-A restaurants. Maybe you could smash the windows of all the businesses owned by devout Christians. You could call it Crystal Night or the Night of the Broken Glass, maybe. That would teach those intolerant Christians a lesson about respect for differing opinions, for sure.

http://cdn.theatlantic.com/static/infocus/ows110311/s_o37_02051013.jpg

You've already had some practice. I'm sure these folks are on your side, and are looking for something to do.

These guys would make me scared and fear for the safety of me and my wife if we were there.

Doc44

DOC44
08-02-2012, 07:27
Got news for you,
http://www.christianpost.com/news/one-million-moms-fights-against-jc-penneys-same-sex-fathers-day-ad-75901/

http://www.advocate.com/news/daily-news/2010/07/23/afa-boycotting-progay-home-depot

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/technology/internet/video-american-family-association-threatens-boycott-google-over-pro-gay

And this one has a list of 25 companies that have faced boycotts from conservative "family values" organizations for supporting gay rights.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/28/oreo-backlash-companies-anti-gay-boycott_n_1634767.html

When JCPenny puts out an ad with two fathers playing with their kids that's called free speech. Same with all the other companies advertising what they like how they like. Free speech. But that doesn't stop the fascist right from trying to suppress those company's freedom by calling for everyone to boycott them. And the act of calling for those boycotts is free speech as well, whichever side does it.

But you see it a different way. Suppression of rights when the LGBT organizations do it but just fine when your BS "family values" organizations do it. Did you not know about this? Have you been living under a rock and not heard about the JCPenny or Home Depot debacle or any of the others or are you just being willfully ignorant of those instances and hoping nobody notices? Or maybe you just think that free speech is something that shouldn't be allowed if you determine that someone is "deviant" (to use one of your favorite meaningless words) or they don't hold the same political views as you.

Now who's full of fail?

Edit: Oops, looks like one of those companies is Starbucks.
http://www.dumpstarbucks.com/documents/memo.pdf
That's gotta cause some mixed emotions around here.

If you don't like white meat breasts sandwiched go eat an all beef hot dog and fantasize.

Doc44

IvanVic
08-02-2012, 07:28
It was the gays and gay supporters who injected politics by protesting a man's convictions.

I would say that they injected free speech and the right to protest into the situation, excluding anyone who advocated that the restaurants be closed down by force, etc. They have as much of a right to protest as you have to support Chick-Fil-A.

I agree with and support the man's convictions.

His convictions have not changed, though. They have always been this way - the only thing that has changed is the media hyping up his convictions.

Ivan, How about if we just agree that if all of us supporting chik fil a upsets you in any way, that we find that entertaining. Spin it any way you want to in your own imagination, if you want to, you can even believe that we are laughing with you instead of at you. http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/images/smilies/tongue%20out.gif:rofl:http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/images/smilies/tongue%20out.gif:rofl:

I guess I am to assume that you have given up on discussing this, and you're just going to resort to smiley faces. I happen to agree with the owner of Chick-A-Fila, but the media hyping a story won't cause me to eat there more often. I will continue to eat there when I feel like eating a chicken sandwich from Chick-A-Fila.

DOC44
08-02-2012, 07:41
I would say that they injected free speech and the right to protest into the situation, excluding anyone who advocated that the restaurants be closed down by force, etc. They have as much of a right to protest as you have to support Chick-Fil-A.

His convictions have not changed, though. They have always been this way - the only thing that has changed is the media hyping up his convictions.

I guess I am to assume that you have given up on discussing this, and you're just going to resort to smiley faces. I happen to agree with the owner of Chick-A-Fila, but the media hyping a story won't cause me to eat there more often. I will continue to eat there when I feel like eating a chicken sandwich from Chick-A-Fila.

http://www.eyeonannapolis.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/chicken.jpg

Sounds like something a chicken would say.

Doc44

Cavalry Doc
08-02-2012, 08:20

Doc44

http://adsoftheworld.com/files/images/ChickFila01Lg.preview.jpg

ChuteTheMall
08-02-2012, 08:35
http://i50.tinypic.com/9qwz9c.jpg

:moo::cow:

ModGlock17
08-02-2012, 08:56
If you don't like white meat breasts sandwiched go eat an all beef hot dog and fantasize.

Doc44

That's really FUNNY ! LOL

I guess I have to fantasize today. I just don't have the time to stand in that ridiculously long line.......

countrygun
08-02-2012, 11:12

Just exactly how can getting a group of people together to protest a restaurant not be "political". How, if it is being supported by the LGBTA (a political organizing group, if not a PAC) not be "political".

"as the discussion I am trying to have can be had completely absent of politics."

I suppose the Olympic Swimming events could be held completely absent of water too.

:upeyes:

G29Reload
08-02-2012, 11:25
Now who's full of fail?

Still you. Cognitively impaired as ever and unable to discern detail from the couch in your mom's basement, there is a difference between boycotting someone for exercising free speech and boycotting someone for their deviant behavior.

ex: your JCP thing of the two fathers: boycott NOT for their right to say it, which i support, but for the message it sends in editorial content.

similarly, you can boycott CFA all you want because you disagree with its owners, but they were being targeted for just SAYING IT and being told they should even be allowed in certain cities.

Of course that went right over your head, or in typical fashion you were engaging in obfuscation and topic change when you started losing the argument.

G29Reload
08-02-2012, 11:34
But you see it a different way. Suppression of rights when the LGBT organizations do it but just fine when your BS "family values" organizations do it. Did you not know about this? Have you been living under a rock and not heard about the JCPenny or Home Depot debacle or any of the others or are you just being willfully ignorant of those instances and hoping nobody notices?

I've heard about the disgusting things HD was doing and have stopped shopping there, Lowes is fine. Again, protesting their editorial decisions, not their right to say/do.

Or maybe you just think that free speech is something that shouldn't be allowed if you determine that someone is "deviant" (to use one of your favorite meaningless words)

Again, the right to speech isn't the issue. its what it contains that's being protested. I'd expect someone as poorly educated as you to think that a descriptive word is meaningless, even though it was aptly applied:

deviant |ˈdēvēənt|
adjective
departing from usual or accepted standards, esp. in social or sexual behavior: deviant behavior | a deviant ideology.

So when the tail tries to wag the dog and 3% of the population try to tell the other 97% how to roll, yeah, they're deviant.

Who's full of fail? You are.

UtahGlocker
08-02-2012, 14:04
similarly, you can boycott CFA all you want because you disagree with its owners, but they were being targeted for just SAYING IT and being told they should even be allowed in certain cities.

You are either missing or ignoring what I believe to be the primary reason expressed by the people boycotting CFA which is that Chick-fil-A and the Cathy's have donated millions of dollars to anti-gay hate groups. Anti-gay hate groups that are actively trying to pass LAWS to persecute and deny homosexuals their rights. It is not just a matter of them "saying it."

Nobody I know of has proposed passing any laws to limit Dan Cathy's speach and I haven't seen anyone say that Dan Cathy did not have the right to say what he did.

Also, as far as I know the mayors of Boston and Chicago, though outspoken, have no power to prevent CFA from operating in their cities. They were also wrong, as representatives of their city to make those statements. Sadly people are confusing what these mayors have said with the stand of most in the LGBT community, which is for freedom of speech, but also for equal rights.

Gundude
08-02-2012, 14:18
Also, as far as I know the mayors of Boston and Chicago, though outspoken, have no power to prevent CFA from operating in their cities. They were also wrong, as representatives of their city to make those statements. Sadly people are confusing what these mayors have said with the stand of most in the LGBT community, which is for freedom of speech, but also for equal rights.I really think it was those mayors who turned the tide from this being just a regular ho-hum boycott into a windfall for chick-fil-a. That arrogant and illegal assertion of power turned more people against the boycott than any anti-gay-marriage group could have hoped to.

Politicians being what they are, I'm sure none of those mayors will acknowledge, even to themselves, the damage they did to "their own" cause. But the rest of us know.

IvanVic
08-02-2012, 14:35
Just exactly how can getting a group of people together to protest a restaurant not be "political". How, if it is being supported by the LGBTA (a political organizing group, if not a PAC) not be "political".

"as the discussion I am trying to have can be had completely absent of politics."

I suppose the Olympic Swimming events could be held completely absent of water too.

:upeyes:

You don't need to discuss politics to determine whether or not a person has changed their purchasing behavior based on the media hyping a story.

IvanVic
08-02-2012, 14:36

Doc44

Which part of my post did you take umbrage with?

DOC44
08-02-2012, 15:25
Which part of my post did you take umbrage with?

I happen to agree with the owner of Chick-A-Fila, but the media hyping a story won't cause me to eat there more often.

Doc44

IvanVic
08-02-2012, 15:58
Doc44

Why would I go out of my way to increase my consumption of a product because the media is hyping a story about the man who started the company happening to agree with me on such a frivolous issue such as gay marriage? While I agree with him, the issue really doesn't affect me at all. If we were talking about something more substantial, like 2nd Amendment rights, which directly affects my ability to defend myself and my family, then I might go out of my way to eat more Chick-Fil-A.

I'm sure there are lots of business owners who agree with me on certain issues. I bet there's a guy somewhere on the other side of the country who owns a roofing business and he happens to agree with me on a certain political issue. If the media runs a story about him, should I throw a new roof on my house? I don't let the media control my behavior, even if I happen to agree with the person in question.

DOC44
08-02-2012, 16:20
http://web.wm.edu/americanstudies/370/2005/sp1/images/lucy%20doctor%20stand.jpg

It struck me funny.... sounded like something a chicken would say..... you know like the cows say, "Eat more chickens."

Doc44

whoflungdo
08-02-2012, 16:27
You are either missing or ignoring what I believe to be the primary reason expressed by the people boycotting CFA which is that Chick-fil-A and the Cathy's have donated millions of dollars to anti-gay hate groups. Anti-gay hate groups that are actively trying to pass LAWS to persecute and deny homosexuals their rights. It is not just a matter of them "saying it."

Nobody I know of has proposed passing any laws to limit Dan Cathy's speach and I haven't seen anyone say that Dan Cathy did not have the right to say what he did.

Also, as far as I know the mayors of Boston and Chicago, though outspoken, have no power to prevent CFA from operating in their cities. They were also wrong, as representatives of their city to make those statements. Sadly people are confusing what these mayors have said with the stand of most in the LGBT community, which is for freedom of speech, but also for equal rights.

Still perpetuating that lie I see. CFA has donated nothing to any hate group. You are incorrect on the mayors. They threatened to deny, delay, and hold up the necessary permits to open up. One even issued a veiled threat. They most certainly were attempting to punish CFA for personal beliefs of the CEO..

I really think it was those mayors who turned the tide from this being just a regular ho-hum boycott into a windfall for chick-fil-a. That arrogant and illegal assertion of power turned more people against the boycott than any anti-gay-marriage group could have hoped to.

Politicians being what they are, I'm sure none of those mayors will acknowledge, even to themselves, the damage they did to "their own" cause. But the rest of us know.

Finally something we agree on...

series1811
08-02-2012, 16:55
I just drove by the closest CFA here again with my kids, because they wanted to eat there. It's like there is a party going on there or something. I drove by again without stopping.

I hope this boycott ends soon so I can get in. :supergrin:

UtahGlocker
08-02-2012, 17:38
Still perpetuating that lie I see. CFA has donated nothing to any hate group.

I have demonstrated that Chick-fil-A as a company, franchise or through their charitable arm has donated money and food before and you keep denying my evidence. How about this from the original interview that started all this given by Dan Cathy to the Baptist Press (link (http://www.bpnews.net/BPnews.asp?ID=38271)):

The company invests in Christian growth and ministry through its WinShape Foundation (WinShape.com). The name comes from the idea of shaping people to be winners.

Don't argue with me over CFA (the company) spending company money on hate groups. Argue with Dan Cathy and the Baptist Press.

Just to give you an idea on how much the CFA corporation gives to the WinShape Foundation and anti-gay groups(link (http://equalitymatters.org/factcheck/201207020001)):

WinShape has received a substantial amount of funding from Chick-fil-A: in 2010 alone, WinShape received $8,067,161 from Chick-fil-A Inc. [WinShape 2010, Publicly Available IRS 990 Form via Foundation Center, accessed 6/27/12]
WinShape Gave Over $1.9 Million To Anti-Gay Groups. In 2010, WinShape donated $1,974,380 to a number of anti-gay groups:

•Marriage & Family Foundation: $1,188,380
•Fellowship Of Christian Athletes: $480,000
•National Christian Foundation: $247,500
•New Mexico Christian Foundation: $54,000
•Exodus International: $1,000
•Family Research Council: $1,000
•Georgia Family Council: $2,500
[Winshape 2010 Publicly Available IRS 990 Form via Foundation Center, accessed 6/27/12]

So feel free to disagree with the IRS, too, or just accept the fact that I was right.

whoflungdo
08-02-2012, 17:47
I have demonstrated that Chick-fil-A as a company, franchise or through their charitable arm has donated money and food before and you keep denying my evidence. How about this from the original interview that started all this given by Dan Cathy to the Baptist Press (link (http://www.bpnews.net/BPnews.asp?ID=38271)):

Don't argue with me over CFA (the company) spending company money on hate groups. Argue with Dan Cathy and the Baptist Press.

Just to give you an idea on how much the CFA corporation gives to the WinShape Foundation and anti-gay groups(link (http://equalitymatters.org/factcheck/201207020001)):

So feel free to disagree with the IRS, too, or just accept the fact that I was right.

Your assertion that they are hate groups does not make them hate groups.

Keep trying...

Gundude
08-02-2012, 17:48
I just drove by the closest CFA here again with my kids, because they wanted to eat there. It's like there is a party going on there or something. I drove by again without stopping.

I hope this boycott ends soon so I can get in. :supergrin:Apparently girls are going there to make out with each other "in protest", so yeah I'd say there's a party going on.

Sadly there's no CFAs in my neck of the woods, but if anybody wants to add some pics to this thread (no dudes please), feel free. :supergrin:

whoflungdo
08-02-2012, 17:49
Apparently girls are going there to make out with each other "in protest", so yeah I'd say there's a party going on.

Sadly there's no CFAs in my neck of the woods, but if anybody wants to add some pics to this thread (no dudes please), feel free. :supergrin:

I thought that "party" isn't until tomorrow night...I'm always a day late and a dollar short...

JFrame
08-02-2012, 17:51
Apparently girls are going there to make out with each other "in protest", so yeah I'd say there's a party going on.

...Bigot!!! http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/ireful2.gif

(Just kidding, man... http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/grin.gif )

Gundude
08-02-2012, 17:52
I thought that "party" isn't until tomorrow night...I'm always a day late and a dollar short...Hmm, maybe you're right. Then again, they're not exactly known for their restraint, so maybe they started early. :tongueout:

madbaumer
08-02-2012, 17:56
They hire black people and use black food containers.

What does that mean? Is it some sort of racist thing?

Should the NAACP be boycotting CFA?

Oh the horrors!!!!!11111 Look who was walking out!!!!!!!111

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/THEBAUM/acf20cda.jpg

fortyofforty
08-02-2012, 18:50
Anyone else notice? Crusade? More of a jihad, I'd say.

UtahGlocker
08-02-2012, 18:53
Your assertion that they are hate groups does not make them hate groups.

Keep trying...

Wow, you do like to grasp at straws don't you....the Family Research Council (one of the recipients of the WinShape Foundation donations) is designated as an anti-gay hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center (link (http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-files/groups/family-research-council)).

JFrame
08-02-2012, 19:01
Wow, you do like to grasp at straws don't you....the Family Research Council (one of the recipients of the WinShape Foundation donations) is designated as an anti-gay hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center (link (http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-files/groups/family-research-council)).

The Southern Poverty Law Center is a pretty radical left wing (as in communist) group from every indication I've seen.

The following link is not necessarily posted for its undisputed veracity, but for some of what is said about the SPLC:

http://www.aim.org/aim-column/phony-%E2%80%9Ccivil-rights%E2%80%9D-group-dishes-out-hate-for-%E2%80%9Chate-groups%E2%80%9D/

IMHO, based on the SPLC talking heads I've heard, I wouldn't trust anything they said as far as I could throw them. YMMV.

fortyofforty
08-02-2012, 19:08

Wow, an intolerant anti-Christian hate group like the SPLC attacks the Family Research Council. What a shocker! :rofl:

Bren
08-02-2012, 19:09
Still perpetuating that lie I see. CFA has donated nothing to any hate group.
You know how they say a "racist" is anybody winning an argument with a liberal? Well, a "hate group" is any 2 more of them.:rofl:

R4lf
08-02-2012, 19:13
Media Crusade Against Chick-Fil-A Continues

Worth the read.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/paul-wilson/2012/07/31/media-crusade-against-chick-fil-continues

Doc44

The only reason this is, is because of the right wing news chanel fox. Some how they have the piper to claim august 1st as hate on gays day. Seriously people?

whoflungdo
08-02-2012, 19:15

I'll take the FBIs definition of a hate group over yours or the SPLCs.. You both have obvious agendas..

The Southern Poverty Law Center is a pretty radical left wing (as in communist) group from every indication I've seen.

The following link is not necessarily posted for its undisputed veracity, but for some of what is said about the SPLC:

http://www.aim.org/aim-column/phony-%E2%80%9Ccivil-rights%E2%80%9D-group-dishes-out-hate-for-%E2%80%9Chate-groups%E2%80%9D/

IMHO, based on the SPLC talking heads I've heard, I wouldn't trust anything they said as far as I could throw them. YMMV.

Agreed JFrame..

Bren
08-02-2012, 19:19

Been saying that for years. Because of my job, they send me their "Intelligence Report" and it's always entertaining. I even went to a CLE to hear Morris Dees talk about his battle with the KKK in Ky. back in 2010. I can see how he is so successful - he definitely has a gift for public speaking, regardless of his looney politics.

The bad news is, a lot of police agencies probably pay attention to his magazine (they send it to law enforcement for free), which is no more than propaganda designed to encourage the police to watch people he disapproves of.

UtahGlocker
08-02-2012, 19:32
I'll take the FBIs definition of a hate group over yours or the SPLCs.. You both have obvious agendas..

You may not agree with the SPLC, but my point is made. I didn't come up with the hate group designation. Other's did that and though you may not consider them "hate" groups you cannot deny their anti-gay activities.

whoflungdo
08-02-2012, 19:37
You may not agree with the SPLC, but my point is made. I didn't come up with the hate group designation. Other's did that and though you may not consider them "hate" groups you cannot deny their anti-gay activities.

Keep perpetuating the myth that they are hate groups to further your agenda...That doesn't make them a hate group.

Then I'm guessing you would agree if I could find a right leaning group that calls the LGBT a hate group you would agree with that designation?

ETA: you are correct that those groups are anti-gay. Anti-gay does not equal hate though.

UtahGlocker
08-02-2012, 19:59
Keep perpetuating the myth that they are hate groups to further your agenda...That doesn't make them a hate group.

True enough, it is not what people say about the group, but what they do that makes them a hate group. Like I said, I didn't make the designation, you are of course free to agree or disagree with it. Personally, I think the FRC qualifies as a hate group, but saying that CFA donated to anti-gay groups, rather than hate groups, serves my original point just as well. At least you've stopped arguing that company money wasn't used. :upeyes:

greentriple
08-02-2012, 20:03
http://reddit.com/comments/xkxrj

Another perspective.

http://i.imgur.com/IjGCh.jpg

Context

whoflungdo
08-02-2012, 20:07
True enough, it is not what people say about the group, but what they do that makes them a hate group. Like I said, I didn't make the designation, you are of course free to agree or disagree with it. Personally, I think the FRC qualifies as a hate group, but saying that CFA donated to anti-gay groups, rather than hate groups, serves my original point just as well. At least you've stopped arguing that company money wasn't used. :upeyes:

Of course..your links show that company money was used to fund pro-traditional family, anti-gay groups. My point stands though that they are not hate groups and corporate money is not feeding hate groups. Anti-gay does not equal hate no matter how much you or SPLC wants that to be true.

Ruggles
08-02-2012, 20:09
I think think is a dead issue based on their huge increase in business since the original new story;

CF = 1
Protester = 0

The entire point of a protest in this regard is to put negative business pressure/sales/returns on the company thru the protest. That failed big time in this case, in fact it was counter productive.

Protester should take their defeat and move on IMO.

I eat at CF because I like their food, could care less about this whole mess really. I currently have zero boycotts in effect. Well except for Kneau Reeves movies where he plays a action hero, can't get past his performance in Bill & Ted so I can't buy him as a action star:)

countrygun
08-02-2012, 20:14

you are still playing a word game aren't you?

How about "They donate to pro-traditional family values groups" ?

Maybe they aren't "anti-gay" at all

That doesn't work for you though, you have to slap the "anti-gay" label on everyone who doesn't support your position, liberals depend upon polemic definitions so they can play the "victim" card.

greentriple
08-02-2012, 20:22
Of course..your links show that company money was used to fund pro-traditional family, anti-gay groups. My point stands though that they are not hate groups and corporate money is not feeding hate groups. Anti-gay does not equal hate no matter how much you or SPLC wants that to be true.

Cathy's statement makes him a bigot, and the groups he contributes to are bigoted.

Bigot:

"n.
One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ."

UtahGlocker
08-02-2012, 20:32
you are still playing a word game aren't you?

How about "They donate to pro-traditional family values groups" ?

Maybe they aren't "anti-gay" at all

That doesn't work for you though, you have to slap the "anti-gay" label on everyone who doesn't support your position, liberals depend upon polemic definitions so they can play the "victim" card.

I'll let you read up on their activities and decide for yourself.

rgregoryb
08-02-2012, 20:46
Cathy's statement makes him a bigot, and the groups he contributes to are bigoted.

Bigot:

"n.
One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ."

Only Lawyers and mental defectives are automatically exempt for jury duty
George Bernard Shaw

rgregoryb
08-02-2012, 20:52
so, if I detest, nay despise liberals .....that makes me a bigot, an honor I gladly accept.

Lethaltxn
08-02-2012, 21:04

Bigot:

"n.

So, how would that apply to someone who believes in traditional marriage but still serves and hires those with differing views. In this case gays and lesbians. Seems to me that's pretty tolerant.
At least more so than those that feel he should be shut down for his beliefs.

greentriple
08-02-2012, 21:07
Only Lawyers and mental defectives are automatically exempt for jury duty
George Bernard Shaw

So I don't see your law degree.

greentriple
08-02-2012, 21:09
So, how would that apply to someone who believes in traditional marriage but still serves and hires those with differing views. In this case gays and lesbians. Seems to me that's pretty tolerant.
At least more so than those that feel he should be shut down for his beliefs.

I think u r mixing up your arguments.

Lethaltxn
08-02-2012, 21:12
I think u r mixing up your arguments.

You're referring to being a bigot. As per it's definition it's intolerance of another group. I merely asked you to point out the intolerance per my statement.
But you didn't, you deflected like all good liberals.

geodan
08-02-2012, 21:12
I don't think their sandwiches are that great...OK, but not great. I ate there today not to support traditional marriage (though I do support it) but to support a business that is being unfairly discriminated against. I think DOJ should be looking into this...won't hold my breath waiting for Holder to take note though. Obama DOJ only sees certain colors of discrimination it seems.

greentriple
08-02-2012, 21:20
You're referring to being a bigot. As per it's definition it's intolerance of another group. I merely asked you to point out the intolerance per my statement.
But you didn't, you deflected like all good liberals.

See response on different thread, to you.

DOC44
08-02-2012, 21:39
http://www.officialmarkdavidson.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/beavis.jpg

Doc44

Gunhaver
08-03-2012, 01:52

Doc44

Nice. Insinuate that the guy that doesn't think being gay is offensive might be gay. That's as original as it is effective.

DOC44
08-03-2012, 02:07
http://www.delish.com/cm/delish/images/fu/2-ball-park-bun-size-beef-franks-052110-xl.jpg

:rofl:

Doc44

rgregoryb
08-03-2012, 06:50
So I don't see your law degree.

thank god, my father had his and he begged me not to do the same he said one thief in the family was enough.

series1811
08-03-2012, 07:13

Bigot:

"n.

Would this apply to some racial group that consistently formed clubs, organizations, political caucuses, etc. that only their race was invited to join?

JFrame
08-03-2012, 07:14
thank god, my father had his and he begged me not to do the same he said one thief in the family was enough.

:rofl::rofl:

series1811
08-03-2012, 07:38
Nice. Insinuate that the guy that doesn't think being gay is offensive might be gay. That's as original as it is effective.

Are you saying you think a hot dog is a metaphor for a p***s?

That's gay.

greentriple
08-03-2012, 07:50
Would this apply to some racial group that consistently formed clubs, organizations, political caucuses, etc. that only their race was invited to join?

Only if intolerant of those who differ.

greentriple
08-03-2012, 07:53

A good father will tell his son or daughter it's better not to be a thief than call them mentally defective.

snowbird
08-03-2012, 08:00
Good posts, #146 and #148, Series 1811.

You've got these leftist trolls on the ropes, where they belong.

rgregoryb
08-03-2012, 08:02
A good father will tell his son or daughter it's better not to be a thief than call them mentally defective.

who are you billing for these hours?

series1811
08-03-2012, 08:03
Only if intolerant of those who differ.

Let's see if we can put our heads together and think of any groups like that.

Hmmmm.

I bet I know which ones you will pick and which ones you won't.

rgregoryb
08-03-2012, 08:09
hmmmm, he left, an ambulance must have passed by.................

greentriple
08-03-2012, 08:11
Let's see if we can put our heads together and think of any groups like that.

Hmmmm.

I bet I know which ones you will pick and which ones you won't.

Hey, you are psychic? Cool.

But seriously, give it a shot. But, be certain you stay within definition and not emotional bigoted opinion.

series1811
08-03-2012, 08:11

I was just interested to find that there are still people around who brag about being lawyers. :supergrin:

greentriple
08-03-2012, 08:12

Clearly you are not a thief. But, thankfully there are govt programs out there to help you.

PS not that type of lawyer.

greentriple
08-03-2012, 08:15
I was just interested to find that there are still people around who brag about being lawyers. :supergrin:

When did I boast about being a lawyer? If we are going to debate a topic, you must know what words mean.

series1811
08-03-2012, 08:27
Hey, you are psychic? Cool.

But seriously, give it a shot. But, be certain you stay within definition and not emotional bigoted opinion.

You really don't like me, do you? That's okay. Not many liberals do. :supergrin:

series1811
08-03-2012, 08:29
When did I boast about being a lawyer? If we are going to debate a topic, you must know what words mean.

law·yer audio (lôyr) KEY

NOUN:

One whose profession is to give legal advice and assistance to clients and represent them in court or in other legal matters.

Did I get it right?

greentriple
08-03-2012, 08:44
Did I get it right?

Yes, but I did not claim that the definition was wrong, rather that I did not boast of the profession.

Oh, and no, I don't hate you. I don't know you well enough... Plus, I'm not a hater, even when I dislike.

But if your goal, and what you take pride in is being hated by liberals I feel sad for you.

G29Reload
08-03-2012, 11:57

There's your fail right there.

The SPLC is a joke, a toady of the Left and the den party. They freely designate anything as hate group that doesn't suit their agenda or that of their patrons.

They have also designated Ann Barnhardt as a HAte group, and Eugene Delgaudio similarly, one of my county Councilmen in Loudoun County, VA.

Newsflash: SPLC is not the self appointed arbiter of everything that's hateful, even though they think they are.

Their opinion of whats a hate group is no more valid than me saying they're a hate group, which I now officially do. And you may quote me all over the internet that I have officially designated the Southern Poverty Law Center as a hate group and a designated terrorist organization.

So, screw the SPLC and any simpleminded clown that subscribes to them.:rofl:

G29Reload
08-03-2012, 12:06
You may not agree with the SPLC, but my point is made.

No, its not actually. Its not a hate group because you say so, or some agenda driven political group opines that they are.

"because I say so" doesn't make it a fact.

Other's did that and though you may not consider them "hate" groups you cannot deny their anti-gay activities.

which still doesn't make them a hate group. They're political groups and nothing more.

The party of Bull Connor and George Wallace and Robert KKK Byrd has been more hands on with the hate and deserving of a hate group designation. The Family Research Council not only doesn't deserve it, they're not even close.

greentriple
08-03-2012, 12:43
No, its not actually. Its not a hate group because you say so, or some agenda driven political group opines that they are.

"because I say so" doesn't make it a fact.

which still doesn't make them a hate group. They're political groups and nothing more.

The party of Bull Connor and George Wallace and Robert KKK Byrd has been more hands on with the hate and deserving of a hate group designation. The Family Research Council not only doesn't deserve it, they're not even close.

""because I say so" doesn't make it a fact." - does this apply to you as well, because it does not seem so.

fortyofforty
08-03-2012, 12:44
The SPLC is a joke, a toady of the Left and the den party. They freely designate anything as hate group that doesn't suit their agenda or that of their patrons.

No it isn't. The ACLU said the SPLC is totally legit and objective.

:rofl:

rgregoryb
08-03-2012, 15:02
"Our culture has accepted two huge lies: The first is that if you disagree with someone’s lifestyle, you must fear them or hate them. The second is that to love someone means you agree with everything they believe or do. Both are nonsense. You don’t have to compromise convictions to be compassionate."

Rick Warren

snowbird
08-03-2012, 15:27
intolerant of those who differ

"Intolerant" isn't bad all by itself.

In fact, being TOLERANT of evil is EVIL.

greentriple
08-03-2012, 19:25
"Intolerant" isn't bad all by itself.

In fact, being TOLERANT of evil is EVIL.

True that!

series1811
08-04-2012, 08:12
Plus, I'm not a hater,

No, you don't come off that way at all [sarcasm on].

As much as you want to be the thought police, that never works out.

You may intimidate people into remaining silent,and therefore regulate what they say, but you can't regulate what they think (although I suspect that would be nirvana for liberals if that day ever came and they were in charge).

JFrame
08-04-2012, 08:36

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

domin8ss
08-04-2012, 09:54
I've read every page and can't stop laughing at the liberals.

Fact: If you look hard enough, everybody is a bigot about something.

The only question is, how hard do you have to look?

I ate at CFA on Wednesday for one very important reason. I feel Dan Cathy has been unfairly labeled in this deal. 1) He's entitled to his opinion. 2) He never said anything about hating gays, or how it is immoral to be gay. He simply expressed his opinion on the definition of marriage, which I whole-heartedly agree with. However, I do believe that gay couples should have the same legal rights as married couples. Just call the union a different word.

Hell, I see liberals posting definitions from the dictionary. Why aren't they trying to change the definitions of every word in the dictionary? Why just one? Changing a definition is not going to change how people think or act.

Instead, lets do what liberals want and just burn the dictionary. We don't need actual definitions for words.

Dan Cathy's words are being twisted and convoluted beyond what was actually said. People are reading way too much into them. He employs and serves people regardless of sexual orientation.

And, what will we all think about this in 10-15 years? Based on what Wendy's did that was anti-gay 10-15 years ago, everybody will forget and all will be fine.

So, keep protesting. It's free advertising for CFA. Congrats. You just helped increase profits by decreasing marketing expenses.

As for Rahm Emanuel, he did say that ”CFA values are not Chicago values” and that he was going to stop them from opening another store in Chicago. The people in Chicago showed him how wrong he was on Wednesday. Now he's quickly back peddling and saying he won't stop CFA from opening more stores in Chicago should they obtain all the necessary permits. Looks like his back is against the wall on 2 major issues he doesn't support. NBC in Chicago reported that legislation is currently being worked on that allows the counties to determine whether or not they want CCW (http://wfld.m0bl.net/r/15fanr). Even some Democrats are supporting that. Also, another Illinois legislator has sponsored another vote to allow state-wide CCW. Since we all know liberals are anti-gun and pro-gay marriage, this week looks like it's turning out to be a bad week for them.

Btw, somebody made a comment about term limits for elected officials several pages back, and nobody chimed in. I will provide a very brief fact. Term limits were a Constitutional Amendment enacted after the death of FDR. FDR is the only president in America's history to serve 4 terms. In order to pass a Constitutional Amendment a 2/3 vote must support it. That means the passing of term limits had bipartisan support. It should be noted that FDR was a progressive, and much like Obama, spent lots of money the country didn't have, made the people more dependent on the government, and had a very high unemployment rate. Not to mention the tactics FDR utilized (read minute men) were later used by the Nazis to create the holocaust. Need I say more as to why I'm not voting for Obama? History has already played this one out. I'm not a fan of repeating that episode.

Inversely, the booming 1920's were a direct result of reducing taxes on individuals making the most money. They were able to then support job growth, education, and economic development.

greentriple
08-04-2012, 10:08

As much as you want to be the thought police, that never works out.

You may intimidate people into remaining silent,and therefore regulate what they say, but you can't regulate what they think (although I suspect that would be nirvana for liberals if that day ever came and they were in charge).

What have I types that indicates hate in my heart to your misguided thinking?

How does one intimidate on line? I like reading what you think, it only frightens me in that I then know the reasoning you use in decision making. Scary!

greentriple
08-04-2012, 10:10
I've read every page and can't stop laughing at the liberals.

Fact: If you look hard enough, everybody is a bigot about something.

The only question is, how hard do you have to look?

I ate at CFA on Wednesday for one very important reason. I feel Dan Cathy has been unfairly labeled in this deal. 1) He's entitled to his opinion. 2) He never said anything about hating gays, or how it is immoral to be gay. He simply expressed his opinion on the definition of marriage, which I whole-heartedly agree with. However, I do believe that gay couples should have the same legal rights as married couples. Just call the union a different word.

Hell, I see liberals posting definitions from the dictionary. Why aren't they trying to change the definitions of every word in the dictionary? Why just one? Changing a definition is not going to change how people think or act.

Instead, lets do what liberals want and just burn the dictionary. We don't need actual definitions for words.

Dan Cathy's words are being twisted and convoluted beyond what was actually said. People are reading way too much into them. He employs and serves people regardless of sexual orientation.

And, what will we all think about this in 10-15 years? Based on what Wendy's did that was anti-gay 10-15 years ago, everybody will forget and all will be fine.

So, keep protesting. It's free advertising for CFA. Congrats. You just helped increase profits by decreasing marketing expenses.

As for Rahm Emanuel, he did say that ”CFA values are not Chicago values” and that he was going to stop them from opening another store in Chicago. The people in Chicago showed him how wrong he was on Wednesday. Now he's quickly back peddling and saying he won't stop CFA from opening more stores in Chicago should they obtain all the necessary permits. Looks like his back is against the wall on 2 major issues he doesn't support. NBC in Chicago reported that legislation is currently being worked on that allows the counties to determine whether or not they want CCW (http://wfld.m0bl.net/r/15fanr). Even some Democrats are supporting that. Also, another Illinois legislator has sponsored another vote to allow state-wide CCW. Since we all know liberals are anti-gun and pro-gay marriage, this week looks like it's turning out to be a bad week for them.

Btw, somebody made a comment about term limits for elected officials several pages back, and nobody chimed in. I will provide a very brief fact. Term limits were a Constitutional Amendment enacted after the death of FDR. FDR is the only president in America's history to serve 4 terms. In order to pass a Constitutional Amendment a 2/3 vote must support it. That means the passing of term limits had bipartisan support. It should be noted that FDR was a progressive, and much like Obama, spent lots of money the country didn't have, made the people more dependent on the government, and had a very high unemployment rate. Not to mention the tactics FDR utilized (read minute men) were later used by the Nazis to create the holocaust. Need I say more as to why I'm not voting for Obama? History has already played this one out. I'm not a fan of repeating that episode.

Inversely, the booming 1920's were a direct result of reducing taxes on individuals making the most money. They were able to then support job growth, education, and economic development.

Clearly reading with comprehension was asking too much of you.

whoflungdo
08-04-2012, 10:14

Clearly you continue with your judgmental bigotry..

hogship
08-04-2012, 10:31
The good in all this, is "the people" have found a way to express their thoughts about traditional values in a very public and measurable way. This is exactly the kind of thing the MSM would like to marginalize, but it's not working out like they thought it would.

The same thing goes for the anti-Obama vote.......It's also out there in great numbers......

(note: This time, there is a definite pronounced "anti-Obama" vote.....but, the MSM would like you to think it's a "pro-Romney" vote.......ain't no way, pardner!......it's "anti-Obama" all the way to the polls!)

ooc

snowbird
08-04-2012, 10:42
The good in all this, is "the people" have found a way to express their thoughts about traditional values in a very public and measurable way. This is exactly the kind of thing the MSM would like to marginalize, but it's not working out like they thought it would.

The same thing goes for the anti-Obama vote.......It's also out there in great numbers......

(note: This time, there is a definite pronounced "anti-Obama" vote.....but, the MSM would like you to think it's a "pro-Romney" vote.......ain't no way, pardner!......it's "anti-Obama" all the way to the polls!)

ooc

I surely pray that our 'first gay president' (and first Marxist president, and first Muslim president) is removed from our White House this November (actually, I'd like Obama's 'October Surprise' to be arrested and marched out of the WH in cuffs, charged with treason. I can dream, can't I?:)).

greentriple
08-04-2012, 11:01
Clearly you continue with your judgmental bigotry..

No,mum not trying to impose my views on anyone based on their race, ideals, etc....

Now was I judging, but rather pointing out that the poster did not seem to comprehend what he/she had read.

IvanVic
08-04-2012, 11:06
The good in all this, is "the people" have found a way to express their thoughts about traditional values in a very public and measurable way.

I'd be interested in knowing what % of people were expressing their support of free speech, and what percent were expressing their views on marriage. Any thoughts?

hogship
08-04-2012, 11:10
I'd be interested in knowing what % of people were expressing their support of free speech, and what percent were expressing their views on marriage. Any thoughts?

Yeah.......as a matter of fact, I do have some thoughts on that.

5% of the support was for free speech.

5% of the support was for traditional values.

90% of the support was for both.

ooc

G29Reload
08-04-2012, 12:14
judgmental

Judgement: A conclusion you reach, having observed the empirical evidence and rendered a conclusion based on that evidence.

Telling someone not to be judgmental is like telling someone not to think. Usually because they don't like the conclusion a thinking person would reach, and they know what it is.

Judgmental and proud of it.

greentriple
08-04-2012, 13:58
U226882

whoflungdo
08-04-2012, 14:20
Judgement: A conclusion you reach, having observed the empirical evidence and rendered a conclusion based on that evidence.

Telling someone not to be judgmental is like telling someone not to think. Usually because they don't like the conclusion a thinking person would reach, and they know what it is.

Judgmental and proud of it.

I know. My point was more tongue in cheek and/or sarcasm. One can not determine right from wrong or good from evil without making judgements.

Green triple, as most of the left, likes to tell others not to judge all the while calling people bigots... How can that be determined withought judging actions, words, and deeds?

ETA: I didnt tell him to stop judging or being judgmental or that it was wrong..

Cavalry Doc
08-04-2012, 14:43
U226882

Huh, I like figs. The westboro guys could get a few knuckle sandwiches and I would have no problem looking the other way.

There are lines of decency, that we all can feel are right, and those tards are way over the line. I admire the patriot guard riders and all of their members, both for their commitment to our troops and their self restraint.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-vTYnAyPCwMY/Tkx6l78ya6I/AAAAAAAAA1s/63SVs6HDCVE/s1600/fg_0071_patriot_guard_1.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-y4OqFei3PjU/Tk0YHWdb2UI/AAAAAAAAA1w/foptJPeepjA/s1600/c3x5L_Em_81.jpg

"If I Die Before You Wake" Tribute to Armed Forces - YouTube

Tim Mcgraw-If Your Reading This - YouTube

greentriple
08-04-2012, 14:55
I know. My point was more tongue in cheek and/or sarcasm. One can not determine right from wrong or good from evil without making judgements.

Green triple, as most of the left, likes to tell others not to judge all the while calling people bigots... How can that be determined withought judging actions, words, and deeds?

ETA: I didnt tell him to stop judging or being judgmental or that it was wrong..

First, for reasons sake stop with the gross generalities, it belittles your attempt at argument. Second, I'm not tell you or others not to judge, but I gather the distinction in my point is lost on you. Third, calling someone or their action, word, etc..., bigoted is not judging them if their conduct fits the words definition. So, one, get a dictionary. Two, look up the word bigot. And, three, start reading my posts from the start.

To make it real, real simple, I'm not judging anyone's acts, words or deeds, but rather defining them based on their own acts, words or deeds. Definitions have no judgement except they may lead to judgement one they are placed on something or someone.

whoflungdo
08-04-2012, 15:03
First, for reasons sake stop with the gross generalities, it belittles your attempt at argument. Second, I'm not tell you or others not to judge, but I gather the distinction in my point is lost on you. Third, calling someone or their action, word, etc..., bigoted is not judging them if their conduct fits the words definition. So, one, get a dictionary. Two, look up the word bigot. And, three, start reading my posts from the start.

To make it real, real simple, I'm not judging anyone's acts, words or deeds, but rather defining them based on their own acts, words or deeds. Definitions have no judgement except they may lead to judgement one they are placed on something or someone.

Ummm wrong... can use g29's definition or the four found here...

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/judgment..

You most definitely are making a judgement....

I know it's only wrong when we do it...not when you do...

eTA:I don't think I've said one way or another on the word bigot. Ive just commented on your judgmental ways and name calling...

countrygun
08-04-2012, 15:26
Ummm wrong... can use g29's definition or the four found here...

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/judgment..

You most definitely are making a judgement....

I know it's only wrong when we do it...not when you do...

eTA:I don't think I've said one way or another on the word bigot. Ive just commented on your judgmental ways and name calling...

No, to the liberal the world exists only from their point of view only so their judgements are just facts about the situation, others "judge" people, liberals merely report the facts:upeyes:

It is why they are so angry and protest and support protests, because they are frustrated that not everyone has their gift for seeing the truth, Some of us infidels even dare call their personal opinion a "judgement" rather than the new "Holy writ"

whoflungdo
08-04-2012, 15:46
No, to the liberal the world exists only from their point of view only so their judgements are just facts about the situation, others "judge" people, liberals merely report the facts:upeyes:

It is why they are so angry and protest and support protests, because they are frustrated that not everyone has their gift for seeing the truth, Some of us infidels even dare call their personal opinion a "judgement" rather than the new "Holy writ"

Yo..CG..only 31 more posts and you can catch up to me....

snowbird
08-04-2012, 15:52
Today's left so fervently defends homosexuality, and tends to attack Israel (anti-Semitism), and hate Christianity and traditional America. Now who else had these characteristics?

Look up a book entitled, "The Pink Swastika". It seems that the Nazis arose out of a macho German homosexual subculture that idealized warriorhood and homosexual pederasty. The "father of National SOCIALISM" -another tie-in with today's socialist Left- one Lanz Von Liebenfels, was expelled from the priesthood for gay sex. He became a main influence on Hitler, someone who surrounded himself with homosexuals. Hitler is said to have been a coprophile and gay. Much later, servants who washed his and Eva Braun's bedsheets, said they never saw any signs of heterosexual intercourse.

Anyway, Liebenfels designed the Nazi flag and first flew it.

"Butch" German homosexuals saw themselves as "supermen", in the Friedrich Nietzsche sense (Nietzsche is also said to have been gay. He hated Christianity and dreamed up the 'superman' idea of someone above Christian morality). The hyper masculine 'butch' homosexuals saw themselves as resembling ancient Greek warriors, and above the heterosexuals, who were tolerated as "breeders". The breeders, in turn, were above the sissy 'femme'-type homosexuals, whom the macho guys despised.

A big promoter of gay rights and the normalization of homosexuality (sound like today's libs?) was a Jew named Magnus Hirschfeld. He was one of the femme-type gays. When the Nazis had enough power, they burned Hirschfeld's sex institute, calling it degenerate, but actually destroying embarrassing information about their own degeneracy. Similarly, Hitler covered up his association with Liebenfels, and had his writings banned, to cover up.

Nazis sent some sissy gays to the death camps as PR, to throw the public off the truth about the gay Nazi leaders. And they often arrested political enemies using homosexuality as a pretext. This sounds somewhat like the two-faced view of homosexuality that Islam has: on the one hand they sometimes execute homosexuals, but on the other hand, the Koran promises not only 72 female virgins, but cute boys too, in Islamic paradise. And look at the Bacha bereesh (beardless boy) pederasty cult in Afghanistan and Pakistan. Notice too, the affinity of today's Left for Islam, as well as for homosexuality.

If we're to save freedom and decency from the Left and Islam, we certainly have our work cut out for us.

IvanVic
08-04-2012, 15:53
Facepalm, why does someone always have to show up with the Nazi comparison?

snowbird
08-04-2012, 15:58
Facepalm, why does someone always have to show up with the Nazi comparison?

Do you have any factual or logical arguments, or merely more illogical ad hom-type red herrings?

greentriple
08-04-2012, 16:52
Yo..CG..only 31 more posts and you can catch up to me....

Lapping at each other doesn't make you right. But I'm sure it makes you feel better.

greentriple
08-04-2012, 16:55
Today's left so fervently defends homosexuality, and tends to attack Israel (anti-Semitism), and hate Christianity and traditional America. Now who else had these characteristics?

Look up a book entitled, "The Pink Swastika". It seems that the Nazis arose out of a macho German homosexual subculture that idealized warriorhood and homosexual pederasty. The "father of National SOCIALISM" -another tie-in with today's socialist Left- one Lanz Von Liebenfels, was expelled from the priesthood for gay sex. He became a main influence on Hitler, someone who surrounded himself with homosexuals. Hitler is said to have been a coprophile and gay. Much later, servants who washed his and Eva Braun's bedsheets, said they never saw any signs of heterosexual intercourse.

Anyway, Liebenfels designed the Nazi flag and first flew it.

"Butch" German homosexuals saw themselves as "supermen", in the Friedrich Nietzsche sense (Nietzsche is also said to have been gay. He hated Christianity and dreamed up the 'superman' idea of someone above Christian morality). The hyper masculine 'butch' homosexuals saw themselves as resembling ancient Greek warriors, and above the heterosexuals, who were tolerated as "breeders". The breeders, in turn, were above the sissy 'femme'-type homosexuals, whom the macho guys despised.

A big promoter of gay rights and the normalization of homosexuality (sound like today's libs?) was a Jew named Magnus Hirschfeld. He was one of the femme-type gays. When the Nazis had enough power, they burned Hirschfeld's sex institute, calling it degenerate, but actually destroying embarrassing information about their own degeneracy. Similarly, Hitler covered up his association with Liebenfels, and had his writings banned, to cover up.

Nazis sent some sissy gays to the death camps as PR, to throw the public off the truth about the gay Nazi leaders. And they often arrested political enemies using homosexuality as a pretext. This sounds somewhat like the two-faced view of homosexuality that Islam has: on the one hand they sometimes execute homosexuals, but on the other hand, the Koran promises not only 72 female virgins, but cute boys too, in Islamic paradise. And look at the Bacha bereesh (beardless boy) pederasty cult in Afghanistan and Pakistan. Notice too, the affinity of today's Left for Islam, as well as for homosexuality.

If we're to save freedom and decency from the Left and Islam, we certainly have our work cut out for us.

Wow, that was creative. Fight the good fight oh brave anti-gay, anti-liberal crusader, fight!

domin8ss
08-04-2012, 18:14

I'm actually entertained by your response. It tells me you have nothing better to respond with, including anything intellectual or factual.

Needless to say, you just responded with a typical liberal response. When you get out-smarted you come back with insults.

countrygun
08-04-2012, 18:34
Lapping at each other doesn't make you right. But I'm sure it makes you feel better.

Yah, but we won't do a "high five" or a "chest bump". that stuff is too gay.

rgregoryb
08-04-2012, 19:29
Wow, that was creative. Fight the good fight oh brave anti-gay, anti-liberal crusader, fight!

I'd say a BAC of about .12 and rapidly ascending :drunk:

IvanVic
08-04-2012, 20:12
Do you have any factual or logical arguments, or merely more illogical ad hom-type red herrings?

I don't think you know what those words mean, because my post contained none of them.

While I believe that marriage is between a man and a woman, I don't feel that debating your lengthy Nazi rant with you would be very productive for either one of us.

whoflungdo
08-04-2012, 21:25

Yah, but we won't do a "high five" or a "chest bump". that stuff is too gay.

Kinda hard to do a chest bump or high five living in your own world being a legend in your own mind all alone, as it appears me Triple does....

There I go making judgements again....

snowbird
08-05-2012, 08:50
Fight the good fight oh brave anti-gay, anti-liberal crusader, fight!

Thank you, I do my best.

I notice you have no refuting arguments re how today's left resembles the early Nazis in their promotion of the normalization of homosexuality, and their hatred of Christianity and traditional America. Nor concerning the medical perils of perversion. Nor concerning the left's affinity for Islamofascism.

No, lefties can come up with no facts or logic, just ridicule (Alinsky taught you that in his "Rules For Radicals", didn't he?).

happyguy
08-05-2012, 15:51
This post is completely off topic but I was just wondering...

If homosexuality is not a choice, but something a person is born to, then how is it that over the millennia the gene has survived? How is it being passed down? :dunno:

Yeah I know, I'm a little slow sometimes.

Regards,
Happyguy :)

series1811
08-05-2012, 19:10

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? CAN YOU NOT UNDERSTAND? YOU ARE BIGOTED BECAUSE I SAID YOU ARE BIGOTED. IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT ANYONE ELSE THINKS OR SAYS. I, AN ALL KNOWING LIBERAL, KNOW THAT YOU ARE A BIGOT. WHAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT?

BIGOTS. BIGOTS. BIGOTS.

There. I think that helps everyone understand the concept better. :supergrin:

Cavalry Doc
08-05-2012, 19:16
This post is completely off topic but I was just wondering...

If homosexuality is not a choice, but something a person is born to, then how is it that over the millennia the gene has survived? How is it being passed down? :dunno:

Yeah I know, I'm a little slow sometimes.

Regards,
Happyguy :)

Life is full of little profound paradox's

mknpwr
08-05-2012, 19:22
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? CAN YOU NOT UNDERSTAND? YOU ARE BIGOTED BECAUSE I SAID YOU ARE BIGOTED. IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT ANYONE ELSE THINKS OR SAYS. I, AN ALL KNOWING LIBERAL, KNOW THAT YOU ARE A BIGOT. WHAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT?

BIGOTS. BIGOTS. BIGOTS.

I'm completely confused now, can you clarify that please?

Sent from my rotary dial phone

countrygun
08-05-2012, 19:26
what is wrong with you people? Can you not understand? You are bigoted because i said you are bigoted. It does not matter what anyone else thinks or says. I, an all knowing liberal, know that you are a bigot. What do you not understand about that?

Bigots. Bigots. Bigots.

I hate people, that I decide, hate other people!

whoflungdo
08-05-2012, 20:01
I hate people, that I JUDGE hate other people!

Fixed it for ya

countrygun
08-05-2012, 20:06
Fixed it for ya

Well done sir! Thank you for correcting such a terrible oversight on my part.

:wavey: