please tell me this did not just happen [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : please tell me this did not just happen

ctious
08-01-2012, 21:30
So I shipped my long slide and a rmr off to Bowie last week thur. Checked the tracking today and it does not exsist. UPS may have lost It. I emailed Bowie to see if it got there. I pray it did. I insured it but not that it does any good being I cant get anothet long slide right now anyways. Called UPS and they have no record of it.

Guess i wont be getting much sleep tonight.

Angry Fist
08-01-2012, 21:36
This did not happen. Gawd I hope not. I'd be one PO'd mofugga.

ctious
08-01-2012, 21:43
This did not happen. Gawd I hope not. I'd be one PO'd mofugga.

I dont know if i should be mad or just start crying. Lol.

dm1906
08-01-2012, 21:58
Did you ship it through a "UPS Store", or one of those mailbox stores? I occasionally use a mailbox store, and I rarely get the shipping notice or see it in the system before the package is received (or a week or two later). Almost as bad as Postal.

ctious
08-01-2012, 22:05
Shipped it through my shop. UPS picks up from my place.

Yondering
08-01-2012, 22:13
Well, all the postal systems seem to have their issues, but I just hate using UPS, and avoid it whenever possible.

ctious
08-01-2012, 22:35
Well, all the postal systems seem to have their issues, but I just hate using UPS, and avoid it whenever possible.

I have never had a problem with them before. I have had stuff go missing from usps and fed ex.

I hope its not gone.

dm1906
08-01-2012, 22:48
Ouch! I have pick-ups once in a while, and they're in the system within an hour. Good luck! I hope the driver didn't drop the ball. If he didn't scan it right away (I always insist they do), I don't know. UPS has always been better for me than the others. It's a box with an address on it, so hope for the best.

Fire_Medic
08-01-2012, 23:37
As of late everything I have ordered or shipped has taken a day or so to show up in their system, give it some time, hopefully it's not gone, let's be positive.

:wavey:

GlockN
08-02-2012, 00:20
As of late everything I have ordered or shipped has taken a day or so to show up in their system, give it some time, hopefully it's not gone, let's be positive.

:wavey:

He shipped it last week. It should have arrived at its destination already.

Fire_Medic
08-02-2012, 07:46
He shipped it last week. It should have arrived at its destination already.

UPS ground is 5 business days the weekend doesn't count......depending on when Thursday he shipped it early or late it might or might not have left his local processing center that day, 5 business days puts him at today.

Besides I'm just trying to be positive, thanks for throwing more negativity at the guy :wavey:

_The_Shadow
08-02-2012, 08:20
Citous, Hope everthing finds its way to the proper destination!
Things do happen, here lately I have been double boxing things with address info on the inside of packages I send out. Sometimes I think the target packages with insured items...soccer, football, basketball are just a few things I picture as the package goes thru the shipping process. LOL :dunno:

ctious
08-02-2012, 08:27
Shipped thur. 2 day delivery. Monday it should have been at Bowie. Still waiting to hear back from bowie.

This just sucks.

Wolf Spyder
08-02-2012, 15:22
I hate to be the guy who dumps bad on a hopeful member of GlockTalk... but a few years ago UPS was in the middle of a theft scandal. They were caught skimming certain items and labeling them as lost or not received, only to sell them on eBay and a few other websites. This is how I purchased my Cairns 1010 fire helmet for less than $80.oo.

I am not saying this is what happened. I hope and pray it did not happen, but they have a poor track record with this sort of thing going back over 10 years now.

ctious
08-02-2012, 15:38
Well if any one sees a lone wolf sold top long slide posted please let me know. If its mine I will know. Not saying how but I will know. Thanks guys.

ctious
08-02-2012, 16:01
Just heard from bowie he has it. That is a relief. How can a package not show up in their system if they delivered it? Who knows. But my stuff is safe.

alwaysshootin
08-02-2012, 16:16
Just heard from bowie he has it. That is a relief. How can a package not show up in their system if they delivered it? Who knows. But my stuff is safe.

Real glad to hear it made it! After just reading your post, I wasn't going to be able to sleep tonight, worrying about, where it might be! I don't mind ordering things, but I hate shipping things off, especially things, that are hard to replace!

Angry Fist
08-02-2012, 16:17
See? I told you, This did not happen! :supergrin:

Wolf Spyder
08-02-2012, 16:24
I am happy it turned up safe and sound.

nickE10mm
08-02-2012, 17:46

Whoa!!!! Congrats!! Its funny, even if you're having a sh^&$y day and then you get good news like that, your whole day is JUST GREAT, right? :cool:

bac1023
08-03-2012, 19:58

Glad to hear

cowboy1964
08-04-2012, 15:29
Probably a data entry error or other system glitch along the way. It happens.

jetttstream
08-09-2012, 10:09
Congrats. I had a similar incident with USPS....and I'll never send valuables with them again. My box arrived ---but empty. :(