TSA agrees to allow unionization of agents [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : TSA agrees to allow unionization of agents

snerd
08-02-2012, 13:38
Good news................
The best of both worlds of big government merged on Thursday: The Transportation Security Administration agreed to allow the American Federation of Government Employees to unionize its workforce.
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/08/02/government-workers-union-to-begin-organizing-tsa-agents/#ixzz22Q3zBL9V

eracer
08-02-2012, 13:41
Does this mean TSA will be run into the ground, fail, and be bailed out by the government?

John Rambo
08-02-2012, 13:54
Does this mean TSA will be run into the ground, fail, and be bailed out by the government?

Well, it has unlimited funding so being a TSA agent will soon be the best job in America, and it'll just continue to suck up more and more resources.

Gundude
08-02-2012, 14:01
Well, it has unlimited funding so being a TSA agent will soon be the best job in America, and it'll just continue to suck up more and more resources.Haven't you heard? When it comes to keeping us safe from terrorists, minor details like "resources" and "liberty" aren't important.

Because terrorists are scary.

eracer
08-02-2012, 14:08
Haven't you heard? When it comes to keeping us safe from terrorists, minor details like "resources" and "liberty" aren't important.

Because terrorists are scary.But unions are scarier.

coastal4974
08-02-2012, 14:19

Why yes! Yes it does.

I canít wait till they go on strike and do to this country what the Islamic terrorists want to do.

beforeobamabans
08-02-2012, 14:50
Why yes! Yes it does.

I canít wait till they go on strike and do to this country what the Islamic terrorists want to do.

I dare them to go on strike. It will be a good excuse to get rid of the lot, just like PATCO and Reagan.

coastal4974
08-02-2012, 14:59
I dare them to go on strike. It will be a good excuse to get rid of the lot, just like PATCO and Reagan.

Not with the little Nazi calling the shots.

brickboy240
08-02-2012, 15:06
Now they can be an even bigger failure.

BuzznRose
08-02-2012, 15:07
Just when you thought TSA couldn't get worse...I wonder if they will be limited to how many "junk sacks" they have to grab or little kids they have to terrorize per shift? Maybe the unions will get them hazard duty pay for checking out granny's walker or grandpa's wheelchair?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

CAcop
08-02-2012, 15:34
There are a few airports with private security rather than TSA. San Jose Intl. is one of them. To be honest they really aren't that great. I don't know that it was a cost cutting move. It may have been a payback for campaign cash. It was hinted at by the local fishwrap.

I could see airports wanting to cut cust going private. They have to get the government's permission which would likely only happen when Republicans controlled the House and Senate. Maybe. If the check was made out to the right people for the right amount I suspect the Dems would do it.

PawDog
08-02-2012, 18:41
Why yes! Yes it does.

Federal unions can't go on strike.........Federal unions only purpose is to protect the lazy and criminal element staff, and take their union dues each month to donate to the Democrat party.

Federal unions serve no valid purpose.

coastal4974
08-02-2012, 19:04
Federal unions can't go on strike.........Federal unions only purpose is to protect the lazy and criminal element staff, and take their union dues each month to donate to the Democrat party.

Federal unions serve no valid purpose.

Gubmint workers strike all the time. What's changed since PATCO?

PawDog
08-02-2012, 19:25
Gubmint workers strike all the time. What's changed since PATCO?

Federal unions, i.e., AFGE, etc. can't strike. They can, and have, illegally organized "the blue flu" days, and can picket during their off-duty time, but the can't go on strike or simply walk off the job.

http://ohmygov.com/blogs/general_news/archive/2009/02/02/a-look-at-federal-employee-unions.aspx

The most significant difference between non-federal unions and federal unions is that federal unions can’t advocate striking or actually go on strike. According to the U.S. Federal Code, federal employees are not allowed to strike. It is deemed an unfair labor practice which can result in the employment termination and the revoking of the union’s status as a recognized labor organization.

janice6
08-02-2012, 19:27
Still, one bad step after another.

JFrame
08-03-2012, 05:31
It can only get better now.

[/sarcasm]