TSA Chief "Americans should expect some airport screeners to be criminals" [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : TSA Chief "Americans should expect some airport screeners to be criminals"

snerd
08-02-2012, 14:51
From sleeping on the job to running prostitution rings off the clock, agents in the Transportation Security Administration have been making headlines for all the wrong reasons. But TSA Deputy Administrator John Halinski shrugged off critiques of his employees at a hearing this week, saying Americans shouldn’t expect more from their airport screeners than they would from the average guy on the street............

http://www.humanevents.com/2012/08/02/tsa-chief-says-americans-should-expect-some-airport-screeners-to-be-criminals/
Unionized criminality. I feel safer already.

CitizenOfDreams
08-02-2012, 14:54
Only some? That's a relief. :upeyes:

Flintlocker
08-02-2012, 14:55
Apparently you haven't figured out how quotes work.

snerd
08-02-2012, 15:15
Apparently you haven't figured out how quotes work.
Everyone's a critic.

eracer
08-02-2012, 15:21
Wait...we shouldn't expect more from the people charged with protecting the security of commercial airliners capable of destroying skyscrapers and killing thousands of innocent civilians?

I expect to get ketchup and pickles when I ordered mustard and onions, but WHAT IS HALINSKY SMOKING?!?!

wjv
08-02-2012, 15:35
Shouldn't these people go through a New Hire background check that is slightly more intense that the one the McDonald's does?

If criminals are guarding the front line, what's to say one wouldn't take $1,000 to let some guy with a gun or explosives get through.