The Civil Rights Agenda files complaints against Chick-fil-A [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The Civil Rights Agenda files complaints against Chick-fil-A

DOC44
08-02-2012, 15:50
The Civil Rights Agenda files complaints against Chick-fil-A

The Civil Rights Agenda, a local LGBT rights advocacy group, filed multiple complaints with the Illinois Department of Human Rights Thursday, alleging that the Atlanta-based Chick-fil-A restaurant chain’s “intolerant corporate culture” violates Illinois law and a provision in the state’s Human Rights Act.

“In our current high speed media and social media environment, Chick-fil-A has announced and caused to be published, to hundreds of millions of people, that LGBT people are unacceptable and objectionable,” said Jacob Meister, Governing Board President of TCRA and the attorney who filed the complaint. “They have made it clear the lives of LGBT individuals are unacceptable to them and that same-gender families are unwelcome at Chick-fil-A.”

Rham must have a judge or two in his pocket or up his butt.

http://chicagophoenix.com/2012/08/02/the-civil-rights-agenda-files-several-complaints-against-chick-fil-a/

Doc44

JFrame
08-02-2012, 16:01
"...intolerant corporate culture..."? :headscratch:

I think gay activists are losing this P.R. war in a rout.

Better they should wrap it up and save their political capital for when (if) a REAL civil rights issue arises...

brickboy240
08-02-2012, 16:10
They still employ and serve gay people...right?

Then how are they intolerant?

I don't get that...sorry.

Guss
08-02-2012, 17:43
They still employ and serve gay people...right?

Then how are they intolerant?

I don't get that...sorry.
They look for franchisees that are married.

Lethaltxn
08-02-2012, 17:47

So? How are they intolerant? They still serve and employ gay and lesbians.

snerd
08-02-2012, 17:52
OMG!!! The bastyrds!!

DOC44
08-02-2012, 20:06
ACLU Backs Chick-fil-A Against Rahm Emanuel's Threatened Ban

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/chick-fil-a-gay-marriage-chicago/2012/07/26/id/446713

Doc44

Gunnut 45/454
08-02-2012, 22:30
Guss
Oh my God they practice what they preach!! The horror! Unlike Dumocrats that go the way the wind blows! Employers can have certian criteria for employment! I know this doesn't sit well with OWS cellar dwellers!:rofl:

marchboom
08-02-2012, 22:52
More people are going to reject gay people if this is how the gay community is going to react anytime someone disagrees with their lifestyle.

And the liberal politicians are catering to this disgusting and repugnant gay agenda.

cowboy1964
08-02-2012, 23:01
Why don't they worry about the hundreds of people killed in Chicago every month?

Blast
08-02-2012, 23:14
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6478033920

marchboom
08-02-2012, 23:46
Why don't they worry about the hundreds of people killed in Chicago every month?

What? Admit that they can't control the violence in the black neighborhoods?

This is a great diversion from the real problems in Chicago.

It was great when the ballerarina stated that Chick Fil-A didn't share Chicago values. :rofl:

JFrame
08-03-2012, 04:56

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/chick-fil-a-gay-marriage-chicago/2012/07/26/id/446713

Doc44

You KNOW the gay advocates are off base when a leftist organization like the ACLU weighs in on the side of traditionalism...

gwalchmai
08-03-2012, 05:15
They look for franchisees that are married.With small exception, CFA doesn't actually franchise their restaurants.

pipedreams
08-03-2012, 05:16
You KNOW the gay advocates are off base when a leftist organization like the ACLU weighs in on the side of traditionalism....

:agree: How true...................

Bren
08-03-2012, 05:33
I believe the major flaw in their plan is that, first, the statements they refer to were made by individual shareholders or officers in their individual capacity, not sas statements of the corporation. CFA being a separate legal entity from those individuals, most states would ignore this idiocy. Illinois probably encouraged it.

Hawkman
08-03-2012, 13:40
With small exception, CFA doesn't actually franchise their restaurants.

Not true. And the franchise fee is only $5,000. All you have to do is qualify.

gwalchmai
08-03-2012, 14:07
Not true. And the franchise fee is only $5,000. All you have to do is qualify.Really? I was reading an article the other day that said they owned all or most of their stores. Thanks for the correction.

whoflungdo
08-03-2012, 14:08
More people are going to reject gay people if this is how the gay community is going to react anytime someone disagrees with their lifestyle.

And the liberal politicians are catering to this disgusting and repugnant gay agenda.

Exactly. If they were smart, they would of come out, excuse the pun, against the mayors that wanted to punish CFA and the owners for stating their opinions. They would of had a lot more support and Aug 1st wouldn't of been such a rout if they had.

gwalchmai
08-03-2012, 14:11
I know a few gay people, and they are without exception decent individuals. The "gay community", OTOH, is a bunch of conniving backbiting scoundrels who make gay folks look bad.

Hmm, come to think of it, that sounds hauntingly familiar...

whoflungdo
08-03-2012, 14:11
I believe the major flaw in their plan is that, first, the statements they refer to were made by individual shareholders or officers in their individual capacity, not sas statements of the corporation. CFA being a separate legal entity from those individuals, most states would ignore this idiocy. Illinois probably encouraged it.

The other thing I keep hearing and reading is that CFA supports hate groups. Gives them money. One organization, I cannot remember it's name, was deemed a hate group by the SPLC. That's what they are hanging their hat on..

Hawkman
08-03-2012, 14:18
Really? I was reading an article the other day that said they owned all or most of their stores. Thanks for the correction.

Found out when my wife's consulting company did some training for them at headquarters. Their franchise is a sweet deal and if you can get one and are willing to work you will do VERY well.

Hawkman
08-03-2012, 14:20
The other thing I keep hearing and reading is that CFA supports hate groups. Gives them money. One organization, I cannot remember it's name, was deemed a hate group by the SPLC. That's what they are hanging their hat on..
The "hate group" is a lobbying organization that supports a traditional marriage amendment. The horror! :rofl:

whoflungdo
08-03-2012, 14:23
The "hate group" is a lobbying organization that supports a traditional marriage amendment. The horror! :rofl:

They don't meet the FBI definition of a Hate Group. But they do meet the biased, left leaning SPLC definition of a hate group...

I don't agree with the hate group moniker either. It's just their way of marginalizing and demonizing someone that disagrees with them.

gwalchmai
08-03-2012, 14:24
I consider "Dees' Dumbasses" a hate group.

Paul7
08-03-2012, 14:29

Doc44

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Gunnut 45/454
08-03-2012, 15:06
Paul7
Care to point out anywhere in the COTUS where marriage is a right of anyone? Marriage in a religious union between a man and a woman as defined by said religions!:supergrin:
The Government creates "CIVIL UNIONS" -if thats what the American people want then they can do it that way! And call them that civil unions!:upeyes:

AlexHassin
08-03-2012, 15:32
Paul7
Marriage in a religious union between a man and a woman as defined by said religions!:supergrin:

yeah it was, untill goverment got into the buissness of regulating it and makeing tax laws around it. and as the state is greater then the church it became the goverments. its quite eassey to get married without the involvment of any religion.

jakebrake
08-03-2012, 15:34

Doc44

whoa whoa WHOA!!!!!!! the a.c.l.u. backs WHO?????????

even THEY know it's over