Caught a bee to the forehead... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Caught a bee to the forehead...

ReyFufuRulesAll
08-01-2012, 14:35
... At 70mph on the motorcycle.

Owie.

Breadman03
08-01-2012, 16:28
That will leave a mark.

I took a few, but my most memorable incident happened on a mountain bike. I was cruising along at about 25 or so when a fairly large bug of some sort flew in my mouth and went right down my throat.

tous
08-01-2012, 17:38
My head and a bird came together one sunny, summer afternoon whilst I was cruising on my CB 750.

Learned that my helmet was worthy and a bird to the head will knock you silly. :shocked:

Bird didn't survive.

ReyFufuRulesAll
08-01-2012, 21:49
My head and a bird came together one sunny, summer afternoon whilst I was cruising on my CB 750.

Learned that my helmet was worthy and a bird to the head will knock you silly. :shocked:

Bird didn't survive.

A) still waiting for that to happen... My little brother hit a bat with the headlight on his Suzuki

B) what year CB750? Mine is an 82

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x86/ReyFufuRulesAll/140.jpg

TKM
08-01-2012, 22:00
Head on or pointy bit?

Yellow jacket up the pants leg is a learning experience. Knee swole* up so big I had to cut my Wranglers off.

*(Where do you think new words come from? Pain, that's where.)

ReyFufuRulesAll
08-01-2012, 22:50
Head on or pointy bit?

Yellow jacket up the pants leg is a learning experience. Knee swole* up so big I had to cut my Wranglers off.

*(Where do you think new words come from? Pain, that's where.)

Pointy bit... It must've just been a glancing blow for me (not much venom got in or something) cuz it mostly just itched, and the swelling was pretty minor. Still hurt like a ***** at first though.

Berto
08-01-2012, 23:37
The little crystals that pop off tree branches can get your attention too while carving a logging road on the snowmobile.
I heard I hit the ground pretty hard with my noggin on the MTB, but I don't remember anything until coming home from the hospital. I guess I asked "what happened" about every 20 min for the next 2 days.:supergrin:

HandyMan Hugh
08-01-2012, 23:52

Owie.

The last thing to pass through the mind of that bee as he impacted your forehead at 70 MPH was his BEE-HIND! :rofl:

Does that give you some thoughts about wearing a helmet?

We'd like to avoid going to your funeral!

ArtCrafter
08-02-2012, 00:37
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z43/lubaloy/OAF/DHB.png
ReyFufu does the 'Bee Dance' . . .

smith10
08-02-2012, 05:06
Yeah, i know that hurts.

So does hail.

ReyFufuRulesAll
08-02-2012, 09:14
The last thing to pass through the mind of that bee as he impacted your forehead at 70 MPH was his BEE-HIND! :rofl:

Does that give you some thoughts about wearing a helmet?

We'd like to avoid going to your funeral!

I do wear a helmet, mine is an open-face.

ArtCrafter
08-02-2012, 09:19
I do wear a helmet, mine is an open-face.

1) Glad you wear a helmet.

2) Time to get a new one.

:supergrin:

Marc1956
08-02-2012, 15:37
1) Glad you wear a helmet.

2) Time to get a new one.

We were riding one day and my buddy, with a full face helmet, visor slightly open, had a bee fly inside his helmet! I was slightly ahead of him and I noticed him getting really small in my mirrors! So, I stopped and waited. When he pulled up and explained what happened, I almost fell off my bike laughing! Didn't hurt him, but made him use up all of his brakes to get stopped and snatch off his helmet! Later, I had a bumble elephant (felt like it) hit me in the chest at about 70 MPH. Dayum! :wavey:

ReyFufuRulesAll
08-02-2012, 18:20
We were riding one day and my buddy, with a full face helmet, visor slightly open, had a bee fly inside his helmet! I was slightly ahead of him and I noticed him getting really small in my mirrors! So, I stopped and waited. When he pulled up and explained what happened, I almost fell off my bike laughing! Didn't hurt him, but made him use up all of his brakes to get stopped and snatch off his helmet! Later, I had a bumble elephant (felt like it) hit me in the chest at about 70 MPH. Dayum! :wavey:

"Bumble Elephant" :rofl::rofl::rofl:

In the fall and early spring, I usually wear a neoprene mask for both the cold and the bugs. Covers everything but my cheekbones. Guess where I got hit by a junebug at 60 mph?

tous
08-02-2012, 18:32
Reyfufu can be easily characterized as a BEE MURDERER!

Shun him!

Bullman
08-02-2012, 19:05
I wore an open face helmet until I encountered my first rainstorm. After that, Full Face was the only way to go.

Blast
08-02-2012, 21:30
Like this?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_C67-XeN9FdQ/TTVefcKgd6I/AAAAAAAAADk/U2x_1S3cxRA/s1600/WELT.bmp

ChuteTheMall
08-02-2012, 21:36
That's nothing.

I know a bee that was just cruising along sniffing flowers and grooving in the sunshine when he got hit by a motorcyclist who must have been doing about 70 mph.
Bee gone.:crying:

Blast
08-02-2012, 22:40
That's nothing.

I know a bee that was just cruising along sniffing flowers and grooving in the sunshine when he got hit by a who must have been doing about 70 mph.
Motorcyclist left scene.:shocked:
Wouldn't that be considered Beeslaughter? :whistling:

ReyFufuRulesAll
08-02-2012, 23:39
Reyfufu can be easily characterized as a BEE MURDERER!

Shun him!

That's nothing.

I know a bee that was just cruising along sniffing flowers and grooving in the sunshine when he got hit by a motorcyclist who must have been doing about 70 mph.

Motorcyclist left scene.:shocked:
Wouldn't that be considered Beeslaughter? :whistling:

:chatter:

:freak:

Blast
08-03-2012, 00:36
Ya good at math?:whistling:

http://www.karmalaundry.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/zombee.jpg

http://animalreview.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/istock_000010745633small.jpg

ReyFufuRulesAll
08-03-2012, 00:57
Ya good at math?:whistling:

http://www.karmalaundry.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/zombee.jpg

http://animalreview.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/istock_000010745633small.jpg

That's why god invented dragon's breath rounds.

GotFour
08-03-2012, 21:05
I learned the hard way not to ride with your mouth open.........don't ask!

BlownFiveLiter
08-03-2012, 21:37
A dragonfly off the faceshield of an HJC helmet is loud enough to make your ears ring at about 60 MPH. I thought I got shot, or something. :wow:

ReyFufuRulesAll
08-03-2012, 22:02
A dragonfly off the faceshield of an HJC helmet is loud enough to make your ears ring at about 60 MPH. I thought I got shot, or something. :wow:

Dragonflies are fun too :supergrin:

:alex:

pilsbury
08-03-2012, 22:31
A couple of years ago I had a blackbird hit me in my right temple on the freeway. Arkansas, no helmet law, only had a baseball cap on. It almost knocked me out, I actually saw stars.

HandyMan Hugh
08-03-2012, 22:57
This thread reminded me of an old joke.

How do you find a happy motorcyclist in a crowded room?
Just look for the guy with the bugs on his teeth.:supergrin::supergrin:

pineappleshooter
08-03-2012, 23:10
My cousin had a beetle hit him in the chest at 60 mph - left a welt the size of a silver dollar sticking about a 1/4 inch out of his chest!

kcb
08-04-2012, 10:07

Owie.

THAT is the defense that one friend of ours gave for NOT wearing a helmet while riding a motorcycle.

Apparently, when he first started riding, a bee managed to get INSIDE his helmet. He said he nearly wrecked his bike trying to pull off the road and rip his helmet off of his head.

I STILL wear a helmet when I ride with my hubby, but that would probably give me heart failure because when I was a little girl, I was allergic to bee stings.

I haven't been stung since I was 7 years old, so I don't know if I still am...probably should discuss with my doctor. I've heard too many stories about riding a motorcycle versus bees.

Hope you are okay!