What's the deal with Romney's tax returns? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with Romney's tax returns?

Gunhaver
08-01-2012, 07:00
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/31/harry-reid-romney-taxes_n_1724027.html?fb_action_ids=4373179008338%2C165796816889151&fb_action_types=news.reads&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%7B%224373179008338%22%3A10151987462595385%2C%22165796816889151%22%3A1015111136871 1049%7D&action_type_map=%7B%224373179008338%22%3A%22news.reads%22%2C%22165796816889151%22%3A%22news.reads%22 %7D&action_ref_map=[]

Seems a bit like the birth certificate issue. If you have nothing to hide and all that...

But I really am not up to speed on this issue. Could somebody fill me in?

aircarver
08-01-2012, 07:02
It's unlikely that he can't come up with a birth certficate so ....

If Obamao wants to release his sealed papers I'll bet Romney will trade ... :whistling:

sbhaven
08-01-2012, 07:17
What's the deal with Romney's tax returns?
Whats the deal with Obama's college transcripts?

Tell you what. Romney should release his tax records AFTER Obama releases his college transcripts. The progressives shouldn't have a problem with that should they? They think Obama is the smartest guy in the room. So why not let Obama prove it?
:dunno:

series1811
08-01-2012, 07:20
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/31/harry-reid-romney-taxes_n_1724027.html?fb_action_ids=4373179008338%2C165796816889151&fb_action_types=news.reads&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%7B%224373179008338%22%3A10151987462595385%2C%22165796816889151%22%3A1015111136871 1049%7D&action_type_map=%7B%224373179008338%22%3A%22news.reads%22%2C%22165796816889151%22%3A%22news.reads%22 %7D&action_ref_map=[]

Seems a bit like the birth certificate issue. If you have nothing to hide and all that...

Here is the main thing about it. You have to try, anyway possible, to keep people from remembering all of the stuff Obama has hidden.

One way, albeit a pretty pathetic one, is to keep saying that no matter what Romney releases, even when it's more than Obama released, that it's not enough.

I know, it's weak, but nobody said propping O-Nothing up at this point, would be easy.

DU should have briefed you on this. Go check.

IvanVic
08-01-2012, 07:34
This is a hurdle Romney is going to have to face, that's all there is to it. He has released far fewer, in terms of the number of years, tax returns than our most recent Presidents. That does not automatically mean he has anything to hide, it simply means he hasn't released them. Perhaps he thinks it is unnecessary. Perhaps he is concerned with the public perception of his effective rate, who knows. Either way, I suspect this to be a major part of the race - and how Romney handles it could very well mean the difference between another 4 years of Obama, and a Romney Presidency.

sbhaven
08-01-2012, 07:40
This is a hurdle Romney is going to have to face, that's all there is to it. He has released far fewer, in terms of the number of years, tax returns than our most recent Presidents. That does not automatically mean he has anything to hide, it simply means he hasn't released them. Perhaps he thinks it is unnecessary. Perhaps he is concerned with the public perception of his effective rate, who knows. Either way, I suspect this to be a major part of the race - and how Romney handles it could very well mean the difference between another 4 years of Obama, and a Romney Presidency.
The hurdle Romney or any other Republican has to face is one that Obama and Democrats do NOT have to face. It does not matter what Romney releases! The media and Democrats will simply invent another hurdle to place in front of who ever is the Republican candidate.

This is the game that is played every election cycle by the liberals and their propaganda partners in the MSM. They rig the media optics game so the Republican always has an uphill climb.

series1811
08-01-2012, 07:41

Well, that would certainly be you and Obama hoping it works out that way.

Really, what a funny issue for Obama to highlight. It's almost like Obama claiming Romney wasn't born in the US. Does he really want to highlight anything relating to refusing to release records?

It will probably go over good at the DNC cheering stands (and, those don't get any bigger than the ones at the Huffington Post), and get a WTF everywhere else.

aircarver
08-01-2012, 07:43
Us Obamao-tossers don't give a damn ......:supergrin:

BuzznRose
08-01-2012, 07:52

You're worried about Romneys taxes above Obamas economy? We're you worried about Tim Gietners taxes when BHO chose him as Treasury Secretary?

Only folks who care about this issue are the ones diverting attention from the current state and direction of the country.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

JFrame
08-01-2012, 08:03
You're worried about Romneys taxes above Obamas economy? We're you worried about Tim Gietners taxes when BHO chose him as Treasury Secretary?

Only folks who care about this issue are the ones diverting attention from the current state and direction of the country.

It is kind of interesting that an administration and party so rife with tax cheats (including the guy in charge of everybody's money) is so concerned about someone else's tax returns all of a sudden.

One almost has to wonder if there's some projection taking place also...

whoflungdo
08-01-2012, 08:07

It is kind of interesting that an administration and party so rife with tax cheats (including the guy in charge of everybody's money) is so concerned about someone else's tax returns all of a sudden.

One almost has to wonder if there's some projection taking place also...

Exactly. All Romney has to say is, I'll release my tax forms as soon as everyone in your administration pays their BACK taxes...

Bren
08-01-2012, 08:13
Yeah - the IRS didn't notice that.:upeyes:

A. Consider the source.

B. Consider that the source says, "a guy (with no special reason to know) told me."
:upeyes:

C. Consider that Reid seem to be going out of his way to say, "I made this story up to force him to turn over his tax returns."

Tellingly, neither Reid nor his office would reveal who the investor was, making it impossible to verify if the accusation is true.

When the Huffington Post implies that one of its own is lying about a Republican, you know it's a pretty obvous lie.

whoflungdo
08-01-2012, 08:20
Another gem from the article "Romney couldn't make it through a Senate confirmation process as a mere Cabinet nominee, the majority leader insisted, owing to the opaqueness of his personal finances (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/18/mitt-romney-taxes-2010_n_1683084.html)."

That may true of previous administrations, but obviously, not the current, transparent one.

Gunhaver
08-01-2012, 08:23
Here is the main thing about it. You have to try, anyway possible, to keep people from remembering all of the stuff Obama has hidden.

One way, albeit a pretty pathetic one, is to keep saying that no matter what Romney releases, even when it's more than Obama released, that it's not enough.

I know, it's weak, but nobody said propping O-Nothing up at this point, would be easy.

DU should have briefed you on this. Go check.

I will say that there's probably a lot of truth to that, much to your surprise since you can't seem to resist responding to a post of mine without a reference to DU (which I finally had to look up to find out WTH you keep referring to, University of Denver? Ducks Unlimited? Oh, OK, Democratic Underground! That's what this nut keeps rambling on about. Huh, I haven't heard them mentioned since I switched work shifts and quit listening to talk radio. Of course. He's one that can't fathom a slight deviation from his own way of thinking without just slapping the "democRAT" or "libtard" label on it because they like simple explainations these types, but I digress) even though I've voted "R" in just about every damn election I've voted in. But please, don't let that stop you from your neocon strokefest.

What I was looking for was some actual information on what Romney had released, what he refused, what he was required to release, ect. Both of these candidates suck as much as any could. I'm just trying to figure out which pile of **** stinks the least and guys like you do more to push me over to the darker pile than anything I see on the MSM. If fact guys like you validate and verify what I hear from the MSM. No coherent arguments, no valid points to investigate, just a bunch of haters blathering on about the same old tired (and settled) birth certificate and lapdog media garbage. Keep up the good work comrade. :wavey:

Gunhaver
08-01-2012, 08:26
Exactly. All Romney has to say is, I'll release my tax forms as soon as everyone in your administration pays their BACK taxes...

Now there's the best point I've heard all day. That's a political ad I'd love to see. It would really get interesting if they called his bluff.

robertoh
08-01-2012, 08:28
Since the Dims.,can't talk about Obama's record the only thing they can do is try and divert attention to Romney with things like this,and if they(Dims.),keep this up it will soon become evident to the voters what their doing and will backfire.

whoflungdo
08-01-2012, 08:49
I will say that there's probably a lot of truth to that, much to your surprise since you can't seem to resist responding to a post of mine without a reference to DU (which I finally had to look up to find out WTH you keep referring to, University of Denver? Ducks Unlimited? Oh, OK, Democratic Underground! That's what this nut keeps rambling on about. Huh, I haven't heard them mentioned since I switched work shifts and quit listening to talk radio. Of course. He's one that can't fathom a slight deviation from his own way of thinking without just slapping the "democRAT" or "libtard" label on it because they like simple explainations these types, but I digress) even though I've voted "R" in just about every damn election I've voted in. But please, don't let that stop you from your neocon strokefest.

What I was looking for was some actual information on what Romney had released, what he refused, what he was required to release, ect. Both of these candidates suck as much as any could. I'm just trying to figure out which pile of **** stinks the least and guys like you do more to push me over to the darker pile than anything I see on the MSM. If fact guys like you validate and verify what I hear from the MSM. No coherent arguments, no valid points to investigate, just a bunch of haters blathering on about the same old tired (and settled) birth certificate and lapdog media garbage. Keep up the good work comrade. :wavey:

I'm gonna help you out a bit, and not that you don't already know this, but the reason for several of the conservatives on this board continuous questioning of your allegiance is because you seem to only care or pose questions about Romney and your apparent defense of Obama. If you were balanced in your questioning and defense, you wouldn't get the attention from the conservatives on this board. It's your actions that are causing the attention.

That is my one good deed of the day. Like they say, "No good deed goes unpunished", I am ready for the consequences...

JFrame
08-01-2012, 08:51
I'm gonna help you out a bit, and not that you don't already know this, but the reason for several of the conservatives on this board continuous questioning of your allegiance is because you seem to only care or pose questions about Romney and your apparent defense of Obama. If you were balanced in your questioning and defense, you wouldn't get the attention from the conservatives on this board. It's your actions that is causing the attention.

That is my one good deed of the day. Like they say, "No good deed goes unpunished", I am ready for the consequences...

Who -- the milk of human kindness flows through you in veritable rivers... :cool:

whoflungdo
08-01-2012, 08:53
Who -- the milk of human kindness flows through you in veritable rivers... :cool:

:wavey:

ChuteTheMall
08-01-2012, 09:03
It's a non-issue, he met all legal disclosure requirements.

Until Obama allows the release of his school records, which may or may not reveal his citizenship status, nothing else need be released and the libtards are invited to go pound sand.

Every time they attempt to raise this issue, we are reminded that they still have not vetted Barack Hussein Barry Soetaro Obama. Did he receive financial aid as a foreign exchange student? Did he travel on a foreign passport? Did he earn passing grades? Nobody knows.

If Romney cheated on his taxes, is there any doubt that Obama's IRS would file charges?

nmk
08-01-2012, 09:05
I'm gonna help you out a bit, and not that you don't already know this, but the reason for several of the conservatives on this board continuous questioning of your allegiance is because you seem to only care or pose questions about Romney and your apparent defense of Obama. If you were balanced in your questioning and defense, you wouldn't get the attention from the conservatives on this board. It's your actions that are causing the attention.

I can't speak for him, but here's my take on it. I'm an independent who is conservative on most issues. When left trash gets posted here it is swarmed by the majority and I don't feel compelled to add to it. When right trash gets posted here....not so much. I'm more likely to comment on the trash that isn't questioned. Of course that leads to the completely unsupported assertion that I'm a DU troll. Oh well.

ETA: DU will always be Ducks Unlimited to me.

callihan_44
08-01-2012, 09:07
please release tax returns from the day you started work mitt, we gotta know....PEOPLE ARE LOSING SLEEP OVER THIS, we cant put those who are standing in the unemployment line through anymore stress! God knows those tax returns are the key to our future, we CANNOT HAVE someone who is screwing the system by paying ONLY what they are legally bound to!

whoflungdo
08-01-2012, 09:11
I can't speak for him, but here's my take on it. I'm an independent who is conservative on most issues. When left trash gets posted here it is swarmed by the majority and I don't feel compelled to add to it. When right trash gets posted here....not so much. I'm more likely to comment on the trash that isn't questioned. Of course that leads to the completely unsupported assertion that I'm a DU troll. Oh well.

It's not just in the replies. It's in the subject matter of the threads he starts as well. I can't think of a thread I've seen you start, so I cannot comment on your history. I will research it. One's action and words shows what is important and builds a history as well as a profile.

JFrame
08-01-2012, 09:17

I think the folks here are a pretty astute bunch in general. From practical and continuous experience, we can usually sniff out the faux "centrists" from the real ones. It's just a matter of observing repetitive behavior.

One of the real tip-offs is a relative newbie who starts a discussion with "I'm a centrist/independent, but...", then goes on a blatantly biased tear. And once exposed, the faux centrist tends to go into a flaming spiral of "right winger/KKK/Jesus Freak/etc." insults before vanishing and reappearing as yet a new "centrist" screen name.

FWIW, I believe you are who you say you are -- it's evident in your interactions on this forum over an extended period. Of course, my endorsement and a buck still can't buy you a cup of coffee... http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/big_standart/biggrin.gif

ModGlock17
08-01-2012, 09:21

+1

Them *******s are yanking my chain. No money to pay bills. No jobs. And they're saying Rom's tax is the concern?

Talk about out-of-touch!

nmk
08-01-2012, 09:24
It's not just in the replies. It's in the subject matter of the threads he starts as well. I can't think of a thread I've seen you start, so I cannot comment on your history. I will research it. One's action and words shows what is important and builds a history as well as a profile.

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/5/9/ruhroh128548602003264776.jpg

kirgi08
08-01-2012, 09:30
tagged.

FFR Spyder GT
08-01-2012, 09:34
The reason people want Mitt's tax returns are to prove that lied and that he bilked investors out of money.

Plus as the owner of his investment company he bought several businesses, borrowed heavily against them, raid their bank accounts and retirement funds then since they were set up as she'll companies, he files for bankruptcy and pocketed million$ at other peoples expense.

Plus, Mitt "I know how to create jobs" Romney bought several businesses and moved their operations oversea for a higher profit margin causing many Americans to loss their jobs.

Mitt "claims" he wasn't in control of his investment company even though he told investor that he was the sole owner and operator of his investment company.

But at the same time Mitt "claims" he wasn't responsible for the businesses going bankrupt and wasn't responsible for job moving overseas because someone else, unnamed of course, was running his investment company and that he did NOT profit from the backruptcies or from moving jobs overseas.

That's why people want to see his tax returns.

Spyder

whoflungdo
08-01-2012, 09:37
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/5/9/ruhroh128548602003264776.jpg

LMBO... That wasn't a threat... Just trying to "profile" you... :wavey:

ModGlock17
08-01-2012, 09:38

That's why they have the water boys do it for them. The emperor is naked but his boys try to point out others are, too.

What is offensive to me, is not the subject but they'd think I am stupid enough to bite on that line of news. Come to think of it, that is probably the treatment they had learnt to treat their voting base, where some of them may not even have HEART BEATs nor citizenship.

Sometimes, I think that once a person is dead, he instantly becomes a democrat voter.

whoflungdo
08-01-2012, 09:41
I think the folks here are a pretty astute bunch in general. From practical and continuous experience, we can usually sniff out the faux "centrists" from the real ones. It's just a matter of observing repetitive behavior.

One of the real tip-offs is a relative newbie who starts a discussion with "I'm a centrist/independent, but...", then goes on a blatantly biased tear. And once exposed, the faux centrist tends to go into a flaming spiral of "right winger/KKK/Jesus Freak/etc." insults before vanishing and reappearing as yet a new "centrist" screen name.

FWIW, I believe you are who you say you are -- it's evident in your interactions on this forum over an extended period. Of course, my endorsement and a buck still can't buy you a cup of coffee... http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/big_standart/biggrin.gif

I concur and better stated than I was able to do... You sir are a walking thesaurus..

JFrame
08-01-2012, 09:44
I concur and better stated than I was able to do... You sir are a walking thesaurus..

To quote the great George Costanza (as opposed to the deplorable Jason Alexander): "Always end on a high note -- I'm outta here!" :supergrin:

(Thank you!)

nmk
08-01-2012, 09:50
LMBO... That wasn't a threat... Just trying to "profile" you... :wavey:

No worries. I was just pointing out that if you only go by what I post in GTPI, then I probably seem liberal. As I explained there is a logical explanation for that bias. And I completely understand JFrame's point. There may be a history to certain posters that I am not aware of. Sometimes I can spend the entire day here and then disappear for days for my field work. I try not to do drive-by posts, but I'm sure it happens.

I'm not politically savvy enough to label myself, but I think I'm an independent and not a centrist. I feel very strongly about most issues. For some of those issues I end up on the left. For most (the ones I usually don't post about) I end up on the right.

ChuteTheMall
08-01-2012, 10:02
Sometimes, I think that once a person is dead, he instantly becomes a democrat voter.

I'd sooner die than ever again vote for a democrat!

Oh, wait....

Flying-Dutchman
08-01-2012, 10:11

Talk about throwing stones while living in a glass house.

Romney is fabulously rich; self-made rich as opposed to Obama’s get- rich-off-of-the-taxpayers rich.

Romney is worth $200 million so he does not want to stir up class envy and it really is none of anyone’s business. He has been audited by the IRS and you can be sure he has paid his fair share as required by law.

While a poor campaigner, Romney may be the best President since Calvin Coolidge. Take a couple of minutes to read up on him.

He gave his inheritance to charity and is a self-made man.

He has a joint MBA/JD from Harvard (one of 15 in the program).

We do not want an average person to be President; we need someone exceptional like Romney.

Romney needs to pick a really mean VP so he can stay Presidential above the fray while his VP hammers Obama’s mysterious past including his suspected foreign student aid and Indonesian visa on his 1980 trip to Pakistan.

wjv
08-01-2012, 10:17
This is no different that the media making up all the "controversy" from Romney's recent Middle East / Poland trip.

What the media probably doesn't realize is that there are a LOT of people who agree with the comments he made about the Arab culture and how it effects the economies in those countries.

Flying-Dutchman
08-01-2012, 10:25
This is no different that the media making up all the "controversy" from Romney's recent Middle East / Poland trip.

What the media probably doesn't realize is that there are a LOT of people who agree with the comments he made about the Arab culture and how it effects the economies in those countries.
Romney said nothing controversial. I loved his remark about getting Churchill’s bust back.

Our country has a lot of enemies in the main stream media. 2012 will be another Tea Party year; payback time.

IvanVic
08-01-2012, 10:26
The hurdle Romney or any other Republican has to face is one that Obama and Democrats do NOT have to face. It does not matter what Romney releases! The media and Democrats will simply invent another hurdle to place in front of who ever is the Republican candidate.

Yes, but voters are able to understand and make judgments on their own when comparing Romney's release with the releases of other Presidents.

Well, that would certainly be you and Obama hoping it works out that way.

Hoping it works out which way?

You're worried about Romneys taxes above Obamas economy?

I think you quoted the wrong poster - or you just made this up out of thin air, because nothing in my post suggests this. The topic was Romney's tax returns, therefore, I commented on Romney's tax returns. If the topic had been the Obama economy, I would have commented on the Obama economy. The topic was not the economy, hence the absence of any details about the economy in my post.

sbhaven
08-01-2012, 12:03
Yes, but voters are able to understand and make judgments on their own when comparing Romney's release with the releases of other Presidents.
How many voters really take the time to look at a candidates tax returns? How many voters really even care about a candidate's tax returns? The ONLY people who care about a candidate's tax returns are his enemy's who want to use bits and pieces of it (usually out of context) to attack the candidate. Its the same reason why people want to see Obama's real birth certificate and college transcripts. Frankly I see this tax issue as simply another diversion perpetrated by the MSM to divert attention away from the flailing economy.

The ONLY reason why the left has such a hard on for Romney's tax returns is so they can use it to further their class warfare meme. It will not matter if Romney was above board on every minute detail in his tax returns and paid what the government said he had to pay. The left will simply say to their base; "Look, there is an other rich fat cat who didn't pay their fair share!!!". Never mind that Obama is also a "rich fat cat" who also pays what the government says he should pay. The MSM always applies a double standard when it comes to Republican candidates.

Once this tax return issue no longer has any traction, the Democrats and MSM will simply find another subject to harp on with respect to Romney. If the MSM had spend half as much time investigating and reporting on Obama's socialist past as they've spent on Romney's past, Obama never would have been elected.

IvanVic
08-01-2012, 12:14
How many voters really take the time to look at a candidates tax returns? How many voters really even care about a candidate's tax returns?

15 or 20 years ago, probably not many. Now that we are post bailouts and post crash, and living in a society where the public envies those with more than them, there is a segment of voters that do care about tax returns.

Frankly I see this tax issue as simply another diversion perpetrated by the MSM to divert attention away from the flailing economy.

Well, the left would be attacking Romney on taxes regardless of what the economy was doing - but they're certainly more desperate than usual to draw attention away from a failing economy.

The ONLY reason why the left has such a hard on for Romney's tax returns is so they can use it to further their class warfare meme.

Yes, and the sad part is, they're doing it because it's beneficial. It's not just the media now, it's the public. The public envies the rich, they want to tax the rich at a higher rate either under the false assumption that it will help the economy, or simply as a means of being "fair". The public is now fully engaging in class warfare, not just the media.

PocketProtector
08-01-2012, 12:24
No one's tax returns have a thing to do with the Onal raping of the Constitution and thus the citizens of the United States of America.

Gundude
08-01-2012, 12:33

That is my one good deed of the day. Like they say, "No good deed goes unpunished", I am ready for the consequences...Is it possible that balanced people appear to be more anti-Romney than anti-Obama, simply because all the anti-Obama stuff is more than covered by other posters, and lots of people don't feel the need to chip in with "me too" and "+1" posts?

Gundude
08-01-2012, 12:36

Oops, didn't see that before I posted basically the same thing. Sorry.

Let me just say "+1". :tongueout:

JFrame
08-01-2012, 12:42
Is it possible that balanced people appear to be more anti-Romney than anti-Obama, simply because all the anti-Obama stuff is more than covered by other posters, and lots of people don't feel the need to chip in with "me too" and "+1" posts?

Again -- there is a difference in overall tonal quality between a true centrist/independent/person-interested-in-dialogue, versus a false flag poster with a partisan agenda. Experience has shown that the latter can't be concealed over the long haul.

Kablam
08-01-2012, 13:09
The reason people want Mitt's tax returns are to prove that lied and that he bilked investors out of money.

That's why people want to see his tax returns.

Spyder

So I can be assured that you have seen the tax returns, ergo the remark about the returns proving something. Or are you just spouting off unfounded "facts" that come from MSM and leftist progressive sources (like Harry Reid)?

The "people" aren't interested in his tax returns. The MSM and left wing progressive movement are interested in them. And they are not interested in them to see his taxes. After all, Obama's appointees don't have a stellar record of being able to manipulate TurboTax and pay what they legally owe. They only want to use them to harp on how rich he is to further their class warfare division of this nation (see Saul Alinski and Cloward and Pivens for further details). See, Romney makes some millions a year from working in the private sector, which is where meaningful (to the economy anyhow) jobs are created, not a paultry 5 or 6 million in a couple of years for writing a couple of crappy books about a make pretend life (O), or a paultry 100 million in the first ten years out of office that that paragon of left wing virtue (Bubba Clinton) made for giving speeches. I know those numbers aren't exact, but they ARE representative of my point.

series1811
08-01-2012, 15:39
OK, Democratic Underground!

See, you're smarter than you think.

porschedog
08-01-2012, 15:55
Try asking Reid or Pelosi for their tax returns. They refuse to provide them.

series1811
08-02-2012, 06:38
Is it possible that balanced people appear to be more anti-Romney than anti-Obama, simply because all the anti-Obama stuff is more than covered by other posters, and lots of people don't feel the need to chip in with "me too" and "+1" posts?

No, that's not it. It's pretty apparent you are here to try and get us to support Obama, or at least think it's not worth voting.

It's hard to understand, this being a gun board and all, and the Democrats history in that regard, but it's hard to see it any other way.

If you were the only one, we might think it was just an anomaly. Clearly, there are several of you, who only post on the political issues section, (and some I suspect are still wondering just what the heck a "Glock" is), and who do seem to have a clear agenda.

That's okay. We kind of enjoy watching you guys work, believe it or not, or we wouldn't keep coming back to cut you up. :supergrin:

aircarver
08-02-2012, 06:45
That's okay. We kind of enjoy watching you guys work, believe it or not, or we wouldn't keep coming back to cut you up. :supergrin:

It may only be one paid operative .... with many screen personas .....:whistling:

G19G20
08-02-2012, 18:03
The comparisons to Obama's secrecy are apt, however most people have accepted it is what it is regarding his past and most people don't draw the comparisons between college transcripts and whether Romney is lying about his time at Bain since it's been part of his campaign rhetoric.

The real issue with the tax returns is that Romney may be lying about when he left Bain. No biggie you say? Probably not to the American people. But if Romney told the SEC he left in 1999 but was still there officially until 2002, that makes Romney a federal felon for lying to the SEC. That's kind of important and that's the real story behind the tax returns. Mitt's bus gets a big flat tire if it's found that he lied in official company filings to the SEC. He'd be lucky to not face prosecution, nevermind his presidential campaign.

Big Mad Dawg
08-03-2012, 06:24
No, that's not it. It's pretty apparent you are here to try and get us to support Obama, or at least think it's not worth voting.

It's hard to understand, this being a gun board and all, and the Democrats history in that regard, but it's hard to see it any other way.

If you were the only one, we might think it was just an anomaly. Clearly, there are several of you, who only post on the political issues section, (and some I suspect are still wondering just what the heck a "Glock" is), and who do seem to have a clear agenda.

1811 they know a Glock is a black gun that doesn’t have a shoulder thingy :whistling:

series1811
08-03-2012, 06:31
The comparisons to Obama's secrecy are apt, however most people have accepted it is what it is regarding his past

No, most Democrats have accepted that Obama's past is what it is, and are desperately, with all their little liberal hearts, hoping the rest of the country will do the same.

Romney would have to be a moron to keep releasing documents when Obama has thumbed his nose at people asking for much less intrusive ones from him for four years.

aircarver
08-03-2012, 09:33
Perhaps if a real government replaces a criminal conspiracy, there will again be prosecutions of criminal behavior.

FFR Spyder GT
08-03-2012, 13:20

Not true. As Members of Congress they have to release them.

whoflungdo
08-03-2012, 13:35

Umm strike two... Try again...

http://bostonherald.com/news/us_politics/view/20120719most_members_of_congress_keep_their_tax_returns_secret

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2012/07/18/156632/most-members-of-congress-keep.html

http://on.rt.com/i41ggy

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57475567-503544/few-in-congress-have-released-tax-returns-report-shows/

Google is your friend. You really should be right before you try and correct someone.

kirgi08
08-03-2012, 13:38
:animlol:

ChuteTheMall
08-03-2012, 19:05
:nutcheck:

G19G20
08-03-2012, 19:14
No, most Democrats have accepted that Obama's past is what it is, and are desperately, with all their little liberal hearts, hoping the rest of the country will do the same.

Romney would have to be a moron to keep releasing documents when Obama has thumbed his nose at people asking for much less intrusive ones from him for four years.

As much I'd like to agree that it's still a big issue, it just isn't. At least not in the sense of the general population caring. Ask random people on the street if Obama is an American or if they question his background. Bet you less than 20% question his background, probably more like 10%. People just don't care about that after almost 4 years and view most discussion of it as conspiracy theory, right or wrong.

Romney's not doing himself any favors by hiding his past, unless there's really damaging stuff like lying to the SEC in there. As a presumptive nominee he doesn't get the slack that Obama now receives.

whoflungdo
08-04-2012, 13:55

Umm strike two... Try again...

http://bostonherald.com/news/us_politics/view/20120719most_members_of_congress_keep_their_tax_returns_secret

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2012/07/18/156632/most-members-of-congress-keep.html

http://on.rt.com/i41ggy

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57475567-503544/few-in-congress-have-released-tax-returns-report-shows/

Google is your friend. You really should be right before you try and correct someone.

Still waiting on you to do the honorable thing and admit you were either wrong or purposefully lying to mislead porchedog

G17Jake
08-04-2012, 18:13
The Democrats would rather have the conversation on Romney than what they have done the last four years, so they created an issue to direct the conversation away from Obama.