Got my G20SF to the range today......... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Got my G20SF to the range today.........

Fire_Medic
08-02-2012, 19:52
So finally got my G20SF to the range with the Barsto barrel, I had to go sight in my Aimpoint for today's carbine match, the AP is brand new, and when I went to shoot the 10, guess what?

Found out in my hurry for the rifle stuff forgot my 10MM ammo......:rofl:

So range trip to follow soon :faint:

CanyonMan
08-02-2012, 20:03
So finally got my G20SF to the range with the Barsto barrel, I had to go sight in my Aimpoint for today's carbine match, the AP is brand new, and when I went to shoot the 10, guess what?

Man when I was guiding i saw guys with 'buck fever" forget to even jack a shell in the chamber, and a ton of other things... haha

But 10mm FEVER !!! Forgetting ammo and holding an empty gun, How could you do such a thing man ? Slow down, take your time amigo, you'll get a more harmonious outcome.... Plus you'll get to shoot your gun ! :rofl:

Great report. That really baits us for the next one... Please don't post that you brought your ammo but forgot your gun ! :supergrin:

Hey so sweat. I've never made a mistake ! :whistling:

Screw your head back on FM, and let's here those rounds roaring !!!! ;)

Later amigo.
Just wantd to "cheer you up." haha.

CM

bac1023
08-02-2012, 20:43

I've done that sort of thing before as well. :embarassed:

alwaysshootin
08-02-2012, 20:47
I believe it was Nelson Muntz, that said it best, HA HA! At least you learned a valuable lesson today. Live and learn.:wavey:

Fire_Medic
08-02-2012, 21:12
I got a good chuckle out of it, went to reach in the range bag for the pistol and the 10MM ammo was no where to be found. My wife said good, now next time I can go with you and shoot the new 10MM as well.

Hopefully in the next day or so I can get out. I was so tunnel visioned on the Red Dot and sighting it in because we had drill night tonight with the carbine that I forgot the pistol stuff lol.

So in spite of no 10MM I had a little fun with the plate rack at 20 yards with my G19 working on my hold overs for whenever they might surprise us with that again for IDPA, lol.

alwaysshootin
08-03-2012, 10:07
I got a good chuckle out of it, went to reach in the range bag for the pistol and the 10MM ammo was no where to be found. My wife said good, now next time I can go with you and shoot the new 10MM as well. , lol.

I'll have to admit, I chuckled too! I'm sure everyone, has forgotten to take something to the range. Better to have forgotten the ammo, then the hearing protection! Which, by the way, I made the mistake of doing, almost 30 years ago. Remember when Ruger came out with the Security Six? Had a new, 2" barreled one, given to me, for Christmas, from my Fiance. Took it to the club with a friend. Needless to say very excited about shooting it. Let's just say, very few rounds were sent down range, and if I knew then, what I know now, none would have been! At times, I can still hear the ringing!!!

Would like to add, make sure you take the wife, and tell her, to not let you forget the ammo this time.:supergrin:

Fire_Medic
08-03-2012, 10:22
I'll have to admit, I chuckled too! I'm sure everyone, has forgotten to take something to the range. Better to have forgotten the ammo, then the hearing protection! Which, by the way, I made the mistake of doing, almost 30 years ago. Remember when Ruger came out with the Security Six? Had a new, 2" barreled one, given to me, for Christmas, from my Fiance. Took it to the club with a friend. Needless to say very excited about shooting it. Let's just say, very few rounds were sent down range, and if I knew then, what I know now, none would have been! At times, I can still hear the ringing!!!

Would like to add, make sure you take the wife, and tell her, to not let you forget the ammo this time.:supergrin:

LOL yeah we will make an effort to remember the ammo, lol.

As for the Ruger, all I can say is OUCH! Hope it didn't mess up the hearing too much.

alwaysshootin
08-03-2012, 11:12
LOL yeah we will make an effort to remember the ammo, lol.

As for the Ruger, all I can say is OUCH! Hope it didn't mess up the hearing too much.

What did ya say?:fred:

It was stupid, and, a valuable lesson was learned. One thing I'm sure of, is, the damage was less, shooting the Ruger, than the damage that was done to my hearing, going to see Metallica in 91. I begged people for ear plugs. I think I was about the oldest person there, and it was so loud, it wasn't untill we got to the parking lot, that the particular song playing, was recognizable! One more place I won't attend without hearing protection! Not that I will ever attend another concert again, for the rest of my life.:supergrin:

4949shooter
08-03-2012, 18:27
My father ruined his hearing back in the 70's when hearing protection was not en vogue. He used to shoot Lugers and Walther P-38's on an indoor range.

I could never imagine doing that.

_The_Shadow
08-03-2012, 19:55
I hear you Fire Medic, I load up a range bag full of ammo, tablet to take notes and guns, range box of cleaning tools just in case, and the CHRONY and targets. Life was simpler when I would drive out to place and shoot cans or other debris people threw out in the woods.

Today many places or leased as hunting land or off limits for whatever reason, mostly dumping...now I have to go to a range when I can get there.

nickE10mm
08-04-2012, 00:26
Man I've done it a few times too. Usually I forget a certain pistol ... or I forget my chrony. Lol.

Better luck next time!

4949shooter
08-04-2012, 04:45
Drove an hour and ten minutes to go coyote hunting one time and when I got to my hunting spot I realized I had forgotten my ammo. Lol what good is a .243 rifle without ammo..

Fire_Medic
08-05-2012, 18:56
Drove an hour and ten minutes to go coyote hunting one time and when I got to my hunting spot I realized I had forgotten my ammo. Lol what good is a .243 rifle without ammo..

Just as good as my G20SF was with no ammo.......:rofl:

alwaysshootin
08-05-2012, 20:33
Just as good as my G20SF was with no ammo.......:rofl:

Not true! At least with a rifle, you could stab a coyote, with the barrel, easier, then you could stab anything, with a G20SF!:freak:

mknpwr
08-05-2012, 20:38
Last week I went to the range, pulled out my pistol, ammo, hearing protection, hung my target and went to load my magazines.....oops, left those at home. The LGS lent me a G17 mag so I could get some range time in.

Sent from my rotary dial phone

WeeWilly
08-05-2012, 20:59
Last week I went to the range, pulled out my pistol, ammo, hearing protection, hung my target and went to load my magazines.....oops, left those at home. The LGS lent me a G17 mag so I could get some range time in.

Sent from my rotary dial phone

I leave one of all my popular magazines in my range bag for that very reason, after about 3-4 trips home over the years to retrieve magazines, I figured it out, slow learner... :faint:

pasky2112
08-05-2012, 22:36

I see dudes walking around matches with empty cases in their ears... THAT can't b good.. But It'll work in a pinch. ;-)

mknpwr
08-07-2012, 20:36
I leave one of all my popular magazines in my range bag for that very reason, after about 3-4 trips home over the years to retrieve magazines, I figured it out, slow learner... :faint:

I was on the bike, grabbed everything but the magazines out of my range bag when I was getting ready to walk out the door. I'll have to start leaving spares in my smaller bag that fits the trunk of my bike

CanyonMan
08-07-2012, 23:38
Well FM,

How is it going with the new G20SF ? have ya been back out shooting yet ? (that is with ammo) ha. Man your a good sport taking a ribbing, but we all have done something simular I assure you. ;)

Man let us know when ya go back out, and how the shooting is going with your new toy !

Was thinking about ya, and thought I'd drop by ..... :wavey:

Stay safe amigo !

CM

Opie 1 Kenopie
08-07-2012, 23:54
Ever forgotten the GUNS?!?

Been there. Done that.

Loaded up all the rifles, gear, mags, safety equip and targets. Was so concentrated on the rifles I left without the pistols. Can't do much with a bunch of loaded mags and no pistols.

Unless I meet one of you guys who forgot their mags... :)

alwaysshootin
08-08-2012, 03:33
Unless I meet one of you guys who forgot their mags... :)

I'll let you shoot one of my mags full, if you let me shoot two of them. You see, I forgot my firearm! Got plenty of mags, but unless you allow me the use of yours, I got nothing to go bang!:crying:

:rofl::supergrin:

Bravo2
08-08-2012, 23:59
Same here weewilly, took only once to keep at least one mag of everygun in bag,lol.

Fire_Medic
08-09-2012, 19:26
Well FM,

How is it going with the new G20SF ? have ya been back out shooting yet ? (that is with ammo) ha. Man your a good sport taking a ribbing, but we all have done something simular I assure you. ;)

Man let us know when ya go back out, and how the shooting is going with your new toy !

Was thinking about ya, and thought I'd drop by ..... :wavey:

Stay safe amigo !

CM

Thanks CM, I got to fire the 50 round box of Underwood 180gr FMJ today and it was a hoot, this Barsto barrel is all business.

However, I might have sealed a deal with the devil today (wife), and if I get what I want the G20 will have to go, and right now I'm leaning on selling the G20 because I want the other toys more.........

We'll see what happens.........:whistling:

Coincidentally the extra mags and all the Corbon ammo I ordered for the G20 came today, and today I got an email that my backordered brass from Starline shipped, lol.........:rofl:

blastfact
08-09-2012, 20:27
OOOOO ,,,,, getting a G20 and dumping it for other toys! And you have not even began to enjoy it?

WOW,,, I'm not even a Glock fan boy. And If I die a bed death, and a choice in the matter.

My G20 will be with me.

:)

Fire_Medic
08-09-2012, 20:55
OOOOO ,,,,, getting a G20 and dumping it for other toys! And you have not even began to enjoy it?

WOW,,, I'm not even a Glock fan boy. And If I die a bed death, and a choice in the matter.

My G20 will be with me.

:)

When the old lady says ok to (2) suppressors but the G20 has to go makes you think.......

For me the G20 is just a toy, I don't hunt with it............

CanyonMan
08-09-2012, 21:51
When the old lady says ok to (2) suppressors but the G20 has to go makes you think.......

For me the G20 is just a toy, I don't hunt with it............

I totally hear ya amigo. I am selling the G29 (like new) to help 'fund' another "project." I have hunted with the G20 for grins, but it is 'very rare'. I use my 44mag/45LC, for my handgun hunting..

The G20 is a keeper, but the G29 goes...!

Well good luck on your new toy/s. I totally understand. haha.

At least ya had a G20 for a little while ! ;)

Stay in touch pard
stay safe !

CM

Fire_Medic
08-09-2012, 22:12
I totally hear ya amigo. I am selling the G29 (like new) to help 'fund' another "project." I have hunted with the G20 for grins, but it is 'very rare'. I use my 44mag/45LC, for my handgun hunting..

The G20 is a keeper, but the G29 goes...!

Well good luck on your new toy/s. I totally understand. haha.

At least ya had a G20 for a little while ! ;)

Stay in touch pard
stay safe !

CM

We'll see brother, I'm not 100% sure on the whole thing, because I have so many extras with the 10MM including stuff to reload, so unless I find someone local to buy everything it will be a pain in the butt to get it al shipped somewhere, and expensive too......

CanyonMan
08-10-2012, 08:47
We'll see brother, I'm not 100% sure on the whole thing, because I have so many extras with the 10MM including stuff to reload, so unless I find someone local to buy everything it will be a pain in the butt to get it al shipped somewhere, and expensive too......

Yep, you may end up looking for another way to fund that new toy project.. haha. I am some what in that same boat, as out here in the middle of no where, anyone I ask about buying this "gun i got," says... "It's a what millimeter ?" haha.

Well, gotta run...
Stay Safe.

Good luck amigo ! ;)

CM